Game Thread Marvel Heroes Mafia - Half of You Will Enjoy This

Please don't stay in the shadows, that's how scum slip by. Even if youre just backing others and adding a smidget if your own reasoning why, I find it reasonable.

I will stay in the shadows when it's about these kind of stuff. The arguments for lynching have been said and they make sense. Where I will not stay in the shadows obviously is reads and calling out people on bullshit and discussing important stuff. But I won't stuff the thread with more lynch or no-lynch stuff. I've had my say and I'm done.

Sorian

Neutral Ascetic 1-Shot BP SK Alignment Cop
Staff member
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start
blargonaut (2 votes)
luxcommander - #264
gorlak - #349
apollo (2 votes)
natiko - #282
terraforce - #347
splinter (2 votes)
melonrabbit - #241
heymonkey - #338
kyanrute (1 votes)
kyanrute - #365
no lynch (1 votes)
faddy - #127 #384
heymonkey - #175 #338
ferg - #246
lone_prodigy (1 votes)
grizzly - #370
terraforce (1 votes)
faddy - #384
heymonkey (1 votes)
kawl - #219
extreme tactician (1 votes)
swamped - #386
stuart444 (1 votes)
include - #295
kawl (1 votes)
zubz - #267
include (1 votes)
fireblend - #244
ferg (0 votes)
terraforce - #306 #347
faddy (0 votes)
zubz - #139 #267
Post Counts:
melonrabbit: 25 terraforce: 25 stuart444: 21 heymonkey: 21 faddy: 14 natiko: 14 coolestspot: 13 verelios: 12 nomad sparkster: 11 nin1000: 10 stanleypalmtree: 9 zubz: 8 splinter: 7 faircure: 7 crimsonfist: 7 ferg: 7 dcpat: 6 grizzly: 6 kawl: 6 kyanrute: 5 extreme tactician: 5 swamped: 4 sorian: 4 empressdonna: 4 gorlak: 3 xbro: 3 muffin: 3 oreomunsta: 3 fireblend: 3 alexem: 3 hom3land: 3 zippedpinhead: 2 luxcommander: 2 necktochicken: 2 include: 2 ezekelrage: 2 ynnek7: 2 apollo: 2 geno: 1 briefs_cat: 1 mazre: 1 bladesymphony: 1
Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Xbro

Bags his own tea
So I thought I had something on terra, but I forgot what it was by the time I caught up. I'll have to go back and look.

Vere's complete lack of confidence in his vote on monkey was very swiftly swept under the rug. While the vote post itself sounded serious enough, the posts he made following it seemed like shitposts designed to get people off of it.

I find it odd that Stuart is very much in the no lynch camp, but has never put his money where his mouth is and actually placed a vote on it.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
So I thought I had something on terra, but I forgot what it was by the time I caught up. I'll have to go back and look.
I found it odd that if you parse out Terra's posts about no lynch, he seemed to be assuming we would lynch someone with low activity today rather than for scumminess but it's just something to mark down for now as far as I'm concerned.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
To be honest, I've taken a lot of the votes that have been cast so far to be part of tradition rather than anything concrete.

melonrabbit

The only good kind of melon
Vere's complete lack of confidence in his vote on monkey was very swiftly swept under the rug. While the vote post itself sounded serious enough, the posts he made following it seemed like shitposts designed to get people off of it

I did address this with him. He felt I was being nosy. Though, I'm not sure I agree with his vote being that serious. Given Monkey was the second one to immediately and vigorously jump on the no lynch vote I'm pretty sure he was giving her a hard time. Shitpost to shitpost, y'know.

I feel there might be more to the back and forth between her and Stan.

I find it odd that Stuart is very much in the no lynch camp, but has never put his money where his mouth is and actually placed a vote on it.

Read back and you'll find I'm not in that camp anymore :)

Yeah, pretty much why I'm more hesitant on it now because Scum aren't likely to be as courteous and would kill at night.

I blame Sorian for not doing anything crazy D1 :P but I'll drop the no lynch discussion now

Just to save you the trouble of looking for the post.

melonrabbit

Ohh you're right, just double checked the vote count, I swear it felt like more votes.

