The Garage

weemadarthur

Mad as in angry, or mad as in crazy?
Right now, maolfunction.
if my guesses are close, the thunderdome had: doctor, roleblock, vig, and atm, and maolfunction is complaining about killing the atm.

weemadarthur

Stan had +2 townie points from me, but he sure could have faked those.

monkey, YOU go look for my breadcrumbs, gosh. Don’t listen to the other people! They can’t find em! Doesn’t matter, reki is gonna spill being my chat partner, and probably won’t even lie.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Thanks you two!
Sometimes you just run good with a gambit.
I honestly thought they might get suspicious when you told them it would only work on Turm, but there were just no questions asked at all lol. I still love how Sawneeks' immediate reaction was just "Ok, our top priority now should be giving money to Zipped" lmao I was just dying in modchat watching that all happen.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Also Neeks is like the only person in this entire game to pick up on what my Reki read was. I have no idea if I'm actually right there or not, but I'm glad someone is carrying the torch

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
LOL to congratulate @Zippedpinhead on his amazing win (You did great!)

I'll share with you guys the knock knock joke I thought of when i heard that was how you were going to win the game (because I was busy at the time). Your Knock Knock joke was very good :D :D :D

Knock Knock.
Who's there?
Orange.
Orange who?
Orange you glad to know I just won?

Last edited:

weemadarthur

Why are people trusting launch this hard? While i agree he’s slightly more towny than not, um. What?

fanto what’s the lightning cutout DO

Fanto

Confirmed Town
fanto what’s the lightning cutout DO
I'll put it in a spoiler tag:
Lightning grants them one wish. They can ask for any 1-shot power that they want, and as long as I approve it, they get it. I'll approve basically anything as long as it doesn't involve switching someone else's alignment or role.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
Lightning grants them one wish. They can ask for any 1-shot power that they want, and as long as I approve it, they get it. I'll approve basically anything as long as it doesn't involve switching someone else's alignment or role.
WISH: I win!
I'm guessing that'd be disallowed too, but I wouldn't blame someone for trying.
AllThingsPurple said:
How is people's Shenfield knowledge?
I go through there on the train to work, but can't say I've ever spent much time there. Unless you count waiting for a replacement bus.

weemadarthur

I’m glad i didn’t buy the lightning cutout, i have no imagination. Also i was never gonna spend my money on that.

monkey, that’s NOT my meta, that’s playing to my current role. Has monkey NOT realized i was the roleblocker or what?

vere doing nothing but self preservation and pretending not to know what’s going on except when he magically knows whats going on is BAD.

maolfunction thinking sparks is a priority even if he’s a scum player is BAD. If he’s the last scum, he’s a priority but there’s probably still 4 teammates to kill.

reki constantly trying to use me as a backup for their own reads is BAD. Also, i’m surprised they took the fat/arson ball i gave them. I was surprised in chat when they said it made sense. Then they posted it and abandoned it, lol. Not sure i got anything off that gambit but sometimes they don’t do nothing.

WHAO kyan was universal backup? Man, if kyan is deep wolfing he’s doing SO GOOD at it.

Last edited:

SalvaPot

YEAH
I'll put it in a spoiler tag:
If I had that power, I'll take the power to change my own alignment whenever I feel like it, one shot.

weemadarthur

Ok pancakes, you played the noob town card with the “i’m a fake vanilla”, now it’s gone forever, nobody gonna fall for it from this day on lol.

:imp:
:heart:

Last edited:

Hawthorn

I'll explain my reasons later
Zipped, it was really fun watching you rack up all that cash then disappear. It was nice of you to be mostly honest about what your power was, you didn't need to be!

VA and ATP keep talking about VA owing ATP money, but there's no contract without consideration, just an empty promise. Nobody owes anybody anything.

Fanto, did you except that the bet system would turn into a system of purely intentional money transfers? It's a whole economy, which is fascinating and probably best for town, but I think it would be more fun to see more bets on uncertain outcomes.

Loving the beauty bois twist! Would a universal backup get my/nin's role? Probably not, because there would be no one to be lovers with... and then LP was vanilla. It could be! Or he could be a mafia role thief.

I really hope someone gets the lightning cut-out

weemadarthur

tonight they have to kill the cop or roleblock him. Either way watching atp would be. The best night move. I guess ninja isn’t impossible.

weemadarthur

Why you take away my chatview just because i’m ded. so mean.

please PM me scum team list. I want to be spoiled now.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
No scum team spoilers yet!
Fanto, did you except that the bet system would turn into a system of purely intentional money transfers? It's a whole economy, which is fascinating and probably best for town, but I think it would be more fun to see more bets on uncertain outcomes.
It was a worry of mine, and I considered just not accepting those bets at all, but I figured people would still find a way to make ultra-easy bets even if I outlawed the pure "accept this bet and win money" ones. Like, it wouldn't be hard for them to say "I bet you won't vote for me" and then they do and win just as easily.

