The Garage

Verelios

Were-elios
Also, booyah, took the doc with me. Also, sorry Fat, you were a legitimately great HYPE partner. Would've loved if we were on the same side.

Fat4all

SCIENCE DOGGO
my play style could be described as:

- stay just annoying and useless/useful enough to get close to being lynched, but not getting lynched

- look useless enough that scum would want to keep me around because I post a lot of bollocks

thunder dome SCREWED ME YET AGAIN, THE AUDACITY

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
I just couldn't win against the red check.
It's okay buddy, you really did try and that's what counts. <3
my play style could be described as:

- stay just annoying and useless/useful enough to get close to being lynched, but not getting lynched

- look useless enough that scum would want to keep me around because I post a lot of bollocks

thunder dome SCREWED ME YET AGAIN, THE AUDACITY
LOL stupid thunderdomes always ruining town fun.

RIP vere, should have gone with my yakuza claim set up

Also weemad me calling you good really wasn't a pocket attempt, I was just following a scum guide telling me to ask lots of questions :P

Probably won't sign up for a game in the near future, I vastly underestimated how rolling scum could ruin my wellbeing lol

Also weemad me calling you good really wasn't a pocket attempt, I was just following a scum guide telling me to ask lots of questions :P

Probably won't sign up for a game in the near future, I vastly underestimated how rolling scum could ruin my wellbeing lol
Yeah rolling scum is much more stressful than rolling town.

Verelios

Were-elios

You might be right. Claiming neutral could have saved me some time.

I had a lot of fun in the Horror Mafia game, but this one ended up being A LOT more involved and serious that I had anticipated.

I know it's part of the game – and I want to make absolutely clear that I'm not blaming anyone – but after taking the time to answer the questions someone asked me to then receive something like "I don't care, lol", then being told that I've been completely useless all game long and that I was stupid, and then being told my impressions just weren't valid, it really made my anxiety go through the roof. And I unfortunately had to leave. I really tried to play the best I could, lol! At least it made clear that this thing isn't for me after all :)

I just wanted to offer an explanation because I feel really bad about having left the game.

Last edited:

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I had a lot of fun in the Horror Mafia game, but this one ended up being A LOT more involved and serious that I had anticipated.

I know it's part of the game – and I want to make absolutely clear that I'm not blaming anyone – but after taking the time to answer the questions someone asked me to then receive something like "I don't care, lol", then being told that I've been completely useless all game long and that I was stupid, and then being told my impressions just weren't valid, it really made my anxiety go through the roof. And I unfortunately had to leave. I really tried to play the best I could, lol! At least it made clear that this thing isn't for me after all :)

I just wanted to offer an explanation because I feel really bad about having left the game.
I think you played great, Pancakes, and no one blames you for subbing out. Games can get really stressful sometimes, they trigger my anxiety often, and sometimes the best call is to just sub out. I hope you do come back sometime though because I still haven't had the chance to post gifs with you in a game lol. <3

Hey I haven't been paying to the game but if the underlined is true I'm pretty sure that's against the rules and should have at least been given a warning, sadly people undermining your views is a part of the game (it happens to me often) and the only thing you have against that is the feeling when they get proven gloriously wrong (which due to the nature of the game happens often).

If you enjoyed Horror Mafia I'd seriously consider trying again, maybe in a smaller game, from the small bit I played you seemed pretty rad :)

I think you played great, Pancakes, and no one blames you for subbing out. Games can get really stressful sometimes, they trigger my anxiety often, and sometimes the best call is to just sub out. I hope you do come back sometime though because I still haven't had the chance to post gifs with you in a game lol. <3
And this is coming from the person who plainly stated she hated the game and was never going to sign up again when I ran scooby doo mafia :P

Oh lol I forgot our time changed and day starts an hour sooner.

I think smaller games might be your thing or normal games, you should try playing in one of those, maybe mario kart? Next one might not be ideal.

weemadarthur

Mad as in angry, or mad as in crazy?
Your conscious mind wasn’t aware ;)
But yeah, analyzing WHAT questions people ask is the counter to that scum guide, lol.
2nd game syndrome, when you’re thrown into the deep end without a raft.

Some people are harder to argue with than others (I’m one of the difficult sort). In my first game, I had a major fight with multiple people, and only some of them were scum, some were town with me. It’s definitely an anxiety trigger, and each game is unique on player headspace and game situation, so there’s no way to truly *prepare* for it, one can only *cope* with it.

weemadarthur

being a doctor in a game like that is like trying to Shit Into A Thimble™️
I’m getting better at not team killing the doctor!

I even listened when you said claiming would be bad and I ....well, killed chuggs. What can ya do.

A Wild Shark Appears

Our resident acupuncturist

I think you did a good job Pancakes!

