Spectator Thread Home away from hell

Oh boy, I absolutely buy everything from Aeleus. Also rac playing along like he did.

Febe is scum #1. Now for the connections

rac, kits, Aeleus and probably Mao as town.
Febe is scum.

In between we have Zeke, Stan, Melon, Sparks and Swamped.

This means... Sparks is scum. At least it's more likely than not.

I think there is a high chance of scum between Swamped and Stan.

Zeke gets pushed down the suspicion ladder. He could've used the Febe push to get town cred for something that might not end in a lunch, but I think he's looking townie.

Melon though. What is her deal this game? She lashed out at Swamped and had some interaction with Stan on the last page. Did she ever talk with Febe?

When Sparks had 3 votes, Stan unvotes nin bringing him from 4 to 3 and Swamped goes Kopite 2 to 3. Both actions look like they are not scum with Sparks. Is Sparks scum though?

Febe saved him D1, but why the sudden vote today, when Febe was under fire? Save face? Or trying to end the discussion about the d1 votes with Spark flipping town?

What about Febe/Stan/Melon. Mhm let's look.

Edit: Sorry about the 5 million posts in a row

@Fantomas You're sleeping through it. AGAIN

Last edited:

cabot

Why.
visualisation of kits ramblings:

my-job-here-is-done-but-you-didnt-do-anything-30101529.png

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Aeleus said:
Also in case anyone hasn't realized my claim is a legit version of what fanto fake claimed in conspiracy mafia
Kitsunelaine said:
I also believe that Aeleus designed it based around "what fanto fake claimed in conspiracy mafia" in order to have more ground to stand on
Aeleus said:
A) I'm a cop, with an ability that fantomas was already invested in and thus likely to be included
Kitsunelaine said:
C) You remembered something from a past game and decided to incorperate it into your lie in order to make it more believable
5BmfOko.gif

cabot

Why.
tbh Aeleus bringing that up as a reason for their claim was pretty bad.

Don't use weird gamerunner meta for your defense.

edited correct pronoun in.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Stantastic said:
now if we really want to get in on the conspiracy thoughts, its much more feasible that this is a gambit by Aelus alone, who is perhaps some for of scum messenger, thats using rac to make this cop claim in the hopes that if FB turns up town he can maybe take the fall?

actually no, i dont think he would really have any reason to be the one looked at as the evildoer in that scenario right?
This is literally, LITERALLY, what happened in Conspiracy Mafia when I sent Faddy a fake red check on Melon and Town killed them both before me lmao.

Is scum considering an SK? If no then they're definitely killing Aeleus, I just hope Swamped plays it smart and doesn't also go for Aeleus

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Is scum considering an SK? If no then they're definitely killing Aeleus, I just hope Swamped plays it smart and doesn't also go for Aeleus
Scum Spoilers
Zeke seems to be starting to realize now that the Miller claim is fake, yeah. He made a note in Scum chat that Swamped could be lying. He wants to push for her during the day.

They have been worried that there is a third party faction, but they seemed to be thinking it would be a Cult or a second Scum team I guess.

Scum Spoilers
Zeke seems to be starting to realize now that the Miller claim is fake, yeah. He made a note in Scum chat that Swamped could be lying. He wants to push for her during the day.

They have been worried that there is a third party faction, but they seemed to be thinking it would be a Cult or a second Scum team I guess.
Interesting, I still think they will shoot Aeleus though

Universal Backup 1 Shot. And the doc died N1. Ah, Kopite was the first lynch? Well, maybe scum gave it more than one thought

How very twisty! I'll never trust your rants again Fireblend.

Ever since her fake claim, Kitsunelaine can sound like she wants mafia to win at times. But I trust she'll do better next phase.

With all those claims and two less players, it should be far easier to catch meanies tomorrow.

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
Holy crap a lot happened while I was asleep. Have to say I'm pretty proud of myself for guessing that Fireblend is scum (And i did it without looking at the spoilers I have read too) though I will say his claim is an interesting one.

Only a few people have commented on it so I'm interested what the others will say about it.

Either way the best way to find out of Aeleus is lying or not is by killing Fireblend so let's do this. :hammer:(Sorry mentor :o)

Also my reaction to Kits for a while there: :alpha:

Last edited:

lokiduck

Zeke has an interesting point. :pikathink:

I wish I had learned there were emojis on here sooner these are a lot of fun.

