Game Thread Invitational | Râlez, S'il Vous Plaît

Sorian

Neutral Ascetic 1-Shot BP SK Alignment Cop
Staff member
I just don't know if I trust a Topo scum read.

He made an effort post on CCS day 1, if he is scum why not just jump on the Sorian train? Why does nin jump on as well. I don't see them grouping votes especially with Kawl in the running.

He half scum reads nin on day 2 but ends up on Blarg because Blarg votes for him. His play feels too open to me.

Day 3 he votes Sorian then after no votes move he is the person to switch onto scum nin

Day 4 he is kind of nowhere and barely makes a read. Me and Ty both town read him for his previous nin interations

Day 5 he fails to tie either bus or tie the vote and refuses the early chance to jump on Sorian with me which leads to my flip to Terra

The boldest are literally all issues. Why would you not see them grouping, that's the only chance they have to save Kawl since it looks like there really was no bus. He shades nin but votes elsewhere, he's forced to accept a bus when no one else takes bait to save his partner. Being nowhere is self explanatory.

Yesterday is the only slightly weird day but I remember Topo being mostly absent so assuming he'll take specific action at a specific time that isn't day end is silly. The same question of why anyone failed to tie regardless of who you think is scum is going to be the same for the end of day 5. You seem to be undercutting how much confusion there was during that last couple minutes.

There's no way there's two left, right? With a neutral in play?

Doubtful, the neutral was town aligned but almost 28% scum is really high.

Ok so last post for the night. We still don't know how Worm died.

Did he foreshadow Sorian like I said or is it like Ty4on said

Which could imply he wanted to definitively clear monkey and was so sure he didn't leave a tell. I think the monkey as scum override is still in play and merits some discussion.

After seeing my day 2 assumption blow up, I'm thinking there is nothing. We can discuss if you want but you'll need to explain why a scum monkey would throw out that first vote on Terra which kicked off the whole thing.

Sorian

Staff member
No and of course you check back in when I'm about to go to sleep.

Ty was supposed to be my european nighttime bro but no.

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
Ha let me check back in as well.

Sorian what time will you be back. It would be nice if all of us were in the thread at the same time.

Faddy

I probably just missed Sorian so if we can agree to all be available from 9pm GMT (4pm EST) for like an hour that would help.

After seeing my day 2 assumption blow up, I'm thinking there is nothing. We can discuss if you want but you'll need to explain why a scum monkey would throw out that first vote on Terra which kicked off the whole thing.

That is the easy part. If she is scum \nd has to vote for scum she wouldn't vote for nin who was actually playing then it is a 50/50 between Kawl and Kevyt. One of them was a lynch bomb, the other a role cop. It seems obvious where to place the vote. And the general mood of the thread was against lynching an inactive at that point.

The part that holds me back is the use of the override. IDK why she would use it as on day 2 it was mission accomplished, she had successfully voted scum but Sorian was eating the lynch. That part doesn't make sense.

Still all those flips and always coming back to Terra messing with me. Finishing with a vote on scum everyday seems off. Coupled with the fact that monkey as scum has been on the backburner for a couple of days so why is she still alive?

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Could it be that Terra was the most clear shot at scum since everyone else had more conflicting factors?

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I mean, I put my doubts about Dusk, for instance, right here in the thread. I considered and voted for Terra instead. Terra was not lynched and remained my front runner instead.

Faddy

Why did you follow me on Terra?

Suspicion on you, suspicion on Terra. I was never completely convinced of the Dusk lynch

Is being this blatant usually a Terra scum tell, openly cheerleading for what would be two town players in a Thunderdome.

I think we want one of Terra or Dusk turbo'd before the deadline to avoid any sort of accidental tie

It didn't look like I had support for a Sorian lynch so following you was working towards my other reads.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Why don't you just vote me? You've been banging that drum forever. While we wait for others I figured I'd ask.

Faddy

Why don't you just vote me? You've been banging that drum forever. While we wait for others I figured I'd ask.

My read on you is predicated on you having to vote scum. So if you were scum then Terra must be scum.

