Automata basic design and roster

No ideas for flavour right now but it might be a good idea to make the peace talks run from N0 to either 24 hours or 48 hours of day start, makes sure that all scum will have a chance to talk.

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
No ideas for flavour right now but it might be a good idea to make the peace talks run from N0 to either 24 hours or 48 hours of day start, makes sure that all scum will have a chance to talk.
Honestly i was thinking of letting the peace talks start when they all get their PMs (I'd send those out first after rolling) until day start, to account for time zones and allowing them a good enough chance to talk if they need to.

However, the main thing with this is explaining that the N0 talks are happening so they don't hop into the talks and reveal who they are on accident (only the costume account being able to see the chat will help XD)

Probably will do something like...

Scum Role PM
Scum fake claim for that character.

BTW you've been invited to N0 peace talks with the other scum team!

Your costume account is (username and password) the chat is (link).

I hope you have an eventful talk!

Nowwwww

:pikathink:

The costume account should only be used for this chat to prevent them posting in the wrong thread... but it's more convinent for players if they an post in both chats with their costume, that way the scum members can plot what they want to say to the other scum team and talk directly... but again they may post in the wrong thread.

I guess we can just properly label the two threads to make it clear what they are so they don't post in the wrong one.

I'd link the peace talks in the scum thread rather than in the PM to make sure they don't post in it straight out of the gate without fully reading their role

lokiduck

I'd link the peace talks in the scum thread rather than in the PM to make sure they don't post in it straight out of the gate without fully reading their role
Good idea! I can give them the deets for their costume account, but told them to get the link to the peacetalks in scum chat. That way they will go to scum chat first, and will most likely just open a new tab for the other one >> Again will still label both chats very clearly.

Good idea! I can give them the deets for their costume account, but told them to get the link to the peacetalks in scum chat. That way they will go to scum chat first, and will most likely just open a new tab for the other one >> Again will still label both chats very clearly.
Will the deets be in the role PM itself, because that will give town confirmation of multiple scum teams after the first flip

lokiduck

Will the deets be in the role PM itself, because that will give town confirmation of multiple scum teams after the first flip
I'd include that in like the second post to them Like how I usually do when sending info about chats.

If I did include it in the PM's I'd probably hide it upon roll flip tho.

lokiduck

So for this game to be approved we just need OA to check back in? Or is there something else we need?

So for this game to be approved we just need OA to check back in? Or is there something else we need?
I'd suggest writing down some of the interactions (such as the scum recruit) on one of the docs if you haven't already just incase it's forgotten about.

Once OA gives his opinions I'll take one final look and if nothing comes to mind I'll give it my approval.

lokiduck

I'd suggest writing down some of the interactions (such as the scum recruit) on one of the docs if you haven't already just incase it's forgotten about.

Once OA gives his opinions I'll take one final look and if nothing comes to mind I'll give it my approval.
Okay I'll do that.

I'll message OA on discord again if he doesn't respond in a day or two. C:

lokiduck

Did a quick check of the PMs as making sure modkill rules are clear has been brought up again but everything seems fine \o/
Yep i'm going to underline the modkill rules like people were suggesting.

We need to still hear from OA. Guess I'll message him on Discord.

We might have talked about this already but if the final member of a scum team is recrutied and then they win, give the win to the dead member of the other team as well, no reason to be mean :)

lokiduck

We might have talked about this already but if the final member of a scum team is recrutied and then they win, give the win to the dead member of the other team as well, no reason to be mean :)
Agree c: It also makes sense flavor wise ; ^ ;

OceanicAir

4 8 15 16 23 42
I can safely say that nobody will be able to predict what this game will entail but the awareness of the other faction should make things interesting. The ability to recruit a remaining scum (even though it is small) is also nice.

Only question I have is about the motivator and what happens if they give it to someone like a joat (I think we said nothing extra) but would the motivation shot be lost then?

This game still has a chance to be super swingy but that's mafia, I guess. I think it should be fine to run.

lokiduck

Only question I have is about the motivator and what happens if they give it to someone like a joat (I think we said nothing extra) but would the motivation shot be lost then?
I believe we decided that if Pascal motivates Pod 042 it would motivate his Tracker shot? That or we decided that the player could choose which shot they want motivated.

I'm good with either but to me tracker makes some sense as a second commute shot might make them too protected, and the message would not be as useful except maybe testing the 9S fake claim (by seeing if they receive it).

I personally think it should just be the tracker shot.

If Pascal motivates 2B... I wanna say we agreed on nothing getting motivated because her powers are powerful as is?

Also I'm glad to hear the game is almost ready to go.

Let's solve this last question and we can get it approved :D @Verelios @Aeleus You opinion on this matter then?