Maybe it's because I know that Sparks is scum, but come on they aren't even considering him? Crazy, swamped will probably kill Melon now since Mao and Stan are on towns radar, scum kills Aeleus.

lokiduck

Maybe it's because I know that Sparks is scum, but come on they aren't even considering him? Crazy, swamped will probably kill Melon now since Mao and Stan are on towns radar, scum kills Aeleus.
Yeah I really do not get why no one is suspicious of Sparks at all. The dude has been hella weird (even more so than normal) and everyone is giving him a pass.

Assuming what I previously said happens. 4-2-1, if town mislynches Mao and scum doesn't shoot swamped/they don't shoot the same person then it's 1-2-1, so it's over. Town cannot afford to Mislynch and I hope they realize that when another 2 kill night happens, you just don't lynch Mao in Mylo

lokiduck

My only hope for tomorrow is that now it has been revealed the mafia team is the Vortex club, that they'll realize "Oh hey maybe max isn't scum because she's not part of that right?" It's my only hope right now.

lokiduck

What's nice about this is after the game I can attribute either town's or scum's win to me being lunched. ABLF works both ways :D
You played a very good game. Something about your posts was a bit off to me, but other wise you were doing pretty good.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
That janitor shot sounded interesting.
Yes, there were some interesting ways that it could have been used.

With the Snitch role in play, they could have killed the Snitch early, got a Role Cop shot from them, and then used their Janitor shot on the person whose role they already knew, making it so Town has less info than them. They also could have blindly hit the Snitch with the Janitor shot and received a random Role Cop shot without knowing where it came from, and Town wouldn't know they got it either. Also, the Coroner wouldn't be able to target the person who was Janitor killed since there would be no body left behind for them to check.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Also, for the people wondering "Janitor and Ninja?"

Janitor: As in the character that Fireblend claimed as, Samuel, one of the red herrings in the mystery story that is Life is Strange.

Ninja: Max Caulfield, aka, The Blackwell Ninja.

Janitor. Ninja. Life is Strange.

Pedro

The Last Airbender is actually a great movie
My only hope for tomorrow is that now it has been revealed the mafia team is the Vortex club, that they'll realize "Oh hey maybe max isn't scum because she's not part of that right?" It's my only hope right now.
Flavor does not mean alignment, I will keep repeating this xD

Flavor does not mean alignment, I will keep repeating this xD
True but if Max is not part of the Vortex club in the game(I haven't played it), then it's fair to assume Mao is not scum. Because of consistency in the flavor. Also it can't even be a fakeclaim since this power makes sense for Max to have.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
True but if Max is not part of the Vortex club in the game(I haven't played it), then it's fair to assume Mao is not scum. Because of consistency in the flavor.
Yeah, now that they can see that Scum's flavor is The Vortex Club, anyone who has played the game should feel safe assuming this.

The fun part is that there are still characters on Town that are technically part of the Vortex Club, but just don't take part in any of their shady activities, like Dana and Juliet. So the claims people provide are not going to 100% clear them in all cases, but a character like Max who used that power, I would say they are pretty clear now.

lokiduck

Yeah, now that they can see that Scum's flavor is The Vortex Club, anyone who has played the game should feel safe assuming this.

The fun part is that there are still characters on Town that are technically part of the Vortex Club, but just don't take part in any of their shady activities, like Dana and Juliet. So the claims people provide are not going to 100% clear them in all cases, but a character like Max who used that power, I would say they are pretty clear now.

Oh right so that means Kits might look more suspect now that she has claimed as Juliet.

Pedro

True but if Max is not part of the Vortex club in the game(I haven't played it), then it's fair to assume Mao is not scum. Because of consistency in the flavor. Also it can't even be a fakeclaim since this power makes sense for Max to have.
And why does the flavor have to be consistent? Fanto could have written his own AU where Max is in the Vortex Club. What I'm saying is that people shouldn't rely on flavor just because it makes sense compared to the original product, gamerunners can easily do the opposite if they want to.

edit: or to be more succinct, flavor being related to the design should never be taken for granted, most people here just do it that way.