Hmmm.

I'm not sure how to feel being (wrongly) called out on something you didn't even bother to fact check.

Do I need to go back and look for Grizzly's vote on me or can I just assume it's a tradition at this point?

I'm sure he just missed your wit and insight on D1 events. And, you know, your scummy face.

There can be. If I ever played a game with a day one nl it escapes me, but I hosted one once. If the number of players is even, it can prevent an early lylo (assuming scum doesn't have an additional kill). That or specific game meta/games with a gimmick are the only times I've seen nl as being more viable than a regular lynch.
But in a game of this size I see no point in even considering it.
Terraforce were you in season 1? It is literally the only game where I had a Day 1 no lynch.

as for your other meta votes lylo theorizing, I am reasonably sure that we can't try to game the system at this point. 50 people. and it looks like after today there will be during the day actions that I'm betting will hurt...

This game has promised everything, but unless after our death we get taken to an ethereal plane for secret wars in the after life (similar to that vacation spot with the volcano) I think we just have the one life.

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
because if its just you defending yourself then its the exact same history i was talking about happening again, where people suspect you for over-activity, you thoroughly defend yourself, and they then suspect you for defending yourself to much, i hope the a more impartial voice can cut of this stupid argument before i see it happen for the 5th time.

this isnt much of a defense of you, you could very well still be scum, just suspecting you for excessive participation has proven itself a terrible idea so many times now that i dont want town to do it again.

but yeah god forbid i try to talk town out of its stupid ideas.
How many times has Monkey actually been lynched as town? I feel like she may be talked about as a potential lynch, but that she doesn't actually get lynched that often. Seems like you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Why? What reaction would you expect from that? I'd expect some misguided shade, some pointless early votes, and ultimately nothing. He's not in any real danger of being lynched for it.

It's an easy, safe play to make. NAI but more convenient if he's scum, so I disagree completely.
Because it's the type of thing that can easily lead to narrative building. I feel like most people that start out pushing this angle generally end up getting lynched down the road, but I don't have actual data to back that up so maybe my impression is faulty. Either way, what's the motivation for pushing for no lynch as scum? How would it be convenient for him?
After PR, I think appearing defensive just may be how Stuart comes across but we'll see, I guess.
Gotta love those wishy washy stances "they're probably town unless they aren't". Can't say that it's particularly out of the norm for you, but it still pings my radar.
My god, random.org, has decreed that the player with the number

is a evil person of evilness and must die!

oh, cool

I promise I did not rig this.

VOTE: Kyanrute
Come on now, that's just pointless. If you're going to random vote (which at this point we're far enough in that it already seems unnecessary) then it should at least be to put pressure on someone. Even if you aren't faking the result and wanted a good laugh you should have followed it up with something more meaningful at this point.
Hey I don’t always roll mafia. Straight town for the first five seasons!

Yeah with 50 people do we have enough information to lynch day 1?
I know you followed this up already, but D1 is D1 and it will almost always be a bit of a dice roll, but you take that dice roll regardless of player count.
My team is the kool kidz team.
Bit of a weird deflect/shitpost.
I will stay in the shadows when it's about these kind of stuff. The arguments for lynching have been said and they make sense. Where I will not stay in the shadows obviously is reads and calling out people on bullshit and discussing important stuff. But I won't stuff the thread with more lynch or no-lynch stuff. I've had my say and I'm done.
Then how about you get on with discussing the more important stuff instead of discussing how you won't be discussing a no lynch.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
This game has promised everything, but unless after our death we get taken to an ethereal plane for secret wars in the after life (similar to that vacation spot with the volcano) I think we just have the one life.
If that turns out to be what's happening, it had better be called The Dark World.

I don't agree with the no lynch policy. D2 will just be a repeat of D1 and we'll go in circle. Plus considering power roles, who knows who could kill who at night.

Apollo

Apollo will wreck your goddamn face
VOTE: Apollo

Are you going to follow up on your question or was it just meant to thinly prop up your initial post as more than fluff mechanic discussion?

It was late for me so I went to bed, sorry.

