Pair Thread Boat 7 - Fantomas & Rac

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I'm not going to keep the stuff we've said in here private for the whole day.
Just to be clear here, I mean like my thoughts on you, and the reads I've put down in here. Thats the stuff I'll share. Not like your claim and shit lol

rac

whatever
have to say ive been p selfish and i kinda feel bad about it

i almost subbed out before the game started and have just been trying to have as much fun as i can so far

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I'm having too much fun now tbh, I kind of feel selfish for that too. Like, I don't what else I'd be posting about in the game thread right now if I wasn't confirmed. Probably just throwing out read lists and @-ing random people to share their reads with me. Instead I've just been shitposting and joking around with people whenever I feel like it, which is so not normal for me lol.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Tomorrow when I wake up though I'll be sharing all my observations from in here during the day and get a new read list out and probably go after my Scum reads some more.

rac

whatever
tunneled there for a bit let me read

as far as lynch for today goes i would go malus>faddy>fando

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I'm starting to think I'd push for the Faddy lynch over the others now. Faddy hasn't really done much today to improve thoughts about him, and his reads seem uninspired coming from him, to say the least.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Yeah this is giving me Scum Faddy vibes, I just saw him last time as Scum in Brexit, this is what he was like when he caught heat.

When he caught heat as Town in Conspiracy, holy shit, it turned into a fucking meme about him and Sorian scum reading each other to oblivion even though they were both Town.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Just how he's bringing up this solid defense of him based on how Fando is meta reacting to the push on him today.

Zeke does bring up a good point now though, because he is right, Brazil did do that in KH too when he was Scum and Fando was Town.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I haven't gone back to check the KH thread myself, but I do remember it the way Zeke put it. I remember Brazil specifically bringing up RL things about Fando to town read him for when he was up for a lynch. True, he didn't vote for him, but like he said, he was voting for his partner Muffin to distance himself. I don't remember him shading Fando at all, but he might be right and I just don't remember it all.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I think the fact that Malus is such a lurker lets him kind of skate by longer than he should. I don't think he has ever been up for a lynch, so it is interesting to see how he is reacting here to it today.

rac

whatever
the only reason ill switch my lynch today is if its a tie between fand and faddy barring some claim madness

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Yeah, I'm expecting this to be a shit show again honestly lol. Would not be surprised if we have a fake claim to deal with again.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I know I'm kind of a newb still, so I just wanted to run this by you. When Turmoil claimed, that to me read like he was claiming as a form of a Role Cop, which is like, total red flag to me because that is so often seen as a Scum Role, right? So I don't understand Faddy's assertion that Flux's claim was a red flag to him just because it countered Turmoil's. That was just another red flag against Turmoil to me because Flux had reason to believe he was lying and, although it took him forever and I agree he should have just claimed it immediately to disprove Turmoil, he did tell us why eventually.

rac

whatever
also im not gonna be able to post by days end at all, is this thread open till the next day?

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Ironically, Faddy is not, he's good at it. He's reviewing my game right now, he even helped me fix part of my Role Priority list for the night actions. He knows all about this shit. It just reads so fake coming from him. I think that's why Cabot really didn't like that post from him about how a Commuter works. And why other veteran players have keyed in on that.

---------------------------------------

I believe we get the chat all night together still yeah.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
With the two weaker protection roles having already been claimed, I could see it as a Scum Gambit. This is kind of like me claiming as a weaker Cop in Conspiracy after Blarg (Insane Cop) and Sorian's Claim and red check already made them real cops, alongside Terra's bastard "Alien Cop" claim.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Or was it Paranoid Cop that Blarg was? I think it was if he was targeted that night by someone else, he always got a red check. But he could get a real one still.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
But then yeah, this makes Chugg's 1-Shot BP claim come back around as looking really bad now that we have a Doctor claim. Fuck.

rac

whatever
yeah i don't know why the hell you counter there, won't be able to check my phone for awhile so good luck

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Oh my fucking god lol.