And why does the flavor have to be consistent? Fanto could have written his own AU where Max is in the Vortex Club. What I'm saying is that people shouldn't rely on flavor just because it makes sense compared to the original product, gamerunners can easily do the opposite if they want to.

edit: or to be more succinct, flavor being related to the design should never be taken for granted, most people here just do it that way.
I mean sure but, Occams razor. What's more likely?

Pedro

I'm not saying your first thought should be "Max can't be Town", but that it's not wrong to wait before 100% accepting she's Town because it "makes sense".

Welcome! You had me totally fooled, thinking that the arguments for your case were weak and all that.

That janitor shot sounded interesting.
You played a very good game. Something about your posts was a bit off to me, but other wise you were doing pretty good.
Thanks! It was fun to play. It's a shame I got hit by the cop, think I could've survived another day at least but that's mafia :D

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Thanks! It was fun to play. It's a shame I got hit by the cop, think I could've survived another day at least but that's mafia :D
Aeleus submitted that check on you within like a minute of N2 starting lol.

I had your flip pre-typed at day start. :P

The thing about Mao is he shouldn't be townread because of flavour, but because of his actions? His whole gambit was to create reactions and jumpstart the game. Especially the resolution felt logical. This is my power, that was my plan, now look at how everyone behaved. I'm not saying it was a good gambit, and he probably hoped it would be more helpful, but it is what it is.

Melon accuses him of not being involved and shallow. But he has made it a point to respond to every single topic that came up. It may only have been a few sentences, but I'm certain that you can find his opinion on any issue (i.e. rac's claim, bomb talk, miller claim, etc.) He's voicing everything in a concise way. What I'm missing is a tangible scumhunting effort, but maybe melon will turn out to be just that.

He's not 100% cleared townie, but I'd worry over him as the last scum and we still got some way to go to there. I'd wish people would ask more of his opinion, so you'd get some more interactions.

Edit: Of course there was also the suspicious inaction EoD1, but that could be a different MO.

Wait I should spoiler this

Should I?

Oh well.

Yeah I really don't understand how anyone could be scumreading mao right now. Maybe my vortex club flavor is going to give them pause like mentioned above but it's ridiculous that that has to be the ultimate deciding factor.

@Fireblend you did good. Town wasn't really looking your way (well, apart from the cop d'uh). For me, you've been a tad too confident in your reads and you lacked in scumhunting. It didn't feel right, not sincere. Also that EoD1 would've never happened that way if you were town. 10 out of 10 times you ping Mao at least one more time and ask him to change directly, but you didn't. You also didn't want to decide the lynch on your own. Calling it a terrible EoD was just the icing.

Furthermore you tend to react more strongly/emotional to criticism. I don't remember you being this snarky as town:
Fireblend said:
And I apologize for not going for the optimal-in-retrospect strategy, 30 seconds before day end, while caring only about breaking the tie and being frustrated about other people's inaction.

Lol thanks for the feedback. Yeah, should've pinged mao or made that want more apparent. I actually didn't expect that tiebreaker to come back to bite me like that, so if it was a scum play it was an unconscious one haha.

Damn I loved that snarky reply. I regret nothing.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
So is there any night actions update?
Yes! I just got some in a little bit ago.

Night Actions:
The SK is killing Mao.

Scum is killing Aeleus.

The only other player left with a night action is the Town Coroner, and they have not used it yet.

I don't understand why swamped is going for mao. But I guess if they go for stan tomorrow that's enough for them to lose

some rambling:
It's time to figure out the rest of scum. My instincts tell me Sparks + Melon look like a reasonable team.
I feel good about Zeke, the casual two posts about hider + response from Febe could be fake, but I don't think so (1301-1303). The fact that he was suspicious of Febe after D1, but didn't really push him, leaves some doubt. And you always have some doubt in these games. There was some ganging up on kits from Febe + Zeke, was that intentional?

Swamped has a lower impact on the game, she's around and seems to be working with whatever time she has. The problem is I know she's great as scum. I'd still give her lower priority.

Now why would Scum!Stan talk himself out of a Nin and Mao lynch D1? Already planning to get them later? The chill response to Mao's gambit was untypically. Scum playing it cool?

Sparks is unreadable, comes in throws some words around and leaves.

Melon was very antagonistic all game. No matter who she talks with.