But Terra could be scum without you being scum so he was the much better bet in that read.

Faddy

Oh why was I against Terra before?

His immediate scum read of Sorian when he entered the game was a scum tell for me at the time. I still liked my day 2 theory of a 2nd inactive scum. The post I just quoted about his cheerleading of a town/town thunderdome. Process of elimination by reading you, Sorian, Worm and Topo as town. I was happy with Ty's contributions as well. Leaving Dusk, Nomad and Terra.

I was mostly content with the Nomad read of others and am actually happy he is dead because he just didn't do enough. I was very frustrated with the lack of activity so that was another good reason to switch onto Terra over pushing Sorian.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
So here's what I'm looking at, a WHAT-IF for everyone:

IF SCUM, Faddy bussed Terra.
IF SCUM, Ty bussed a lot but only when it was certain.
IF SCUM, Sorian is trying some reverse psychology right now.
IF SCUM, Topo bussed nin but again only when certain.

My fear in killing Sorian today: if he's town, scum keeps me and Faddy alive and I die tomorrow because Faddy will lynch me. Then we lose.

Unless Faddy is scum.

Faddy

So here's what I'm looking at, a WHAT-IF for everyone:

IF SCUM, Faddy bussed Terra.
IF SCUM, Ty bussed a lot but only when it was certain.
IF SCUM, Sorian is trying some reverse psychology right now.
IF SCUM, Topo bussed nin but again only when certain.

My fear in killing Sorian today: if he's town, scum keeps me and Faddy alive and I die tomorrow because Faddy will lynch me. Then we lose.

Unless Faddy is scum.

Maybe?

Ok I did not bus Terra. I would have happily lynched him with you on Day 2 before you switched to nin and used your override on Blarg.

Faddy, when did you read me as town?! -.-

Probably when you used your override. But this late in the game I can't get over you not being dead and hitting scum everyday.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Nah, Worm did well as a replacement. We lost other roles who could have helped too.

I am alive because you will kill me. I can't imagine it's more complicated than that. That's why I would like to unlock this today, before we get there.

Faddy

Nah, Worm did well as a replacement. We lost other roles who could have helped too.

I am alive because you will kill me. I can't imagine it's more complicated than that. That's why I would like to unlock this today, before we get there.

Would you rather be dead? I am having a similar existential crisis.

Why am I alive. Why kill Nomad instead of me? Because my reads are right or wrong? Because scum think they can manipulate me? For me the Nomad kill reeks of Sorian.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
The kills seem very calculated. I agree that could be Sorian. Or Ty. I don't know Topo well enough to say. Asking about the Nomad kill could have been cover.

Sorian

Staff member
I'm awake, if my schedule matters that much to you, I'm a normal mountain time zone american person for the rest of the day phase. Aside from an hour or so work thing tomorrow morning, I'll be checking the thread either at home or on mobile.

I probably just missed Sorian so if we can agree to all be available from 9pm GMT (4pm EST) for like an hour that would help.

That is the easy part. If she is scum and has to vote for scum she wouldn't vote for nin who was actually playing then it is a 50/50 between Kawl and Kevyt. One of them was a lynch bomb, the other a role cop. It seems obvious where to place the vote. And the general mood of the thread was against lynching an inactive at that point.

The part that holds me back is the use of the override. IDK why she would use it as on day 2 it was mission accomplished, she had successfully voted scum but Sorian was eating the lynch. That part doesn't make sense.

Still all those flips and always coming back to Terra messing with me. Finishing with a vote on scum everyday seems off. Coupled with the fact that monkey as scum has been on the backburner for a couple of days so why is she still alive?

This isn't my question. I mean yesterday. If monkey is scum, she has like 5 town players she can get on or just 1 teammate in Terra, why does she beeline to Terra? If makes exactly 0 sense unless monkey really wants to take the hard road to win this and she doesn't seem like a showboater like me.

Ty's continued absence is giving me some feelings, I will say.

