Scum Thread Galeem's Minions

Muffin

is being held hostage by Sammi
I looked it up, three people plus one possible recruitment. Other mafia team might be possible depending on how many neutrals there are, but I wouldn't be sure about it

Muffin

For some reason I thought we had an hour more, the time I haven't played mafia shows

Muffin

Well this is going bad already. Welp.

Also I don't think I have the time to participate in the event. @Swamped you can try if you have time, but you don't have to. The event doesnt say what the punishment is.

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
I would assume so...

@Swamped, is that right? Also need to tell you that Wee is going to be coming for your neck today so be prepared for that.

I am READY! Although from my town POV that will be very out of left field lol.

Sucks that Vere died. Wonder if it has something to do with the gossip chat. Could be like a cop role, if you get invited and are scum you die.

Yeah I thought about changing to poison but the night actions were locked already... No worries, will use it tonight if I survive. And I don't expect town to do the right thing and actually lunch me. Town gonna town.

Regarding the refunded shot - may not necessarily be a bad thing. Hmmm. Mayhap a gambit comes to mind.

Were there lots of vanilla town roles in the previous game?

I still think the possibility of a second scum team is high, maybe a cult that can recruit. Otherwise we would be able to kill every night.

Muffin

I am READY! Although from my town POV that will be very out of left field lol.

Sucks that Vere died. Wonder if it has something to do with the gossip chat. Could be like a cop role, if you get invited and are scum you die.

Yeah I thought about changing to poison but the night actions were locked already... No worries, will use it tonight if I survive. And I don't expect town to do the right thing and actually lunch me. Town gonna town.

Regarding the refunded shot - may not necessarily be a bad thing. Hmmm. Mayhap a gambit comes to mind.

Were there lots of vanilla town roles in the previous game?

I still think the possibility of a second scum team is high, maybe a cult that can recruit. Otherwise we would be able to kill every night.
There was only one vanilla player in the whole game.

Also btw I think I'm gonna announce that I lost the item, might get some town cred for being forthcoming.

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
Sounds good.

Reason I asked about VT is because you can only copy a town player with a compatible role. So you'll be unsuccessful of you target neutrals... Of course, you'd be unsuccessful if you targeted a town passive role too, but two of those are out in the open now (loki and Chuggs). Just wondering if we can somehow play this as a cop role if one of us gets in trouble (probably me lol)

Muffin

Yeah @Swamped if you get backed into a corner on this lynch and cant get out otherwise, just think of a role that involves being able to check someone and say Faddy is non-town. Claim needs to be believable though, else theyre just gonna lynch you and Faddy will get towncred because scum tried to frame him

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
Maybe Gogo from FF6 who can "mimic" ally actions? I'll say that if I hit a VT/passive townie, I get an extra vote instead (copying their ability to vote).

I'll have more time later to post more in thread.

I have to claim right off the bat with the red check for it to be believable though. #yolo

Let's go down in style.

(Actually, I think you're pretty safe even if I get lunched, since there is quite a bit of distance between us)

Muffin

Do you want to claim a copy ability? I don't think that's necessary, I would have to think of a new fakeclaim then too. Maybe better think of a jack of all trades role, and one shot investigation is part of it or something.

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
Do you want to claim a copy ability? I don't think that's necessary, I would have to think of a new fakeclaim then too. Maybe better think of a jack of all trades role, and one shot investigation is part of it or something.

Yeah that's true. I can do that. Do you think Terra is in the game already? In a previous FF mafia game I was Terra and a cop lol.

Muffin

Also you dont need to claim your character name right away, only if they ask you

Muffin

I would also take care of knowing beforehand what you say if they ask you the exact wording of the cop result you got back from Faddy. Since you were a cop before, you probably remember how the normal wording is, I don't right now off the bat. Probably town/anti-town or something like that. Better look it up if you can.

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
Yes, indeed.

It is down now. I realized that if I were a REAL cop, I wouldn't lead with that, because that would get me NK'ed. I'll wait for them to tease it out of me.

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
I'm not going to comment/vote on the aeleus or LP sitch at all, so after I die it can look like I was protecting one of them

Muffin

I wouldn't wait too long with your claim of having redchecked Faddy though, it doesn't seem like the votes on you are gonna disappear today tbh, which is a bad situation. If you claim too late they won't believe you and think you're framing Faddy.

Just if you claim, only your role first, character name only if they ask.

I'm not going to comment/vote on the aeleus or LP sitch at all, so after I die it can look like I was protecting one of them
Probably good. Also it seems like LP wants to defend you a bit, which I might be able to use later.

Muffin

Eh nevermind it doesnt seem completely impossible for them to move off of you. Or said better its only 5 votes, there are more people who might now vote you. So you might still have some leeway with that claim.

Muffin

Questions right now is, do I push further on LP or go for Aeleus maybe. I set this situation off, and Fran correctly noticed that I was trying to steer the discussion away a bit. Do I push LP and commit, or do I back off. I think the latter might seem worse later, especially after that post from Fran.

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
I say push, might help you sow some seeds for the next day phase.

lol sorry I got us in this situation :P Some games it clicks, but some games it's hard to find my footing as scum. And I always feel like people tend to overscrutinize my posts, even when I hardly do anything (that's in other games I've been in)

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
Gonna take a break from the game and come back later to claim. I think I will have to. I might be saved even without a claim, but it will be close.