Reread is necessary, especially interactions. It's possible that Fireblend lacked discussion with his partners in thread.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
If you wanna go open spoilers go for it btw, just give a warning please :)
As long as no one is hella against it, I will probably go open spoilers once this day phase starts.

And just so hopefully everyone sees this:

Planning to go open spoilers at the start of the day

Let me know if anyone really doesn't want open spoilers yet though, otherwise yeah I'm probably gunna do that since we'll be getting low on remaining players pretty soon here.
Any changes to the night actions?
Nope, still the same.

turmoil7

Imperial Corps Commander Who Cheers the Army
my bet here is that swamped is killing town so that scum remains a danger to town and so sparks is lunched rather than go skhunting this phase

lokiduck

I'm fine with spoilers at this point as i have been clicking on a few of them for a bit now, and in general i think i have figured out who is who at this point.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
No change on the night actions, so the ones I posted earlier are the final ones.

I have a pre-typed post (no shit) ready to go with the full spoilers for in here once the day starts, so this is the last call for all #SickReads.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Also, I decided to ask the deceased from this night phase if they wanted to join spec early, so you may get spoiled on who died tonight if they show up.

this is the last call for all #SickReads.

Can't re-read right now to get data to back any of this, so bad, quick and mostly meta-based reads;

Town
Aeleus
: unless that was the bussing of the season this is obvious.
Mao: as Pedro said you can never discount the chance, but both the power and the flavor clear him in my opinion.
Kitsunelaine: this was kind of a spoiler with the whole snitch thing. I don't think she'll get night-killed considering she'll be suspected today, but if the eventual night-vig still has a shot it could happen.
rac: loving rac this game. High impact factor, he's been making good points without huge posts.

Swamped: she had more of a presence in earlier days, but always sounded reasonable. That doesn't clear her, but if I was playing I wouldn't vote there yet. Then there's the claim too.
EzekelRAGE: Zeke always looks suspicious to me, but so far he's been acting normal and even pushed Fireblend a bit last phase. Then again mafia!Zeke bussed hard last game.

melonrabbit: I believe this is my first time reading melonrabbit and she looks a bit too reactive. Unsure here considering it could be just a playstyle thing.
Stantastic: as has been said, Stan reads a bit too calm and collected for my liking. It may be him trying something a bit different though, as Ms. Bird pointed out.

Funky Dude Sparks: Sparks is always a hard read for me with such a crazy playstyle. But this lunch has been postponed for days now. Like come on.
Mafia

Last edited:

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Welcome, Aeleus!
First time I've been night killed, wahoo!
You did good! The gambit to get your check out in the open was maybe a bit risky, and definitely sent poor Rac on an emotional roller coaster ride while you were asleep, but it all worked out well in the end at least haha.

Forgot about sparks, no way they're town.

Day end got me into a life is strange mood so I played episode 1, had a good time but my major take away is that 'to all of you' is one of the most lame yet most catchy songs I've ever heard.

The gambit to get your check out in the open was maybe a bit risky, and definitely sent poor Rac on an emotional roller coaster ride while you were asleep, but it all worked out well in the end at least haha.
I feel bad about it but I just couldn't risk it, on the plus side his reaction basically green checked him ;)

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Day end got me into a life is strange mood so I played episode 1, had a good time but my major take away is that 'to all of you' is one of the most lame yet most catchy songs I've ever heard.
Yay!

And yes, the soundtrack is hella catchy.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
EzekelRAGE: Zeke always looks suspicious to me, but so far he's been acting normal and even pushed Fireblend a bit last phase. Then again mafia!Zeke bussed hard last game.
Always be lynching Fireblend, always be suspecting Zeke when he's on a scum vote. And his posts around Febe were all over the place. If anyone really analyzes the things he says, he's toast, but I don't know if anyone will.

Just caught up, loved the EOD. hahaha.

Prediction for scum (yes I saw the open spoiler thing but the day hasn't started yet so...)

Febe/Zeke/Sparks/Melon

I already read earlier about Swamped so I excluded them from the above prediction. If I didn't know, I may have put them where I put Melon

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Ok, so as I said, we will now be going OPEN SPOILERS in here from now on!

There are also spoilers for Life is Strange itself within the flavor, I'm sorry to anyone who hasn't played yet, but that's just how we decided to design the game.

We are in a 4 Town, 2 Mafia, 1 Neutral SK scenario here.

