Game Thread Marvel Heroes Mafia - Half of You Will Enjoy This

Okay, before I go, someone give me one logical reason that Faddy or I am mafia because we're doing the thing we said long before we got role PMs. I'll wait.

Voting no lynch is dumb, sure; usually it's about the worst choice, but if it's not tied to a gambit or done to prevent or throw off suspicion, there's little scum motivation there, but it's sure a good way for mafia to try to mount a mislynch, so like...

stringing Faddy up over this is dumb, let shit play out, see what happens, be good, have fun, monkey out for a while

p.s. Stan, I figured I might as well go with the baddest bitch in the land.

Because I never trust this strategy, which is why I always vote for the 1st No Kill voter every game because I believe it's either a pure Scum move, or because I am Scum & don't want to arouse suspicion. I'll probably change my vote when something more compelling comes about. I'm surprised & maybe, like 5% suspicious someone actually jumped onto my vote this early. So you 2 & Terraforce are my only suspicions at this juncture.

I'm close to fully role claiming which makes me realize I'm playing damn stupid probably but this is only my second time as town, and I'm better with scum gameplay to be honest. With scum I know what I'm suppoused to keep to my team or not, here I don't...

Also first time as town with PR, so sorry to jump the gun, but there's plently of surpises left to make me confident it's better to share.
I hate how you're convincing me a little here :/ I can totally relate to making well-meaning overeager decision as town pr. I'll keep an open mind. Still boggles me a bit that you outed yourself as a pr d1 just so you could tell us some vague bits about items.

If enough of us did it, they'd have to, but they'd still try to kill someone at night like assholes, so it gives them control. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT??

I'M WITH FADDY, FUCK THE POLICE, LYNCH ME IF YOU WANT TO

vote: No Lynch

Faddy and I have teamed up to defeat Sorian before. We can do it again, and we can start by making sure as many people as possible are here to enjoy d2.
Yeah, giving mafia a free kill and town a free pass to be lazy are really bad ideas but I'd also really hate to be the guy who died D1 and missed the action. I'll stay pro-lynch for now.

Also my avvie isn't Marvel but it is from a comic so close enough yeah : (

rainquirlz.gif

Day 1 lynch discussions... They always end the same. A body in the gutter.

That said, I sense little reason to throw Faddy under the bus at this point, the night day is young. Let him speak more before we decide what to do.

Yeah, giving mafia a free kill and town a free pass to be lazy are really bad ideas but I'd also really hate to be the guy who died D1 and missed the action. I'll stay pro-lynch for now.

Also my avvie isn't Marvel but it is from a comic so close enough yeah : (
This kinda hits my sentiments on the head. Even beyond the obvious benefits of a lynch, on principle I hate the idea of trying to push for it so hard this early into the day. Sets a precedent that gives players more time to slack off or coast through the first day. Getting too comfortable always bites town in the rear. I'd rather take my chances and get some answers from a lynch than do nothing in a game like this. I don't even see much benefit in a game of this magnitude to begin with.

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
I'm still thinking that Coolest is just doing a gambit, but I'm not sure we can make much more progress on this until we have more info or Coolest talks some more.

Also, maybe a dumb question but I'm not understanding why scum wouldn't support a no lynch? And how would they get in the way?
Who said scum wouldn’t support a no lynch? I think the issue is more it gives them one less chance of being lynched so it generally benefits them outside of mylo.
By day 3 we may all wish we'd been that first lynch.

But I dunno. Normally I'd be super anti no lynch but I'm feeling pretty chill and here I say WHY NOT (unless someone pulls heinous bullshit)

Also, sidenote (and last post for a while) - I'm still playing in That Other Game I Cannot Talk About and I have deadlines this week so may be a little less present than normal this phase, which I'm sure will help with overall postcount, lol.
Of all the people that I would expect to be reasonable about this. You’re typically pretty focused on actual results and looking at voting patterns is about as good as it gets. Surprised you’re so willing to throw a day of evidence away.
nomad dont shitpost, the amount of people/posts in this game will make it fly way the fuck past being funny and just come out as a dick move.
you can still post nonsense but just try to pair it with something even slightly significant.

