Spectator Thread Pass the Meat, Enjoy the Show!

Nin's major contributions this game. Turn up and blindly accept Turms flawed roleblock plan and get called out for it by me.

Vaguely say he doesn't trust Fran because he's widely town read and not in danger of being lynched and wouldn't be if vere had not checked him.

Now doubling down on Fran being scum after the red check. Come on town his scumminess is so glaring it hurts my eyes!

Sawneeks

little green dog
What ATP said. Launch has been quiet but I know he said he was going to do that for this game and everything else he's done seems fine-ish. My gut doesn't like him but that's about it.

No way scum is more than 4 though, not with me being a Neutral.

Sawneeks

little green dog
malus is the back-up if Hawthorn turns out Town. he's been focusing a lot on mechanics over anything else.

Turm/Zipped are town/town. I feel it in my soul.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
LaunchpadMcQ said:
Loki, huh. That's a really weird choice. Does anyone want to claim that role?

No idea what that Crew Talents thing means. SalvaPot can you explain?

Do you want to explain your thinking in creating that role? That role is not exactly pro-town. Also, was anything changed in the PM from what you created?

malus do you know what the prize is?
LaunchpadMcQ said:
Why nin would single out Fran on this basis doesn’t totally track for me unless he was lightly bussing Fran in case anything like what happened happened. I would feel better about this if there were some actual reasoning behind it. That said, I also think this is par for nin, but I still feel strongly enough about the weirdness here to say nin is likely to be scum.
nin said:
i dont like launchs way of acting
I rest my case.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I rest my case.
^^^^^^^

Launch also had NO investment in collecting the towncore and has not done much with it. There's no solve there. It's all for show, it didn't help town, when town didn't follow, he didn't push it - because he didn't believe in it. It was just to help shore up Fran, I bet, since Fran was townread.

Fanto knows what's up.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
LaunchpadMcQ said:
LP's gag order says he can't talk about the role or ability *in the game thread*, while mine says *in any thread*.
Yeah, probably because he didn't want you to talk about it in Scum Chat either lol.

God I wish I was playing lol.

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
Also Kyan trying to claim the scum team tried to tailor and kill him.

:surprised:

It was cute that Jman thinks Salva is obligated to tell him if he made a mistake (especially since it was me who technically made that mistake).

SalvaPot

YEAH
Also Kyan trying to claim the scum team tried to tailor and kill him.

:surprised:

It was cute that Jman thinks Salva is obligated to tell him if he made a mistake (especially since it was me who technically made that mistake).
2b9.jpg

Sawneeks

little green dog
^^^^^^^

Launch also had NO investment in collecting the towncore and has not done much with it. There's no solve there. It's all for show, it didn't help town, when town didn't follow, he didn't push it - because he didn't believe in it. It was just to help shore up Fran, I bet, since Fran was townread.

Fanto knows what's up.
how do you differentiate this between players who don't normally spend 100% of the time solving/are just reactionary even when town? Because I see this and my gut reaction is "well what about malus and turm"

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
how do you differentiate this between players who don't normally spend 100% of the time solving/are just reactionary even when town? Because I see this and my gut reaction is "well what about malus and turm"
You have to read them on their own terms. turmoil can be hard to find for that reason, and malus too - they are low key players, and I'm not an expert here at all because I've misread both badly. But look for their particular towntells and crossreference that with the PoE is what I think. If there are other people who fit more easily into the PoE then they probably get cleared. Here I just don't see either of them in the PoE with the flips we've had.

But Launch... look how he obsessed over that dog thing from last game! Even putting aside business, the difference in approach is phenomenal. He even apparently has another mystery - the gag order - but he's not obsessing. He's not moving. He's not even spinning in circles. He's performing.

I decided to not let them rig it, I'm not trying to give scum a bone or anything, but I feel like this should be played as intended.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Did Jman play somewhere else before or just with us? I’m trying to figure out if he’s pulling stuff from another meta or not.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Just noticed that I had access here.

Did Jman play somewhere else before or just with us? I’m trying to figure out if he’s pulling stuff from another meta or not.

He supposedly is new just to here. I know he said he's read a lot of games and apparently has read a lot of mafia strategy elsewhere but as far as I know he hadn't played before.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Huh. I guess he just has some Jman peculiarities then. That whole thing with Launch had me ???? but if that's just how he's reading it, makes sense, I guess.

I know its so easy to say from spec chat but town just need someone to take control and cut through the bullshit. People are being able to spout nonsense and get away with it.

Kyan really should just take control I think others would follow him.

