Game Thread Invitational | Râlez, S'il Vous Plaît

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
Reconcile these re: lylo please before I vote? I have approximately one hour before unknown.

You can vote.

He means he is worried about being involved in the final day because we will possibly mis-lynch him.

Sorian

Neutral Ascetic 1-Shot BP SK Alignment Cop
Staff member
Reconcile these re: lylo please before I vote? I have approximately one hour before unknown.

What am I reconciling? I don't think we are in lylo right now. I would love two chances at hitting scum but I don't trust you or Faddy with me and one other in lylo and finding the last scum within 3 is easier than within 5.

Faddy

What am I reconciling? I don't think we are in lylo right now. I would love two chances at hitting scum but I don't trust you or Faddy with me and one other in lylo and finding the last scum within 3 is easier than within 5.

Posts like this make me feel like I am being manipulated.

I thought you were confident in your Topo > Ty read.

Sorian

Staff member
Posts like this make me feel like I am being manipulated.

I thought you were confident in your Topo > Ty read.

It makes the most sense sure, but it is still missing the context of todays lynch and tonight's kill. That solves another 40% of the current game, that's a big deal.

Faddy

It makes the most sense sure, but it is still missing the context of todays lynch and tonight's kill. That solves another 40% of the current game, that's a big deal.

Everyone seems to have a healthy skepticism of each other that if we don't hit with Topo I genuinely have no idea how the final day will play out.

I'm probably being town read the most widely right now but I also fear getting turned about on in the final day because I can see all the flaws in my own play.

Hecht

Like dubstep for my bootyhole
Sorian (1)
Sorian

El Topo(1)
heymonkey

@Ty4on the day start/end times have been posted in the rules since the beginning of the game.

Faddy

I feel like we have had a good discussion. Time to pull the trigger on Topo?

Sorian

Staff member
Game likely ends now anyway, are we sure we don't want anything else from Topo before we hammer?

Sorian

Staff member
Find, game better be done, I don't want to do lylo

VOTE: El Topo

Hecht

THE DAY HAS ENDED

(I'll get the flip up, but the next day still starts at the assigned time)

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
I even refreshed right beforehand and thought "I can give the folks a few second to read over the vote"

Hecht

"Alert! Alert! All hands please report to the common area! Bring mops and towels!" The PA system rang out.

Nurses, doctors, and other staff ran as fast as they could to the common room, and gasped as they saw El Topo lying on the floor, fluids everywhere.

"Oh god, they killed him?"

"Jesus Christ, look at this mess. There's blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and...what the hell is that?"

"It's black bile, I believe."

"Hahahahahahahahahaha...ah, this is great!" Melody began laughing uncontrollably.

The rest of the staff turned to look at Melody, judging her with their gaze. A doctor piped up, "What on earth is so funny?"

Melody stifled a giggle, and said, with tears streaming down her face from laughing so much, "You guys don't find this humorous?"

El Topo has died!

Greetings!
You are a Terrible Person. You are aligned with TOWN.
You do not have any special abilities, but you can vote!
You win when all threats to Town are eliminated.
The game thread can be found here: http://outergafia.net/index.php?threads/30/

Night 6 Ends:
red_1511132400.png

The Bear

Obligatory Gay Bear of the Society
No flavor because IKEA and its furniture have crushed my will to live. Although it's funny that Ty died today.

Ty4on has died!

Greetings! You are a Terrible Person. You are aligned with TOWN. You do not have any special abilities, but you can vote! You win when all threats to Town are eliminated. The game thread can be found here: http://outergafia.net/index.php?threads/30/
DAY 7 ENDS:
gre_1511305200.png

Majority is 2.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I didn't think so.

God, I wish I had died instead of Ty. Here, Ouro, my suffering is complete. I am grumbling. You get your wish.

Sorian

Staff member
The worm message theory... unless you don't think that is dumb because it is true?

I think I'm the top suspect so no, I wouldn't classify any theory involving me as dumb because it's the norm at this point, true or not.

Sorian

Staff member
Which is why I wonder why you think it's dumb. Your monkey theory sounds ridiculous to me from a game design standpoint. Why are you putting what you think is a soft on a cop check into the same ballpark?