I am against no lynching primarily on the principle that it is boring, also unproductive and give scum to much breathing room and encourages lethargic behavior in town, but primarily because its boring.

monkey that is a wonderful choice in avatar.
You do realize you’re talking to nomad right?
I don’t want to table the lynch/no lynch discussion because it’s obviosuly more pressing today (#pro-lynch), but looking forward a bit, I’d like to ask what we think about the day vig mechanic. Optimal usage? Should we use it at all? @Nomad Sparkster mentioned keeping track of who defended scum. Would we want to focus shots on lists of prospective suspects, or are we going to fire willy nilly?
Vapid mechanics discussion, not a great impression. It is D1, but still. Also, people will clearly use them that’s just a pointless question.
Okay, before I go, someone give me one logical reason that Faddy or I am mafia because we're doing the thing we said long before we got role PMs. I'll wait.

Voting no lynch is dumb, sure; usually it's about the worst choice, but if it's not tied to a gambit or done to prevent or throw off suspicion, there's little scum motivation there, but it's sure a good way for mafia to try to mount a mislynch, so like...

stringing Faddy up over this is dumb, let shit play out, see what happens, be good, have fun, monkey out for a while

p.s. Stan, I figured I might as well go with the baddest bitch in the land.
I didn’t realize statements made before the game that most would assume are jokes are suddenly hard stances. That being said I’m not particularly convinced scum Faddy would make such a move considering I know he’s smart enough to realize what the reaction will be.

I think it's easily justifiable to Vote No Lynch in this specific game. Think of it as a scum tell if you want but I think of it as wanting everyone to be there during the first in thread stuff that Sorian has planned.

Though I know that the flaw with that line of thinking is Mafia is likely to target someone during night but I still think it'd be nice for everyone to start the real battle D2 when shenanigans start

If we were to lynch someone though, it'll be a hard decision. 50 players and all. Not even sure where I'd place my vote, it'd probably be random unless we see an obvious indefensible scumtell or something like that.

(almost tempted to read over HvV due some of the mentions about it in here lol)

Who said scum wouldn’t support a no lynch? I think the issue is more it gives them one less chance of being lynched so it generally benefits them outside of mylo.
Was in response to this:
I would like to be on the side of good with Faddy and vote no lynch but yeah, mafia probably wouldn't play along because they are dongs
No experience as mafia, but I think a team could steer a mislynch pretty easily and without a lot of detection d1 since there's so little for people to go off of. I could see a team going either way on wanting a lynch d1 depending on confidence and experience maybe. I'm mostly in for lynching because I want voting data to talk about and for people to scumhunt.

Also I'm not reading Monkey or Faddy either way on voting no lynch. I can see the emotional appeal in keeping one more person around for d2 even if I don't agree.

I think it's easily justifiable to Vote No Lynch in this specific game. Think of it as a scum tell if you want but I think of it as wanting everyone to be there during the first in thread stuff that Sorian has planned.

Though I know that the flaw with that line of thinking is Mafia is likely to target someone during night but I still think it'd be nice for everyone to start the real battle D2 when shenanigans start

If we were to lynch someone though, it'll be a hard decision. 50 players and all. Not even sure where I'd place my vote, it'd probably be random unless we see an obvious indefensible scumtell or something like that.

I mean, it is courteous to the other players, but it's not conducive to the game to just give Scum a free kill.

Ok, so right now, we're discussing whether or not to have a lynch right? Because I think that lynching is an integral part of the game. If we don't lynch someone, we'll just be sitting ducks. People who want no lynches are wasting our time.

Verelios

Were-elios
If enough of us did it, they'd have to, but they'd still try to kill someone at night like assholes, so it gives them control. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT??

I'M WITH FADDY, FUCK THE POLICE, LYNCH ME IF YOU WANT TO

vote: No Lynch

Faddy and I have teamed up to defeat Sorian before. We can do it again, and we can start by making sure as many people as possible are here to enjoy d2.
No.

Vote: heymonkey
I don't like how hyperactive you're being. Smells like a coverup.

The idea of 2 day 1's sounds painful to me. There's no vote history, no conversations to read, its just another day of vague conversations to get your post obligations in and some prodding. With 50 players, the quicker we can start trimming down the field the better. I appreciate the sentiment some have but at the end of the day, this is the game and if someone gets lynched, they'll have the spectators thread to move onto if they want to stay involved.

It's a pretty bad excuse imo to justify a no lynch by essentially saying "they'll miss out on the fun." If someone isn't here during the entirety of day one, that's on them as with any other game. Especially when, like you said, mafia will kill at least one person anyway. Seems silly following such counter intuitive logic as a baseline.

