Scum Thread Army of The Blargonauts - Scum Chat

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Or, you know, I could just be really fucking ballsy and say no, Sorian is lying, I am vanilla, but he wants you to kill me to hide whomever he really recruited.

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
I think there's a good chance we hit cult for the lynch, but town is gonna town so you just never know lol

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Wait-

So they have at least:
Sorian
Febe
rac?

We have:
me
Natiko
LP

Town has:
Brazil?
Fanto
Flux
CeeCee

Unknown:
Blarg
Zeke
Kyan

We kill Brazil and he is town, let's say. If cult has been recruiting every night, and this is N6, this could be endgame, depending on how many times they missed.

Natiko

If they AREN'T limited and only missed once we are in quite a bit of trouble if we don't hit runner runner cult kills between the lynch and the next NK.

Natiko

Running the numbers in general it seems like we can't win before D11 without extra kills and we can't win any later than EOD D12 unless there are missed kills/lynches.

Natiko

Also re: Sorian - I guess the idea then would be the two meme boats were purely flukes after all?

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I don't know. I guess? And he capitalized on it? There was NO sign of distress from him in boat chat, I'll say that. No anger, no nothing other than a kind of Sorianesque glee at our being in the chat together. Let me go look at exactly what it was he said.

Natiko

I could certainly see it - just was curious on your thoughts. It either has to be a fluke or they can convert PRs too.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
he laughed and said the game keeps delivering, then said it was safe to assume we were both alive. So possible to fake but no sign of upset at having a wincon changed, etc.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Do we need to kill within the cult then to keep advantage? FUCK this is layered and I don't like it

Grizzly, you are mean, this was hard enough. :<

Natiko

I'm inclined to lean towards either Sorian is just a different neutral or boats were fluke and they can only convert vanilla town.

I bet Brazil's power is real and there's just some garbage PRs thrown to town in order to impede the cult. If so they likely missed at least once on you, maybe twice. I would guess Sorian has a really good idea of the scum team if he's the cult leader so the next day phase is probably crucial.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Then yeah, let's kill Brazil so I can see his flip and make up a weird role if I need to.

Natiko

Yeah, we need to brainstorm some random garbage for everyone. Sucks my loved modifier didn't persist going forward.

Lone_Prodigy

Am I at 10 posts yet?
Depending on the cult's win condition and their size, they won't win if we all die before they get 50% of the vote. So they may help us a bit.

But if they have 4-5 already, with 12 left they can easily win unless we start killing them.

I am vanilla and negative utility so no cult would bother recruiting me. :P

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I was thinking I might steal Natiko's note about being loved yesterday in case last night is when they tried to recruit me. Except I'd make it something else, I think. Since I expect multiple people got one-off modifiers.

LP, do you think we should kill there now or wait?

also I laughed at your last line.

Natiko

Yeah, we should probably assume that we need to lynch and then kill cult after tonight in order to feel like we have a decent chance.

Natiko

Cults can be very OP. I would bet they have a restriction, likely multiple (something like only vanilla town and only can recruit every other night or a max of ____). We're probably worrying a littttle more than we should, but the game is probably close right now and could go either way. I'll say this - town is probably in the worst spot of all.

Natiko

Today is going to make or break us. I have a feeling it's going to be a crazy phase - the modifier may not help.

Natiko

T-24 minutes. We all on board with the Brazil kill and Sorian block?

Lone_Prodigy

Am I at 10 posts yet?
Brazil is probably town and Sorian knows, which is why he pushed him hard, and Saw tossed a vote his way on the way out. I think the cult sacrificed Saw and will probably recruit to replace her tonight.

Going to be an interesting day with three factions going after each other.

Natiko

I also suspect Brazil is town. I think cult could certainly be on the Saw vote, but I don't think they expected the Malus death with so little time left. I think it was a town member that was either AFK until late or just decided both were scum and needed to go. I guess we'll see if anyone claims it.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
vanilla day
we live
I can hear Brazil hollering all the way from spec chat

let's do this, dudes. or uh, you do and then I'll do in a bit when I'm back.

Natiko

I suspect the cult is closer to like four people left at most, but fear mongering is fun.

Cult is probably:
Zeke, rac, kyan, and Sorian? Fire? Blarg could have been a cultist bussing cultist too.