Was thinking of complicating the role a bit. 2-shots at investigating. But I have to choose two players, and if one of them is scum the result returns as a red check. But if both are scum or both are town, it returns as a green check. I kinda like this lol, may as well give town something to really ponder on. I want to say I checked both Brazil and Faddy since they were on my train and got a red check back. Out of the two, I think Faddy is the more likely scum, and I have posts to back that.

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
Why does Fando keep saying you're going to eat him or kill him or absorb him or whatever? So odd lol

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
ah I see.

Sorry I've been a bit awol, apparently the secretary of energy wants to have lunch with me?! lol. So things at work got busy, but I'll try my best to keep playing

Muffin

I kind of think you missed the window to claim, claiming red check on Faddy now might have the opposite effect and they dont believe you and afterwards see that you flip scum, so think Faddy is not scum at last.

Question right now is: 1. Do you want to claim? It's up to you, I really dont know whats the right move here. 2. Do I bus you or go for Aeleus?

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
I don't think I should claim now. I still feel I have a chance though~

And BUS BUS BUS all the way. Ride that train. I think it will look good later

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
I still have my vote and I think AB will not vote for me. Ket might. We'll, see, there are still some straggling votes

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
Yes that's good! You'll have to be on your own after this :( but I'm hoping there's sufficient distance between us since you could have saved me and didn't.

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
Man, I should claim but it's going to look so awkward now with Faddy and his double vote. No wonder you couldn't copy him. Only very rarely does scum get that role. I think if anything there will be more votes on me, but hey I'm getting voted out anyway and may as well architect some chaos on the way out lol.

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
I don't think I should claim at all actually. Will put you in a better position if people start overthinking and believe I was "bussing" Faddy.

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
You got this bro. It's a tough situation, just pretend you're now a neutral survivor lol. good luck!

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
I'd probably kill Fran or Brazil. Even Loki hasn't done much but a doctor might still be on her. Fanto might be protected to. Regarding who to copy...AB lol, you'll be untargetable (if he's telling the truth about his second ability). Otherwise, Fanto? You want to avoid potential scum right because your power won't work?

Muffin

I'll think of somebody to kill but I also need to think of a way to survive against that name check. I wonder if my fake claim is in his three name list.

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
bah, yeah, there are games like this when it seems like scum has been truly overpowered. Just a series of tough coincidences that we can't truly fight back against.
Regarding the name...yeah that's a tough one. Better stick with the fakeclaim and hope for the best. All for one is clearly a baddie right? Not too familiar with MHA.

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
Heart...pounding...

You did it! and I think you're in a pretty good position for next day phase!!

Muffin

I hope I can pull through for a while. Sorry that we couldn't find a way to save you

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
NAhhhhh I was a lost cause :D

It's a bit of a relief. I feel like I flounder in big games like this. Only disappointed I let you guys down. Wish I had had a chance to interact more with events and items and stuff but that's life lol.

Muffin

I'm thinking of killing Wee. They are pretty good at reading people and I feel they can get critical of me fast, at least thats what happened today, I bet its gonna continue tomorrow even if my acting convinced some people just now.

For Copy I kind of want to copy Sorian. I think other than what Swamped said I would only get the investigative ability from AB. And copying Sorian after he was stealing abilities in HvV feels fitting.

Muffin

Can I btw lie about what a mod supposedly told me? So if they want to know my role, and I tell them about the Copy, and I for example say I targeted loki N1 and got refunded and did that because Geno wouldn't tell me if loki is a valid target or not - is that allowed?

Muffin

I'll go to sleep now, I hope I make it to the next day and don't get caught by some town vig or neutral.

Good night, I'll be going too.

I'll catch your question tomorrow, but the short answer: yes, you can lie about what we supposedly told you

Muffin

Thanks, I hope my fakeclaim worked. Good that I came back yesterday as late as I did, because in hindsight if I had read what AB said before he revealed he had 3 names, I would have thought that his ability was finding out the franchise somebody belongs to and would have used an MHA character instead of Megaman.

Muffin

You won the blackjack, that says something, keep fighting!
I probably exhausted all my luck on that. I got bored and tried to google how to calculate the probability of getting an 21 twice with your rules, but didnt find out.

Muffin

Oh, and to answer this question: No, the two names aside from Megaman were from My Hero Academia (I had no idea who they were and had to look them up).
... @Geno is the second MHA character the fakeclaim I thought about using? That would be hilarious.

Muffin

My working theory is I got the virus from targeting Wee or Sorian. Gonna blame it on Sorian who I tried to Copy. He was already pushing against the existence of the virus out of the gate.

Muffin

At least I get a breather with the thunderdome.

Unless a vig shoots me or I get NKed. How could that ever happen! Nothing bad ever happens, hahahaha

Muffin

I better try to be halfway honest and cause as much confusion as possible as opposed to lying low. I'd just get lynched at some point for it.

Muffin

Ha, Faddy is helping me big time here. He's totally right, Vere and Swamped had fakeclaims in their series, while I used one outside of my series.

Muffin

Additional abilities will help me in the long run and using strongkill just because its an uneven night is a bit of a waste.

COPY: Brazil

Your new ability is:
Twice in the game in a day, you can select 2 players with the command CONNECT:NAME1, NAME2. Those 2 players will share a chat during the following night. (1 player can be yourself but only for 1 of the 2 shots)
Twice in the game in a night, you can view 2 messages from a chat created with the command HACK.
You have 1 shot left.

Muffin

Time to make my claim watertight by greenchecking somebody

One more greencheck to get rid of later, but eh, there is enough time. Immediate survival matters now.

Top Bottom