And lynching someone probably isn't going to become too much easier tomorrow as it's going to be today. Also good luck if you do read HvV. Pretty sure that's the longest MafiEra game by a long shot (still behind the longest game I participated in though).

Verelios

Were-elios

I personally don't see advocating no lynch as a scum move. I see it as a garbage move though, and I'll vote you to light a fire under your ass. All no lynch does is wait for NK data to come in so we can start making predictions on that. I'd rather just get down to the dirty deed.

We may fall, but we'll do that together too.

I'm gonna read up on some posts and give thoughts, but focusing on no lynch so early when day just started is a dumbass discussion

I mean, it is courteous to the other players, but it's not conducive to the game to just give Scum a free kill.

Yeah, pretty much why I'm more hesitant on it now because Scum aren't likely to be as courteous and would kill at night.

I blame Sorian for not doing anything crazy D1 :P but I'll drop the no lynch discussion now

its just another day of vague conversations to get your post obligations in

9. ***Activity will not be measured in this game. Due to the nature of the game, it will be up to the player's to moderate activity.

Well there isn't as much of an obligation outside of lack of posts by some players being brought up later on in the game :P.

Yeah, pretty much why I'm more hesitant on it now because Scum aren't likely to be as courteous and would kill at night.

I blame Sorian for not doing anything crazy D1 :P but I'll drop the no lynch discussion now

Well there isn't as much of an obligation outside of lack of posts by some players being brought up later on in the game :P.

And i'm off to actually read the rules!

oreomunsta

Crumbles under pressure *for now*
The true hero shows up on the scene! It's oreo, dressed as the almighty Android!!

No lynch on D1 is still a stupid idea to me. Why give scum such an uncontested first kill?

Also, while I do find Cool's opening move weird, I don't think that makes him a good lynch target. If it's Marvel, there's no way a Deadpool character wasn't thought up of, and I could see a Deadpool-esque role act in a miller role, and desire to be lynched quickly.

No.

Vote: heymonkey
I don't like how hyperactive you're being. Smells like a coverup.

I've gone down this rabbit hole with monkey before, and it didn't end up good for town since she acted shady, but was still a gooder. To lynch a monkey, or not lynch a monkey? She's playing as I've seen her play town before, but she caused a lot of wifom grief for town in the late game.

I'd like to lynch someone who seems like they're playing it safe, but it's hard to say who until later in the day

Kawl

Owner of the Gun Show
although clarification on how new stuart is might help shift that to him, they both look bad in my eyes, but i'm giving monkey less of the benefit b/c come on

Kawl

Owner of the Gun Show
is apollo grabbing the low hanging helpful fruit of day vig mechanic make people like him more or less? i know i've got my opinion but whats yours

Natiko

Was in response to this:

No experience as mafia, but I think a team could steer a mislynch pretty easily and without a lot of detection d1 since there's so little for people to go off of. I could see a team going either way on wanting a lynch d1 depending on confidence and experience maybe. I'm mostly in for lynching because I want voting data to talk about and for people to scumhunt.

Also I'm not reading Monkey or Faddy either way on voting no lynch. I can see the emotional appeal in keeping one more person around for d2 even if I don't agree.
I’m pretty sure she meant that scum won’t sit idly by during the night, not that scum would be against a no lynch.

is apollo grabbing the low hanging helpful fruit of day vig mechanic make people like him more or less? i know i've got my opinion but whats yours
A little less for me.

I’m pretty sure she meant that scum won’t sit idly by during the night, not that scum would be against a no lynch.
Oh, duh. Got confused because the surrounding text was about votes, sorry.

Kawl

Owner of the Gun Show
Also, can someone give me a general run down on whether our general town play has managed to pull its collective head out of it's asses? i've been absent since the migration...but things were dire for quite some time before that

Kawl

Owner of the Gun Show
no i mean the vote on monkey, like every game she gets suspected for some form of excessively active play.
so if monkey were to hypothetically flip scum, that make yall think stan is more or equally likely to be scum as he was at the start of the day?

Apollo

Apollo will wreck your goddamn face
Depends on a lot of variables. In a game of this size it's harder to judge. Probably just whoever you suspect the most given enough people you trust give their takes. At the end of the day it's your shot to use as you see fit.
Vapid mechanics discussion, not a great impression. It is D1, but still. Also, people will clearly use them that’s just a pointless question.