RIP Chugg.

LOL ZEKE DODGED A FUCKING BOMB HAHAHAA.

Ok, so how did Mafia team know Ketkat's Doctor targets?

Did they try killing Cabot both on N1 and N2 because they did pick up on his bread crumbs and thought we were Lovers? Makes sense to me.

rac

whatever
well that's another scum that scumread me without actually voting there so that's great

another day of fran arguing my lynch, wish that was me that got bombed

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I'm not sure with his votes. It's rough, because he could have been the only Scum up for a lynch today, and so he wanted to throw out some confusion and doubt about the people he was up against on his way out.

Malus he was voted for first. I would normally read that as him trying to set that up as the opposite lynch to his, and therefore I'd think Malus is probably Town and not his teammate.

He threw his vote to Fandorin when it was clear people wanted one of them today instead. Then later Faddy called out the votes on Fando as being shitty because he's town reading him. Fando was also town reading Faddy and believed his Doctor claim at the end.

Honestly, Fando does look worse here than Malus because of all of that, but I'm not sure where I fall on him yet. He seemed genuine towards the end of the day, and looking back, that thing about him being "obliterated" tomorrow was probably because he had just been town reading Faddy and also had just said that he believed his Doctor claim and didn't think it would be countered. Does Scum-Fando say that about his teammate, knowing he is likely to go out today, knowing he is fake claiming and there is a real Doctor out there to counter the claim? Could be. A Gambit to give him "Oops, I was so wrong you guys" Town points I guess? I could see it. Would want to see how things play out with him tomorrow, but he's looking kind of suspect.

Malus totally ghosted until the end, and then threw out a vote on Faddy, which was after the hammer vote came in though. If he already knows Faddy is a Bomb, he knows his vote is safe to place there after the 12th vote came in, and he can still go "Yeah, guys, I wanted Faddy, I saw that claim from Ketkat, blah blah" even though he wasn't actually posting at all during that shit show there.

I think they both look bad still tbh. Did we actually have Scum. vs. Scum vs. Scum? I mean, stranger things have happened I guess.

Other than that, I think there was definitely bussing on Faddy because of his role. I'll be looking for some suspects in there.

Wouldn't be surprised if Blarg is Scum.

Wouldn't be surprised if FluxWaveZ is a Neutral.

That's about where I am right now.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Oh actually I forgot, Faddy's first vote was on Brazil. Yeah, that's another tough one. Scum Brazil is almost impossible for me to read as Scum, so I just see him as naturally Towny, and I'd probably think he and Faddy are not teammates. But I don't fucking know.

rac

whatever
We have people like rac here attempting to change their vote at the last second in the previous day phase to me instead of turmoil. Thankfully, votes were locked, but that kinda stuff could have gotten me lynched instead of turmoil if they saw there was some momentum going. And then today would have been way less clear than it has been.

So I'd kinda like to avoid last minute messes when we have a slightly clear perspective on where things should be heading.

the fuck?
last second?

rac

whatever
this game is so hard to follow actually
just a massive amount of claims and it was only d3

Fanto

Confirmed Town
i actually don't understand what the bp role is for at all if we have a doctor
It kind of makes sense if there is an extra kill power, either for Scum or for a Neutral, out there. It would make sense that Scum ran into Ketkat's two targets there back to back and that's how Faddy knew who she targeted when he fake claimed.

That would mean that the Neutral is the one who has got the two kills so far. Geno makes sense as a random target for a Serial Killer, or if Geno was on to the SK at some point on D1. If the SK caught on to Cabot's D2 bread crumb (the Don't Shoot Fanto one), they might have wanted the 2-for-1 shot since they might need to survive to end game for their win con, so getting a 2-for-1 gets them that much closer.

