Spectator Thread Secret Tunnel, Yeah!

Pedro

The Last Airbender is actually a great movie
Something incredible happened and it kills me I can't talk about it.

edit: and no, it's not what turm said in spoilers back there

Last edited:

Fanto

Confirmed Town
If Scum forgot to send in the kill, then I think Natiko is Town because he wouldn't have let that happen.

Salva and... who else is alive still? Zipped and Z-Beat, one of them.

turmoil7

Imperial Corps Commander Who Cheers the Army
guess 2 incredible thing:

there is a town RB who RBed the SK shooting scum down

turmoil7

alignment of a player

I hope Salva's power, if any, is something fantastic and not a boring old vengeful

turmoil7

Did he threw a vote yesterday, at least to prove he couldn't vote?

please don't use the gamerunners like this

Don't (purposefully) break a imposed restriction

Yeah I sort of feel like this is one of the rare times where a no lynch is appropriate. Admittedly I haven't followed the thread closely the last couple days, but are the arguments against Zipped really so strong that town is willing to kill him over this?

turmoil7

I think that hadn't been for the thunderdome this day would had been zipped/salva/natiko with a side of monkey/tearable

So zipped would had been under contention regardless, what this changed is that he pissed everyone aiming at someone else than him

turmoil7

lesson: if you are one of the most scumreaded players, don't thunderdome one of the most townreaded ones

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I just wanted to say that I've been playing Disco Elysium again lately, and it just clicked in my head that the main character is an Amnesiac Cop! No wonder I like this game so much! :P

On topic though, from what I gather, there is a Thunderdome going on today and it sounds like Zipped is not long for this world? I'm trying to not check Era very much right now, I couldn't go cold turkey but I'm trying to only check in the mornings and evenings now, and I don't want to get sucked into reading a Mafia game all day.

If Zipped is Town, then I still think Scum is Salva + another lowkey player. I highly doubt that Fowl/Monkey/Fran are Scum, so I would look at anyone outside that group with ties to Turm/Vere and Salva for the other partner as of now.

turmoil7

Also I find hilarious Salva and Kalor sharing the same slot

Diametrical personalities

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Remember when Saw said it would surely not be confusing for me to only follow the game in Spec chat?

...Why is Salva here now? Kalor? He wasnt even in the game lol.

SalvaPot

YEAH
Yeah, I misgendered monkey again, noticed, panicked and edited it. Then I asked to be replaced, but I am pretty sure I was going to be replaced anyway. I don't think I"ll be able to play mafia again until I get it diagnosed and under control somehow, this happens to me all the time to me, it never gets me in trouble in real life because I can explain myself there and I mean no harm. Still not an excuse and replacing me was for the best.

That's on me, moving on.

Spoiler, for turm only:
If I get voted out during the day I protect town from ALL kills. Notice how it says only town. My plan was to survive the night by having scum fear target me, get lunched today but the thunderdom got in the way, and give town one more day, with a lot of info from the split on vere's vote

Sawneeks

little green dog
Yeah I sort of feel like this is one of the rare times where a no lynch is appropriate. Admittedly I haven't followed the thread closely the last couple days, but are the arguments against Zipped really so strong that town is willing to kill him over this?
Personally? No, they aren't. Most of them feel like their fueled by anger at not being allowed to kill Salva/Kalor than anything actually concrete.

Zipped's whole method was to force people to look outside of the super tunnel for a minute and think of others. All things considered that's not a bad plan and the weird...upset reactions are really not looking at the whole picture. Salva/Kalor isn't going anywhere. Just take a Day and look at these two instead of just getting made at the Thunderdome maker.

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
I'm reading through and I don't undertand why not lynch z-beat.

I mean zipped's proven power is townier than anything z-beat has done imo. Scum thunderdomes exist but the vast majority of the time they are town. No lynch is stupid especially with a neutral almost certainly in play (double kill, scum bp). So lynch the person you know the least about. When more roles get revealed you can assess whether the game is balanced with a town or scum thunderdome.

And and Z-beat could be one of my too many towns earlier in the game. I had them on my list because monkey gave the read and I was just like I know nothing about z-beat, but she seems confident, go with it.

How is this post doing. I kind of lost track of replacements...

Faddy said:
Monkey you better be town or this is going to be dumb.

I think town is me, fanto, fowl playa, monkey and z-beat.

And poltergust is sort of townie too.

I might be wrong on fran.

And I am putting nin and absolutbro on my not today pile.

I would feel kinda bad if I flip on malus or flush on day 1 and they are town but it feels wrong for all the mafia to be in

Stan, Castamere, Tearable, Turmoil and DoubleD.

I'm still going to be mad if Fran is mafia because that will be a 3rd game he rolled scum, I called him out and he slipped away.

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
Hmmmmm. Not the best.

Sorry, Faddy

I had went a while without considering monkey. And it might be her. I think she at least makes some of the points about thunderdomes being town and she has shielded z-beat pretty hard all game. So kudos if it is monkey and z-beat on the same team. If monkey is scum and z-beat is town I get the feeling she would be pushing for more z-beat info so I feel like if monkey is scum then z-beat is scum. That would blow everything up though as far as associative reads go.