Okay, let’s assume a decent number of people will take shots. What would the two of you consider to be a valid reason to do so? And anybody else is welcome to answer this as well. It’s an important game mechanic and I think it’s a very good idea to get a baseline for how people feel about it to use as reference moving forward. We’ve got a day before we have to worry about actually using it, I see no reason why we wouldn’t take the time to discuss it.

Personally I think that if you’ve got a good argument for why you’d want to take a shot on somebody, I can at least understand why you might do so, particularly early in the game when we’re low on info and high on players. I think that, considering the success rate of the shot is low, it’s a strong albeit risky way to actually apply pressure on somebody (as opposed to a throwaway “pressure vote” that I’ve become so accustomed to seeing).

Less here tbh.

I mean it seems to be the critical mechanic of this game (outside of the random events we’ve yet to see). It may be a low hanging fruit but it looks fresh heck to me.

Well, what happened then? Was there any progress?
There can be. If I ever played a game with a day one nl it escapes me, but I hosted one once. If the number of players is even, it can prevent an early lylo (assuming scum doesn't have an additional kill). That or specific game meta/games with a gimmick are the only times I've seen nl as being more viable than a regular lynch.
But in a game of this size I see no point in even considering it.

Xbro

Bags his own tea
Alternatively, I've seen a game where there was a no lynch on day 1, then there was no information whatsoever, then there was a no lynch day 2, then day 3. I doubt it would ever get that far with this community though.

Also, can someone give me a general run down on whether our general town play has managed to pull its collective head out of it's asses? i've been absent since the migration...but things were dire for quite some time before that
You should read HvV sometime. One of the better examples I've read this season of town coming together. Though tbf that game was borderline bastard lol

Alternatively, I've seen a game where there was a no lynch on day 1, then there was no information whatsoever, then there was a no lynch day 2, then day 3. I doubt it would ever get that far with this community though.
Wait wtf. Good God that sounds horrible. Imagine seriously playing through day 3 and intentionally not lynching a soul. Poor town in that game. Must have been filled with complete novices for that to go on for so long.

Kawl

Owner of the Gun Show
You should read HvV sometime. One of the better examples I've read this season of town coming together. Though tbf that game was borderline bastard lol
I’m asking for a summary at large of the community. I’m barely going to be able to keep up with this game...

oreomunsta

Crumbles under pressure *for now*
Talking about some sort of meta town isn't gonna go anywhere, lol. This is an entirely different kind of game from the get go. It's not the new mechanics that make me say that, it's the number of people.

Worrying about how town used to be isn't going to help when things ramp up and there's too much to follow or track.

melonrabbit

The only good kind of melon
Hi everyone :)

This is my first game. Please be nice to this adorable one. I am shy.

tenor.gif

I see the "no lynch" vote has created controversy quite quickly. I am always for lynching someone.

Example A:

Vote: Splinter

Vote: no lynch

The only reason I chose no lynch is because it's the first day, we don't know anything about anyone, I understand those who think we should lynch someone since we're 50 and it'll take forever if we don't do so but still.

melonrabbit

So it seems that items are in play, from what I can gather, that when gathered can control the game in a way that's like a mafia verison of the gantlet itself. May be some wild guessing but that's the implication I'm getting from this.

So...um...I'm sharing this so our team has a fighting chance but do with this info as you will. Hopefully we can warrock this thing up.

Interesting that you felt such urgency to post this a minute after we started. Would this have been better kept loki for the time being? Maeby.

WB!

and you already know the answer to this.

so if monkey were to hypothetically flip scum, that make yall think stan is more or equally likely to be scum as he was at the start of the day?

Stan is always max scummy on d1. Just his nature.

The Stan/Monkey connect seem abrupt but less fabricated than the the Faddy/Monkey.

But there are too many people who wouldn't even consider, though we could all be like this, waiting for d2:
gallery-1471953362-captain-america-civil-war-lineup.gif

brings a tear to the eye

Dare to dream, darling.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member

The only reason I chose no lynch is because it's the first day, we don't know anything about anyone, I understand those who think we should lynch someone since we're 50 and it'll take forever if we don't do so but still.
Oh, honey, you're new so you I guess don't realize how much people hate this here, despite all the hatred already voiced in the thread. Do yourself a favor; just hold off voting until you have a suspect. I don't mean this in a belittling way - i'm serious. There are people voting us for following up on something we said long before the game started to keep everyone in until the events begin day 2, so if you legit mean this, people will use it as a reason to come for you.

