Scum Thread The Board Room

The Bear

Obligatory Gay Bear of the Society
evil_bear_by_bionic7-d4xpoz5.jpg

I am the evil bear of capitalism out to destroy hopes and dreams.

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
Oh... my god....

I'm scum

I'm actually scum again

brb, crying tears of joy.

Also, I am apparently a Short-Armed Goon. My kill range is apparently six spaces, but once per game I can remove the range restriction if I want to.

The Bear

I'm the Chairman. I have unlimited range, and I can only land on property spaces, and nobody else ean land on same space as me.

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
Oh sweet, DCPat too huh? That is an awesome scum team.

Also fair warning, I am a compulsive poster who feels the need to post every single thought going in my head.

A scum cop?! What the... so you get their alignment + name?

That's what the pm says. I assume that means if successful, I don't get the roles, just "Town/Scum" and the name. Can do it once a night as well with a range of 12 like I said.

So yeah, I'm a Cop that loves capitalism apparently XD.

The Bear

We don't have any fake role claims given, so we need to figure out fake townie role claims before-hand in the case we need to.

The Bear

That's what the pm says. I assume that means if successful, I don't get the roles, just "Town/Scum" and the name. Can do it once a night as well with a range of 12 like I said.

So yeah, I'm a Cop that loves capitalism apparently XD.

Sounds like there's neutrals we might need to look out for.

The Bear

Ok, the compulsory points:

1. Don't be afraid to post. Engage in the thread, try to be helpful to town. Town will end up looking at players who are scared of posting/don't contribute to the game.
2. Don't be afraid to bus your scummates. Vote your scummates if you feel that's the best course of action. Sometimes voting your mate and lynching them is better in the long run compared to protecting them.
3. Even then, this chat is our best asset. Remember to use it!

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
Okay so, as far as role go so far...
  • Sophia: A Short-Armed Goon. Range of six spaces. Can remove the range kill restriction once per game, can't get chance and community cards.
  • Stuart: An alignment cop. Range of 12 spaces. Can investigate player name + alignment, but not role.
  • Grizzly: Chairman. Unlimited range. Can only land on property spaces, but nobody else can land on the same space.
  • DCPat: ???
That right?

As far as fake claims go, Staurt can probably easily fake claim cop, but we'd need to be worry about the possibility of a cop counter claim. I think it's unlikely, but we can't rule it out.

My first immediate thought is to claim short-armed vanilla townie, to explain why I can't get chance/community cards. It'd be my luck to get such a role for real too, but the fact that I have a role that ONLY has a drawback might clue town into the fact that I'm scum. If I do go with this claim, I'd have to claim it fairly soon or else it looks even more suspicious.

Not sure what would be a good claim for Grizzly yet.

The Bear

What helps is that this game has unseen roles. I can probs claim "I can only land on property spaces" and nobody will bat an eye.

Stuart, is there any mention about limitations where you can land? Since it seems Sophia and I can't land on community/chance.

The Bear

It looks like my killing power is most likely the most powerful one, since I have no range restrictions.

The Bear

The rules don't really explain if we can buy properties when we land on those spots. If we can, then my role seems even more useful, but who knows.

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
Looking over the rules, this one stands out to me:

"K. A Player may only submit ONE command per Night"

I can't believe that was added simply to account for Staurt's scum role, so it sounds like there's a good possibility of other players with multiple actions as well.

The Bear

So what this means is that even though our kill command is KILL[PLAYER], we need to be sure that said targeted player is in our range. I can see roles that might jump to different spots or something during night.

The Bear

Our opponents...

02. [f] KetKat - NEW UTC-4 - Mentored by [m] Hecht - No information about what to expect.
03. [m] Sexy Fish - Passive player iirc.
06. [m] Fandorin UTC-3 - No information, but might end up as wise opponent.
07. [m] Xbro UTC-6 - Passive player, but might be dangerous. I haven't seen him play as town.
08. [m] Apollo - His activity fluctuates, but he is smart.
09. [f] SweetNicole UTC-5 - Very aggressive player. Danger Danger. But that aggressivity can end up with her getting the heat and end up lynched.
10. [f] empressdonna UTC+1 - Haven't seen her play town yet. Most likely not that aggressive?
11. [m] Royal_Flush - Not aggressive, but very smart. Danger Danger.
12. [m] Brazil UTC-3 - Somewhat aggressive, and very smart. Danger Danger.
14. [m] Nin UTC+2 - He is always bit of a wildcard. If he ends up going to the wrong direction, we can use that to get heat off us.
15. [m] Kyanrute UTC+2 - Smart player. Not super aggressive one though.
16. [m] Zippedpinhead UTC-6 - Bit passive player. Alone he might end up doing gambits.
17. [m] Kalor UTC+1 - Smart player, but can be persuaded.
18. [m] Geno UTC+3 - Aggressive in the same way Nicole is.

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
You thinking Royal, Nicole, and Brazil are the most dangerous, huh?