Natiko is also someone else I would fingered to make points about the thunderdome and he also hasn't. So maybe nin was scum.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
If Faddy thinks Monkey could be Scum here, then I agree.

Who started the read on Turmoil on D2 again? Was Monkey a part of that, or did she just go along for the ride and agree with people? I feel like Scum Monkey wouldn't do the heavy lifting on a Scum read of a partner, but if someone else already had one, she'd go along for the ride. D3 in MafiEra for example, it was me and Flux I think that jumped on Faddy right away if I remember right, all Monkey had to do was casually agree.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
But wait, Monkey + Salva would make no sense to me, so if Salva is Scum you can write Monkey off as Town for sure.

They really need the Salva flip.

Who all is alive still? Polter has the Avatar claim, so unless Aang is Scum, Neutral, or a fake claim complete with a fake mod-post announcing their existence and ability in the thread, nah, he's Town.

Z-Beat is on the list for sure. Then you've got Tearable and Natiko I guess?? Any of them can go.

If anyone in Fowl/Monkey/Fran/Stan is Scum, then they fooled me enough. Fran less than the others because I felt weird about him on D1.

Sawneeks

little green dog
So far you've got:

Tearable
Salva/Kalor - claimed weird doc/'dying at day end makes no kills' doc
Z Beat - claimed vanilla?
Casta/Zipped - claimed Thunderdome
Polter - claimed Avatar
Nintiko
Monkey - claimed vanilla
Fran
Stan
Fowl

from my memory here.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I say all of the remaining Mafia are in this group:
Tearable
Salvalor
Z-Beat

If there is a Neutral, it could be anyone tbh.

Keep in mind, I have read very little since D2, so if for some reason one of these players is clear, I am not factoring that in lol.

If more than one of those players flipped Town, then I would probably go into panic mode, especially if Salvalor flipped Town. Fran would be my first guess, but I would grow increasingly paranoid about Monkey if she doesn't get shot at night...
Fran was the first, Fowl had a pre-typed (i think) post right after, and then monkey followed. Kinda kept going from there

giphy.gif

turmoil7

if scum were to call salvalor's bluff(that the power also activates at being NKed instead of only at being lunched), I wonder what the correct by-the-book play would be here, poltergust the confirmed townie or salvalor the no kill night

I think salvalor would be best, but I dont think they will notice

So that was a day...

really frustrating, I was mailing Pedro and sawneeks during the day, And I think it’s been brought up here too.

thunderdome is almost always a town role and to just be shut down like that after making my argument was frustrating.

I felt I went a bit hard on Dr. Monkey yesterday, but I really felt she was scum up until there vere flip. Even then I waffled on my thunderdome target between her and Z-Best.

my reasons for thunderdome were exactly how I said in the thread. I left it all on the table.

vere/Turm can someone spoil what happened last night for me?

So what does everyone think about scum/town?

thanks for the words of encouragement with my thunderdome pick. Wish it had worked but hey you win some and lose some.

definitely had the most activity on a day to day basis in this game than almost any other game I’ve played. Went gung-ho!

turmoil7

having all the knowledge scum has so far, I think the SK/neutral must be monkey, maybeee Natiko, but I would shot monkey first

Kind of glad I'm dead, because I would be side eyeing anyone taling about a neutral. The game had to be trimmed to get it playing, and I would argue that would be one of the easiest things to cut.

Sawneeks

little green dog
Well.

i will say that the mysterious extra kill may come back tonight if things stay as-is. it may also right a wrong that shouldn't have happened. :p

SalvaPot

YEAH

thanks for the words of encouragement with my thunderdome pick. Wish it had worked but hey you win some and lose some.

definitely had the most activity on a day to day basis in this game than almost any other game I’ve played. Went gung-ho!
I would have went down fighting and defending you all day if I was there, I really got frustrated how easily town gave up on the day.

You did screw up my plan, lol, I wanted to be lunched today.

SalvaPot

YEAH
Well.

i will say that the mysterious extra kill may come back tonight if things stay as-is. it may also right a wrong that shouldn't have happened. :p
At this point I think it would be better for Kalor to die tonight, at least to move on with the conversation.

On the other hand I'm pretty sure that town has something to do during the night.

Verelios

Were-elios

For what it's worth, I think you made a good choice in your TD pick and your reasoning was well thought out and not cobbled together fluff. The way you made the case for it just wasn't the best. Your best bet would have been to try and convince Monkey/Fran of Z-beat being scum and let them work the room while you sit back.

turmoil7

oh I didn't consider Stan as "SK" because I forgot he was playing, but makes sense :eyes:

Sucks for scum

Sawneeks

little green dog
Considering how well Z-Beat was after that thunderdome this is a really bad blow to scum. If he had claimed anything other than a member of the Fire Nation he would have likely still been alive.

turmoil7

The odds are against scum here, it would be a miracle to pull it off

SalvaPot

YEAH
So far I am two for two for scum team.

I wonder if I am still right about monkey... I'm kinda having second thoughts now. Also if Stan is the SK, that kinda flips perspectives for me.