Anyways, like I said I want to establish a baseline for how people feel about the mechanic, considering that it lets us publicly and unilaterally decide to lynch somebody. It’s not really something I can “follow up” on as it were, especially with how few people actually seem interested in sharing thoughts on the mechanic. That being said, I still fail to see how qualifies as fluff considering that the mechanic is core enough to the game to have its own section in the rules, with clearly defined rules as to how it works. It’s not like, say, Monopoly mafia and speculating on how the board and pieces function D1 with nothing to go on. And it’s 100% more interesting to me than the lynch vs no lynch discussion that’s dominated so much of today.

I’m at work now but I expect to be able to check in pretty frequently today. I’ve gone through the thread this morning and I can at least start by sharing my initial thoughts on various topics of interest.

CoolestSpot’s vagueish claim: I think the only game I’ve played with Coolest was Berserk, and in that game I was made painfully aware of how bold he can be with claims- even if they aren’t true. That’s not saying I’m immediately chalking this up to being BS but at the very least I know that if anybody is bold enough to fakeclaim in the game’s opening post, it’s Coolest. I do at least like his insistence on the phrasing “powers beyond roles” in regards to his role as I think that plays well with the speculative nature of his opening post.

Lynch vs No Lynch: lynch (hom3land’s post #212 aligns very close to my own thoughts if you want more details)

Lynch vs No Lynch but the part where heymonkey and Faddy wanted to no lynch even before the game started: If they wanted to no lynch since before roles went out, then this is, at worst NAI. If either/both happened to roll scum then perhaps the motivation may have changed at some point, but yeah.

we’ve got multiple pages of posts at this point, not really seeing an rng vote as a smart choice here. I’m gonna at least hope you’ve got thoughts to share.

vote: Gorlak

For really bad opinions.
Black Panther? It's the one movie I haven't seen. But the general opinion outside of hypetown seems to be it really is one of the most boring marvel movies. Also I didn't like his appearance in Civil War. Meh. Gotta deal with what you get.

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
Black Panther? It's the one movie I haven't seen. But the general opinion outside of hypetown seems to be it really is one of the most boring marvel movies. Also I didn't like his appearance in Civil War. Meh. Gotta deal with what you get.

There are non-boring Marvel movies?

Natiko

It was late for me so I went to bed, sorry.

Anyways, like I said I want to establish a baseline for how people feel about the mechanic, considering that it lets us publicly and unilaterally decide to lynch somebody. It’s not really something I can “follow up” on as it were, especially with how few people actually seem interested in sharing thoughts on the mechanic. That being said, I still fail to see how qualifies as fluff considering that the mechanic is core enough to the game to have its own section in the rules, with clearly defined rules as to how it works. It’s not like, say, Monopoly mafia and speculating on how the board and pieces function D1 with nothing to go on. And it’s 100% more interesting to me than the lynch vs no lynch discussion that’s dominated so much of today.

I’m at work now but I expect to be able to check in pretty frequently today. I’ve gone through the thread this morning and I can at least start by sharing my initial thoughts on various topics of interest.

CoolestSpot’s vagueish claim: I think the only game I’ve played with Coolest was Berserk, and in that game I was made painfully aware of how bold he can be with claims- even if they aren’t true. That’s not saying I’m immediately chalking this up to being BS but at the very least I know that if anybody is bold enough to fakeclaim in the game’s opening post, it’s Coolest. I do at least like his insistence on the phrasing “powers beyond roles” in regards to his role as I think that plays well with the speculative nature of his opening post.

Lynch vs No Lynch: lynch (hom3land’s post #212 aligns very close to my own thoughts if you want more details)

Lynch vs No Lynch but the part where heymonkey and Faddy wanted to no lynch even before the game started: If they wanted to no lynch since before roles went out, then this is, at worst NAI. If either/both happened to roll scum then perhaps the motivation may have changed at some point, but yeah.

we’ve got multiple pages of posts at this point, not really seeing an rng vote as a smart choice here. I’m gonna at least hope you’ve got thoughts to share.
Didn't mean to pin you down while you were away from the game, apologies.