We've had inactive scum before but I highly doubt a scum Ty is purposely ghosting the thread. He's better than that. If he were my main suspect I'd be really annoyed but I think any scum reading of him is just based in inactivity.

Sorian

Staff member
Also, yes yes, everyone have an existential crisis at why they are still alive (says the guy voting for himself). You two did too much that doesn't make sense for either of you to be scum. Get off it and get to the task at hand.

Faddy

Oh yeah Sorian I mis-read your question.

Why would monkey vote Terra first? Because she had to is my theory. The issue everyone had with a scum override is that there needs to be a drawback. I'm saying that her vote must be on scum at the end of the day. That seems like a sufficient draw back.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Faddy, I swear I would kick you in the shin if we were in the same room. This is really at that level.

I mean, not hard. A frustrsatsd nudge.

Faddy

Faddy, I swear I would kick you in the shin if we were in the same room. This is really at that level.

I mean, not hard. A frustrsatsd nudge.

Ha ha ha ha.

I'm just trying to get into the diabolical mind of Ouro

El Topo

Spanish for "The Topo"
I admire your idea, Faddy, but I think it's also a longshot. Ignoring meta arguments, e.g. that the role might not fit the game or balancing reasons, I just don't see why she would use her ability like that on D2.

Sorian

Staff member
I'm ordinary.

Sorian, why do you defend me and Ty more and Topo and Faddy less?

Well first off, I'm defending you and Faddy more and Ty/Topo less so there's that.

You're confirmed town as far as I'm concerned. Sure, we can do this whole must vote scum theory and that's all well and good but the drawback has to be more public than that or it doesn't really matter.

As for Faddy, he had opportunity to easily control the vote yesterday away from Terra if he wanted to, like really easily. He was present and he did not do that.

I hope you realize your question is effectively "why do you town read some people and scum read others"

Sorian

Staff member
I'm pointing out that I think you are too deep in the rabbit hole of thinking I've been defending you all game for some grander purpose. I town read you before for the most part then you used an override. It's not really rocket science. I guess there was a game I didn't read where there was scum override that the mod regrets but otherwise, it's never scum. I've argued the same thing ad nauseam as scum (Batman) and as town (DR3), it's a stance I actually hold as a player and not something that changes on the whim of alignment.

Since we're waiting though, I'll take clarification on the other nugget, why do you think I'm defending Ty? I thought I've been very clear that my town to scum read at this point is Monkey > Faddy > Ty > Topo

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
You've pushed Ty less than you have Faddy. Granted, Faddy has done more that needs pushing.

I understand the logic behind your defense; it's been relatively consistent. But I'm asking as many questions today as i can of everyone... except Topo, because I don't have as many for him. I do have one, though. Topo: who do you think scum should have killed last night, if not Nomad?

El Topo

Spanish for "The Topo"
Nomad seems like an absolutely horrible choice. I can't even fathom why one would choose him as as the victim. It's so bad it seems almost like a meta move, like "This kill is so bad, it can't be Sorian".
To get to your question monkey, I think I already mentioned that e.g. you would have been a much better choice.

Sorian

Staff member
Faddy didn't really prove himself as town to me until yesterday. I still think he's done some weird defense of Topo throughout the game but there's only one scum left so that doesn't matter at this stage, there aren't two people covering for each other.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Do you think it's possible one of the Terra votes was a bus - or rather, that anyone would bus at this stage?

Sorian

Staff member
Would someone bus at this stage? Probably. I don't think it's good play though. Getting one more mislynch there puts town into lylo two days in a row which usually kills them just from the pressure.

The only bus that makes a little sense is Ty and that's only because of the day end confusion. I don't see why you start the train and I don't see why Faddy validates it if either of you are scum.

Sorian

Staff member
That probably was an autocorrect on possibly now that I just reread my post by the way. I'm not assuming a bus there, it's weird regardless.

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
Wait, why did the day start so early?