Sorian

Staff member
I still think it's dumb but I have to take it seriously at this point since this is when it's easiest to look at the scope of the whole game. I want to reread Ty's last day since that kill makes so little sense and I'll be off mobile in like 15.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I'm so tired. It's been a long weekend. I'm half ready to just vote Sorian now and just let Faddy have the win if he's scum. Faddy's votes are better and his theories are ridiculous but how can I trust Sorian?

Now Sorian is privileging that, of course. Of course it would end this way. Faddy wants to believe the scum override and Sorian will help. It makes NO sense.

Of course Ty died. For this.

I'm still five hours from home and it's snowing and my friend is driving super aggro so if I disappear, it's cuz I died on the Ohio border.

Sorian

Staff member
I'm going to need a lot more than "maybe she always has to vote her teammates" to be on board with a scum override.

The theory came out because you used it to get a vote off me, clearly that was never scummy to me before and still pushing it now when there is one scum member is ridiculous.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I am a town governor. My play makes no sense as scum. My role makes no sense as scum in this game.

Sorian

Staff member
Ty's last day isn't a long read and I don't feel like quoting notables since he fluffs a lot with some double and triple posts but he's pretty clear that he isn't worried about Faddy at all and he actually never really gets around to talking about me much. Faddy asks him to say more on me but he never does.He was joining in that tinfoil hard core. He only cares about monkey and Topo yesterday. I'm not going to play solely based on a NK but at least Faddy leaves both me and monkey on the table, Ty either doesn't care about me or finds my play forgettable yesterday.

Faddy

I'm going to need a lot more than "maybe she always has to vote her teammates" to be on board with a scum override.

The theory came out because you used it to get a vote off me, clearly that was never scummy to me before and still pushing it now when there is one scum member is ridiculous.

That isn't true at all. I had the theory on day 4 when monkey voted for Terra instead of just sticking with Dusk. And it was in my mind when she switched to Terra again on day 5.

Sorian

Staff member
That isn't true at all. I had the theory on day 4 when monkey voted for Terra instead of just sticking with Dusk. And it was in my mind when she switched to Terra again on day 5.

The scum override theory is a lot older than your vote stipulation thing. You added onto something that Kark or FEP brought up way back on day 3.

Faddy

The scum override theory is a lot older than your vote stipulation thing. You added onto something that Kark or FEP brought up way back on day 3.

The bit I added to it, the bit that makes it almost make sense is having to vote for a team mate. Which is the thing I added to it by looking at evidence.

Sorian

Staff member
It fundamentally destroys such a big part of the game. When it's her and a single teammate left, all she can do is tunnel on her own teammate? And what if she ever flips early? Suddenly at least one other scum member is outed if not the whole team. It certainly answers the question of why she starts that vote on Terra at all but it's not a good answer and that's where I'm hung up. A scum monkey has 0 reason to ever vote there when she did.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I see you, Sorian. I see you nudging and moving around this. I see you drawing lines.

Faddy, it's gonna be on you to decide here. I am probably just going to go ahead and vote.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Yes, I have no reason as scum to do ANYTHING I have done in this game and that we are still talking about that kills me. Holy shit.

Sorian

Staff member
I see you, Sorian. I see you nudging and moving around this. I see you drawing lines.

Faddy, it's gonna be on you to decide here. I am probably just going to go ahead and vote.

You see me attempting to solve. You have it stuck that I'm ready to pounce on you at any second and yeah, obviously we have to talk about what you could and couldn't do as scum. YOU'RE STILL HERE AFTER LIKE 3 OR 4 DAY PHASES.

That means something and you're one of the last three. I want to lay a vote on Faddy but I also actually want to figure it out for sure since it's the last chance.

Faddy

I am a town governor. My play makes no sense as scum. My role makes no sense as scum in this game.

Does it make sense?

Town
CCS - Jailer
Cabot, FEP - masons
Worm - even night hider

Scum
Kawl - Lynch bomb double kill
nin - Strong man
Terra - role cop

Neutral
Dusk - proxy survivor, town aligned

If town only had those roles does scum really need that role cop? With so many vanilla townies, is

Faddy

With so many vanilla townies, isn't it more likely scum has an ordinary member

Sorian

Staff member
The role cop is there to balance the masons actually. Anything else is icing but you need a way for scum to know that mechanic is coming before it drops in a mylo/lylo situation. Role cop and overrider don't balance against each other at all.

Faddy

Sorian why do you have so many smart arse comments littering the thread?

e.g.

Huh, that's not the kill I would have made, wonder if hitting a mason was luck or not.

