Ghost in the Skeld

Status
Not open for further replies.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Man. Hawthorn is out there pouring their heart out. Blarg is flipping out and can't believe what is happening.

Verelios (and this may be avatar bias) is sitting there with a shit eating grin going "lol, no"

Verelios made a fantastic claim btw. And while Kyan's claim is probably sub optimal long term when they decided to stack nin the plan was to win today. So they are going hard as hell to do it and they have 3 town in the bag. Sorian, Leo and Turm. I think they have it in the bag. I said that the double stack and the kyan claim were sub-optimal, that was only if the game went to tomorrow.

IF verelios hadn't countered Blarg I think there is some doubt but acceptance of Blarg as the cop. Verelios comes under pressure and mafia panic and bus. And it would have 100% went onto Vere. Blarg was already calling one in kyan and vere. The medic claim took Kyan out the equation.

Verelios has got some good checks which were already playing into town's mindset. Countering Blarg and red-checking Hawthorn. Because town has been so stubborn this game and has done little consideration of the fact they might have been wrong it is easy for them to go along with. No one wants to consider "hey if we were wrong on Hawthorn were we wrong on zippped too?"

I think Sorian is a lock to vote against town.
Leo might change his mind
Turm? Who knows?
Vere is open wolfing while Blarg is trying to solve and if this town votes out Blarg, I don't even know.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
It’s done if no one removes a vote. Scum can just hammer as soon as the meeting starts. Unless they’re still worried about the vig

the Blarg vs Vere situation is a replay of every town cop vs mafia counterclaim scenario I've ever seen and it hurts that no one sees it other than Thorny. Vere isn't even doing anything other than riding a wave of town's preconceptions, offering himself up if the flip is wrong, it's all obvious scum tells.

what scum tells town he checked himself when faking a cop claim? that's such a dumb townie thing to do in a game like this, people aren't even really looking at what Blarg has said or done.

i love when scum has to work to flip the cop on claims like this (because I've done it as scum and it's usually hard as fuck), but they're really not needing to here, and are open wolfing, so it's just a painful to watch conclusion.

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
Verelios is presenting the game as solved so he isn't inclined to be doing any real work.

1 kill last night so there was a hit, probably zipped. Or something weird happened with the vig and it is swamped... who cares. 1 down
Blarg is 2
Hawthorn is 3

His claim is so solid that town want to believe it. I think that the want to believe in a solution is overriding any sort of willingness to doubt it. If you believe Blarg.. ok you got Verelios. But Vere voted on both zipped and swamped so did the medic get a save? Why would mafia stack on nin? There are two other scum out there that aren't Blarg or Hawthorn. That sounds like a lot to consider. So people assume it must be impossible.

Verelios is presenting the game as solved so he isn't inclined to be doing any real work.
That should be a red flag considering this is a game where you can't be sure of the information you're getting is true to the reality of the game if you're not the cop.

No one should be confident that the game is solved in this setup. Vere claiming after Blarg is sus as hell, and it's awfully convenient that he's presenting a game that's simple to wrap up to town compared to Blarg's version that rightfully declares that the game is still a mess.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
That should be a red flag considering this is a game where you can't be sure of the information you're getting is true to the reality of the game if you're not the cop.

No one should be confident that the game is solved in this setup. Vere claiming after Blarg is sus as hell, and it's awfully convenient that he's presenting a game that's simple to wrap up to town compared to Blarg's version that rightfully declares that the game is still a mess.

I think the issue is that if Vere is telling the truth this shit is solved and they can go home with a W. If Blarg is telling the truth they actually have to put in work once Vere is dead

I'm not so experienced with blarg but his town play here and in eastenders was massively different to his scum play in eza. I don't know if its not normally so cut and dry but in both those town games he was clearly trying to solve.

Faddy

lol, I saw the original post here and looked at Hedin's post again and realized how it could have looked like he meant to post that in scum chat

My first thought was why is Hedin even posting. Then I quick skimmed it and it was like LOL kyan we hammering this right away. It fried my brain for a minute.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
dhkeMoN.gif

Faddy

Does town ever win here?

This is a top tier scum team.