I thought it was 24 hours later and you were just talkative :S

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
Could've sworn the earlier nights were 48 hours...

anyway got some school. I'll read inbetween and be free after 1400 CET 8am EST

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
Very few players are able to avoid going down the wrong road, especially when a lot of players are inactive or otherwise hard to read. Like why vote Kawl instead of Bronx (me) D1? Why vote Nin instead of Nomad or Blarg D2? Why vote Terra instead of Topo D4? The only misvote is the override.

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
I'm not going the route of Faddy because of reasons. Just don't feel he's scum right now.

I don't understand myself either. The Terra lynch kinda showed me "maybe it is this easy". I struggled to find a team for Terra which got me tunneling Faddy a bit.

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
Topo's start of the day looks scummy though. Right now much of this is me sorta trying to see where this road leads me.

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
I have class now, but I'm in a really good mood, so I should be active. Especially if I get an extra caffeine dose.

Sorian

Staff member
These monkey tin foil hat theories are killing me (also super surprised both Topo or me didn't get a single mention).

Sorian

Staff member
When you get back Ty, do you want to tell us where you're at in terms of reads after the Terra flip? You came in right into conspiracy theorizing without a gentle lead in.

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
When you get back Ty, do you want to tell us where you're at in terms of reads after the Terra flip? You came in right into conspiracy theorizing without a gentle lead in.
Didn't I kinda cover that? Tinfoil-ing monkey and leading Topo.

Reading helps :thumbs up:

Sorian

Staff member
You know, I read your posts right when I woke up and for some reason I didn't register any mentions of Topo so I just saw the tinfoiling, don't mind me now that I'm more awake.

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
You know, I read your posts right when I woke up and for some reason I didn't register any mentions of Topo so I just saw the tinfoiling, don't mind me now that I'm more awake.
Lemme brew you some coffee.

If we go completely hypothetical; suppose we lose the game to scum monkey, some limitation similar to what Faddy pointed out. How would you feel?

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
*is hypothetically enjoying this conversation over a cup of coffee with Sorian*

Random thought, I like that Kark's tinfoil of Monkey/Sorian team is still hypothetically possible :P

Sorian

Staff member
Lemme brew you some coffee.

If we go completely hypothetical; suppose we lose the game to scum monkey, some limitation similar to what Faddy pointed out. How would you feel?

That it would be completely out of character from the mod who believes that the watcher role is slightly bastard.

*is hypothetically enjoying this conversation over a cup of coffee with Sorian*

Random thought, I like that Kark's tinfoil of Monkey/Sorian team is still hypothetically possible :p

Do you think it's possible that we are in lylo right now?

Sorian

Staff member
(Also hate to kill your conversation over coffee but I'm about to leave to an interview so I won't be back for like an hour or so :P)

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I am concerned we could be in lylo because I think there is some element we haven't uncovered.

I'm gonna get my computer real quick.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Question for your question, Ty: how do you feel if we lose the game because of some wild theory about a scum role that would completely unbalance the game from what we've seen flip?

The fact that you - with your suspicious votes - are also pushing this, is really unsettling.

Ty, of course sometimes I can tunnel. We are none of us above a tunnel sometimes. But this kind of deconstruction of facts and votes and rhetoric (i.e. my day job) is something I have tried in every game and this is just the first time it's worked. Helps too that I haven't let myself be led by the nose by anyone else. In DS I depended too much on Sawneeks, who appeared so reasonable, for example. When I second-guessed myself, I waited for someone else to make a compelling argument. Maybe it's the sketchy activity here, maybe it's a lack of compelling arguments, maybe because the grand counter-narrative is one I know myself to be untrue because I am town governor, but whatever the reason, all I have done is follow the votes and the facts of the game and all of that process is in the thread.

Here, though, is where it gets hard. Faddy is doing his best to get me killed without getting his hands dirty, and I don't know if that's calculated. Ty is now supporting it and has suspicious votes on some of the right people. Sorian has not-great votes, but maybe that can be explained, but boy isn't he being forthcoming by throwing himself on his sword. Topo has worked to look towny AF with his questions but he's also played about three different kinds of games and has suspicious votes.

So now, my strategies work less well, because the same calculations I have been performing throughout the game - weighing behaviors and votes - are coming out pretty equal on you guys.

