Costume Party |OT| The Mafia Mash

Barney

Costume Account
i read it again and unless im missing another post this is it, not sure how else im supposed to take this.
I don't want to make your work for you, so I'll wait a bit to expose my theory on you.

For now, what do you have to say in the whole situation?

Rey

Costume Account
I don't want to make your work for you, so I'll wait a bit to expose my theory on you.

For now, what do you have to say in the whole situation?
mostly just that how you came right out the gate with both unfounded excuses for how it couldn't possibly be you, and some real stretches for why its both me and KAM makes me more suspicious of you than the others.

Barney

Costume Account
mostly just that how you came right out the gate with both unfounded excuses for how it couldn't possibly be you, and some real stretches for why its both me and KAM makes me more suspicious of you than the others.
I'm scum-hunting, I have to if we want to win. Isn't it convenient how you just stayed away for...
yeah i think its a bit too late on that front,
like i dont think we should say tomorrows lunch will 100% be the other but its already clear that thats how its heading.

A literal day and a half?

Rey

Costume Account
I'm scum-hunting, I have to if we want to win. Isn't it convenient how you just stayed away for...

A literal day and a half?
honesly i wasn't thinking about the game much yesterday thanks to personal things (that i suppose i could say but it would help give away who i am under the costume), and even then its not like the day was up for long.
but either way i wouldnt call a conspicuous absence convenient, not to mention again if im bob ross then the supposed original town rey was still most of that absence.

Barney

Costume Account
honesly i wasn't thinking about the game much yesterday thanks to personal things (that i suppose i could say but it would help give away who i am under the costume), and even then its not like the day was up for long.
but either way i wouldnt call a conspicuous absence convenient, not to mention again if im bob ross then the supposed original town rey was still most of that absence.
I get that, I am also avoiding mentioning personal stuff because it goes against the spirit of the game.

Moving on, you should have access to the neighborizer thread, I really want you to make a full summary of what happened in the last day and what you feel about it.

Rey

Costume Account
I get that, I am also avoiding mentioning personal stuff because it goes against the spirit of the game.

Moving on, you should have access to the neighborizer thread, I really want you to make a full summary of what happened in the last day and what you feel about it.
right thats actually bugging me a bit.

So basically it was BobRoss being all dejected that he miscalculated on an impending scum victory and giving himself away, but otherwise taking it in good humour and joking with yall a bunch about it.
Which is kinda throwing me since he really looks like hes resigned to losing, like it all reads pretty genuine, which doesn't fit with him apparently having this hail mary play today with stealing another players identity.
It doesnt quite fit for me but i cant think of any other reasons beyond Bob just being a real good actor and luring yall into a false sense of victory

Barney

Costume Account
right thats actually bugging me a bit.

So basically it was BobRoss being all dejected that he miscalculated on an impending scum victory and giving himself away, but otherwise taking it in good humour and joking with yall a bunch about it.
Which is kinda throwing me since he really looks like hes resigned to losing, like it all reads pretty genuine, which doesn't fit with him apparently having this hail mary play today with stealing another players identity.
It doesnt quite fit for me but i cant think of any other reasons beyond Bob just being a real good actor and luring yall into a false sense of victory
It was a brilliant move and it actually worked because I would have liked to see your reaction on the whole thing, but since we:

1) Where so sure Obama had to be the last one and.

2) Natiko for some reason decided to make it 4 hours instead of "Until everyone submits their kills"

It is pretty obvious now that this was a move by Bob Ross so, as you said, fool us all.

Honestly, wouldn't you fall for it yourself? As you said, it did read pretty genuine.

Rey

Costume Account
It was a brilliant move and it actually worked because I would have liked to see your reaction on the whole thing, but since we:

1) Where so sure Obama had to be the last one and.

2) Natiko for some reason decided to make it 4 hours instead of "Until everyone submits their kills"

It is pretty obvious now that this was a move by Bob Ross so, as you said, fool us all.

Honestly, wouldn't you fall for it yourself? As you said, it did read pretty genuine.
well now my big question about you is if BobRoss would be so shamelessly self congratulatory.

Barney

Costume Account
well now my big question about you is if BobRoss would be so shamelessly self congratulatory.
I can appreciate the hustle.

I also think we are in deep shit.

But don't avoid the question. You've been doing that for a bit now.

Rey

Costume Account
I'll be more direct, then.

How would you have reacted to Bob Ross "Slippin", and joining the chat.
The same as everyone, i would have thought it was a genuine slip and that we would be lunching Bob and sailing along to victory right now, which means i probably would have just been joking about it along with the rest of you.

