CHIM

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
Hedin I gotta say I'm really super sorry for putting us in this position :(

I have one last? idea... If you are somehow able to eat the lunch Today; if you do something extremely scummy now, like claim responsibility for the Easy Update, if you get lunched instead of me Today... I'll go forwards into Tonight, hopefully Town agrees to have me pay ATP for another check, and then hopefully he checks me... That would clear me as Town, and hopefully I could navigate it to a Mafia Win from there solo

If you agree with this plan... I think it could work...

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
Like, if you go back on your Commuter claim and say you did the Easy Update... Just like botch yourself completely on purpose, but like in a way that you're trying to justify hiding that you did the Thunderdome for Town's sake... no way they'd Town-read anymore if you admit that... Then I'd hope I've been shady enough Today to finally earn a check from ATP...

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
Like if you quoted my recent "I'm not the one who did the Thunderdome!" with you saying, "No I'm sorry everybody that was me I did that"

Then from there you go like, "yeah it was me I did the Easy Update. Blargonaut is so scum though, we have to lunch him Today." Then bus me as hard as possible, but make your bussing inconsistent, and have crappy quality reads of the others (on purpose) and try to be dodgy about why you didn't claim Easy Updater first but Commuter first

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
w5S80qE.gif

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
How about you say it like you activated the Thunderdome to try and trap me that Day to get me killed because I was your top scum-read since D1, and when you try to justify/defend that, you mess it up somehow...

If you agree to this terrible plan...

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
My only thought on the hail Mary is would it look super obvious that I am trying to save you? ATP has been good at picking his targets with people we don't expect, if he thinks you are on the block next then why would he bother checking?

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I totally missed rac picked up the ticket. So yes Launch, when you read this, we didn't realize it at all. And damn, we each had 3 chances of being checked last night (which is a lot of checks). Launch found that I was not a dog but ATP and rac didn't look at us at all. That's just some bad luck.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
So I think the play now is to see if I can push you hard and see if they lunch me instead. Right now ATP does not have enough money for another check so he can't check you tonight.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Please let there be an arsonist or actually killing neutral. If there is I can't imagine why they are waiting but maybe they are just setting something big up.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I think ATP might have a cloak? If so that directs so we might need to use the amulet first and then go for the kill.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I really don't want ATP to have more money, like that makes a kill much harder

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Oh it's been fun, although definitely busy, and with lots of unexpected occurrences lol, but that's about what I was preparing for going in with such a non-standard and experimental design lol.

I just hope everyone's had fun with it at the end of the day regardless of the outcome.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
It's definitely been interesting. Our fake claims have bit us in the ass but I don't think it really mattered. I went with mine because I looked up and saw that he left the group before they became EA so it kind of made sense for a commuter but I knew it was a stretch, couldn't think of a good way to explain the missing $500.

This game has definitely been giving me some ideas about a potential game down the line though. Something like an Easy Update each day with different rules, just keep everyone on their toes.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
My goal is to get down to single digit players remaining. I think we can get Reki tomorrow, after that I'm probably on the chopping block but maybe I can pull something out and stall it one more day to the delight of all involved.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Ok thought process. I have to knock off ATP tonight, we kept him around to see if he could get a false green check on Blarg or one on me last night and that never panned out. Should he check me its game over. Should he check Reki its also game over because I think I would be next on the list before malus or turmoil.

Now I have to think is if there are any powers or items out there than can screw with the kill. I don't think ATP was able to buy anything so I don't believe he has any protection but maybe I need to use the amulet on him to be safe.

Kyan has keys, don't know what they do. He's a backup to Chugg which means he doesn't have a night power.
Monkey, malus, donna, Stan, maol and Reki claim vanilla
turmoil is looking for Elyse, shouldn't be anything to do with me.
Launch is looking for doggies, he checked me last night and I am, sadly, not a dog.
VA is a one shot vig, no shots left
ATP is a role cop
rac claims casanova, not sure what that is

On the surface none of that aside from ATP can do anything with me. I still think there is a neutral out there but unless its actually an arsonist and they doused me or whatever already then I should be good, I don't think any other neutral would affect me.

