Life is Strange Mafia!

dragon mom

Plays the Game of Chairs
Instead of a SK maybe like a "Photography Fanatic"? Like where Jefferson has to take as many photos as possible to win the game, but to take shots, he has to fulfill other conditions.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Hmmmmmmm... I do like the idea.

Maybe he needs to take photos of certain characters before he can exit the game with a win?

Like he needs to photograph Max, Kate, and Victoria or something? That would be 2 Town and 1 Scum.

Or else, what would be an example of a condition he would need to fulfill before he can take one?

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Ok, like maybe he needs to bring them to the Dark Room first?

Hmm...

I'm trying to think of how this could play out with game mechanics haha. I do like the idea of him needing to like, go through a couple steps to pull it off.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I guess I'm trying to think like, what would make this difficult for him to accomplish?

So we would want him to have to do something before he can just target someone and take a photo.

As a SK, he needs to make it to end game without being caught by Town or Scum in order to win.

For a role like this, what are the goals and what are the obstacles that he would need to get around in order to win?

That's what I'm thinking about right now I guess.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
So I guess I can see a way where once they take enough photos, they'll exit the game with a win, or else one where they need to reach end game (basically like a Survivor) but with a certain amount of photos taken, or else they lose? Would those both make sense possibly?

Then I'd be wondering what steps they need to take in order to photograph someone. What would their night actions be and how would they work, in other words. Could this be some kind of like, Odd/Even night thing? Or would it be something where like, they start with 0 shots, but can gain them somehow by doing something else?

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Well technically GoT had one too, it was just kind of mixed with an ability thief and had a different win con.

I don't think there's a problem with the SK either, but if there's other possible fun Neutral roles that would fit with the flavor too, there's still a chance to entertain that at least.

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
Well technically GoT had one too, it was just kind of mixed with an ability thief and had a different win con.

I don't think there's a problem with the SK either, but if there's other possible fun Neutral roles that would fit with the flavor too, there's still a chance to entertain that at least.

Didn't that role have a wincon about killing x number of people?

i mean a proper 3rd faction SK that cannot win with town or mafia.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
So if I understand your position here Faddy, you are completely fine with the game right now, no more adjustments necessary? Just want to make sure I understand where you are coming from here.

dragon mom

Plays the Game of Chairs
Wait, I'm confused. Geno thinks the SK needs changing, but Faddy doesn't.

If it's fine as is, then we need to balance the rest of it to make it work.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Wait, I'm confused. Geno thinks the SK needs changing, but Faddy doesn't.

If it's fine as is, then we need to balance the rest of it to make it work.
We decided on the SK having a win condition of being alive with 1 Town and 1 Mafia, or less, remaining.

Geno had concerns about the SK's fake role claim (Miller) and how that could possibly make it harder for them to win under their current win condition. He proposed an alternate one where they could exit the game early instead.

Faddy didn't think anything needed changing with the SK to make it easier for them to win. He instead suggested that the Mafia's Godmother should have their Bulletproof removed.

I went ahead and made that tweak.

That's pretty much where we were at with the SK when you got back.

Faddy

So if I understand your position here Faddy, you are completely fine with the game right now, no more adjustments necessary? Just want to make sure I understand where you are coming from here.

Yes I am absolutely fine with the game as is.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Well then clearly the next step is to start posting some dancing gifs, right?

XySuqF7.gif
mWDPvPw.gif
M1KKtzy.gif

Faddy

Are you happy with everything?

I'll send a message to say I have greenlit the game. Then the other reviewers will confirm.

Then the game goes in the queue and the real waiting begins.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Yeah, I'm happy with it. I could probably continue to nitpick for months if I really wanted to, but everything seems pretty good and I think we figured out the best way to handle the win conditions and whatnot.

Footage of me waiting for the day I get to run it:
rvgBu1O.gif

Top Bottom