Barney

Costume Account
The same as everyone, i would have thought it was a genuine slip and that we would be lunching Bob and sailing along to victory right now, which means i probably would have just been joking about it along with the rest of you.
Ok... ok...

So what do you think would happen if we don't lunch today, and wait until the final three?

Rey

Costume Account
Ok... ok...

So what do you think would happen if we don't lunch today, and wait until the final three?
that actually might not be a bad idea.
the worst thing i can think of is the possibility that the scum formerly known as bob ross might be able to use that same ability again, which would make figuring it out harder still, but that seems pretty unlikely just from a role balancing standpoint, no to mention it still being an easier choice.

Rey

Costume Account
wait actually no i dont think it really would help.
We can be pretty certain that Cinderella is town and not the new Bob right?
That would just mean scum would kill them tonight, leaving things in pretty much the exact same circumstances as today, except with it being even easier for them to hammer if anyone places a hasty vote.

Barney

Costume Account
wait actually no i dont think it really would help.
We can be pretty certain that Cinderella is town and not the new Bob right?
That would just mean scum would kill them tonight, leaving things in pretty much the exact same circumstances as today, except with it being even easier for them to hammer if anyone places a hasty vote.
Yeeep, I pointed that out earlier.

We need to figure this out now so we can give Cinderella the hammer.

Barney

Costume Account
I need all 4 of us to be here to really get the ball rolling, but my time for sleep is rapidly approachng and I'm not sure I'll be here.

Cinderella

Costume Account
Well I woke up with a cold, so won’t be going into work. Anyway I think I caught a slip a couple of hours back that’s good enough for me to pull the trigger. @Barney , the second KAM and I all share one thing in common, we use the world lunch (feel free to look back). Then ‘KAM’ comes in today and uses and lynch instead, without being forced.

I don't know why but I think you're trying to push some agenda here, if we no lynch why would scum kill? They will probably leave it as is I think

I think this is the best evidence we’re gonna have all day and I dont think anyone can begrudge me for voting based off this.

Vote: Kool-Aid Man

Rey

Costume Account
Yeeep, I pointed that out earlier.

We need to figure this out now so we can give Cinderella the hammer.
...as you can see im being as diligent as ever today.
Well I woke up with a cold, so won’t be going into work. Anyway I think I caught a slip a couple of hours back that’s good enough for me to pull the trigger. @Barney , the second KAM and I all share one thing in common, we use the world lunch (feel free to look back). Then ‘KAM’ comes in today and uses and lynch instead, without being forced.

I think this is the best evidence we’re gonna have all day and I dont think anyone can begrudge me for voting based off this.

it aint much, but i guess its the best we can really do given this challenge.

Barney

Costume Account
...as you can see im being as diligent as ever today.

it aint much, but i guess its the best we can really do given this challenge.
Yeah I'm 100% convinced now you are not DeepRoss. You didn't hammer instantly. We know it's not Cinderella.

It has to be either me or KAM.

It's a lot of small thing but they add up:
-Bad answers to my questions.
-No recollection of the flavour thing, that was made a big deal by blue KAM himself when it happened.
-Quick unvoting on me and jump to Rey when he felt that was not going to fly.
-lynch over lunch.

I think we got him.

Well, now it's on you Rey, what do you think? I really should go to sleep now. This is it.

Cinderella

Costume Account
Yeah I'm 100% convinced now you are not DeepRoss. You didn't hammer instantly. We know it's not Cinderella.

It has to be either me or KAM.

It's a lot of small thing but they add up:
-Bad answers to my questions.
-No recollection of the flavour thing, that was made a big deal by blue KAM himself when it happened.
-Quick unvoting on me and jump to Rey when he felt that was not going to fly.
-lynch over lunch.

I think we got him.

Well, now it's on you Rey, what do you think? I really should go to sleep now. This is it.
Yeah I think there’s enough here. Let’s end this, if it’s you or Rey than well played

Rey

Costume Account
yeah imma end it now, i cant see KAM coming back with anything that would really swerve it.

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
Very Small Crowd: Okay, look, I know we kind of sleep walked through the last couple days, but it's put up or shut up time.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Very Small Crowd: Aha! The answer, of course, is Kool-Aid Man because just like Bob Ross every third post contains a gerund phrase.

Kool-Aid Man has died!

Welcome to Costume Party Mafia!

You are dressed as Kool-Aid Man, a Vanilla Townie.

You have no special abilities, but you do have the ability to vote.

You are aligned with Town and win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Game thread is HERE

But wait... by god, that's off brand Bob Ross's music!

giphy.gif

Bob Ross has died!