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
Yeah, I've been there - it's a horrible feeling. I made a stupid mistake in Marvel Mafia but didn't realise until hours later when I got home from work, refreshed the thread and discovered that I'd come in for a hell of a kicking as a result. That was a contributor towards me sticking with small games and minis.

If you enjoyed Horror Mafia I'd seriously consider trying again, maybe in a smaller game, from the small bit I played you seemed pretty rad :)
I think smaller games might be your thing or normal games, you should try playing in one of those, maybe mario kart? Next one might not be ideal.
2nd game syndrome, when you’re thrown into the deep end without a raft.

Some people are harder to argue with than others (I’m one of the difficult sort). In my first game, I had a major fight with multiple people, and only some of them were scum, some were town with me. It’s definitely an anxiety trigger, and each game is unique on player headspace and game situation, so there’s no way to truly *prepare* for it, one can only *cope* with it.
I think you did a good job Pancakes!
Yeah, I've been there - it's a horrible feeling. I made a stupid mistake in Marvel Mafia but didn't realise until hours later when I got home from work, refreshed the thread and discovered that I'd come in for a hell of a kicking as a result. That was a contributor towards me sticking with small games and minis.

Thanks all! It actually makes me feel better. Yeah, I might try a smaller or normal game in the future. I guess I'll take a break for now, though :)

Sawneeks

little green dog
Welcome Vere! Monkey's message trick was some next-level play and I think you may have had a shot if that didn't happen.

Welcome, Pancakes! <3

Don't worry too much about it, your own well-being is more important than a silly game. Honestly I thought you were playing just fine and I'm not sure why some folks went and got paranoid about you. It happens, past is the past, etc. etc. but it's their loss in the end. :u

Welcome Vere! Monkey's message trick was some next-level play and I think you may have had a shot if that didn't happen.

Welcome, Pancakes! <3

Don't worry too much about it, your own well-being is more important than a silly game. Honestly I thought you were playing just fine and I'm not sure why some folks went and got paranoid about you. It happens, past is the past, etc. etc. but it's their loss in the end. :u

<3

lokiduck

Also second on maybe not doing HvV 3. HvV2 was my second ever game and it was a much more complex and bigger game than my first so I def got overwhelmed.

You'll probably have fun with smaller games at least for now until you are more used to playing mafia. c:

I also thought you did great. c:

weemadarthur

Yeah lol, i love the madness but it’s not a good starting point for sure. Can’t wait to see what ludonarrative dissonance is in the roles and mechanics THIS time XD.

lokiduck

Yeah lol, i love the madness but it’s not a good starting point for sure. Can’t wait to see what ludonarrative dissonance is in the roles and mechanics THIS time XD.
I'm excited too and I helped review it. Tho I guess you could say I'm more excited to see how peeps react to their roles lol.

:eyes:

Hawthorn

I'll explain my reasons later
I meant to go through and figure out who I thought was mafia, but the day got ahead of me... maybe I'll just wait for it to be revealed. I like spectating!

Pancakes, I hope I get to play with you again one day. I was lucky that I was mafia so many times in a row because I really got to get used to these games while having the support of a team, which for me made it much less stressful. But I did always push for us to NK people who dared to insult me XD

Bad luck, Verelios, but I think it seemed like people were considering your claim for bit, which is impressive under the circumstance!

lokiduck

My first game was small and went great, my second game was stressful as fuck (general tip Pancakes, never roll innocent child in a bastard game), very large, but a ton of fun, and my 3rd felt like a complete breeze after my second because it was smaller and I rolled Vanilla.

I'm probably like you in that I prefer smaller games or subbing in (tho my subbing in experience has been lol), so def try a smaller game for you third, and I'm sure you'll like it.

I'm excited too and I helped review it. Tho I guess you could say I'm more excited to see how peeps react to their roles lol.

PlasticInsistentEidolonhelvum-size_restricted.gif

Fanto

Confirmed Town
God, I feel bad for Scum.

Like, the logic behind their night actions was great and they made good decisions based on the knowledge they had.

But they just got incredibly unlucky.

lokiduck

Also Pancakes if you wanna try a bastard game that is smaller, maybe try one of my games probably coming out next season

Verelios

Were-elios

Welcome, Pancakes! <3

Definitely a gut punch when I realized Monkey sent Rac a message that night.
I meant to go through and figure out who I thought was mafia, but the day got ahead of me... maybe I'll just wait for it to be revealed. I like spectating!

Pancakes, I hope I get to play with you again one day. I was lucky that I was mafia so many times in a row because I really got to get used to these games while having the support of a team, which for me made it much less stressful. But I did always push for us to NK people who dared to insult me XD

Bad luck, Verelios, but I think it seemed like people were considering your claim for bit, which is impressive under the circumstance!
Thanks Hawthorn, shame I didn't get to play with you lovers, as that would have been interesting during Hype Day.

lokiduck

Omg scum stole the phone and now can't buy the lightning lmao
Scum really can't catch a break. I've been saying to Fanto that this is basically the opposite of Nier where Scum was steamrolling lol.

weemadarthur

Why are they letting the town-read side claim before blargonaut after planning how they won’t do that?