I do wish people were more interested in making legit bets, but it is what it is. Something to keep in mind for EZA Mafia 2 lol.
What was the prove it ticket fanto? I don't think we had the actual names in the review thread.
Yeah, I changed the flavor names from the review thread, basically just had a bunch of placeholders in there.

The Prove-It Ticket is:
the Lie Detector

A Wild Shark Appears

Our resident acupuncturist
1603313840298.gif

It was a worry of mine, and I considered just not accepting those bets at all, but I figured people would still find a way to make ultra-easy bets even if I outlawed the pure "accept this bet and win money" ones. Like, it wouldn't be hard for them to say "I bet you won't vote for me" and then they do and win just as easily.

I do wish people were more interested in making legit bets, but it is what it is. Something to keep in mind for EZA Mafia 2 lol.

Yeah, I changed the flavor names from the review thread, basically just had a bunch of placeholders in there.

The Prove-It Ticket is:
the Lie Detector
Ok thought so, yeah the bet thing is unfortunate, I didn't think of it during the review thread.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Actually can you just list all the names in a spoiler here?
Reference this list against the one in #134 in the review thread, and you'll be able to decipher what the items are lol:
Cup of Jones
Dice
Pen
Red Bull
Microphone
EZA T-Shirt
Kyle's Hoodie
Gengar Plush
Wolf's Pelt of Perception
Camera
Nintendo 64
Snorlax Plush
Cowl of Consistency
Prove-It Ticket
Keys
Smartphone
Rufus
Cardboard Cutout of Lightning from FFXIII

SalvaPot

YEAH

The Prove-It Ticket is:
the Lie Detector
It was going to be hard to do actual bets, even with my salty bets, when there is really nothing at play, its hard because of how unpredictable everything is, and the fact that outcomes take a while to happen.

You could have made it so people could bet on minigames, give them a 30 minute grace period, that way there is an incentive and enough time.

weemadarthur

If you didn’t have all the power roles reliant on cash influx, they might be willing to bet. Why would I take the chance on wasting my money on a non confirmed teammate instead of my own roleblock? Not gonna happen. I just sat there hoping to take money from scum who needed townie points, which, i did.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
If you didn’t have all the power roles reliant on cash influx, they might be willing to bet. Why would I take the chance on wasting my money on a non confirmed teammate instead of my own roleblock? Not gonna happen. I just sat there hoping to take money from scum who needed townie points, which, i did.
You, ATP, and Fat are the only ones who needed Don Bucks to use your powers.

weemadarthur

Yeah! The cool kids need cash to flaunt. Gotta show off those sneeks.

Poor cop didn’t realize, hang on to dough. Can’t bet with no ante lol. i figured no matter what i said, someone would notice i was spending cash privately.

weemadarthur

Turmoil in the worst Torture Chamber: neutral survivor, early game, so much left......sorry, turms.
But town could put him in a worse one by blackmailing him to vote only for my scumlist or die of lunch poisoning, and wait for scum to also shoot wee 2.0?

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Yeah, Monkey's read of Stan is pretty much where I'm at. Him and Maol could be scum/scum I guess, but I feel like you wouldn't get the posts Stan made today out of town Stan

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Also I keep coming back to Reki being scum. I also thought this through almost all of Risk so maybe I just can't read them anymore, but I really think this is scum Reki

weemadarthur

You meant scum stan right?
i agree stan’s working enough to be town.
blarg’s not tho.

i couldn’t believe reki was town so i roleblocked them.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
You meant scum stan right?
i agree stan’s working enough to be town.
blarg’s not tho.

i couldn’t believe reki was town so i roleblocked them.

Yes, that's what I meant lol. And yeah, I'm starting to think Blarg might be scum here too.

Also that is a really good point about how Turms would probably not kill the claimed gossip because it makes his claim look real shady

weemadarthur

Turmoil was obviously neitral, i said so days ago

FTR: the only real breadcrumb to find is that I DID block aeleus night one, which can be found near the end of night one, but makes no sense without the flip. All this other stuff is silly. (I didn’t leave one about reki due to being undecided on blocking and i figured they’d share being the chat target whether i was dead or alive).

i wonder if RB stops item use.
so there’s 2 cop moves for scum to block, and misc other reasons to kill ppl to worry aabout. I hope PoE and towncore wins for Town, it’s time to flip the script.