You are dressed as Bob Ross, a Costume Thief.

As a Mafia team you share a faction kill you may perform once per night with the command Kill: <PLAYER NAME>.

Once per game, when you perform the faction kill and remove your target from the game, you will take control of their account and lose control of yours.

On the following day, it will be announced that your target's real identity has been removed from the game and that their account has been taken over by the Mafia. The account you have left behind will be revealed as well.

You will gain your target's role but your alignment will remain the same under that new account.
If you are removed from the game under the new account, your role PM and target's original role PM will be flipped. Players will be aware it was the account that was robbed.

You also have the ability to vote.

You are aligned with Mafia and win when the Mafia team has a majority of the votes at the start of the day phase..

Your fellow Mafia members are Dracula, Prisoner, and Zombie.

The Mafia chat can be found HERE.

Game thread is HERE

giphy.gif

And with that, this shitty costume party in the middle of the summer has concluded.

Town has won!

Your remaining stars are...

Cinderella has won!

Cinderella was played by... Kopite!

You are dressed as Cinderella, an Odd-Night Commuter.

During odd-numbered nights (Night 1, Night 3, etc.), you cannot be targeted by any player. You also have the ability to vote.

You are aligned with Town and win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Game thread is HERE

Barney has won!

Barney was played by... SalvaPot!

You are dressed as Barney, a Neighborizer.

During the night, you can target a player using the command Invite: <PLAYER NAME> to invite them to a secret chat. This chat will only be open for discussion at night. All targets from previous nights remain in this chat. The chat will be closed if you are removed from the game. You also have the ability to vote.

Game thread is HERE

Rey has won!

Rey was played by... Stantastic! (Who replaced Funky Dude Sparks)

You are dressed as Rey, a Vanilla Townie.

You have no special abilities, but you do have the ability to vote.

Game thread is HERE

Additional Cast & Credits:

Executive Producer was Fran as the original designer!

Clown was played by Kyanrute
Baby was played by Ketkat
Spider-Man was played by Swamped
Witch was played by LaunchpadMcQ
Daenerys Targaryen was played by Ty4on
Barack Obama was played by Benghis Khan
Cereal Killer was played by Dr. Monkey
Banana was played by MrHedin
Kool-Aid Man was played by Razmos (Who replaced nin)
Jack Sparrow was played by Red_V2
Bob Ross was played by Geno
Dracula was played by fowl playa
Prisoner was played by malus
Zombie was played by TheChuggernaut
Minecraft Steve was played by Zippedpinhead

Natiko

Boards should all be visible and accessible. I forgot we did something different on the back end now, so I was flying blind on how to open everything up. If anyone sees any issues let me know lol

nin1000

Chilean German Madman
maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks for hosting the game!
It was a ton of fun! i am pissed that something came in between an i was replaced.
But Raz did a great job as me.

Natiko

Kool-Aid Man was a highlight the whole way through - from nin's antics, Razmos' twist on it, and ultimately the unfurling at the end.

Natiko

I would like to thank everyone that played. It wasn’t always super active, but it seemed like people had fun. Tried to put a few different twists on costume games in here. Sorry for it being hectic on my end with some late starts and getting to day end being delayed some. Hopefully you all enjoyed the game.

nin1000

Chilean German Madman
Salva knew it was me. His hermano. Ofc he could not kill me, as soon as he saw that I was replaced he pulled the trigger.

SalvaPot

YEAH
Geno is the master of disguise, completely had me fooled the whole game, if he had chosen anyone other tha KAM I would have really struggles to put pressure on him becuae KAM was pretty much the onla player I was paying attention to the whole game.

I had a feeling that was you, Nin, you always make me laugh. Razmos did a great job too.

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
I would like to thank everyone that played. It wasn’t always super active, but it seemed like people had fun. Tried to put a few different twists on costume games in here. Sorry for it being hectic on my end with some late starts and getting to day end being delayed some. Hopefully you all enjoyed the game.

Thank you for hosting! And thanks to all the players for being awesome! This game was really fun to play. I enjoyed being a PR who was actually useful for once. I loved the costume idea too, it was a bit disorienting at first but it was so refreshing to not metagame.

SalvaPot

YEAH
I greatly enjoyed your opening to the day as well Salva, got a good laugh out of me.
I had other more disturbing options but that one was too perfect.

All I could imagine was how smug Geno had to feel at the moment, controlling the narrative.

Natiko

Kopite really crushed it at the end with that lunch v lynch pickup. Legend. SO good.

Nat, I love the game end post. :D
I'm glad! Took a little longer, but I thought it would be nice to end it with a bit more style.

Top Bottom