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
Any of you friends have tips for not being self destructive.

I defeat myself every game before mafia gets a chance too.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Fireblend told me about that secret "Votes have been reset" command during LiS Mafia when I had to end/start a day X.5 to clear the vote tool lol. He was like, if you ever have to do that again, here's an undocumented command that will do it lol.

weemadarthur

He would have got "Dog" if he investigated Fat4all. It's been written in my spreadsheet for the game for the last year lol.
Is anyone else god?

that typo was a accident unless my id is speaking, but ima leave it

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Yeah unfortunately Scum's fake claims aren't fooling anyone. I threw some flavor claims at them that they could use if they wanted to the other night but, as expected, they didn't get them very far. I had like 4 or 5 other ones for them to choose from, but idk if any of them would have done them any better.

I probably fucked up the balance of the game by making it too easy to flavor solve. They probably could have mass claimed on D1 and just only lunched Vanilla claims until they won tbh.

weemadarthur

I want blarg to get lightning.

I want it so much i want to donate the money zipped stole from me, just for that purpose. Can we? Please fanto? Please????

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Ah, another one cleared, it's just Reki, malus and Hedin. It's practically over we're just waiting for them to make it official.
Yup.

I feel like I can take some blame from Scum for not giving them quite enough tools to counter Town's ability to game the money/items, but at the same time, I still feel at least an equal amount is on how Scum played. Which isn't to say they played poorly, just that most of Town was playing at a certain level by mid-D1 and Scum never really got in on it. Put some more active players on Scum and make it so Faddy doesn't die on D1, probably not quite the same outcome.

Something that gives me pause with malus/pancakes is if pancakes is if they are vanilla town, why did pancakes let chuggs who could generate money for town take the vote, why not just say I'm vanilla town and take the fall. Not only did she not do that, but kind of actively pushed for chuggs to go.

It could just be poor town play, putting yourself over the good of the town, or it could be scummy..
This is a very good point. If I wasn't on mobile, I'd find the quotes, but Pancakes definitely hinted at having a power we should keep around. I'm not making that up, right?
that would be why I indicated Pancakes was not vanilla that day.

It's possible she was just in the wee school of "trust only myself" but it just didn't feel like it.
This is the post I was thinking of. Pancakes is a newer player, right? Might simply be confidence in their ability to be helpful to town---nothing wrong with that confidence! But town play really should have been for a vanilla townie to throw themselves on the line when there were suggested PRs in the thunderdome. I actually can't find anything else hinting at a PR from Pancakes.

For the record, since I was a Vanilla-Pancake I played with this idea in mind:

- Being killed by Town: very bad, no purpose at all.
- Being killed at night: great, prevents the kill of a more useful Town player with powers.

So there was no way I would freely go during the Thunderdome. It was Day 2, and I wasn’t really sure about anybody else trapped with me. So my idea was to fight to defend myself and imply I was more than I actually was so scums might eventually be tempted to kill me at night later on.

I don’t know if it’s as dumb as people in the game seem to believe, but that was my logic.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire

- Being killed at night: great, prevents the kill of a more useful Town player with powers.

So there was no way I would freely go during the Thunderdome. It was Day 2, and I wasn’t really sure about anybody else trapped with me. So my idea was to fight to defend myself and imply I was more than I actually was so scums might eventually be tempted to kill me at night later on.

I don’t know if it’s as dumb as people in the game seem to believe, but that was my logic.
I completely agree with you pancakes you only know your own role for sure it's possible a scum could be hiding in the thunderdome.

weemadarthur

Logic perfect for nighttime, and for a mixed thunderdome.
In an all-town thunderdome, it’s a better move for the vanilla to volunteer to take the dive.

But you couldn’t have known that was the case until all the flips came in. I was giving fat a LOT of leeway in believing he was the doctor. Still would have voted you over chuggs if i was clued you were nilla, sry not sry, love you.

weemadarthur

Fireblend told me about that secret "Votes have been reset" command during LiS Mafia when I had to end/start a day X.5 to clear the vote tool lol. He was like, if you ever have to do that again, here's an undocumented command that will do it lol.
Undocumented commands are the best. I used to play Monopoly against myself, *shuttup monkey*, and it had an undocumented “load the dice” command. Literally I would use it to cheat against myself so one of me could win over another of me.

A Wild Shark Appears

Our resident acupuncturist
Undocumented commands are the best. I used to play Monopoly against myself, *shuttup monkey*, and it had an undocumented “load the dice” command. Literally I would use it to cheat against myself so one of me could win over another of me.
Is there some missing context here? Were you under duress? Did you lose a bet? /s

Edit: I always have dreadful luck when I play Monopoly so I can sort of see the appeal.

Top Bottom