Spectator Thread Twilight Zone Watch Party

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
So I'll say this now and we can dissect it now or later:

The PoE they're doing is fine. The problem is that it's surface-level thinking. It's taking too much on the face and and not thinking about how the game fits together. That's hard, though. It's hard and it takes practice and often you still get it wrong. Febe got very lucky and exploited some of that luck through good play, but it's not perfect play. There are holes. We'll see if they find them.

Holding out hope for LP to do some work here. He's been putting some in but he needs some back and forth with folks.

eta: lol I also say this as the designer who knows how this fits together! But they know that something doesn't fit. They're following the obvious PoE anyway, and that's the problem.

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
Ultimately if they lose this then I won’t blame anyone. Fire’s claim seems more ‘verified’ than most through pure luck. That being said scum’s currently penciled in kills should sound the alarms. Whether they will or not I don’t know.

weemadarthur

Mad as in angry, or mad as in crazy?
If I was still in I’d probably be misled, honestly, because I expected a follower or tracker to go with the voyeur. I would have pushed to save Aeleus since I noticed their surety of what happened in N1, and commuter fit in perfectly with that, but would push VA because wow does that role claim look scummy lol.

But town could force cappy and febe to “target” the same person, and out the lie. If they worked at the plan better.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Yeah, when Febe doesn't die tonight or tomorrow night, there should be bells ringing. We'll see.

Natiko

He could play it off as others having more important roles and getting bumped off for that reason.
Don't think that would hold up to much scrutiny. None of his potential targets have any sort of real utility remaining. The question town should ask is why Cap over any of the higher town read people? No one is really talking about voting out FEP for instance. Why Cap over him?

Kopite

Quickdraw King
Maybe the better play is to kill say FEPS, and if pushed to commit a follow Febe reveals that he's out of shots, or argue that whoever he uses the power on would get NK anyway

Kopite

Quickdraw King
They didn’t ask him who he’d targeted besides Fanto, did they?
That's because he mentioned Wee was his N2 target didn't he?

Has there been a scum hypnotist role in previous games? If there's one people remember it's going to be over fast

weemadarthur

Mad as in angry, or mad as in crazy?
He claimed to target a dead player, so. That’s also a bad claim in most cases.
Granted, me dying was not a given due to circs.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
He claimed to target a dead player, so. That’s also a bad claim in most cases.
Granted, me dying was not a given due to circs.
Febe targeting you that night doesn't make much sense, tbh, unless he wants to argue a cop check... but then again, why would he want you to know you were checked? But that he HAS a claim that can be verified, that seems to be enough.

I guess the real test here is whether or not anyone raises the question of whether Febe could be the hypnotist. My concern is they'll just take LP to lunch without much discussion or rethinking. But hey! If Febe wins, that's great, too. I'm just glad it's been a pretty robust game.

Call me pessimistic, but I'm expecting scum to hit fep and town to exclude L_P within 24 hours of day start.

Edit: Forgot fep existed :P

Maybe Captain? Although Fireblend himself recognized that CN was enjoying the flavour and preferred to save a potential lunch for later. I don't think Febe knows that there's another way to recruit a teammate, but if he does, he'll be careful not to kill potential candidates. Although not knowing the mechanism would make that irrelevant I guess.

Next town target could probably be L_P.

And yeah lunch is best replacement, like "go lunch out of this thread!".

Last edited:

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
Huh where am I? Last thing I remember I was running from the cops after that robbery. But this... this is somewhere else. Looks nice, am I dead? How'd I end up here? So many people talking about me! I'm famous! this is heaven!

Captain’s bait posts the first few days were well laid, he’s a master at it.

This is what we call "playing off the top of your head"
:D

Sorry saenima.
...I really really thought Aeleus was the doc, due to their obsession with not thinking about the night save...and town reading me....so basically, I noticed the save/read change thing you did, and then attributed it to Aeleus....while thinking I wasn’t confusing the two of you, I did THE WORST.

But i gotta say.

That was hilarious. It may take more than 4 minutes for me to live that down.

Being killed was silly.
LP’s reasoning on voting makes him look scum.
Captain was softing mayor.....does he have a point or is his smugitude from some other source?

Messenger!

“Message sender” is not inherently town, why is cap hanging his hat on having a confirmed role?

It confirmed a PR! I am shocked nobody called it out though.

CaptainNuevo is assuming i had any idea at all of what that message was about or where it came from :/

Wee killed me because she confused me with someone else.

Cap killed me because he thought i was in the in-joke.

Fml

YOU RECOGNIZED IT AT SIGNUPS! THIS WAS ALL PLANNED!