As to the actual point though, to me the issue is that I'm not seeing what the goal would be in pushing this line of discussion. It's fine to say you want a baseline to gauge against; however, when the ITA mechanic kicks in I think it will likely be made pretty obvious by anyone firing a shot what their intention is and why. If someone doesn't make a strong enough case for it then that's on them and they'll be held accountable. It's the same as a vote. Don't justify your votes? Eventually that will wash back on you in a poor light.

Apollo

Apollo will wreck your goddamn face
Didn't mean to pin you down while you were away from the game, apologies.

As to the actual point though, to me the issue is that I'm not seeing what the goal would be in pushing this line of discussion. It's fine to say you want a baseline to gauge against; however, when the ITA mechanic kicks in I think it will likely be made pretty obvious by anyone firing a shot what their intention is and why. If someone doesn't make a strong enough case for it then that's on them and they'll be held accountable. It's the same as a vote. Don't justify your votes? Eventually that will wash back on you in a poor light.

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, but I still feel like getting perspectives could be useful in the future. From my POV it’s a chance to get more info out of D1 than usual. Maybe that info will be useful, maybe it will not be useful. But all the same I’ll take whatever I can get from a game so large.

This post bothers me.
Same. Went back to dig up where he first switched from nl to lynch and it kinda reads to me as more dropping it to avoid attention/suspicion rather than being truly convinced that a lynch is the best option going forward? It all feels a little weird to me, I dunno. I feel better about those who have stuck to nl and put up some defense than his abrupt dropping of the topic when people starting going against it.
Yeah, pretty much why I'm more hesitant on it now because Scum aren't likely to be as courteous and would kill at night.

I blame Sorian for not doing anything crazy D1 :P but I'll drop the no lynch discussion now
Here are his other later relevant posts too:
I responded earlier about my reasoning and that I was dropping it for now. I see no reason to say anything else on the matter.

I doubt we'll have much to go off of even with a flip today for D2.

Probably random shots in the dark on D2 is my prediction.

Maybe we'll get lucky and hit scum though, either today or tomorrow, who knows.
The last one is reading to me like he thinks we are definitely going to mislynch today and get nothing from it too.

I never said voting for me was a scumtell. Zubz did it too and I didn't care. But Nomad is literally my top town and got a soul scum read on Terra. Since then Terra has been floundering just like in Buck Bumble where he was Mafia!
Not sure why Nomad of all people would be a top read. He trolled for a few minutes then dipped. And no floundering here, sonny. It would take a hell of a lot more than anything that has happened so far to make me squirm.

I found it odd that if you parse out Terra's posts about no lynch, he seemed to be assuming we would lynch someone with low activity today rather than for scumminess but it's just something to mark down for now as far as I'm concerned.

Wait, how and where was this ever remotely implied? Never was this said by me, unless you have me confused.

Terraforce were you in season 1? It is literally the only game where I had a Day 1 no lynch.

as for your other meta votes lylo theorizing, I am reasonably sure that we can't try to game the system at this point. 50 people. and it looks like after today there will be during the day actions that I'm betting will hurt...
Did you finish reading the post you quoted? Because I literally mentioned that it wasn't viable in the very post you quoted.
But no I wasn't in season 1. Not here or the other site at least.

Same. Went back to dig up where he first switched from nl to lynch and it kinda reads to me as more dropping it to avoid attention/suspicion rather than being truly convinced that a lynch is the best option going forward?

Nah. I was convinced purely because I was thinking about being nice/courteous by keeping everyone around for D2 but thinking about the fact that Scum probably will submit a NK and thus not afford the same courteousness convinced me that we might as well lynch someone aka screw my previous line of thinking. And hey maybe we'll get lucky and hit scum, who knows.

The last one is reading to me like he thinks we are definitely going to mislynch today and get nothing from it too.

Mislynch is likely, huge shock.

anyway I'll be heading to sleep soon (been up for like 24 hours now) so don't call me out for disappearing or anything while I'm okay to sleep pls.

Ynnek7

OH MY GOD, THEY LYNCHED YNNEK
Good morning-ish!

I've caught up on the thread, and have a free moment at work to get some thoughts in.

I definitely think we should lynch today. Pretty much agree with the sentiment that not doing so will just give mafia a free day to work with.