Anyway

VOTE: Karkador

I was hoping I'd survive, let me go find the gif for my shit post

Faddy

The role cop is there to balance the masons actually. Anything else is icing but you need a way for scum to know that mechanic is coming before it drops in a mylo/lylo situation. Role cop and overrider don't balance against each other at all.

Balancing the other way. What does town have to balance a scum override? Sure our hider could do it but hiding behind a "confirmed" townie is risking getting NK'd. Is the vote trail enough?

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
This is why I'm still here. So that this conversation continues to happen. It's happened every day. That's easy enough to manipulate.

So here is where I am: if Faddy is scum he has to hope that you will

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Sorian, if Faddy is scum, he has to hope you go for me or that he can get me to lynch you. Doable but messy.

If you are scum, you play on Faddy's deconstruction, you lynch me, you win. Easy. Most likely, I think. But smartass Sorian who is sure of the win hasn't happened yet. My only worry.

If I am scum, I don't kill Ty. I don't end up here. That would be ignorant. Why on earth would I do that?

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Sorian. It makes you less likely to suspect me and probably I can turn Ty on you. Killing you would be suspicious.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Yes but I don't want to lose. Why are you now on him and not me?

It's possible it's you. But I'm trying to reconcile myself to being okay with it if that's the case.

Sorian

Staff member
Sorian why do you have so many smart arse comments littering the thread?

e.g.

I don't get what is wrong with that post. Are you going to ask me why I have so many smart ass comments littering the entirety of my gafia career too?

Balancing the other way. What does town have to balance a scum override? Sure our hider could do it but hiding behind a "confirmed" townie is risking getting NK'd. Is the vote trail enough?

Nothing, that's my point. You are jumping back and forth between me and monkey. When talking to me, she's the issue. When talking to her, I'm the issue.

Sorian

Staff member
Which is really all I need to see. I didn't want to be in this position because it's easy to ride the "gotta lynch Sorian because it's Sorian" train. I'm making my choice. I'm not sitting here waiting for a sign, you specifically waffling both sides when the other is absent tells the story. Either monkey is it and the game is over or she can stop being paranoid of things being turned on her and actually read the thread.

VOTE: Faddy

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Sorian, speaking of not reading the thread, did you just skip the scenarios I laid out or...?

Let me ask you this: if Faddy is scum, why does HE kill Ty?

Faddy

Well a few minutes and I haven't been hammered by you Monkey.

I'm going to vote Sorian and you have to pick

VOTE: Sorian

Sorian

Staff member
Sorian, speaking of not reading the thread, did you just skip the scenarios I laid out or...?

Let me ask you this: if Faddy is scum, why does HE kill Ty?

No one really makes sense killing Ty. Think on it for a second.

I have a much better chance hiding with Ty here as opposed to the two that have held a town read for a couple days.

Faddy has Ty pocketed if he's scum.

I already went over the case for you but that's weak and you are most likely to kill Ty but it's more likely Ty just died because that kill doesn't actually point to anyone.

Sorian

Staff member
Plus you aren't scum anyway obviously so I don't care about that point anymore.

Faddy

Btw I totally kill Ty if i am scum. No way he just takes the easy monkey lynch and I wouldn't trust myself to outsmart both Sorian and Ty.

If you are alive monkey it is because my scum theory on you was plausible that Sorian wanted to exploit later on. Hence why he dismissed it out of hand

Faddy

I'm surprised he didn't try and manipulate me to kill you.

I was still thrown by the worm message. i know Sorian is scum, Worm did breadcrumb it. My other option was he didn't breadcrumb because he town read you so strongly that he didn't need to worry.

Sorian

Staff member
Btw I totally kill Ty if i am scum. No way he just takes the easy monkey lynch and I wouldn't trust myself to outsmart both Sorian and Ty.

If you are alive monkey it is because my scum theory on you was plausible that Sorian wanted to exploit later on. Hence why he dismissed it out of hand

Oh yes, I'm exploiting this theory very heavily today. The thread speaks for itself. I'm not going to dance around why a specific kill was made or why I would have done what in whatever situation. I'm not in the right mind state to do that. I was full stop ready to start in on Ty today.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Faddy telling me what I want to hear.

Faddy voting Terra on my coattails. But also voting nin.

Sorian on the wrong side of so many votes. Obviously pushing angles, but for which win?