Nuevo dying on D1 on his return game would be entertaining

>:(

30.png

You know I thought getting lunched would suck, that I'd be really bitter about it. But in reality I feel like I've won, I've been liberated, I'm free from the torment town must go through.

I only hope L_P can be saved like I was soon, I do not wish such madness upon him.

(What was fireblends reasoning for targeting Captain?)

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
You know I thought getting lunched would suck, that I'd be really bitter about it. But in reality I feel like I've won, I've been liberated, I'm free from the torment town must go through.
I almost never get to go to lunch. I always have to suffer through to the end. :(

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
(What was fireblends reasoning for targeting Captain?)
He literally hates fun. That's his defining characteristic. He's anti-fun. If there were an election and the two choices were "Fun" and "A thousand years of endless torture and watching your loved ones perish in front of you", I'm not saying he'd vote for the latter, but he'd probably not vote for the former.

Ah is this one of those statements you frame
Fantomas said:
Yeah, I don't want to discuss anything other than which we should do first, Vincent or LP.

Anything else is hypothetical garbage.
he's trying to do some stuff with his role/claim

which is apparently unnecessary but hey, he's thinking
That's neat, I'm happy he's invested in putting in an effort, even if it's unneeded.

Kopite

Quickdraw King
So if I get this right, Febe just needs to lynch LP tonight and VA tomorrow (which gives him an additional NK) to win? Even failing that WSD looks more suspect than he is

So if I get this right, Febe just needs to lynch LP tonight and VA tomorrow (which gives him an additional NK) to win? Even failing that WSD looks more suspect than he is
Hypothetically yes, but town should realize they gain no benefit from risking a kill on VA before LYLO. If they save his till last they can take someone else to lunch.

Fanto, remember.

It's not just you

It's all of town.

You all have done this.

(<3 you all, *hugs to town whenever you all get here*)

Poor Fanto. this is gonna break him :(

Half of me feels bad that I subbed out, other half is like "go VA"
VA got really unlucky with the hand he was dealt, he was already pretty good in GTA, but he's improved throughout the game.

If town turbos L_P before fep even posts I'll laugh.

Okay so, to do some thinking:

Maple Street Mafia- Active Players List
[he/him] Fireblend GMT-6
[he/him] Fantomas CDT
[he/him] Stuart444 GMT replaced by [he/him] Vincent Alexander GMT-6 during d1
[he/him] flatearthpandas GMT+9
[he/him] EzekelRAGE CST
[he/him] WhySoDevious GMT-6
[he/him] Lone_Prodigy EST

LP lunch -> someone dies (gonna say Fep) -> VA Lunch -> Two townies die (Gonna say Zeke and Fanto)

[he/him] Fireblend GMT-6

Febe wins

Febe needs to hammer VA tomorrow and wins.

Okay so, to do some thinking:

[he/him] Fireblend GMT-6
[he/him] Fantomas CDT
[he/him] Stuart444 GMT replaced by [he/him] Vincent Alexander GMT-6 during d1
[he/him] flatearthpandas GMT+9
[he/him] EzekelRAGE CST
[he/him] Lone_Prodigy EST

LP lunch -> someone dies (gonna say Fep) -> VA Lunch -> Two townies die (Gonna say Zeke and Fanto)

[he/him] Fireblend GMT-6

Febe wins

Febe needs to hammer VA tomorrow and wins.
No reason to not kill someone else before VA just in case their claim is real (I actually pointed this out in the game thread but not reading posts is a theme in this game)

LP -> fep dies -> Someone other than fb -> fanto dies -> VA -> Two townies die, FB wins

No reason to not kill someone else before VA just in case their claim is real (I actually pointed this out in the game thread but not reading posts is a theme in this game)

LP -> fep dies -> Someone other than fb -> fanto dies -> VA -> Two townies die, FB wins

They have the lynch order set and do not seem to want to deviate from it.

Pedro

The Last Airbender is actually a great movie
@Stuart444 You are a spectator, and have no right to influence the game by any means, much less end the day or use commands reserved for the gamerunner. You saw that Natiko and monkey both posted once the day ended, there was no reason for you to step in and end the day.

I understand you thought you could be helpful, but please never do that again. Leave the gamerunning to who's in the modchat.

Even if it's a harmless message like throwing a vote count, or answering an unrelated question asked by a player, the people in the modchat are the only ones who can interact with the game.