Natiko

If we do get spooked that cult is about to hit their wincon with Sorian’s help in the future one of us can claim scum and promise to shoot him in the night if he votes with them? Lol

Natiko

I enjoy mafia so much more when I don’t have all the answers and get to try and use actual deduction skills instead of just acting.

Natiko

Did I claim vanilla in the game thread???
Shit, for some reason I thought you and Sorian had talked about it in the game thread. That’s what I get for talking about things too fast. I didn’t say where I got that info so I can lie. Just call me out on it

Natiko

I’ll just say I got confused and thought you had. It’ll create separation for us at least..? Lol

Natiko

Did Sorian admit he claimed neutral to you in the game thread or you mention that he had? I can always say I got that flipped around

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I can't remember if we did or not - I did claim it to him but I don't remember if it got talked about in the game thread. I think we can easily say no, that was Sorian.

Natiko

Post #5286

You answered Brazil saying Sorian claimed vanilla. We good.

Natiko

So what do you think about Sorian?
He’s so flippant it’s hard to say. I’m inclined to just block him for now. If he is neutral we may have use for him later. If he’s cult he won’t be able to recruit at least.

Natiko

There’s probably scenarios in which our best path to win is sacrificing LP tomorrow and skipping NKs to fool town until we can use a surprise one to steal majority. That makes the game last so much longer though lol

Lone_Prodigy

Am I at 10 posts yet?
The problem is that there's no way Monkey, as a vanilla, doesn't get recruited. Same with Nat.

I could threaten the neutrals with shooting them on the way out unless they voted with me lol

Natiko

We just need to come up with bullshit claims and pray. LP does make a good point that it may be worth the risk of just trying to play for the fastest possible win before we can be exposed. What roles would make sense to claim if we’re forced?

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I was thinking I might claim a tracker. I mentioned early game that it was a hard role in a big game which could be a crumb.

Natiko

I was thinking I might claim a tracker. I mentioned early game that it was a hard role in a big game which could be a crumb.
I think I might just roll the dice and claim ascetic and argue I thought it was strange but seeing more and more of the roles in this game I'm probably just there to throw results off and take up a PR slot.

Natiko, you're a dirty cultist, are you
I wish, at least I'd have a better shot at winning then lol

Natiko

Think he's probably just having feelings. I mean he was set to win and tried to do something nice and now everyone wants to deny him his win for the nice thing he did lol

Natiko

The big question is can we convince town to not join cult in removing LP tomorrow without outing ourselves. If we can (and we do enough to prevent a cult majority) we can win.

Natiko

Odds that Zeke decided to just name literally all of his cult teammates to throw us off?

Lone_Prodigy

Am I at 10 posts yet?
Dunno.

I like the narrative we're pushing though: that cult is so big and scum so small that we have to hit cult or town loses.

No one is paying any attention to me but that nice 6-6 split should show how bad it looks for town right now.

Natiko

Yeah, and all cult can really do is sit back and try and grind it out. No one's going to believe the cult is almost dead - especially with the threat of more recruits.

Lone_Prodigy

Am I at 10 posts yet?
We already have a commuter, might be too protective.

Beloved or hated? I'm not going to bother claiming since everyone assumes I'm scum lol

Natiko

I would never claim Beloved out loud so I could just refuse to claim. Hated they could test so I don’t want to risk that. I thought ascetic might be good because it doesn’t actually interact with the scum roles they’ve seen, but it would throw off cult and town roles.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I posted this in the thread, but:

o20998V.png

I don't think there are as many cultists as we feared. A ton of vanillas are already dead - IF they have that restriction. I think one of Febe/Sorian is lying. But we also know that leaves, at most, rac/Blarg/Kyan/Zeke + 1. Outnumber us, yes, but we can take them, and I bet their pool has dried up.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
We'll lynch in there today and we shoot another tonight but man, I REALLY worry about Sorian/Febe, maybe way more than I should

Natiko

If Fire doesn’t leave via PPM he’ll be exposed and lynched. Sorian will side with whoever and if he’s somehow secretly cult as well then we can kill him when the game doesn’t end at the point it should. That’s if we dodge the next couple lynches.

Natiko

I'm kind of surprised he didn't rattle the cage about my slip. I wonder if he realizes the scum team is larger than implied and is trying to play at both sides (see his sucking up to me to not kill him and that he'd flip sides if we catch up).