Need to go back through the items and see if there is anything unaccounted for.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
OK drive home thoughts:

Rac could double bets, so no Casanova was not a role its a person, duh (man I need a flavor game I know).

I think at least one, if not two, of the vanilla list is lying. Pancakes was really dropping hints about being some sort of vanilla counter or something? But malus claimed vanilla himself. Town Hedin would push on this more.

Also, we have my ninja shot and Launch's quasi fruit vendor which heavily implies a watcher role. Now would our lovely, wonderful Fanto just do that to screw us up in a bastard game or would you actually have a purpose for that? I mean you're not going to answer that but if you want to throw me a bone when it's 1v12 or 1v11 I won't tell anyone. So let's assume there is because if there isn't then I am stuck anyways.

Scenario #1 - There is a watcher who watches me. Hooray I have a chance to live longer! If there is a a night kill but I did nothing that might push me down the list.
Scenario #2 - There is a watcher but they are watching ATP. Well they don't see me but it doesn't do anything to clear me longer. If I was a watcher I would watch ATP tonight unless they did last night.
Scenario #3 - There is a watcher, watches one of the amulet targets. This would seem bad as it might be cause for a money check, also watcher might show me depending on how that interaction works.
Scenario #4 - Watcher is flat broke.
Scenario #5 - Fanto is indeed screwing with us and there is no watcher.

So 20% of those are good for me, 20% could be bad, and 60% are neutral. It did talk me out of buying the amulet, there is no upside there for me and even if there is another prove it ticket then I just need to kill whoever gets it.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
And I am kicking myself for not doing more of these posts when I had actual teammates. It felt like we kept waiting for someone else to do something and left us scrambling a bit at the end of the night. I also wish I did my tracking like I did in my previous scum game. Monkey, when you read this I would be interested in why you asked that question to me and what you were looking at if you care to share.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
No no, you see I said ATP not Kyan. Sigh, I missed something so now I guess we'll see what ATP did.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Ok if my analysis of malus' times are right I might have a chance right at the timer. Granted there has been a night phase so that's messing up the history but it seems like right now he's presumably at work and doesn't appear to post at work. Appears as if he is active usually around 10am EST but there was one post a little earlier.

I think I'm just going to for it right at the timer, seems my best shot especially since I have several meetings this afternoon and won't be able to quick reply, plus my drive home time is a wide open window. Figure at this stage I'm not winning anyways so just take a big gamble.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Eh, I looked a past games and I am less sure about my timing. I guess it depends whether or not he is working today.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Damn, sorry Hedin.

You had both sent me your ready PMs like within 10 minutes of each other, so you were both ready to go.

GG, well fought.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
So I propose a game of Poptarts and Toaster strudels: basically post one thing you bring to the table which you think gives us an advantage (poptart) and one thing which slightly worries you (toaster strudel).

My poptart would be: I think I'll be able to try and provide cover for sparks fairly safely, in past games I've mentioned being good at reading him and I even provided my criteria publicly in conspiracy 2. I doubt there'd be much backlash on me or sparks if one of us flips because hey it's sparks.
Currently my technique for reading Sparks is trying to see how much he's paying attention to that entire game, rather than individual arguments because his are often hard to interpret. I find that TownSparks pays decent attention to the game (in his own way) while ScumSparks tends to get bewildred by the fact that he hasn't been lunched yet and just tries to keep it that way.

HoH is a decent example of this, TownSparks thought something was off in my first post of the game (it was actually a very niche breadcrumb) and he was the only one to smell something was off. I don't think the ScumSparks I saw in LiS was able to make observations like that.

My Toaster strudel would be: This is my first time playing as mafia in a forum game so I don't think I'm quite prepared, there are also unfortunately quite a lot of decent players (Stu, wee, chuggs and maol for example) who have played a large number of games with me and might be able to tell something is off. If I actually achieve being more active this game though that will shift my meta enough where this won't be a massive problem.
This was such a good idea, A!

Top Bottom