They have the lynch order set and do not seem to want to deviate from it.
I tried to drill it into them, I really did (even if it would lead to a scum victory)

If they go with it though a VA, WSD and Fireblend final trio would be amazing to watch

@Stuart444 You are a spectator, and have no right to influence the game by any means, much less end the day or use commands reserved for the gamerunner. You saw that Natiko and monkey both posted once the day ended, there was no reason for you to step in and end the day.

I understand you thought you could be helpful, but please never do that again. Leave the gamerunning to who's in the modchat.

Even if it's a harmless message like throwing a vote count, or answering an unrelated question asked by a player, the people in the modchat are the only ones who can interact with the game.

:( I saw Nat didn't end the day so I thought I'd help for the vote tool but w/e

also for the record, I didn't see Monkey post til after.

and if you had a problem with me answering someones question earlier in the game, you should have let me know in private instead of bringing it up later like this.

Z-beat

only here for the flavor

This list looks 1 town too long

Pedro

Again, if you're not in the modchat you can't help with running the game. It's hard for us to do our job when there's interference like that.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
No, not whatever. This is actually important. Please do not do that. It can impact the vote tool - I was JUST about to post and if we'd both posted, we'd have to fix the vote tool.

Natiko

also for the record, I didn't see Monkey post til after.

and if you had a problem with me answering someones question earlier in the game, you should have let me know in private instead of bringing it up later like this.
No one’s mad at you or anything - we all recognize you were just doing it to be helpful. It can just fuck with the vote tool if Monkey had also tried to post the day end, that’s actually why I didn’t use the official command since I didn’t know when she would pop up and I wanted the tool to be able to point to her post (the previous day she had explicitly said she would be away at that time). Plus it can cause some unneeded questions seeming a previous player in the game doing it and all that. I appreciate the sentiment, just best avoided when you’re not actively in the modchat is all.

Edit: Just going to say maybe take a step back and calm down before getting vitriolic.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
But perhaps we should not have this discussion in the spec thread if it needs to continue.

Z-beat

only here for the flavor
I tried to drill it into them, I really did (even if it would lead to a scum victory)

If they go with it though a VA, WSD and Fireblend final trio would be amazing to watch

There are 6 left, right? Whoever he NKs will leave 5, killing VA leaves 4 and the two resulting NKs leaves two players. Wouldn't that mean a loss if VA dies?

There are 6 left, right? Whoever he NKs will leave 5, killing VA leaves 4 and the two resulting NKs leaves two players. Wouldn't that mean a loss if VA dies?
FB kills one, 5 left, town lunch Zeke for example, 4 left, FB kills another, 3 left, they kill VA, FB wins

They get another day phase if they don't kill VA tommorow.

Z-beat

only here for the flavor
So if that's the case then killing VA tomorrow should end it. The double night phase only leaves two players

This is crazy, it isn't common to have days ending this fast right? I guess post requirements don't apply.

Outright cheering for Fireblend now, he has town credibility and the double-night could be the end for the other players.

By the way, does a role like the one Fireblend is claiming even exist? (Like, targeting a person that will get a notification detailing night actions on them)
What would be that role's name?

By the way, does a role like the one Fireblend is claiming even exist? (Like, targeting a person that will get a notification detailing night actions on them)
He's claiming he's a 'follower maker', not sure if such a role exists though.

Natiko

I’ve never seen one that works as he described but it essentially is granting someone a temporary voyeur power which isn’t an impossible role.

He's claiming he's a 'follower maker', not sure if such a role exists though.

I’ve never seen one that works as he described but it essentially is granting someone a temporary voyeur power which isn’t an impossible role.

Hum, so ideally it's not impossible, but also weird. Don't think they'll realize it now tho, they don't seem willing to reconsider old stuff.

Pedro

This is crazy, it isn't common to have days ending this fast right? I guess post requirements don't apply.

Yeah, that's a rare occurrence. We usually see this happening on the final day, when the Mafia team wants to end the day phase as fast as possible to secure their victory.
And yep, post requirements don't apply in that case.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member

Outright cheering for Fireblend now, he has town credibility and the double-night could be the end for the other players.
Usually this kind of thing doesn’t happen in a shorter game. I’m amazed that, right after killing two scum, town is just hurling turbos around. They should be energized.

I know I said I wouldn't be bitter, but if Zeke is converted and wins, I'll be slightly miffed

I'm glad some of them have figured out that VA isn't the best idea right now though.

EDIT: Also VA figuring out to look into who first suggested the order is the best idea town has had in a while.

turmoil7

Imperial Corps Commander Who Cheers the Army
Oh there is only 5 left, I thought there was 6, he can only be lunched by majority :(

Top Bottom