I'm not sure where my vote will go yet, and don't really have anyone I want to pressure, so I'll hold off for now. Maybe not the best plan, but I'll probably hold off until closer to the end of the day to see what groups start forming.

I saw someone mention another flavor/mechanic that I didn't notice anyone else pick up on, but after falling into the item talk myself, I wanted to see if anyone else noticed it first. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

The Bear

Obligatory Gay Bear of the Society
Nah. I was convinced purely because I was thinking about being nice/courteous by keeping everyone around for D2 but thinking about the fact that Scum probably will submit a NK and thus not afford the same courteousness convinced me that we might as well lynch someone aka screw my previous line of thinking. And hey maybe we'll get lucky and hit scum, who knows.

Mislynch is likely, huge shock.

anyway I'll be heading to sleep soon (been up for like 24 hours now) so don't call me out for disappearing or anything while I'm okay to sleep pls.

But I can't really find any post befire this one where you were 'convinced'. Before that it was more like 'ok I guess I'll drop it'. Then after monkey cacalled you out you went 'noo I'm so pro-lynch now'. Aiming to please everyone.

Natiko

@Natiko would you say a no lynch is better than a random dice roll on a lynch?
No, but a lynch today won't be a true, random dice roll regardless. The odds are against us in hitting a correct lynch, but it's always possible and at least it will give us data to work with, voting patterns to analyze, etc. A no lynch is worthless and tells us nothing. I don't think anyone here really thinks it's that good of an idea outside of maybe the new players. Faddy and Monkey both know it doesn't help us, but they are trying to play nice instead of play the game.

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
Winter Soldier is a good movie which is pretty atypical compared to the rest.

How come you entered with the no lynch notion this game?

Because it was agreed pre-game and I follow through on what I say. There isn't a no lynch policy it was just a joke from the ERA sign up thread. Someone said 50 player day 1 sounds awful, I suggested we No Lynch and Stuart and Monkey agreed.

If you want actual reads Grizzly has the Stuart read down

It makes me feel like Stuart has a need to please.

He actually did float the no lynch idea but just didn't follow it with a vote because he is aware that would attract attention. He would do that as any alignment since he is a pretty cautious player in his previous games.

Monkey IDK. I expected her to come in and vote No Lynch because she is the type of player to do things early because they are funny. Maybe the moment had passed and people were treating the no lynch thing with more seriousness than it deserved. Or people were looking for an easy entry into the game. The fact she did it after I called her out is a slight town lean imo. Right now I'm giving her a pass anyway since she is busy elsewhere.

But I can't really find any post befire this one where you were 'convinced'. Before that it was more like 'ok I guess I'll drop it'. Then after monkey cacalled you out you went 'noo I'm so pro-lynch now'. Aiming to please everyone.

Well I had been looking at the thread for a while and thinking over my stance during all the no lynch vs lynch stuff. I didn't vote because of I was busy thinking about if I should or shouldn't while reading the thread.

That said, aiming to please everyone? I'm not sure but if I come across like that, I certainly don't mean to.

Natiko

Good morning-ish!

I've caught up on the thread, and have a free moment at work to get some thoughts in.

I definitely think we should lynch today. Pretty much agree with the sentiment that not doing so will just give mafia a free day to work with.

I'm not sure where my vote will go yet, and don't really have anyone I want to pressure, so I'll hold off for now. Maybe not the best plan, but I'll probably hold off until closer to the end of the day to see what groups start forming.

I saw someone mention another flavor/mechanic that I didn't notice anyone else pick up on, but after falling into the item talk myself, I wanted to see if anyone else noticed it first. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
So you want to wait around and just hop on a wagon? Do you not have any current thoughts on some of the discussions such as Melon vs. Terra, Apollo's focus on ITA, kyan's RNG self-vote, Stuart's meekness, etc.?

Also, you're likely thinking of either ITA or events.

The Bear

Well I had been looking at the thread for a while and thinking over my stance during all the no lynch vs lynch stuff. I didn't vote because of I was busy thinking about if I should or shouldn't while reading the thread.

That said, aiming to please everyone? I'm not sure but if I come across like that, I certainly don't mean to.

I don't care in this case about your vote behaviour, but your tone in your earlier posts.