Last edited:

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
I think between this and Risk we’ve learned our community is hesitant to fully embrace a non-standard mechanic that’s isn’t forced upon them. Things like events in some games happen and they typically force a resolution of sorts. Risk and the betting here are entirely at the behest of the players and in both instances we’ve seen reluctance and a lot of attempts to game or circumvent the expectations. It’s an interesting contrast compared to say ITAs in Marvel Heroes were we saw them used like candy.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Risk and the betting here are entirely at the behest of the players and in both instances we’ve seen reluctance and a lot of attempts to game or circumvent the expectations.
Yeah, it's certainly given me some things to think about when it comes to designing another non-standard game like this (which will be either FF7 Mafia or Star Trek: TNG Mafia, I can't decide which I'll do first for my next big one). Just being able to observe player behavior and reactions to this game's mechanics I think will help me come up with some more engaging and less exploitable mechanics next time hopefully.

SalvaPot

YEAH
I think we need to give more carrots than sticks and for there to be thematic sense. Risk was counter-intuitive in that the game of Risk is about holding your forces and moving just enough to get stronger, and maybe let the others destroy each other, and Geno's design, as fun as it was, was against the original Risk design since it actually encouraged moving around a lot. Geno tried to encourage moving by giving the bonus powers, but town used alliances instead.

In this game I think what was lacking was more Game-Incentive to bet. I think I already said this, but if Fanto made it so there was a a window of time to bet and, say, 2 o 3 clear betting options, then the players would be more likely to just pick an option and bet. Choice Paralysis is a thing, specially in this game when you kinda want to keep a low profile to survive.

(I say that and yet I made a loooot of weird decisions in One Piece mafia, let's see how it blows up in my face, lol)

Fanto

Confirmed Town
In this game I think what was lacking was more Game-Incentive to bet. I think I already said this, but if Fanto made it so there was a a window of time to bet and, say, 2 o 3 clear betting options, then the players would be more likely to just pick an option and bet. Choice Paralysis is a thing, specially in this game when you kinda want to keep a low profile to survive.
An early idea that melonrabbit and I had at first was that bets would be a one-time event, called the Betting Special, and it would have a pre-defined list of bets that we come up with and place odds on, and then everyone is playing against the house basically, choosing to wager their Don Bucks on bets of different odds and hoping they win big. At some point though, we decided to change it to allowing people to bet with each other all the time on whatever they want, I think just because that sounded more chaotic lol.

I think town has this one in the bag, without spoilers or anything the way they play around with money is guaranteed to give them a victory, they can buy everything pretty much and if scum doesn't give to the cause they might be caught.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Alright, so, I think it should go like:
Kyan transfers $1550 to rac; it turns into $3100
Rac transfer 3100 back to Kyan
Kyan transfers 3100 back to rac; it turns into 6200
rac transfers 6200 back to Kyan; or 3500 and we put the rest of the money elsewhere.
This just makes me want to take their ability to bet away from them all lol.

Hawthorn

I'll explain my reasons later
I could definitely buy a mafia Launchpad "accidentally on purpose" answering that question before Donna did. He would think he could get away with it, especially making a thing of trying to cancel the answer in highlighted text when it's clear from the rules that wouldn't work. The question is, what would be the mafia gameplan for the money? They could have predicted immediate pressure to bet it away to someone more townread. Maybe Kyan is mafia? But if the two of them are mafia together, would Launchpad really have done that thing with the "green check" from the early game?

I'm enjoying rac's drawn-out claim.

I tried to engage with the Risk mechanics in Risk!

I feel like an economics textbook could be written about how this game is playing out.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
It can be done though right? Oh man rac op af.
Yes, and I am honestly considering just telling them I'm not going to continue allowing bets I think are too easy to win/lose because this is getting out of hand now.
I feel like an economics textbook could be written about how this game is playing out.
I can assure you that the words "The Don Buck Economy" were said many times during the review thread lol.

Yes, and I am honestly considering just telling them I'm not going to continue allowing bets I think are too easy to win/lose because this is getting out of hand now.

I can assure you that the words "The Don Buck Economy" were said many times during the review thread lol.
Tell rac he can only do it once a day, I think it's ok to adjust balance mid game in this case. Not allowing these bets will make them think of other bets like tic tac toe or whatever.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Tell rac he can only do it once a day, I think it's ok to adjust balance mid game in this case. Not allowing these bets will make them think of other bets like tic tac toe or whatever.
I could put a limit on his ability now yeah. I've allowed him to do it more than once per day but it's probably best for the sake of the balance to squash that, because otherwise they could literally just spend the rest of the day doubling money with Rac until the whole Town Core has 20k+ Don Bucks and the game is broken.