That's kind of my working theory right now, but it is based on a lot of assumptions. If we have a double kill night now, with Ket being one of them and some rando target being another, I would entertain the theory a lot more for sure.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
this game is so hard to follow actually
just a massive amount of claims and it was only d3
I can put together a formal role claim list in here for us. I was also thinking of getting a vote spreadsheet down now that we have a number of flips out there, 2 Scummies, and me and Fran as Confirmed Town, so we might be able to look at those and do some analysis.

rac

whatever
that obliterated post is so strange to me still
also would scum throw shade on chug here? not like they new he was going to die

and whats up with ketkat not voting there?

rac

whatever
It kind of makes sense if there is an extra kill power, either for Scum or for a Neutral, out there. It would make sense that Scum ran into Ketkat's two targets there back to back and that's how Faddy knew who she targeted when he fake claimed.

That would mean that the Neutral is the one who has got the two kills so far. Geno makes sense as a random target for a Serial Killer, or if Geno was on to the SK at some point on D1. If the SK caught on to Cabot's D2 bread crumb (the Don't Shoot Fanto one), they might have wanted the 2-for-1 shot since they might need to survive to end game for their win con, so getting a 2-for-1 gets them that much closer.

That's kind of my working theory right now, but it is based on a lot of assumptions. If we have a double kill night now, with Ket being one of them and some rando target being another, I would entertain the theory a lot more for sure.
i mean i guess but scum actually targeting pirate bae, i agree with a lot of the people in the thread
She basically claimed cop so mafia not having a strong kill I can see a world where they both roleblock and try to kill her.
this has to be one of the worst scum plays of all, what are the odds of faddy telling us what actually happened that night?
what would he gain from that?

Fanto

Confirmed Town
also would scum throw shade on chug here? not like they new he was going to die
Definitely. I think some of those anti-Chugg posts are the most suspect ones post-claim from Ketkat actually. It is true that his claim would look suspect, I said as much in here too, but I don't think I'd have advocated for his lynch over it.

I still don't think Flux is Scum either for his protection-esque role, just because of that shit show of a D2, but I do think he could be Neutral considering he likes to float out very anti-Town ideas constantly with his now basically-confirmed status. What the fuck was some of that shit from him today? Like seriously, if that guy is Town... I'll just say it now, I don't like him. I'd be down to lynch him just for fun to see if he is a Neutral after another Scum flip tbh, I don't even care, he's not much help.
this has to be one of the worst scum plays of all, what are the odds of faddy telling us what actually happened that night?
what would he gain from that?
something's just not adding up

tell me if you were scum would you rb and shoot bae?
It would depend on what other powers they have I suppose. If they do have some way to pull off extra kills, and a possible Neutral around isn't a killer, that could also make sense I think. That way they can afford to Kill and RB Bae in case of protection and send their other kill Cabot's way.

Cabot had made a note after D2 that there is a good chance that there could be some very good Scum Roles in this game because we are OP as Town with all these PRs, Scum has to have something really good. It also makes sense for both of us to have a Backup in that case too if we are both just stocked with PRs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just finished eating, will be back with the role claim list.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Town Deaths:
StanleyPalmTree - D1 - Override
Terraforce - D1.5 - Vanilla
Geno - N1 - Vanilla
Cabot - N2 - Mason
TheChuggernaut - D3 - 1-Shot Bulletproof

Scum Deaths:
Turmoil7 - D2 - Backup
Faddy - D3 - Bomb

Role Claims:
CeeCee - 1-Shot DayVig - Claimed on D1.5 - Shot Emperor Stan on D1.5
Fantomas - Mason - Claimed on D3 with Bread Crumbs from Cabot
Fran - Backup - Claimed on D2 - Inherited Stan's Override on D1.5, Killed Turmoil on D2
Pirate Bae - X-Shot Cop - Claimed on D2 - Green Check on Ketkat N1. Roleblocked N2.
FluxWaveZ - X-Shot Commuter - Claimed on D2 - Commuted both N1 and N2.
Ketkat - Doctor - Claimed on D3 - Targeted Cabot N1, Pirate Bae N2.