The Town:
Rac - 1-Shot Watcher, out of shots (Warren Graham)
Stantastic - 1-Shot Coroner (Dana Ward)
Kitsunelaine - Snitch (Juliet Watson)
Melonrabbit - Ordinary (Alyssa Anderson)

Rac targeted Vere on N1, but didn't see anyone visit him because Fireblend used the Ninja shot to kill Vere. However, at first he targeted Maolfunction, which is who Scum were roleblocking, but he later switched to Vere. So Rac's N1 instincts were to target one of Scum's two night targets with his one Watch shot. He is really good.

The Coroner can target a dead player to learn the flavor name of their killer. Yes, Stan is essentially a flavor cop for the second game in a row. :P

The Snitch does what Kits said it does. If she dies at night, her killer will learn the name and role of a random Town player. It was most effective early in the game, hence her apparently trying to get herself voted out for most of the game so far unfortunately.

Melon is the lone Vanilla, womp womp.

----------

The Mafia:
EzekelRAGE - Godmother (Victoria Chase)
Funky Dude Sparks - 2-Shot Roleblocker, out of shots (Taylor Christensen)

Mafia fake claims:
1-Shot Vig
Roleblocker
Restless Spirit

Mafia fake flavor claims:
Samuel Taylor
Daniel DaCosta
Rachel Amber

Zeke is planning to claim as Rachel Amber the Restless Spirit, and he has already breadcrumbed it in the thread. He is playing soooo good this game, he is one of the scariest Scums around, I love watching him do his thing in there.

Godmother is the same as a Godfather, I just changed the name to suit Victoria. If Zeke were to have been targeted by the Cop, the results would have said he was Town.

They roleblocked Mao on N1 because they thought he might be a Vig (and they apparently didn't see their fake claims... :P), but that didn't do anything since he had a day ability. Then they blocked Rac on N2 because they realized from his claim that he was likely a Watcher and they didn't know if he had any shots left, but he did not.

So, they didn't successfully block anyone, but I think their targets were well justified based on the info they had to work with; they weren't blind shots, they put thought into those targets.

----------

The Serial Killer:
Swamped - Neutral Serial Killer, 1-Shot BP Vest (Mark Jefferson)
Needs to be alive with only 1 Town and 1 Mafia, or less, to win.

Fake claim:
Hawt Dawg Man, the Miller.

Swamped did not submit a kill on N1. However, we can all join together and make Verelios feel better by pretending that she targeted Melonrabbit, which is who Vere protected on N1. :P

She killed Malus on N2, simply because Malus did not believe her Miller claim at all lol. She then killed Mao last night, I believe because she was specifically trying to not hit Scum.

----------

Overall, one of the main themes of the design was X-Shot roles, with the Motivator having a chance to possibly give any of them an extra shot. Unfortunately, the Motivator died without doing that, so the shots were limited for the best PRs on both Town and Scum.

Town are in a rough spot here tbh, but it was always going to be about effective PR use and/or just good old fashioned scum hunting in the first couple of days in order to get them in a good position in the later days. The Watcher getting countered by the Ninja shot on N1, the Hider/Doctor going out on D1/N1, and the Motivator not using their shot all definitely hurt them here for sure.

Scum seems a bit weak at first glance, but remember that there was the chance for a bonus kill if they hit the Hider's target, the Snitch being helpful if killed early, as well as the SK possibly helping by shooting Town at night with them. Scum was always going to need to lay low early and avoid/block/kill the best PRs, and I think they did that the best they could here, especially with Fireblend's choice to use the Ninja shot on N1 on Vere, who turned out to be the Doctor, since that paid off huge for them.

The SK seems a bit OP at first glance, but remember that they could have been voted out on D1 and become a complete non-factor, the Watcher could have seen them kill someone, the Cop's results would say Not Town on them, there was some protection on Town for them to run into, and their win con of being alive with just 1 Town and 1 Mafia, or less, is not easy. I kind of feel weird about giving them the Miller claim now just seeing Town's and Scum's reactions to it, but it was always up to them if they wanted to use it. Fireblend came up with his own role claim, I didn't tell Scum that Universal Backup was a safe claim, so it's always up to the player at the end of the day with that stuff.

----------

Now we just sit back and see what happens, anyone can still win, and it should hopefully be an exciting finish!

Top Bottom