I think Nicole is likely to be a town leader if we let her. So one of us should probably step up and make sure we're in the town leader spot too.

The Bear

I think aggressive players are always dangerous. They are hard to control, and they are more more likely to rally town behind them.

The Bear

Based on BB I think Geno will have harder time to get people behind him, though.

The Bear

I think Stuart should never kill, only use cop powers. That way we get useful intel and stuart will get 100% provable alibi/claim.

I think Stuart should never kill, only use cop powers. That way we get useful intel and stuart will get 100% provable alibi/claim.

I was thinking this since I can only do one per night.

but of course, it also requires picking a token within range of course.

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality

I agree. Stuart needs to be careful about his cop choices too. We need valuable info, but he also needs to make sure nobody's gonna question his claim. He's easily got the most powerful role among us, as far as lying to town goes.

The Bear

I agree. Stuart needs to be careful about his cop choices too. We need valuable info, but he also needs to make sure nobody's gonna question his claim. He's easily got the most powerful role among us, as far as lying to town goes.

Stuart can claim x-shot cop and only give like 2-3 results.

The Bear

Guess: There is a role that can re-direct anyone to jail.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was DCPat's role, actually. I want to hear from him asap.

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
Can I get reads on our opponents, Sophia?

Hmm... player wise, I don't have good (or any in the case of KetKat) reads on these people. They're largely unknowns to me. Likewise, I think it's safe to assume I'm largely unknown to them.

02. [f] KetKat
03. [m] Sexy Fish
06. [m] Fandorin UTC-3
07. [m] Xbro UTC-6
08. [m] Apollo
10. [f] empressdonna UTC+1

On the other hand, I have a fairly decent idea of what to expect from these players:

09. [f] SweetNicole UTC-5
11. [m] Royal_Flush
12. [m] Brazil UTC-3
14. [m] Nin UTC+2
15. [m] Kyanrute UTC+2
16. [m] Zippedpinhead UTC-6
17. [m] Kalor UTC+1
18. [m] Geno UTC+3

Of the above ones, the ones that worry me the most are Royal, Nin, and Zipped. They've played with me extensively enough that they're likely to pick up on the fact that I'm scum. Nicole worries me because she's highly intelligent, likely to listen to other players, and likely to be a town leader. Kyan and Zipped are wild cards, so I'm not sure what to expect of them. Zipped could easily go off track under the right situation, so right now I'm thinking leave him til endgame. Brazil, Kalor, and Geno I have less of a read on, but as you noted, Brazil is very intelligent too.

The Bear

Also, how are you Stuart? Is this your first game ever :)? Or have you played live or similar?

Also, how are you Stuart? Is this your first game ever :)? Or have you played live or similar?

Nope, all I've done is follow Sneakers about half way through it. Besides that, I've had no experienced with Mafia at all nor did I even know it was a thing until recently. I have plenty of experience with Monopoly though :P

The Bear

Nope, all I've done is follow Sneakers about half way through it. Besides that, I've had no experienced with Mafia at all nor did I even know it was a thing until recently. I have plenty of experience with Monopoly though :P

Well, practice makes perferct :-). Don't stress about rolling scum for your first game - nobody has any experience about your playstyle, so nobody can pin point your posting style to be scummy, no matter what it is.

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
Grizzly's right, you have an advantage over other players to being new, and I think we have a fairly good team at that. Plus you have an awesome mentor in the rare chance that none of us are around to help too. We totally got this!

The Bear

Also, I think it's safe to say me and Sophia will spam here a lot :P. Don't be afraid to post whatever comes to your mind as well.

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
Hey @Grizzly, does your role PM explicitly say you can't land on anything but properties? Mine doesn't specifically say I can't land on those spaces, just merely that I won't get any cards if I land there. I'm wondering how I should play that..

The Bear

Hey @Grizzly, does your role PM explicitly say you can't land on anything but properties? Mine doesn't specifically say I can't land on those spaces, just merely that I won't get any cards if I land there. I'm wondering how I should play that..

It says pretty explicitly that I will only land in property spaces, and that nobody else can land on the same space as I do. And no range restrictions on my kills, but I don't have any extra commands.

The Bear

So, since we can only do 1 command:

Stuart: Cop
Pat: Block
Grizzly & Sophia: Kill, we need to decide each night who is better suited to do the kills. I think we should start with Sophia, though.

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
Actually; it just occurred to me that Faddy is very likely only going to show the tokens on the board. Players most likely won't know which token is which. So yeah, me doing the kill to start makes a lot of sense while everyone is grouped together.

The Bear

The whole map is 40 squares.

Me: Range for all 40 squares
DCPat: Range of 10, so he has 20 square radius
Stuart: Range of 12, so he has 24 square radius
Sophia: Range of 6, so she has 12 square radius

The Bear

Actually; it just occurred to me that Faddy is very likely only going to show the tokens on the board. Players most likely won't know which token is which. So yeah, me doing the kill to start makes a lot of sense while everyone is grouped together.

I should do the kills during nights when the tokes are really spaced out/also when we need to throw off our trail.