----------------------------------------------------------

I believe that is it so far. It's kind of amazing to see this many claims on the board on D3 honestly lol.

rac

whatever
Cabot had made a note after D2 that there is a good chance that there could be some very good Scum Roles in this game because we are OP as Town with all these PRs,
i agree

let's put it this way this game has blargonaut in the name and we have yet to see anything insane

rac

whatever
also also why the fuck am i a vanilla in a blarg game

this is actually fucked, im just vanilla or scum always
whose fault is this

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Ok, here's some good old fashioned hard data from the votes.

Green = Confirmed Town.

Red = Scum.

E9jbhSh.png

Ok, so we've got the D2 Shit Show votes that were all locked in and most came within the last hour or so of the day.

I honestly think we saw some good old fashioned Scum Panic there when Fran said he wasn't going to Override and instead voted for Turmoil. That's why I'm only really suspicious of the late votes on Turmoil: Monkey, Natiko, and Sawneeks. Those came when they would have had enough time to decide to bus with their one locked in vote.

Flux self voting was and still is hilarious. Faddy was on there first, which is interesting to note, because that is a case of Scum throwing their vote away. Sorian then went there, something to keep in mind.

Malus and Fandorin both basically jokingly threw their votes away at a lame scum read on Pirate Bae before she claimed.

Blarg self-voting is NAI, but is another throwaway vote. AB voting Fran, either genuine frustration or crafty Scum. Brazil on Malus, voting for his scum read when Fran was still saying he would Override. You voting for me, I forgive you. No votes from LP, Ketkat, or Kyan.

--------------------------------------------------

Day 3. Me, Flux, and CeeCee were on Faddy for a long time. Blarg joined like 24 hours into the phase. Then Fran switched his vote there towards EoD when I told him that's who I wanted today and he agreed. Kyan's came once he showed up and put a good scum read on Faddy down. Monkey showed up to switch to Faddy when the tides were clearly turning that way following Fran's and Kyan's votes on him.

The rest of the Faddy voters after Monkey all piled on after Ketkat's claim, something to keep in mind.

Brazil and Natiko started the Malus train today. Both were also on Faddy, but only after Ket's claim.

Everyone but Sorian abandoned the Fandorin train to hop over to Faddy. Monkey did so pre-claim from Ketkat.

The rest of the votes are whatever.

For the no voters:
Pirate Bae said she's sick so she probably wasn't keeping up with the thread in time to vote, but she said she was fine with all the candidates.

Ketkat, not sure why she didn't vote for Faddy there with her counter claim, but she didn't need to I guess.

LP is a meme.

-----------------------------------

I would say the suspects based on all that, and how I'm feeling about them in general, are Natiko, Sawneeks, Fandorin, and Malus.

Sawneeks and Fandorin are not W/W though, so if one of them flips Scum, the other is clear in my eyes.

Brazil is also possible, but I really hope he's just Town here.

rac

whatever
do you have a question or are you just talking to yourself?

i need a little foreplay first please

rac

whatever
oh btw my great play on d2 was to try and see if i could change flux's vote to you
#strategy

Fanto

Confirmed Town
And #3531 as well, where he talks about his chat with CeeCee and C's thoughts on Faddy... Very strange.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Faddy + Malus could make sense here I think.

Would Faddy + Fandorin make sense too though?

And could Faddy + Malus + Fandorin actually be a thing that we saw today?

Chugg had made a note in the thread before he died, which is something I also agreed with. What do you think of this?

