The Garage

weemadarthur

Mad as in angry, or mad as in crazy?
Blarg making a reasonable argument here. Right up until someone says some item was a vest and they dressed VA, lol. Course i figure there’s 3 scum left, personally.

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
>>
<<
Have one member open wolf and eat the lunch so the other will live and can get green checked by ATP so they can deep wolf to victory.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
For the record, since I was a Vanilla-Pancake I played with this idea in mind:

- Being killed by Town: very bad, no purpose at all.
- Being killed at night: great, prevents the kill of a more useful Town player with powers.

So there was no way I would freely go during the Thunderdome. It was Day 2, and I wasn’t really sure about anybody else trapped with me. So my idea was to fight to defend myself and imply I was more than I actually was so scums might eventually be tempted to kill me at night later on.
Part of the reason I like rolling vanilla town is that it gives me the option to try a sacrifice play if needs be. I've planned to draw the night kill before now and when I've suspected that I've been part of a town vs. town train (such as in Super Mario Mafia), I've been more willing to take the hit in order to keep the town PRs in the game. There's an element of risk in doing so, of course, but if it works out then it can keep scum from getting too big an advantage from the kills.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
But how are they supposed to reach the right decision if they don't give scum time to misdirect them?

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Kyanrute said:
I am doomed to play RPS till the end of time apparently. ROOOOOOOOOCK.
Did you want to purposefully lose a different mini-game, or should I just give you the easiest one to lose?

Speaking of which, I expect Town to ruin my Box Peek game tomorrow as well by forcing a Scum read to purposefully lose it tbh, these players are no fun lol.

SalvaPot

YEAH
Blarg right now.
Atmey_Crazy_Smile_2.gif

Did you want to purposefully lose a different mini-game, or should I just give you the easiest one to lose?

Speaking of which, I expect Town to ruin my Box Peek game tomorrow as well by forcing a Scum read to purposefully lose it tbh, these players are no fun lol.
Yeah this is definitely a game where only one faction was interested in having fun with the mechanics of the game, what with blarg neutering his role D1 and our kill on LP which was basically just us vibing. I am definitely not at all salty.

Personally I'd tell them they weren't worthy of the boxpeek and save it for another game :P

weemadarthur

And blarg clearly just claimed his actual role. It’s so obvious. It’s not a town role, and they know scum had stuff. Do they not think scum had a different store as well as the main store?

And blarg clearly just claimed his actual role. It’s so obvious. It’s not a town role, and they know scum had stuff. Do they not think scum had a different store as well as the main store?
The role is made up lol. The only true part is secretly entering bets.

weemadarthur

But they have a store. Even if he’s not the “store”, he’s offering store info.

reki so sus.
”too busy, i’m vanilla” is the scummiest claim in the scummiest way.
followed up with “don’t turbo the scum”.

y’all hinting that reki isn’t even mafia, but wow it’s no wonder people can’t bring themselves to believe that, lol. <3 u reki.

Last edited:

weemadarthur

I almost just rebutted malus by quoting the rules lol. I need to close the thread before I accidentally post in it.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
I'll put it in a spoiler tag:
Lightning grants them one wish. They can ask for any 1-shot power that they want, and as long as I approve it, they get it. I'll approve basically anything as long as it doesn't involve switching someone else's alignment or role.
of course

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
rough draft: 1-shot CHAIN LIGHTNING as a public Day-command that kills my initial target then jumps to the last person they placed a Bet to or accepted a Bet from, and continues killing as long as the connection-by-mutual-Bet-involvement continues, only stopping if that next particular player never placed or accepted any Bets with/from anybody else

Fanto

Confirmed Town
rough draft: 1-shot CHAIN LIGHTNING as a public Day-command that kills my initial target then jumps to the last person they placed a Bet to or accepted a Bet from, and continues killing as long as the connection-by-mutual-Bet-involvement continues, only stopping if that next particular player never placed or accepted any Bets with/from anybody else
I would have accepted this.

SalvaPot

YEAH
Hey @jman1954goat , you have been asking tips about the game. Well, the key part is understanding that it is a game. You are playing a character that is not actually you, and when people put pressure on you or ask questions or insult your inteligence, remember, they are ALL talking to a character or they are ALL playing a character.

If you need evidence of this, look at blarg's last stand. Looks at how strong the emotions his posts carry with them, the raw energy, the insults, how offended he is, how angry he is, and how betrayed he feels. If Blarg was town, this would all geel genuine, no? But Blarg was scum. What does that teach you? It was all an act to gain emphaty and have town doubt themselves.

So, when you try and gain symphaty by feeling bad and having a meltdown, we can't allow ourselves to feel bad about you because scum uses the exact same tactics to look town. It might be real for you, but we can't know for sure, and it goes against the spirit of the game. Because this is a game about manipulation and deception. But also a game about working together to solve the game.