It's a very unpopular position in this meta, and for fair reason. I doubt any of us will really end up staying here by EoD but... anyway, just some monkey's advice.

I see all y'all others swanning around throwing votes and stuff. Will answer all that later.

By that logic are you always against a day 1 lynch 100% of the time? Because otherwise I don't see your point. You can't get info if you don't care to look for it.

Day one NL are rarely ever the optimal route to take, but I'd argue even more so in a game like this.
Vote: Ferg

Natiko

Pretty sure town has been winning more as of late, but I’m not sure I’d say our town game has vastly improved or anything.
Maybe slightly more likely to be scum but it wouldn’t tip the scale all that much.
Okay, let’s assume a decent number of people will take shots. What would the two of you consider to be a valid reason to do so? And anybody else is welcome to answer this as well. It’s an important game mechanic and I think it’s a very good idea to get a baseline for how people feel about it to use as reference moving forward. We’ve got a day before we have to worry about actually using it, I see no reason why we wouldn’t take the time to discuss it.

Personally I think that if you’ve got a good argument for why you’d want to take a shot on somebody, I can at least understand why you might do so, particularly early in the game when we’re low on info and high on players. I think that, considering the success rate of the shot is low, it’s a strong albeit risky way to actually apply pressure on somebody (as opposed to a throwaway “pressure vote” that I’ve become so accustomed to seeing).

I mean it seems to be the critical mechanic of this game (outside of the random events we’ve yet to see). It may be a low hanging fruit but it looks fresh heck to me.
Personally I would take a shot at either a top scum read or players that are participating so little it’ll be impossible to get a good peg on their alignment - so essentially the same reason I’d vote someone. Depending on how voting is going there’s also potential that I would take a shot at a vote leader or someone that got second in voting the day before to remove some unknowns, but I’d have to suspect them of being scum.

Oh, honey, you're new so you I guess don't realize how much people hate this here, despite all the hatred already voiced in the thread. Do yourself a favor; just hold off voting until you have a suspect. I don't mean this in a belittling way - i'm serious. There are people voting us for following up on something we said long before the game started to keep everyone in until the events begin day 2, so if you legit mean this, people will use it as a reason to come for you.

It's a very unpopular position in this meta, and for fair reason. I doubt any of us will really end up staying here by EoD but... anyway, just some monkey's advice.

I see all y'all others swanning around throwing votes and stuff. Will answer all that later.
Pro tip: Noob coaching works better in the your actual scum chat

Stantastic

Our Badminton Stanpion
oh yeah sure, next time ill just let yall make the same mistake iv seen so many times before.
The towniest play.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
It's a pretty bad excuse imo to justify a no lynch by essentially saying "they'll miss out on the fun." If someone isn't here during the entirety of day one, that's on them as with any other game. Especially when, like you said, mafia will kill at least one person anyway. Seems silly following such counter intuitive logic as a baseline.
so like
the whole genesis of the joke-plan-kindness-whatever
was that the events don't start until day 2
so activity has nothing to do with it

no one should read that, jfc, I had 1200 posts by myself

melonrabbit

By that logic are you always against a day 1 lynch 100% of the time? Because otherwise I don't see your point. You can't get info if you don't care to look for it.

Day one NL are rarely ever the optimal route to take, but I'd argue even more so in a game like this.

Seems a little extreme to vote for a newbie getting their feet wet amongst the meta and hatedom of the mere mentioning of no lynches on D1.

@Ferg In your own words, what do you think are the cons to lynching day 1 in a game like this? And do you think those cons outweighs the pros (as in pros for NL) in that scenario?

Natiko

so like

Are we sure events won’t? I read it as ITAs.

Also, it was great. Read it but maybe not now and maybe skim outside of events and day starts/ends lol

Seems a little extreme to vote for a newbie getting their feet wet amongst the meta and hatedom of the mere mentioning of no lynches on D1.
I didn't look at the player list too closely so I have no clue who is new and who isn't (which fool tricked the new player(s) into making Sorian's crazy game their first lol). Other than the people I recognize obviously. But I'll keep my vote where it is to gauge the response.

so like

And what of the person/people who die tonight anyway? In a game this size I fully expect ~3 deaths minimum.

Stantastic

Our Badminton Stanpion
So you believe that Monkey is veteran scum helping out poor "misguided" newbie scum?