I suggested we No Lynch and Stuart and Monkey agreed.

I did indeed agree but I did it mainly thinking it would be nice to get everyone in D2. I didn't even think about Scum when I said that and how they would likely target and kill someone taking away my reason for wanting to no lynch in the first place.

I also didn't realize how much against no lynches this community was just cause no one ever pushed for it seriously in my previous games.So uhh, TIL?

I didn't even think about Scum when I said that and how they would likely target and kill someone taking away my reason for wanting to no lynch in the first place.
So you thought scum were going to no kill or you forgot the night phase existed or what? That's a pretty big oversight ):

Muffin

is being held hostage by Sammi
Anything happen the last five pages?

I skimmed it and nothing exceptional if i didn't miss something. Well except some people pushing No Lynch.

When do we get to the point that we all can agree that No Lynch is always dumb? Only very specific situations would make No Lynch good, and they're so specific, I can't even think of one.

k?

What do you think about what Grizzly said?

Actually, this may be coherent enough:

Grizz:

But I can't really find any post befire this one where you were 'convinced'.

me:

And then his post I said k to above.

He said he didn't see any post before where I was convinced, I explained why it may seem sudden (which involved talking about why I didn't vote). He just said he didn't care about my vote behavior, just the tone of my posts and I'm just alright then and say k to him.

I mean there is nothing really I can add to that since he is more concerned over the tone of my posts because I had no posts before the one where I was 'convinced' showing me 'convinced'.

That's my take away from it

Ynnek7

So you want to wait around and just hop on a wagon? Do you not have any current thoughts on some of the discussions such as Melon vs. Terra, Apollo's focus on ITA, kyan's RNG self-vote, Stuart's meekness, etc.?

Also, you're likely thinking of either ITA or events.

Not really "hop on a wagon". I want to see how people's votes start lining up with their previous thoughts.

Does ITA stand for in thread attacks? I am curious about how those will play out, and whether they are normal powers that people already have, or something that will be event rewards. I didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary from Apollo talking about that. Also, it's day one, so RNG votes don't seem that weird to me, and even self voting at point is more just for fun than anything else, I'd think.

The person mentioned a very specific place, which I hadn't noticed being mentioned anywhere else. They might be referencing an upcoming event, but for some reason only they have talked about it. Maybe I'm wrong and am just missing it in the opening post flavor.

So you thought scum were going to no kill or you forgot the night phase existed or what? That's a pretty big oversight ):

Yeah it was. I'm stupid for thinking scum might no kill (I wouldn't forget the night phase). I admit that. Sorry for being stupid.

Checking in. Still no Blargonaut activity. Seems odd, slightly off-pattern. Patience pays off though. Will continue to monitor.

*Splinter
Terra

And those players

Crimsonfist (he/him; GMT+1)
Blargonaut (he/him; GMT)
faircure (she/her; EDT)

Blarg. Is it true?

Two others with two votes. Kyan chosen by RNGsus, Apollo drawing the ire of Natiko and Terraforce. Terra's playing soft. Understandable. Not a lot to play off of.

The person mentioned a very specific place, which I hadn't noticed being mentioned anywhere else. They might be referencing an upcoming event, but for some reason only they have talked about it. Maybe I'm wrong and am just missing it in the opening post flavor.

Oh, you mean the galactic arena post from before right?

Ynnek7

It's another thread open to everyone with no posts in it. Check the Marvel Mafia thread cluster.

Ah, okay. Thanks! So that must be where we'll go for the events. I've only had this page open so I never even saw that.

The Bear

Yeah of course ynnek *wink**wink*

so townie *smirk*

There were quite a few posts going all "oh I didn't even notice/oh so that's what it was". Coukd be either real ignorance or scum trying to fish town points, so I'll chuck it as NAI for now.

Last thing before I head off to sleep, still a few people who haven't posted, one who has already been mentioned (Blarg). So I guess I'll leave a prod vote on them for now

Vote: Rynam

Natiko

Not really "hop on a wagon". I want to see how people's votes start lining up with their previous thoughts.