TheChuggernaut said:
There is something I did notice though. Malus/Faddy/Fandorin all seemed pretty hesitant to scum read each other today which I took note of. Faddy mentioned one of them in a post, but he didn’t seem to lean hard into it at all, and Malus and Fandorin didn’t seem to want to scum read each other till a couple of hours ago where it seemed obvious that one of them was getting lynched. I’m not going back to look right now, but I remember either Malus or Fandorin (Both?) coming into the day phase saying they were lost, and I just don’t really know how your takeaway from that Turmoil lynch is that you aren’t sure about the game anymore. The votes on each other today just feel like they’re trying to get some early bussing in and I don’t buy it.

rac

whatever
theres no way you die tonight when there is a doctor and a cop in the game

btw if i get lynched and it goes into late game with pirate and ketkat in the game you know what to do
also scum is gonna keep me along for the ride cause im the easiest lynch ever

Fanto

Confirmed Town
My biggest fear is that Ketkat is a Godfather and they set up that fake Doctor claim because they have some kind of info already that let them know we have no Doctor.

rac

whatever
true

theres part of me that just isn't paying attention cause so many of the players (cabot, sorian, dr.monkey, sub saw, natiko, fran, others im not remembering) that are so much better than me its p daunting

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Seriously, if I wouldn't have had Cabot as a partner, I might have asked for a replacement on D2 because I was really feeling like shit with how outclassed I was by so many of the players, and they were all suspicious of me at various points too, it was just draining. The only thing that kept me going really was knowing that I literally could not be lynched because of Cabot, and that our claim would actually be pro-Town regardless of how it had to come out.

rac

whatever
Chugg had made a note in the thread before he died, which is something I also agreed with. What do you think of this?
sorry i was a little too drunk tonight a need to read over d3 faddy
faddy was always in contention to get lynched right? its hard to imagine that he gave any information that is actually useful if that is the case

Fanto

Confirmed Town
How did Faddy know Ketkat's targets? That's the weirdest part of all of this to me. Do they have a tracker? Did they try to use extra kills but ran into her protection? Is there another explanation?

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I suppose saying that they targeted Pirate Bae on N2 is obvious, any Doctor would do that.

But the Cabot target on N1? How did he know that one for sure?

Fanto

Confirmed Town
The way I'm seeing the game right now, I basically have us broken into 3 groups.

The Non-Suspects: The majority of the players, I have no real reasons to think they are on a Scum Team yet.

The Possible Bussers: At the end of D2 and the end of D3, we had Scum up for a lynch. At the end of D2 and the end of D3, the following people all jumped on the Scum trains only once they had become foregone conclusions: Natiko, Sawneeks, Dr. Monkey. Brazil gets a slight nod too here for advocating the Flux lynch on D2 and then joining the Faddy train late on D3.

The Suspects: Fandorin and Malus. They still don't look hot due to their D2 play, and not much from D3 turned them around in my mind. Enough for me to have wanted Faddy first, but not much else.
no idea but if they were tracking ketkat why wouldn't they have just killed her n2?
Yeah, if they were tracking her they would have just taken her out by now probably.

The fact that they wanted to bait out the claim from the real Doc does kind of suggest though that they knew at least the Cabot target on N1 but didn't know who it came from. Otherwise Faddy just had the guess of the century there, because I mean sure, Cabot was very easy to town-read in this game, but that doesn't mean he's automatically the first target for a Doc on N1 necessarily.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Have you ever seen Fandorin as Scum before? I'm just wondering how sneaky he can be. Because the whole thing with him town reading Faddy even though his recap on him makes Faddy look kind of scummy, and then the "I believe this claim guys, don't think anyones going to counter it" thing, followed by the "obliterated" comment that we have both made a note of. Just trying to figure out how to read this. Is it Town-Fandorin face-palming at having been duped, or is it Scum-Fandorin putting on a show?

rac

whatever
fandorin was scum in marvel and the only reason why he was lynched was on the last day because there were too many claims out that just couldn't be scum powers

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Good to know. Yeah, he definitely stays on the suspect list. I'll want to see who he's Scum Reading here today. From what I remember, his scum list yesterday was kind of like Faddy's in that he still seemed to be trying to target some of the hot topics from D1 and D2 even though we have so much more to work with now. Yeah, I just went and looked, his list was Zeke, You, and Malus.