Are you town?
I need to know Stan. I need to trust you.
i would say yes, but im sure someone will find some reason to turn that against me.

oh yeah they will find a reason anyway.
yes i am town.

Even though in my heart I want to vote no lynch day 1, I hit scum last time and now crave the gambling rush.

On ITAs: I worry that tit-for-tat votes may evolve into revenge vig shots? I’m also personally curious if there are modifiers to the 15% chance somewhere or if it’s just meant as a low chance death roulette.

melonrabbit

I'm of the opinion that ITA =/= events and therefore we can speculate nothing upon an event befalls us.

i would say yes, but im sure someone will find some reason to turn that against me.

oh yeah they will find a reason anyway.
yes i am town.

Knew I could count on you. Thank you, Stanley.

Talking about some sort of meta town isn't gonna go anywhere, lol. This is an entirely different kind of game from the get go. It's not the new mechanics that make me say that, it's the number of people.

Worrying about how town used to be isn't going to help when things ramp up and there's too much to follow or track.

A good point; the numbers game alone will keep us on our toes...

We're missing someone. Need to try to bait him out.

VOTE: Blargonaut

Stantastic

Our Badminton Stanpion
And too monkeys idea of not lynching because the important stuff will be happening post day 2, i would say that thats pretty short sighted, as seeing how people act today will be important.
Sure anybodies behavior today wont make for any kinda of surefire lynch today (unless we get stupid lucky), but i still think its important to get something out of people today as a point of contrast for later reads, and if there isnt even the threat of a lynch today we wont get anything at all.
Seeing how people act under duress will be a lot more fruitful if we have an idea for how they were acting before than.

melonrabbit

I didn't look at the player list too closely so I have no clue who is new and who isn't (which fool tricked the new player(s) into making Sorian's crazy game their first lol). Other than the people I recognize obviously. But I'll keep my vote where it is to gauge the response.

And what of the person/people who die tonight anyway? In a game this size I fully expect ~3 deaths minimum.

If you had no insight to Ferg's newbie status than why the snark about Monkey coaching him?

Also, you never answered my question: Do you honestly think their is a possibility that she is coaching him and putting up an act to appear townley?

Seems like you're spinning your wheels by picking an easy target.

Ok, all these votes suddenly gunning for Monkey, one of the most vocal Hero players, is suspect. I smell a bandwagon around her following my "Vote To Kill" policy being clear, & I'm not going to have Villains try to make it look like I was on their team when one of them goes under.

VOTE: Kawl

Pro tip: Noob coaching works better in the your actual scum chat

Brutal.

A good point; the numbers game alone will keep us on our toes...

We're missing someone. Need to try to bait him out.

VOTE: Blargonaut

Do we want to unleash this unspeakable evil on ourselves? ... I know I do.

melonrabbit

And too monkeys idea of not lynching because the important stuff will be happening post day 2, i would say that thats pretty short sighted, as seeing how people act today will be important.
Sure anybodies behavior today wont make for any kinda of surefire lynch today (unless we get stupid lucky), but i still think its important to get something out of people today as a point of contrast for later reads, and if there isnt even the threat of a lynch today we wont get anything at all.
Seeing how people act under duress will be a lot more fruitful if we have an idea for how they were acting before than.

It is shortsighted but also delicious in the sense that it will be complete and total anarchy.

So, I'm kind with her on that wanting aspect. But I know logically that it is far far better to gather as much information we can each day (because of the player size and, in general that's smart play) and also because scum doesn't care about our wishes and dreams. And we turn us to dust if we are caught unprepared.

melonrabbit

Ok, all these votes suddenly gunning for Monkey, one of the most vocal Hero players, is suspect. I smell a bandwagon around her following my "Vote To Kill" policy being clear, & I'm not going to have Villains try to make it look like I was on their team when one of them goes under.

VOTE: Kawl

So, uh, why Kawl over anyone else on that bandwagon?

Verelios voted on perkiness.

Verelios

Were-elios

I'm not going to jump on you because it's day 1, and maybe you'll change your mind, but I legitimately want to know what we'll know about other people going into day 2 that we wouldn't know about them at the end of today.

That's why we're talking man, trying to make sense of things. If you hop onto Monkey's no lynch train this thread will just devolve into apathy and sporadic fluff posts until day 2.