Yeah it's a wrap, they wanted nin to copy a vig shot and shoot launch but now that ain't happening, nin is the final scum as most of you have guessed, spoilers I guess.

weemadarthur

Mad as in angry, or mad as in crazy?
is the twilight role scum then? Why is launch shocked that the twilight role gets to option something?

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Yeah it's a wrap, they wanted nin to copy a vig shot and shoot launch but now that ain't happening, nin is the final scum as most of you have guessed, spoilers I guess.
I was really still not sure about Stan but I guess he's town after all!

he didn't yell "eat me" enough to make me townread him, I guess

*clears throat* I think you mean, Monkey and Fanto, were right about Launch, thank you. :P

Wz9F2fu.png
I've been busy lately, but I also called Launch being scum a while ago.

Anything worth reading in the last phase? Work is killing me with Thanksgiving preparations and I'm tempted to just mark the thread read lol.

lokiduck

Will definitely be interesting to see how the night phase goes lol.

Too bad we can't read the night chats. :<

I got another one of my friends reading the game and she was def disappointed she can't read them until the game is over. XD

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
Will definitely be interesting to see how the night phase goes lol.

Too bad we can't read the night chats. :<

I got another one of my friends reading the game and she was def disappointed she can't read them until the game is over. XD
What we want to know is.........how does your friend like the truffleshuffles?
:pikathink:

LaunchpadMcQ

...can I smell you?
Ah, finally, the forbidden fruit of spec.

These last two games have been great for giving me some lessons learned and areas to improve on. This game in particular, while I think the deck was stacked against us, there were ways we could’ve played better to avoid this outcome. Zeke shooting Monkey; me talking myself into a lunch. I feel bad for Fran because he was playing better than any of us imo. It was a fun game all in all, though. I am definitely going to take improving my town play very seriously and go read some high level games to hopefully figure out how towntell better than I have been in either game I’ve played this season.

LaunchpadMcQ

...can I smell you?
I did breadcrumb my role once and zeke quoted it, so scum might have known, I need to get better at breadcrumbing rather than leaving whole slices of bread on the ground.
I just got down to reading through the thread, and I wanted to address this. We had no idea you had this role. Actually, my argument for killing you was that it was only a matter of time before you were townread and I wanted to preempt that, so yes, mad kudos to your townplay. It was just luck about the role.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
So who died?

Guessing probably Chugg or Kyan? I don't remember all the role claims that were out though.

Turm is only suspicious of me, lol.

c’mon hawthorn, don’t be against turbos. Be against turbos before stuff is worked out, sure, but this is pretty clear cut. The rest of us want to play, okay??
Yeah idk why they waiting this long, I thought the person with the gun would open the day by shooting nin.

weemadarthur

Mad as in angry, or mad as in crazy?
At least it isn’t as boring. I don’t see why a secondhand serial killer is a threat to town per se. town is the self threat. Because of poor aim. Lol.

Verelios

Were-elios
Also @Verelios when you get here :< You broke my heat a bit when you RB'd me, not because you RB'd me, but because you quoted my response I made to your comment to monkey. When i made that comment I was imitating how you respond to my ideas when we make games together ;w;

I really did just find the comment funny ;w; So I imitated you ;w; and it used it as a reason to RB me.

But hey I scum read you all game :<
:< Tbh, most of the block was OMGUS because you called my role scummy. But I did lean town for you after d2 which is why I compared you with Jman.

turmoil7

Imperial Corps Commander Who Cheers the Army
also, who said rocinante earlier? What does that book have to do with one piece? Why is flavor??

The short answer is, a character is named like that(funnily, that character is Corazon(a codename), the one I compared LP to)

The more detailed answer is that in One Piece's world almost all landmasses are islands, this allows the author to create a new settings for every arc, each with it's own locals and culture. Sometimes inspired in the real world, others not. There is the Egypt inspired island, the Alice in Wonderland island, the Japan island, etc.

The arc this game's flavor happens in set in Spain, and there are lose references to it.

Corrida Colloseum references 'corridas de toros'(bullfighting) although in the series it's the arena of a Gladiator Tournament

The Doquixote Family(the villainous gang) is a reference to Don Quixote(it seems the author wasn't aquitanced with the work other than by name), so is Rocinante/Corazon, a spy infiltrated in it.

The architecture is inspired in Gaudi's buildings, etc

lokiduck

:< Tbh, most of the block was OMGUS because you called my role scummy. But I did lean town for you after d2 which is why I compared you with Jman.
:D That's good to hear then ;w; If only I hadn't been redirected I would have made sure you gotten double the results on me ;w;

Top Bottom