Absent Kawl is scum Kawl and I hate inactivity. That was an easy vote.
I fucked up and overrode Blarg. Sorry, Blarg. It was a really bad call. I was in the car, I was talking to my friend, I was mad about continued inactivity, and Blarg was being erratic and flooding the thread with his theories, which were not, it turns out, wrong. But I made a mistake.
nin and Terra were the players who had the fewest reasons for me to think they were town. I waffled on Dusk. He had a couple of moves that made me doubt he could be scum, but all Terra had was some questions and attempts to participate, but they were calculated, not organic.

That Terra came in and landed right on Sorian could be a deflection away from Sorian. This is a concern. It could also be a way to focus on a townie he thought could get lynched; when it didn't work, he switched to Nomad.
Topo's questions about the Nomad NK could be a cover. It's a weird thing to focus on at this point but it does shift suspicion to me and Faddy in particular, away from Topo.

Faddy

If we are in lylo then it proves Sorian is scum.

I'm only here for like an hour or so then going to be afk until late into tonight because of work stuff.

The game is solved from my perspective. It's not monkey and it's not Faddy. There's a very small possibility that it is Ty but it's clearly Topo.

Faddy has his hard on though (maybe? just refreshed and saw the monkey shade).

Lynch me so you can drop the doubt nonsense, he can only kill one of you two anyway, then just get it right tomorrow.

VOTE: Sorian

Or else he would already be turbo'd

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
That it would be completely out of character from the mod who believes that the watcher role is slightly bastard.

Do you think it's possible that we are in lylo right now?
Nah, that last part is just for fun. That'd make town really underpowered with 5 scum in a 18 player game plus a double kill for scum if they lose Kawl.

Ya to that first part I guess. Topo is probably just scum, but the game has still felt weird.
Ouro is reasonably standard, but does use some weird roles IMO like scum redirect that invalidated the doctor. Scum override is a different league though I agree.

Imma try read Monkey's wall of text now.

Sorian

Staff member
Yeah, we clearly aren't in lylo, that's my point. Even if you want to believe I'm scum that would just be a ridiculously big team for this game size.

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
nin and Terra were the players who had the fewest reasons for me to think they were town. I waffled on Dusk. He had a couple of moves that made me doubt he could be scum, but all Terra had was some questions and attempts to participate, but they were calculated, not organic.
I'd like a more in-depth dusk read thankyouverymuch

He seemed fairly obvious scum to me. Doing just enough to look passable.

Sorian

Staff member
I don feel like quoting and cropping on mobile. I agree that I don't know what to make of Topo being the only one down on the Nomad kill. Gut feeling is it feels like washing his hands of being scum since he would never do that kill because he keeps going back to the point.

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
I don feel like quoting and cropping on mobile. I agree that I don't know what to make of Topo being the only one down on the Nomad kill. Gut feeling is it feels like washing his hands of being scum since he would never do that kill because he keeps going back to the point.
Topo to me just looks like town who hasn't cleared themselves. That's what bothers me.

I see play that can be scum, but doesn't seem like it should be. If that makes sense.

Faddy

So I think the plan should be we lynch Topo. Even when he is here his posts are short and lack analysis. If he is town it puts the remaining townie in a bad position in the final day. If the scum is elsewhere there will be two active town players trying to solve.

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
So I think the plan should be we lynch Topo. Even when he is here his posts are short and lack analysis. If he is town it puts the remaining townie in a bad position in the final day. If the scum is elsewhere there will be two active town players trying to solve.
Ya, I can get behind that.

What do you think of Monkey's post btw?

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
I just don't know if I trust a Topo scum read.

He made an effort post on CCS day 1, if he is scum why not just jump on the Sorian train? Why does nin jump on as well. I don't see them grouping votes especially with Kawl in the running.

He half scum reads nin on day 2 but ends up on Blarg because Blarg votes for him. His play feels too open to me.