Sorian

Neutral Ascetic 1-Shot BP SK Alignment Cop
Staff member
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start
no lynch (3 votes)
faddy - #127
heymonkey - #175
ferg - #246
blargonaut (1 votes)
luxcommander - #264
splinter (1 votes)
melonrabbit - #241
kawl (1 votes)
zubz - #267
include (1 votes)
fireblend - #244
heymonkey (1 votes)
kawl - #219
faddy (0 votes)
zubz - #139 #267
Post Counts:
terraforce: 14 melonrabbit: 12 nomad sparkster: 11 natiko: 11 stuart444: 10 faddy: 10 heymonkey: 10 verelios: 9 coolestspot: 9 zubz: 8 faircure: 7 stanleypalmtree: 7 crimsonfist: 7 kawl: 6 xbro: 3 muffin: 3 fireblend: 3 hom3land: 3 luxcommander: 2 oreomunsta: 2 ezekelrage: 2 sorian: 2 ynnek7: 2 empressdonna: 2 apollo: 2 extreme tactician: 2 dcpat: 1 necktochicken: 1 briefs_cat: 1 mazre: 1 ferg: 1
Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

If the vote tool doesn't like your vote for whatever reason, it's up to you to fix it. I'll always defer to the tool.

If you had no insight to Ferg's newbie status than why the snark about Monkey coaching him?

Also, you never answered my question: Do you honestly think their is a possibility that she is coaching him and putting up an act to appear townley?

Seems like you're spinning your wheels by picking an easy target.
Picking an easy target? The day barely started and you're acting as if my pressure vote can't move or anything. I already said why my vote still stands, and I'm not loosing up just because you don't like it for whatever reason.
You can be coached even if this specific instance isn't your very first game. Monkey's one of the more veteran players, and she was giving another player rudimentary mafia insight so I made a light jab at both of them.

As for the question, what scum player wouldn't want to "appear townley"? Not really understanding the question. With as little that has occurred it's hard to accuse anyone of "acting" right now. I don't have any strong reads on anyone right now, I'm just feeling out other players based on their responses. No I do not think monkey would literally openly coach a scummate so blatantly if that's all you meant. I would hope someone who has played as many games as her would refrain from making those kinds of connections this early.

Stantastic

Our Badminton Stanpion
It is shortsighted but also delicious in the sense that it will be complete and total anarchy.

So, I'm kind with her on that wanting aspect. But I know logically that it is far far better to gather as much information we can each day (because of the player size and, in general that's smart play) and also because scum doesn't care about our wishes and dreams. And we turn us to dust if we are caught unprepared.
oh man you know just how to tempt me dont you?

Natiko

VOTE: Apollo

Are you going to follow up on your question or was it just meant to thinly prop up your initial post as more than fluff mechanic discussion?

Verelios

Were-elios
You could fix it but clearly you don't feel all that strongly about it.
Feel strongly about Monkey being scum? No, I can't tell anything at the moment. Feel that no lynch is a horrible decision? Yes.

Anyway, my point got across fine. Why are you so interested?

VOTE: Apollo

Are you going to follow up on your question or was it just meant to thinly prop up your initial post as more than fluff mechanic discussion?
How new is Apollo? I've seen him in at least two games, so I'm not even sure why he began on this track in the first place. Of all places to start, and with everything else going on, that's where he chooses to start with.

melonrabbit

Picking an easy target? The day barely started and you're acting as if my pressure vote can't move or anything. I already said why my vote still stands, and I'm not loosing up just because you don't like it for whatever reason.
You can be coached even if this specific instance isn't your very first game. Monkey's one of the more veteran players, and she was giving another player rudimentary mafia insight so I made a light jab at both of them.

As for the question, what scum player wouldn't want to "appear townley"? Not really understanding the question. With as little that has occurred it's hard to accuse anyone of "acting" right now. I don't have any strong reads on anyone right now, I'm just feeling out other players based on their responses. No I do not think monkey would literally openly coach a scummate so blatantly if that's all you meant. I would hope someone who has played as many games as her would refrain from making those kinds of connections this early.

I would and do say that, yes, Ferg is an easy target given his inexperience and newness to the players and game (or at least how we play, no idea if he'd played in other games elsewhere) and the fact you're jumping on him for the "no lynch." which I'm not certain that he fully understands the meta behind it all. I never suggested you had to move you're vote: I don't agree with coming out of the gate ready for vote for a newbie. I am really not acting in any which way just asking some simple questions on why you are voting in the manner you've chosen.