Faddy

Idk what to say. Here was my honest final play.

I was going to make a snide post about your Darryl incident when I voted for Sorian to make you feel bad if you won by tricking me.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member

He didn't dismiss it. Only now is he dismissing it and not out of hand.

Faddy

Sorry. I decided against it but it crossed my mind and i wanted to post something honest.

Sorian

Staff member
This thread is impossible to search. What day was the override and what page is it by default? I just want to see the vote count before it happened.

Faddy

The fuck, man. Whoever wins, give them props.

Sorian, it's around 10 I think.

Yeah I know but the fact that I was even thinking something like that hopefully tells you how torn I was, which I wouldn't have been as scum.

Sorian

Staff member
Yeah, I don't know what Faddy was doing but in both cases, he votes an inactive teammate. He has a vote on Crimson when you override. He doesn't appear to be around at day end but we also already know that Crimson was gone and Terra had to replace in. He has the vote on nin day 3 which is all well and good but we also know that nin had replaced out and Ouro was having trouble finding a replacement since on that page where the game ends (or the page before, I was scrolling through to find the end), he says nin is in the replacement queue. What fantastic busses, if the teammates aren't there, may as well use them for something and hope town swerves away anyway, which did happen day 2 and could have easily happened again day 3.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
If you're a first time scum, do you sac your whole team? I guess if you do you try to look as townie as possible while doing so.

But Sorian, you also voted for nin. Do you sac your team knowing that you could be a policy vote at any time?

Shit.

Sorian

Staff member
If you're a first time scum, do you sac your whole team? I guess if you do you try to look as townie as possible while doing so.

But Sorian, you also voted for nin. Do you sac your team knowing that you could be a policy vote at any time?

Shit.

Yes, I bus my team like no tomorrow at any moment. That isn't the point though, my nin vote doesn't matter in the least, if I don't vote nin, I die instead.

Faddy

Shit.

I wrote a whole post about Sorian bussing and his responses didn't ring true.

He said mutual bussing was a bad idea when I questioned him about it but now he needs to convince you about me he thinks they are brilliant play.

Sorian

Staff member
I wrote a whole post about Sorian bussing and his responses didn't ring true.

He said mutual bussing was a bad idea when I questioned him about it but now he needs to convince you about me he thinks they are brilliant play.

Mutual implies that they were voting you. I know that's not true of nin, I'm honestly not sure if Crimson even put a vote down day 2. So no, I don't need to convince anyone it's brilliant play because it never happened.

Faddy

Here is my post about it.

Why Sorian and nin make sense from their votes.

Day 1: Both vote CCS trying to save Kawl.
Day 2: Oh shit people are going to lynch down the CCS voters, better separate or we are screwed. Mutual bussing
Day 3: With the override it is clear nin vs Sorian, just bus as above
Day 4: Sorian goes back to his day 2 plan of trying to lynch the bus on the Kawl lynch which very likely does not exist.
Day 5: Sorian back to Topo who he was trying to push as the first CCS voter we should kill

Day 1: Why do I bother trying to save Kawl who is clearly inactive when I've day one bussed people who were way more active (in literally every game where I'm scum)
Day 2: Down badly on day 2 already if nin and I are both scum since we were both on the counter wagon on a proven town member, why would we further fall down that hole by mutual bussing?
Day 3: Same as above
Day 4: It is very common to bus a scum mate going down. I have no reason to believe this game would be any different.
Day 5: I've juggled all game debating if nin and Topo could be teammates. As the Kawl voters have gone down, it seems like this could be the case. It's called progression. nin was also always my first push but you seem to be ignoring that.

That was a pointless exercise.

why is the mutual bus a bad thing if you are both scum. The only reason Monkey has held off voting you is because nin voted for you on day 2. Seems to be saving your ass right now.

your 2nd push after trying to save Kawl and reluctantly going on the CCS wagon

Sorian

Staff member
(I also wouldn't call your busses brilliant, nin was easily savable even if it was going to be another replacement).

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Yet later YOU vote yourself. To try to get us to remove you. Or as a ploy.

Why does town try so hard to stay alive?

Faddy tho has never really been on the block. He's distracted with wild theories.

Y'all are about 50/50. I wish I could vote you both.

Sorian

Staff member
That post doesn't tell us anything about you suddenly calling what you did mutual bussing?

I stand by my points, and?

Top Bottom