So what you really have to do is divorce yourself from the role you are playing. They are called roles for a reason. Play with your role and always remember it's just a game and you can just walk away at any moment.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
oh I also apologise for the liberal use of lots of swearing &/or cursing

I bear no ill will towards anybody

All theatrics of the most obvious kind

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
really Bad play from me this game

didn't have the time I wanted to invest; didn't store enough of the thread in my head as much as I'd liked to have, was really operating on thin soup-of-the-Day arguments at the end

Should've been me last instead of [REDACTED] for the optimum Mafia-aligned last stand effort, this is gonna be truly tough for them, what a terrible position I've left them in

no money

no equipment

no friend(s)

:(

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
also top of the page opportunity again; pls forgive for BLOODY ALL-CAPS SWEARING, all for drama pls don't fuck off me

73YD2MI.gif

ATP does have the dice, if used on last scum they can fuck them up to the point of the kill being so random that it's obvious they affected them. Fanto is ATP using it?

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
I honestly have no idea how [REDACTED] could pull this off

They'd have to kill ATP for sure Tonight but he might be a fortress

[REDACTED]'s only got one thing going for them and that's their Power

They might be able to BEHIND ENEMY LINES STEALTH MISSION this

The problem is they're nowhere near Towncore, they're gonna have to run across an open field for miles to get in

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Although, with tomorow's Event, they might live to see another day still, who knows lol.

But after that, no chance.

ATP is currently using the Dice on Hedin and scanning Reki.

So in other words, pour one out for the Scum team
Big rip then, unless the randomizer favors him completely and it goes to someone that could've reasonably taken the kill although I highly doubt even that will save him.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
For the final Scum to win at this point, they would need to:
1. Take place in and win the event tomorrow.
2. Receive the cutout of Lightning as their prize.
3. Come up with some kind of 1-shot game winning ability for Lightning that I will approve.
4. Use that ability to win the game.
That's pretty much the only chance.

For the final Scum to win at this point, they would need to:
1. Take place in and win the event tomorrow.
2. Receive the cutout of Lightning as their prize.
3. Come up with some kind of 1-shot game winning ability for Lightning that I will approve.
4. Use that ability to win the game.
That's pretty much the only chance.
IF the cutout is even in rotation.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
:( I think this is my 3rd worst [Mafia] playthrough; STAR WARS will always be my 1st & worst and TRANSISTOR was pretty bad but this was a real bad that ranks

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
game itself was excellent, A++ map design Fanto

Although I would've allowed the scum to secretly freely trade money in the scum-chat, balance being Town following the money as they would/are then possibly catching scum out on missing funds seemingly into thin air

Really love the item store & item mechanics; it was something I've been considering for Diablo [Maf] for the longest time, but thought it would be WAY too many moving parts, but it seems manageable? lol

Fanto

Confirmed Town
game itself was excellent, A++ map design Fanto

Although I would've allowed the scum to secretly freely trade money in the scum-chat, balance being Town following the money as they would/are then possibly catching scum out on missing funds seemingly into thin air

Really love the item store & item mechanics; it was something I've been considering for Diablo [Maf] for the longest time, but thought it would be WAY too many moving parts, but it seems manageable? lol
Thanks, Blarg! <3

Yeah, hindsight being 20/20, I've also realized that giving Scum a way to trade money with each other privately would have been for the best. Bets ended up being a money exchange service between Town and I did not see that coming, though I probably should have.

And yes, an Item store is surprisingly easy to manage actually lol, it was probably the easiest thing for me to keep track of in the game mechanics-wise. The only issue was that Town was able to control who they wanted to allow to purchase items with their money-pooling and "prove how much money you have by betting me" strategies, so those are the things I would say to look out for and try to find ways to design around.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I also think the Mafia Item Store could have been a bit more powered up in hindsight. I had originally envisioned those as being kind of side-items that were a way to give them more secret abilities to use, and that Scum would still be purchasing a bunch of the misdirection items and whatnot from the regular store as well like everyone else, but alas, that did not happen.

weemadarthur

I tried to donate it to you out of sportsmanship love of drama

weemadarthur

If the person doing the mafia kill is diced, are they in the pool of rng for who receives the mafia kill? And how many players are left alive rn.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
besides CHAIN LIGHTNING, I think my 2nd concept for the cardboard wish would've been just a 1-shot Resurrection

like I would still flip as scum Godfather

but I just come back to life the next Morning

Sawneeks

little green dog
even if scum could win in the PR department they have to go up against the Maol-Monkey wall and that's a beast I don't think anyone could overcome. The cop roles going to players other than those two really makes scum's NK decision harder. :x

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
even if scum could win in the PR department they have to go up against the Maol-Monkey wall and that's a beast I don't think anyone could overcome. The cop roles going to players other than those two really makes scum's NK decision harder. :x

It’s this on top of town having a lot of players that won’t get lost going after nonsense. This is a very bad position for scum. They can probably make it another day, but that’s about it

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
I really only think two changes would be needed to tweak the balance.

1. Better controls over the betting system to prevent the manipulative tactics Town used
2. Don’t let people use their items and powers at the same time

Lone_Prodigy

Am I at 10 posts yet?
We've all been there man, I've played some terrible games back at gamefaqs, terra in his first one straight up asked if the game was played on the other site(the one where he spoke with the mafia team)

In my first game on the old site, I said "we're all town here." I was scum.

Top Bottom