Does ITA stand for in thread attacks? I am curious about how those will play out, and whether they are normal powers that people already have, or something that will be event rewards. I didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary from Apollo talking about that. Also, it's day one, so RNG votes don't seem that weird to me, and even self voting at point is more just for fun than anything else, I'd think.

From reading the game specific rules section it sounds like everyone can use an ITA starting day 2.

I'm at such a loss with this amount of players. I like Bear going after Stu but have nothing to contribute to that. Terraforce's antagonism is tempting to look into but that's just how he is 100% of the time too.

This game's not gonna be a great one for me. Too many people.

Include, are you scum? You have to tell me if you're scum.

Prod votes are normally skeezy to me. I have a bit of distrust on Stuart here. That said, I’m patiently awaiting Blarg. I’m hoping to see some great things from him. Or rather... Groot things.

Yes, so you should not-

oh boy. I missed this wall earlier.
man, why did you put a big target on your back like this -.-

I get your enthusiasm and excitement in wanting to be like neat, items! Let me share this info! But you added "hey, kill me" as a footnote and generally that's a poor idea.

If CS’ scum, he could be hoping for Town to protect him, keeping Neutrals off his tail. It could be a good discussion topic for D2 if he survives, at least.

I never said voting for me was a scumtell. Zubz did it too and I didn't care. But Nomad is literally my top town and got a soul scum read on Terra. Since then Terra has been floundering just like in Buck Bumble where he was Mafia!

“Soul scum?” Really?

melonrabbit

Never change.

Vote: melonrabbit

tumblr_nf4qlt0Oxy1rgitv8o1_250.gif

Verelios

Were-elios
No, but a lynch today won't be a true, random dice roll regardless. The odds are against us in hitting a correct lynch, but it's always possible and at least it will give us data to work with, voting patterns to analyze, etc. A no lynch is worthless and tells us nothing. I don't think anyone here really thinks it's that good of an idea outside of maybe the new players. Faddy and Monkey both know it doesn't help us, but they are trying to play nice instead of play the game.
This is where I'm at right now. Of course getting everyone to day 2 is the nice thing to do, but I don't particularly want to just be nice, I want to help town win. And putting town at a disadvantage by giving scum a free night kill isn't winning.
Nomad nailed him in one post. Do you have a better name for it?
What? I need to go back and read Nomad's post because you're making him seem like the second coming.

Finally home and catching up :D

I agree Coolest's post was inviting role questions but I figure I'd ask anyways. When has the D1 rolefisher ever turned out to be mafia anyways lol

Did you forget HvV D1?

For those who don't know, a lot of anti town players role fished during D1 but some dismissed it and wrongfully so. Honestly, anything can tip off scums, nobody should give them any infos no matter how small it may be.

I am not sure if I should believe or not Coolest, I read some of the games he was playing and he seemed to always do crazy things, I think he once even made a rap song as one of his read list post IIRC.

Same. Went back to dig up where he first switched from nl to lynch and it kinda reads to me as more dropping it to avoid attention/suspicion rather than being truly convinced that a lynch is the best option going forward? It all feels a little weird to me, I dunno. I feel better about those who have stuck to nl and put up some defense than his abrupt dropping of the topic when people starting going against it.

Here are his other later relevant posts too:

Exactly! And he would have slipped through it just fine if I didn't probe vote him which got him needlessly defensive and from isoing him just now I didn't like that he added the newbie card with this one being his third game, I am sorry Stuart but it's my 3rd as well and let me tell you that from my very first game I knew how much votes can help find scums, so no this being your 3rd game sounds like a cheap excuse to use when everything else failed.

Overall, Stuart triggered a lot of my red flags and unless through my catching up someone trigger me more than him, I will keep my vote for now.

Anyway, back to reading.

nin1000

Chilean German Madman
i am back and nothing changed has it ?
how many people are still missing ?
Damn this game is huge.
Cant wait to start coasting ;)

Looks like I didn't miss anything, we are definitely lynching D1 unless an event happens that kills off townies.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Oh good lord guys, of course we're going to lynch, no one was serious, and the people still pushing it like it's a new discussion look like they're trying real hard to look busy and oh so townie.

Winter Soldier is a good movie which is pretty atypical compared to the rest.

How come you entered with the no lynch notion this game?