Day 3 he votes Sorian then after no votes move he is the person to switch onto scum nin

Day 4 he is kind of nowhere and barely makes a read. Me and Ty both town read him for his previous nin interations

Day 5 he fails to tie either bus or tie the vote and refuses the early chance to jump on Sorian with me which leads to my flip to Terra
This post is good.

If you're scum you get a big big star in my book.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Topo to me just looks like town who hasn't cleared themselves. That's what bothers me.

I see play that can be scum, but doesn't seem like it should be. If that makes sense.
I agree here. I have a nagging concern. But I think I gotta go here anyway.

One sec.

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
Lol, just realized that Nomad kill also kinda makes sense since he always dropped a vote on Topo.
That can be wifomed to death, but had I been scum keeping Nomad alive would've been a no-brainer.

Sorry if you've pointed it out a million times ^_^

Faddy

Ty where do you stand on Sorian right now?

Also I can't stop thinking about Worm. If he did post a breadcrumb then it was clearly Sorian he hid behind. If he didn't then maybe he thought he was safe behind monkey

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
This will be my last longer post, I think - had to get my computer again - because I'm off to see the mother of intersectionality and I'm h y p e a f (SHE IS A LEGEND) and I dunno how my phone will be at the conference.

I don't think that's a bad write-up of Topo there because for the last couple of day phases he's been very aw shucks guys we're all in this together and trying to solve it. But he did NOT start the game that way. And while Sorian could be scum, the only really compelling argument about Sorian as scum is that he's Sorian.

Re: Dusk - the way he drew attention to his role was just not scummy, period. That was the big factor that swung me to Terra. It came down to a thin line. There were some other things, some meta, some behaviors, but that was the big thing. I don't think a scum would do that ever in that way in the game thread when they could do it in a scum thread, even an inactive one. Scum, if they wanted to ask the game, would do it after a flip.

I've said all this. It's back on previous pages. Add in that while Terra and Dusk had similar votes, Terra came in with an agenda.

I've gotta go soon. Should I go ahead and vote Topo?

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member

Also I can't stop thinking about Worm. If he did post a breadcrumb then it was clearly Sorian he hid behind. If he didn't then maybe he thought he was safe behind monkey

He mentioned too many people for that Sorian thing to be a clear breadcrumb.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I'm with you.

Ty4on

The 4 is silent

I'll have to look over him again, possibly on a computer.

He could've just thought Terra looked townie and assumed it was a safe spot. I've done that myself N1 owo

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
I've said all this. It's back on previous pages. Add in that while Terra and Dusk had similar votes, Terra came in with an agenda.
Hmm, that's true.

I'm not voting right now, but sure if you're going to be afk possibly till day end.

Sorian

Staff member
I'm still going through posts. I still honestly think you should lynch me. If the answer is Topo then great it doesn't matter but I am legitamately worried about being in lylo. I am the perfect bait for this game and it's just going to be DR3 again.

Sorian

Staff member
And yes, there are 5 of us only, if you feel like you won't be here until after day end then you should vote. Any missing vote makes this easier for scum.

Faddy

I'm still going through posts. I still honestly think you should lynch me. If the answer is Topo then great it doesn't matter but I am legitamately worried about being in lylo. I am the perfect bait for this game and it's just going to be DR3 again.

I don't like this. We have 2 chances to hit scum. You shouldn't be arguing to hit someone you know is town. It feels off. Like Rick and Morty off.

Sorian

Staff member
I don't like this. We have 2 chances to hit scum. You shouldn't be arguing to hit someone you know is town. It feels off. Like Rick and Morty off.

I don't really care if you like it. Yes, we have two chances but a three person lylo is easy to solve if you actually keep a cool head. Me being there isn't going to lead to cool heads.

Faddy

I don't really care if you like it. Yes, we have two chances but a three person lylo is easy to solve if you actually keep a cool head. Me being there isn't going to lead to cool heads.

I would take my chances with you above Topo.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Yeah, we clearly aren't in lylo, that's my point. Even if you want to believe I'm scum that would just be a ridiculously big team for this game size.

Reconcile these re: lylo please before I vote? I have approximately one hour before unknown.

Top Bottom