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I find it safe to always assume that Sorian knows a lot and I think we should consider killing him if we hit cult. Definitely if we hit cult leader. Though if we don't kill Fanto, he's going to have a meltdown. Poor Fanto.

Natiko

I find it safe to always assume that Sorian knows a lot and I think we should consider killing him if we hit cult. Definitely if we hit cult leader. Though if we don't kill Fanto, he's going to have a meltdown. Poor Fanto.
Why would we kill Sorian if we hit the cult leader? We need to kill possible cult/town that can be argued is possible cult in order to catch back up on numbers. Culling a neutral won't really help us in that matter.

I think Zeke is pretty clearly cult here, yeah?
It certainly seems that way to me.

Lone_Prodigy

Am I at 10 posts yet?
Look at the Arkham game. Sorian played both sides and won as a neutral. He will deliver Monkey if scum get ahead.

The reason he's not rocking the boat is because scum and town need him. Once cult is gone, he'll be the focus.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Why would we kill Sorian if we hit the cult leader? We need to kill possible cult/town that can be argued is possible cult in order to catch back up on numbers. Culling a neutral won't really help us in that matter.
a. it's still possible he's lying
b. he can fuck all manner of things up for us (well, then again, would anyone listen? if not, no reason to kill him)
c. I dunno, man, he's Sorian

If we kill cult/town, tomorrow they probably lynch LP. I wonder if we can look like we're killing cult/town without making it look like the threat is gone. And I'd prefer to do that without being in a situation where I have to claim and Sorian can say "she claimed vanilla to me."

I dunno what to do here, man.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Look at the Arkham game. Sorian played both sides and won as a neutral. He will deliver Monkey if scum get ahead.

The reason he's not rocking the boat is because scum and town need him. Once cult is gone, he'll be the focus.
The Arkham game is the one I referenced earlier, first game I read. Sorian is not to be trusted.

Natiko

Yeah, it seems like he's definitely okay with sitting back today.

a. it's still possible he's lying
b. he can fuck all manner of things up for us (well, then again, would anyone listen? if not, no reason to kill him)
c. I dunno, man, he's Sorian

If we kill cult/town, tomorrow they probably lynch LP. I wonder if we can look like we're killing cult/town without making it look like the threat is gone. And I'd prefer to do that without being in a situation where I have to claim and Sorian can say "she claimed vanilla to me."

I dunno what to do here, man.
I still struggle to see how his claim could be a lie unless he just got lucky with boats and is the cult leader - which is why if we flipped the leader elsewhere I don't see any point in killing him. If we don't hit a cult leader soon then maybe, but we'll be blocking him regardless in the meantime.

He could fuck things up for us, but he's pragmatic and if we can thread the needle and get in a better position then he'll flip. If he still doesn't when he should then we know he's somehow lying and kill him then. Ideally we miss the cult leader today and tonight, then we try and push for cult still tomorrow and if all works out well the next day phase we'll be very close to having majority with town and cult splintered with less numbers than us.

Natiko

I'm not sure if I'll laugh or cry if town turns on itself to throw the game to cult lol

Natiko

It honestly don't really matter as long as we aren't lynched. If town lynches town today, then we just have to absolutely hit cult tonight.

Natiko

@heymonkey What are you going to claim? No idea if I should say yes or no to your question about temporary modification

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I was thinking I might claim strong-willed, since they seem to be modifiers. or hated, but someone might have that. :/ I'm thinking either Brazil, Sneeks, or Blarg was the other person so if we hear from Blarg, and it wasn't him, I'll claim hated.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I don't know. If no one else claims I don't know if you should or not. AUUUUUUGH maybe I fucked up here.

Natiko

Don't want to link us together like that - just going to say no and leave you to use the one I got if need be.

Natiko

It's okay, with everyone denying it shouldn't really hurt your case any other than the fact that you voted on Star Wars.

Natiko

We either hit cult or cult is smaller than feared. Or they can recruit PRs and we lose no matter what lol

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
if they can recruit PRs I'm pretty sure one of us would be gone
if you either of you are cult I swear to god

Natiko

if they can recruit PRs I'm pretty sure one of us would be gone
if you either of you are cult I swear to god
I was thinking about this and I think letting scum get recruited and out their teammates to cult while staying in scum chat would be way too fucked for a Grizzly game.

Natiko

If Zeke flips cult we shoot a potential cult that’s less likely to be lynched so Blarg or rac

Top Bottom