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
I could put a limit on his ability now yeah. I've allowed him to do it more than once per day but it's probably best for the sake of the balance to squash that, because otherwise they could literally just spend the rest of the day doubling money with Rac until the whole Town Core has 20k+ Don Bucks and the game is broken.
Yeah I think that’s fair.

weemadarthur

That’s unfair! I protest!!

it’s truly terrible that once they start to team up in a team game, like monkey says, this has been an issue.....you want to quash them. Creating this town core and collecting the items is what they should have been doing since day 1, even if it’s faddy who said it first.
(but 1x a day doubling is a reasonable limit, lol)

Last edited:

weemadarthur

If i’m correct about turms being survivor, he’s practically a spare townie, until end game anyway. There’s no point in voting out a useless neutral, when there’s so many scum to catch, let scum do it since he is still a number to them. If you encourage him to play as town, he’ll be a reasonable target due to the vote +1.

AND, he’s being townier than he has this whole game, lol. He actually posted his first real read that wasn’t sheeping or OMGUS. Well, it still might be sheeping, but at least it sounds sincere this time.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
Chocolate cupcake. If they'd had strawberry then I'd have probably gone for those, but there wasn't a big choice. I nearly went for the Froot Loops ones, but thought they might be a bit too sweet. (Froot Loops, incidentally, never made it over here at all as far as I can remember - you can find imported boxes, but I don't think that they've ever been sold here officially.)

weemadarthur

Also, nobody has bothered with the argument: scum knew wee was the RB due to being RB N1. Therefore, scum A.
nobody?

Completely aside from the game, I went into town this afternoon to get a few things and bought a box of Pop Tarts while I was there. If this becomes a regular thing, I'm holding you all responsible.
Pop-tarts are delicious, my wife and I deliberately stopped buying them because we would eat them too quickly.

also...
anyone wanna help me out, currently i dont seem to see i am town posts from
Zippedpinhead, empressdonna, Maolfunction or Funky Dude Sparks

also looks like
Stantastic, Verelios and Blargonaut have a bit extra in their post

This post is hilarious,

so for you Rac, I am not town. Aligned with no one

weemadarthur

Let kyaa be scum. I am FOR a scum!kyan that backups chuggs and not faddy and uses it to buy lightning and bomb everything.

weemadarthur

Blarg yeah, reki very likely yeah. And maol for using sparks as the bus target to try and get cred.

also, sparks rolled nexus again, the rng has the STRANGEST sense of humour. Also also, kyan hoodied him. Where’d THAT go lol.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Fun fact about Sparks' role:

If someone would have used the Lie Detector item on one of his quotes, I would have picked a random post number from the game and used it on that instead, as long as it wasn't one of mine or Sparks' posts lol.

weemadarthur

Ok but you would have had to say “results inconclusive” on nearly anything. Like, what if it hit my welcoming post to sneeks where i said “stu was towN but you’re scum”, is that true or not? Lol.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
Town should have this in the bag.
It's certainly adding up for them. Things could change with smart pocketing and/or bussing, but two down by N3's not a bad state to be in. It would also mean that they could effectively count survivor!Turmoil on their side.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Tomorrow's event should be a fun one for people. At least, I would have fun with this event lol.

As for the Scum team's prospects in this game though, yeah, the writing has been on the wall for a while now. There's maybe one of them that could make it a decent way towards end game, but idk.

I will say, I don't think the Scum team's performance had anything to do with the design or balance of the game though, it's largely down to how they played compared to how Town played. Which does involve some of the unique mechanics and stuff, but at the end of the day, if Scum isn't blending in with how Town is playing, then Town is going to figure out who they are a lot easier, because things just become obvious after a bit.

Tomorrow's event should be a fun one for people. At least, I would have fun with this event lol.

As for the Scum team's prospects in this game though, yeah, the writing has been on the wall for a while now. There's maybe one of them that could make it a decent way towards end game, but idk.

I will say, I don't think the Scum team's performance had anything to do with the design or balance of the game though, it's largely down to how they played compared to how Town played. Which does involve some of the unique mechanics and stuff, but at the end of the day, if Scum isn't blending in with how Town is playing, then Town is going to figure out who they are a lot easier, because things just become obvious after a bit.
Yeah I agree that scum hasn't really tried to blend in, except maybe 1 of them. Yeah I think maybe at most we'll see 1 or 2 mislynches and then game over.

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
Completely aside from the game, I went into town this afternoon to get a few things and bought a box of Pop Tarts while I was there. If this becomes a regular thing, I'm holding you all responsible.
LOL I too bought poptarts after this game started. I've been eating frozen ones as dessert.
Also, nobody has bothered with the argument: scum knew wee was the RB due to being RB N1. Therefore, scum A.
nobody?
Yeah except that

Aeleus didn't use an action :eyes: Your RB was wasted unfortunately :<

LOL I too bought poptarts after this game started. I've been eating frozen ones as dessert.

Yeah except that

Aeleus didn't use an action :eyes: Your RB was wasted unfortunately :<
Weird, why wouldn't they use it? Oh wait unless we're talking about N2

Top Bottom