I'll say scummiest to less scummy for for right now: Monkey, Fran, Natiko, Fowl, Tearable, Kalor

turmoil7

I feel done dirty by letting the player with the best standing inherit the only fire fakeclaim we had, punished for a good play :thisisfine:

SalvaPot

YEAH
I keep forgetting nin/natiko soft-claimed waterbender when he said they have to be "good" in this game.

I still find that sus.

Congrats to Stan for that win, well played. I thought TP could be the neutral, never thought of you.

After catching up I was convinced Z-Beat couldn't be a meanie, but hey! Zipped can feel better about his play now, so everything's fine.

Getting a bit wary of fowl playa. He's been having a pretty good game so far though.

Z-beat

only here for the flavor
if scum were to call salvalor's bluff(that the power also activates at being NKed instead of only at being lunched), I wonder what the correct by-the-book play would be here, poltergust the confirmed townie or salvalor the no kill night

I think salvalor would be best, but I dont think they will notice

I left a note to fowl before the agni kai ended that if I were to die, salva and polter shouldn't be left alive

Z-beat

only here for the flavor
Considering how well Z-Beat was after that thunderdome this is a really bad blow to scum. If he had claimed anything other than a member of the Fire Nation he would have likely still been alive.
I didn't want to risk someone being able to read my alignment and find out I was lying. After all you only supplied us with one fire nation cover role

Z-beat

only here for the flavor
I knew it was you! You have been coasting everyday, haha. Wonder if it would have been a better strategy to pile on you instead of monkey during day 3, oh well.
I've been using monkey as a meat shield this entire game

SalvaPot

YEAH
You should have killed me the night vere was lunched, keeping my alive was probably a mistake, and Kalor is doing great so far.

Z-beat

only here for the flavor
You should have killed me the night vere was lunched, keeping my alive was probably a mistake, and Kalor is doing great so far.
You were (are) on the list. We needed time to understand the specifics of your role first before we jumped the gun, and the best move at the time was to kill polter, being the confirmed town and someone who townread me, solidifying my town status even further and weakening your argument while everyone else tore your doctor claim to pieces. The fact that I thought you were lying but also that you were still some kind of doctor (which was in and of itself also a lie) would've thrown the rest off

But no plan survives contact with the enemy

SalvaPot

YEAH
You were (are) on the list. We needed time to understand the specifics of your role first before we jumped the gun, and the best move at the time was to kill polter, being the confirmed town and someone who townread me, solidifying my town status even further and weakening your argument while everyone else tore your doctor claim to pieces. The fact that I thought you were lying but also that you were still some kind of doctor (which was in and of itself also a lie) would've thrown the rest off

But no plan survives contact with the enemy
Yeah, having scum to try and figure out my role and been afraid of actually flipping me was integral to my plan, and I kind of went after monkey on Day 3 instead of just lunching vere with the idea that this would give town enough info to actually find scum.

The fact is, other than Vere's weird voting and lack of defense, I had no real idea or evidence who scum could be. Z-beats was coasting and I found that sus, but it was until he really didn't want to put a vote on vere when I was ready to tunnel him to death.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Scum team
So fowl is last Scum? Well played, he is really good, him staying alive this long is way too suspect, he should have died N1 if he was Town.

I think they'll get him though, lots of strong Town players still out there, I have hope.

Sawneeks

little green dog
Now that I think abou it, it's hilarious that town almost got SK lunched day 1 and spared him.
there have been so many instances of this happening so far and pedro and i have been on the edge of our seats.

Day 1 almost killing the cool SK. Town nearly getting Scum multiple times. Zuko challenging Azula to an Agni Kai and losing....

Stantastic

Our Badminton Stanpion
When youre engraving my "most convincingly angry performance ever" Oscar please remember that i prefer Stanley to Stan.
Stan's master plan failing because everyone was asleep

swedish_chef.jpg
just a decoy my friend.
Communisim was a red herring
I WOULD beat Zuko in an Agni Kai and get beat by a waterbender...
I still cant believe how quickly you managed to guess at almost all of my role.

Stantastic

Our Badminton Stanpion
If were going open spoilers then i got 1 that bugged the crap outa me.
what happened with me targetting Salva N3? Did he just keep it himself or did some shenanagins happen?

Stantastic

Our Badminton Stanpion
You targeted me? Hot damn. Why did you do that?
With Ozus death I was getting a little worried that if i just played it safe and waited for claims then my target pool would dwingle without me, but with the visiting notificationi vouldnt just target anyone.
I picked you since i figured that given your current standing that day no one would really pay much mind to you claiming i visited you with no reasons as to why you would know that.

Plus just playing it safe was boring.

SalvaPot

YEAH
Its funny that several people still alive are like "thanks stan you got scum!" When like, i totally though Z was town roku when i was killing him.
That is hilarious.

But all things considered you did play well for town, killing z-beats gives town a fighting chance, no way in hell he was getting voted after that thunderdome.

SalvaPot

YEAH
Tearable puns is finally putting together my plan! Yes! Yes! This is it! This is my theory at work!

Now it all depends on monkey actually flipping scum, otherwise I'll look like an idiot.

Top Bottom