I am aware who Monkey is which is why I'm asking you to clarify are you making a light jab or do you see something there?

It is sounding like now, you actually don't. So I return to my original comment on you spinning your wheels to look (somewhat) busy.

Sorian

Neutral Ascetic 1-Shot BP SK Alignment Cop
Staff member
How to cast a vote:

[ highlight]VOTE: <playername>[ /highlight]

No bold, no italics, no memes.

This message brought to you by the mad titan.

Natiko

How new is Apollo? I've seen him in at least two games, so I'm not even sure why he began on this track in the first place. Of all places to start, and with everything else going on, that's where he chooses to start with.
He’s not particularly new at all. I think he’s been around since before me even. He played on the old site. I generally think he’s a really strong player as well which is why I’m surprised at the start this game.
Lol. We all patiently await for his grand entrance.

I would and do say that, yes, Ferg is an easy target given his inexperience and newness to the players and game (or at least how we play, no idea if he'd played in other games elsewhere) and the fact you're jumping on him for the "no lynch." which I'm not certain that he fully understands the meta behind it all. I never suggested you had to move you're vote: I don't agree with coming out of the gate ready for vote for a newbie. I am really not acting in any which way just asking some simple questions on why you are voting in the manner you've chosen.

I am aware who Monkey is which is why I'm asking you to clarify are you making a light jab or do you see something there?

It is sounding like now, you actually don't. So I return to my original comment on you spinning your wheels to look (somewhat) busy.
You're flat out not reading if you think the sole reason for my vote is because he opted for the "no lynch."

Also I literally gave you an answer to that question in my post.
Monkey's one of the more veteran players, and she was giving another player rudimentary mafia insight so I made a light jab at both of them.

No I do not think monkey would literally openly coach a scummate so blatantly if that's all you meant. I would hope someone who has played as many games as her would refrain from making those kinds of connections this early.
And frankly I don't care if you disagree with any of me methodology. I made one joke post while amidst several posts of legitimate thoughts and I'm trying to look busy apparently. Whatever floats your boat I guess, but you may want to check yourself if that's seriously the angle you choose to take.

@Fireblend hi sensei, I'm so happy to finally have a chance to play with you! But you are an enigma to me though so I can't justify trusting just like that, I hope you understand that.

Anyhow, are that many people seriously considering a No lynch? We didn't do it in HvV and it was advertised to be crazier than this game! From my experience (as small as it may be) lynches provides us with valuable information that will help us sooner or later.

I remember in Buffy votes helped me find two scums and I just can't justify not doing it, I'm sorry to cut someone's else fun on d1 but we just can't afford not having informations.

Also I found it funny that Stuart was the one who first mentioned it and yet seems to free surf it as if nothing happened.

Stuart, do you seriously believe that scums aren't gonna take advantage of the no lynch? Like seriously?

Vote: Stuart444

melonrabbit

You're flat out not reading if you think the sole reason for my vote is because he opted for the "no lynch."

Also I literally gave you an answer to that question in my post.

And frankly I don't care if you disagree with any of me methodology. I made one joke post while amidst several posts of legitimate thoughts and I'm trying to look busy apparently. Whatever floats your boat I guess, but you may want to check yourself if that's seriously the angle you choose to take.

Okay? I don't care if you disagree with my disagreeing on your methodology.

Honestly, Ferg is probably safe until you figure out the voting tool.

Also I found it funny that Stuart was the one who first mentioned it and yet seems to free surf it as if nothing happened.

Stuart, do you seriously believe that scums aren't gonna take advantage of the no lynch? Like seriously?

I responded earlier about my reasoning and that I was dropping it for now. I see no reason to say anything else on the matter.

Natiko

Melon and Terra’s spat has just enough indignation in it for me to buy that it’s bare minimum not fabricated between scum.

@Fireblend hi sensei, I'm so happy to finally have a chance to play with you! But you are an enigma to me though so I can't justify trusting just like that, I hope you understand that.

Anyhow, are that many people seriously considering a No lynch? We didn't do it in HvV and it was advertised to be crazier than this game! From my experience (as small as it may be) lynches provides us with valuable information that will help us sooner or later.

I remember in Buffy votes helped me find two scums and I just can't justify not doing it, I'm sorry to cut someone's else fun on d1 but we just can't afford not having informations.

Is Stu the only #teamnolynch player you suspect? Stu mentioned it first but Faddy was the first to actually go through with the vote.

Top Bottom