The Bear

@Faddy If you end up in jail, does that block you from doing night actions the same night you end up in jail, or the next night?

The Bear

Stuart has a pretty good radius of covering over 50% of the gameboard at all times. Pat covers exactly 50% too. Only Sophia has a quite limited range.

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
Recap:

Sophia: T-Rex piece. A Short-Armed Goon. Range of six spaces for kill. Can remove the range kill restriction once per game, can't get chance and community cards.
Stuart: Horse and Rider piece. An alignment cop. Range of 12 spaces for kill and power. Can investigate player name + alignment, but not role. No limitations on where he can land.
Grizzly: Wheelbarrow piece. Chairman. Unlimited range for kill. Can only land on property spaces, but nobody else can land on the same space.
DCPat: ??? piece. Roleblocker. Range of 10 spaces for kill (?) and power.

The Bear

The problem with using Sophia as night killer is that we won't know if our target is within her radius. So until players start to claim tokens, it will always carry a high risk.

Stuart, your cop power doesen't reveal players tokens?

The Bear

Using Sophia for NK's will have a large disadvantage for us unless we obtain information on who is who.

The problem with using Sophia as night killer is that we won't know if our target is within her radius. So until players start to claim tokens, it will always carry a high risk.

Stuart, your cop power doesen't reveal players tokens?

My power allows me to check a Token and it reveals the alignment and the player behind the token.

The Bear

Ok, that makes more sense. So we can start to connect players with tokens. That will make creating an alibi for stuart slightly more difficult.

Ok, I've read the specific rules and my role Pm again and I'm a bit unsure.

I'm the guard dog, meaning I can block tokens from doing night actions if they enter of leave the space.

So I'm wondering if this space is the specific space I'm on or if it's the 20 space radius around me.

Also we gotta watch out. I can also block you guys.

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
Okay, so that's a bit more random. I imagine it's probably only the space you occupy, or else it'd be insanely powerful due to blocking multiple players at once on Day/Night 2. You might want to ask Faddy for clarification.

Does it specify only night actions? Or do you potentially block any day actions too?

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
Ok, I've read the specific rules and my role Pm again and I'm a bit unsure.

I'm the guard dog, meaning I can block tokens from doing night actions if they enter of leave the space.

So I'm wondering if this space is the specific space I'm on or if it's the 20 space radius around me.

Also we gotta watch out. I can also block you guys.

You only block on the space you submit in the command.

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
Sweet. So it's super powerful. :D

For reference:
  • Sophia: T-Rex piece. A Short-Armed Goon. Range of six spaces for kill. Can remove the range kill restriction once per game, can't get chance and community cards.
  • Stuart: Horse and Rider piece. A token alignment cop. Range of 12 spaces for kill (?) and power. Can investigate a token and determine the player and alignment of the token. No limitations on where he can land.
  • Grizzly: Wheelbarrow piece. Chairman. Unlimited range for kill. Can only land on property spaces, but nobody else can land on the same space.
  • DCPat: Guard Dog piece. Roleblocker. Range of 10 spaces for kill or power. No limitations on where he can land.

So we should probably work on some fake claims. Here's some of my thoughts here:
  • Stuart can probably get away with claiming token alignment cop as is. The only thing that would make anyone question him is either being counter-claimed, or giving questionable/fake results. As Grizzly noted, the later can be gotten around by simply claiming to be x-shot, and only sharing favorable (to town's POV) results.
  • For DCPat, Roleblocker has been seen as both a town and a mafia role, but it's usually mafia aligned. I'm not sure what would be the best claim option here if Pat has to claim. Maybe a weaker roleblocker or something that seems townie?
  • Me and Grizzly have the biggest issue. Both of our powers are directly related to the killing abilities we have, and each of us has a drawback we can't easily explain away should we get asked about it. Early game this isn't going to be much of an issue because our tokens will be hidden, but the moment a mass claim happens we might be in trouble. Best case scenario is that I never land on chance/community cards, and nobody picks up on the fact that Grizzly can't land on property spaces.

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
  • Me and Grizzly have the biggest issue. Both of our powers are directly related to the killing abilities we have, and each of us has a drawback we can't easily explain away should we get asked about it. Early game this isn't going to be much of an issue because our tokens will be hidden, but the moment a mass claim happens we might be in trouble. Best case scenario is that I never land on chance/community cards, and nobody picks up on the fact that Grizzly can't land on property spaces.

*can't land on anything BUT property spaces.

*can't land on anything BUT property spaces.

With the way Monopoly and dice rolls work. it's probably easy for people not to realize that since there is a good chance of landing on property spaces each turn anyway. I don't see people noticing that or at least thinking it's a big issue.

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
With the way Monopoly and dice rolls work. it's probably easy for people not to realize that since there is a good chance of landing on property spaces each turn anyway. I don't see people noticing that or at least thinking it's a big issue.

Depends on who makes it to endgame. I could totally see Royal taking notes on which piece is where and noticing patterns.

Top Bottom