Verelios

Were-elios
I believe we decided that if Pascal motivates Pod 042 it would motivate his Tracker shot? That or we decided that the player could choose which shot they want motivated.

I'm good with either but to me tracker makes some sense as a second commute shot might make them too protected, and the message would not be as useful except maybe testing the 9S fake claim (by seeing if they receive it).

I personally think it should just be the tracker shot.

If Pascal motivates 2B... I wanna say we agreed on nothing getting motivated because her powers are powerful as is?

Also I'm glad to hear the game is almost ready to go.

Let's solve this last question and we can get it approved :D @Verelios @Aeleus You opinion on this matter then?
Tracker for Pod 042 and did we say nothing for 2B? I think we did, saying it was way too OP for either option. If the motivate is used on 2B then I suppose it's lost because technically 2B has shots, they just can't be recharged.

Like, if the target was D&P or Simone then the shot should be refunded because they're not X shot.

lokiduck

Tracker for Pod 042 and did we say nothing for 2B? I think we did, saying it was way too OP for either option. If the motivate is used on 2B then I suppose it's lost because technically 2B has shots, they just can't be recharged.

Like, if the target was D&P or Simone then the shot should be refunded because they're not X shot.
Yeah that makes sense.

First change I'd suggest: Only give each scum team one costume
A) Hides the number of players from the other scum team
B) Players wont need to discuss who uses which costume
C) Less set up required from the OM staff

lokiduck

First change I'd suggest: Only give each scum team one costume
A) Hides the number of players from the other scum team
B) Players wont need to discuss who uses which costume
C) Less set up required from the OM staff
All of that sounds perfect c:

Instead of the accounts being: Peanut Butter, Jelly, Ham, and Cheese it can just be a Peanut butter and jelly sandwich versus a Ham and Cheese sandwich.

Plus since we'll talk about the Meet in scum chat, I can put the account deets for both members to use.

Make sure when you get round to writing the tiered info for what can be said about the cult to follow the new cool rules around modkilling (highlighting anything relating to a modkill should be fine)

lokiduck

Make sure when you get round to writing the tiered info for what can be said about the cult to follow the new cool rules around modkilling (highlighting anything relating to a modkill should be fine)
That was the plan o7

Let players know if a dead scum player had been recruited by the other scum team.

Also what kind of flavour are you thinking about doing for the recruitment, I kind of like it being a power of friendship kind of deal :P

lokiduck

Let players know if a dead scum player had been recruited by the other scum team.

Also what kind of flavour are you thinking about doing for the recruitment, I kind of like it being a power of friendship kind of deal :P
Agreement on both :p

I can also make that work.

Adam and Eve take Kaine because she is a machine and can help them towards to make their new world. Nier because they don't really consider him their enemy and think he and Weiss can take down Yorha with them :p

Nier and Kaine take either bother because they know what it's like to lose someone and they think maybe they can help the brother get his bro back while get get their world back :p

in the end friendship \o/

I stopped being lazy and had a look, sure it's a bandaid solution but I think it'll work

Unless OA has an objection, I approve this game!

(RIP to any poor fool's sanity who play it...)

lokiduck

How did we clue Nier machine on not claiming a power role in the cult chat, I've forgotten.
It's Kaine Machine LOL.

We decided to do it via the flavor in her Role PM plus the fake claim straight up saying Vanilla :p

I stopped being lazy and had a look, sure it's a bandaid solution but I think it'll work

Unless OA has an objection, I approve this game!

(RIP to any poor fool's sanity who play it...)
Pretty sure OA also gave his approval. So let the review staff know if you want XD

Verelios

Were-elios
Pop the champagne while we wait for OA.
giphy.gif

lokiduck

:pikathink: If Caim lives in this game, should we make Drakengard Mafia? Tho might wanna recruit Stan since he's an expert on that.

OceanicAir

4 8 15 16 23 42
Just wanted say that we probably need to start over from the beginning, it'll never work...

jk lol

It should be good to go! I've had a ton of thoughts about how this could go down and can't wait to see it go down a completely unimaginable path.

Verelios

Were-elios
Just wanted say that we probably need to start over from the beginning, it'll never work...

jk lol

It should be good to go! I've had a ton of thoughts about how this could go down and can't wait to see it go down a completely unimaginable path.
As they say, all paths lead to rome so it'll obviously end up being a wild ride.

Thanks for all your help Ael and OA, and of course Captain Loki for being awesome. It feels good knowing we've gotten this game up and running =D.

lokiduck

Yep all we gotta do now is tell review chat it's good to go I'll let our awesome reviewers take care of that so we follow proper procedure

760634093687406625.gif

Top Bottom