I'd like to know this as well.
I can forgive the newbie but Gorlak and some others after that I don't think I grabbed in multiquote here (I can if needed) are eyeroll central. We have a huge game. Belaboring the same point after a while looks less like an organic discussion and more like a strategy.

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, but I still feel like getting perspectives could be useful in the future. From my POV it’s a chance to get more info out of D1 than usual. Maybe that info will be useful, maybe it will not be useful. But all the same I’ll take whatever I can get from a game so large.
also hate this tbh, but shitting on day 1 as useless is so common it's probably NAI. But the way people interact on day one, the way they enter the thread, or not, all that's meaningful.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Because it was agreed pre-game and I follow through on what I say. There isn't a no lynch policy it was just a joke from the ERA sign up thread. Someone said 50 player day 1 sounds awful, I suggested we No Lynch and Stuart and Monkey agreed.If you want actual reads Grizzly has the Stuart read down

He actually did float the no lynch idea but just didn't follow it with a vote because he is aware that would attract attention. He would do that as any alignment since he is a pretty cautious player in his previous games.

Monkey IDK. I expected her to come in and vote No Lynch because she is the type of player to do things early because they are funny. Maybe the moment had passed and people were treating the no lynch thing with more seriousness than it deserved. Or people were looking for an easy entry into the game. The fact she did it after I called her out is a slight town lean imo. Right now I'm giving her a pass anyway since she is busy elsewhere.
^^my man

But I am not on board with this Stu stuff. After PR, I'm not lynching Stu day one. I see everything you, faircure, and Griz are saying and you're not wrong. But I think it's NAI in Stuart, who is coming off a rough game and is still trying to find his (maybe town?) feet. I think if he's scum it'll show but he's just gonna look worse and worse here if pushed and I fear that's a way too easy mislynch.

Keeping this for posterity.

This is so weird. Why are you being so weird man?

Cause there was someone pointing out i say my team a lot and what team thats referring to.

Clearly it's town, and if not I wouldn't say what team I'm if I was evil scumbag, so it's a useless question.

Kool kid is as helpful as any answer I'd give.

Anyways I need to catch up, at work and only saw this cause I was quoted.

Not sure if softing neutral.

Neutral it is Donna

You know what I smell? Role fishing! It's so transparent too, it's clearly intentional ain't it?

Oh wow... So you are not town? Am I reading this right?

I can completely 100% understand that what I said could be convinced as a softclaim or even an outright neutral claim. All I meant was 'I'm not scum thus I have no scummates'.

Also, I wasn't trying to rolefish there, I just wanted clarification on what nin meant.

nin1000

Chilean German Madman
You know what I smell? Role fishing! It's so transparent too, it's clearly intentional ain't it?

I am unsure if that was really role fishing, what threw me off was that ITA thing, what is it with Italy in this game ?

Dunno what my thing should be this game.

Anyone want to be my trusted super-friend?

Are you doing the "town" circle like Scum!Splinter did in HvV?

Include, are you scum? You have to tell me if you're scum.

I am town yet again sensei and tired of it already. Are you scum?

Honestly though, if you say "no" I am not gonna believe it either way, you didn't do anything so far that would make me trust you in the slightest.

Also @Verelios how come you didn't even talk to me at all? We were the amazing Includios in HvV, are you purposly avoiding me? If so, why is that?

Muffin

is being held hostage by Sammi
That doesn't look like rolefishing to me, and what you earlier said about HvV D1 is imo also only partly true. People got no clear definition for rolefishing around here it seems.

I am unsure if that was really role fishing, what threw me off was that ITA thing, what is it with Italy in this game ?
Not sure if joking or you didn't read the rules.

nin1000

Chilean German Madman
Just wanted to say out loud that i am very glad that we did not had the mechanics talk.
I always hated it

Sorian

Neutral Ascetic 1-Shot BP SK Alignment Cop
Staff member
An event is starting soon

This event will take approximately 30 minutes and will require medium participation (you will be participating in a blind voting phase followed by about 10 minutes of discussion). Please join this event by using the command JOIN. There is no maximum number for this event, signups will last for about 10-15 minutes.

Top Bottom