rac

whatever
so im guessing you wanna flip either fando or malus today

but you would go for fando first

Fanto

Confirmed Town
As of this moment, probably yeah. I want to see what everyone else is thinking too, but I'd probably want the Fando flip sooner rather than later, otherwise we're just delaying the inevitable. It gives us info on Sawneeks too, because she has been trying to link Turmoil and Fandorin all game, and shouted out that as a chain lynch when she voted Turmoil, so I do not see Saw being scum if both Turmoil and Fandorin were.

rac

whatever
searched everytime faddy mentioned malus and id like to hear your thoughts on it
starts with a post defending malus but only a bit
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ma...f-the-blargonauts.91092/page-20#post-16633645
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ma...f-the-blargonauts.91092/page-20#post-16634160
to being ok with shooting malus
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ma...f-the-blargonauts.91092/page-21#post-16642394
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ma...f-the-blargonauts.91092/page-26#post-16659780
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ma...f-the-blargonauts.91092/page-32#post-16675013
edited this post down a bit (https://www.resetera.com/threads/ma...f-the-blargonauts.91092/page-51#post-16765785)
I don't think Brazil deserves town cred for the shot, particularly due to the way he handled it.
I was going to push on Rac but reading through his posts he was the person who was most against Brazil. Although he was very dramatic about it.
I think there are lots of people in this game that are coasting by doing very little. KetKat is still in that bunch. Zubz, kyan, malus, AB.
I have stronginsh town reads in FRan, Chugs CeeCee for the claims and how they happened. Cabot is my top pure town read, I still like Fandorin. Add Sorian and Natiko to round it out. I would have said Blarg but he is on a nonsense spree today.
Scum are in the coasting group. Then Fluxwavez is my top scum read. I like Sorian's pint that he has been sheeping reads. He also has a weird tone in a lot of his posts that feel defensive but also sort of mocking.
back to defending malus a bit
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ma...f-the-blargonauts.91092/page-56#post-16803446
then no mention of malus again until the vote
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ma...f-the-blargonauts.91092/page-73#post-16894694
is this a bus play? scum v scum?

after reading faddy a bit i think its p safe to trust saw

rac

whatever
also seeing both turmoil and faddy pushing fand as leader of d1.5

would scum be that brazen to try to set their scummate up as leader?

rac

whatever
search every time faddy mentions fandorin and tell me what you think

side note: if you are ever scum again keep changing what you call people in the thread (ex. fan, fand, fando, fandorin)
it would make it much harder to search the thread later

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Hmmmm. Yeah, those are interesting opinions on Malus with no clear progression from one to the other.

I remember those first posts of course because he was talking to me. The fact that he goes from trying to dissuade my concerns of Malus, to including him near the top of his Kill list, to once again dissuading concerns, then going for the "He's more likely to be Scum" play with his vote... Yeah, it looks suspect to me.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
The Fandorin connection is a tougher one because it does involve some amount of WIFOM I think in terms of how Scum would have played for the leader role. Do they try to push one of their own for leader if other Town members are voting there? Do they want to make sure Town gets the spot instead so they don't have any attention on them early? I don't think I could say how Scum would go for that.

One thing that does stick out is that Faddy didn't really mention Fandorin much at all outside of the leader stuff on D1. He kept a Town read on him, but a shitty one that wasn't based on anything from what I can tell, just "he seems Townie".

Fanto

Confirmed Town
you think we'll still be able to look at this chat after the night is over?
I think that's something we can ask @Grizzly to clarify for us, yeah.

-----------------------------------------------------

Side note: Just out of curiosity, I figured I'd go see how many times Faddy mentioned Turmoil during the game. Didn't even say his name once on D1, first time he said his name was when he ordered Fran's kill list on D2. Just something that stuck out.

rac

whatever
what about turmoil referring to faddy?

won't be able to check any other things till day starts back up

hope you make it through the night

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Turmoil never mentioned Faddy. The only time he shows up is in reference to Geno's flip, because that was Geno's flavor for his role.

Top Bottom