You can all go and like Verelios posts when the boards open. But I'll quote

> Vere, that was one of the ballsiest moves that I have seen, I don't know if I would have claimed when the cop had no red checks.

> I didn't want to. I had my vanilla post ready literally a minute before Blarg posted, someone called me so I stepped away, and when I came back Blarg was trying to confirm THREE townies. Nah. Fuck that. It would be a lot riskier to go into the day with 3/6 of us the targets, and I heavily doubt Leo or Sorian would be their go to, leaving us to try and get turmoil out. I considered it for a minute and figured that it was a gamble that had the highest chance to succeed.

And ya'll came through for me with the assist, like damn. On the fly, you guys are the best.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
This is a top tier scum team.

You can all go and like Verelios posts when the boards open. But I'll quote

> Vere, that was one of the ballsiest moves that I have seen, I don't know if I would have claimed when the cop had no red checks.

> I didn't want to. I had my vanilla post ready literally a minute before Blarg posted, someone called me so I stepped away, and when I came back Blarg was trying to confirm THREE townies. Nah. Fuck that. It would be a lot riskier to go into the day with 3/6 of us the targets, and I heavily doubt Leo or Sorian would be their go to, leaving us to try and get turmoil out. I considered it for a minute and figured that it was a gamble that had the highest chance to succeed.

And ya'll came through for me with the assist, like damn. On the fly, you guys are the best.
Yeah, it was stone cold. And that they couldn't chat and coordinate was great.

Still mad at town tho

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
fucking hell and I was thinking of hammering myself from this literal Impostor stealing my face with me still in it and maybe my self-destruction would make Town wake the fuck up going forward because a scum wouldn't do that but I thought at the end maybe that's enough sci-fi tropes for one game plus they'd all just brush it off as me being theatric as a scum anyway

Faddy

fucking hell and I was thinking of hammering myself from this literal Impostor stealing my face with me still in it and maybe my self-destruction would make Town wake the fuck up going forward because a scum wouldn't do that but I thought at the end maybe that's enough sci-fi tropes for one game plus they'd all just brush it off as me being theatric as a scum anyway

Town are about to wake up alright. Wake up dead.

The game is functionally over. Mafia have 2 kills and will use them. But I am going to stick to the night phase timings because there is no way mafia can be sure that the medic or vig is dead. And either one could stop them winning.

It will be 3v3 tomorrow and an Impostor win.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
Vere you disgust the fuck out of me congratulations, very raw, very surgical

If I had survived honestly I think I'd still be clouded over with rage and go for the Sorian check I promised, but with Kyan claiming Doctor with no counter I hope that would've passed from me before the Night ended and that I'd do the sensible thing to check the sole claimant, but w e ' l l n e v e r k n o w

Faddy

I guess technically Geno or Terra could have been with Verelios.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
I think Kyan not dying would have fucked him if they actually listened to Blarg. I have no idea if they would get Hedin, but town would have had a chance!

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
I thought of the plan like it was emergency lighting, yes they can see us but there's a chance we might see them and they can see in the dark anyway so why not

Faddy

I think Kyan not dying would have fucked him if they actually listened to Blarg. I have no idea if they would get Hedin, but town would have had a chance!

It would probably have been turm and leo vs hedin. Which would have been really interesting.

Faddy

Scum are going into a detailed breakdown of how to win the game if one of them gets shot tonight.

They are definitely sweating on the fact that I didn't say anything about ending the night when actions are received.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
TY! Had the most [Mafia] fun in a while with this game, rage included and appreciated

About why I did what I did overall, I really felt we needed a different way to look at this game considering the gameplay settings. 15 players, open-info 3 PR's, 3 scum, 2 dead a Night while 3 scum, no flips on death? So each Night, we lose max 2 and can't ever tell who's what or if the danger has actually reduced or not. Numbers would dwindle down to a smaller & smaller pool of players who would likely devolve in the end to using each other's meta (if any) as gotcha's against each other, and I felt that alone was too unreliable to be acceptable.

The social/meta aspect is well & good for solving; it's what clued me in on a possible Impostor being between Vere & Kyan (I just didn't bet on it being both lol), because my meta of them is that they're some of the more strategic/sneaky thinking-type players present, who would be attracted to positioning themselves in spots they could usurp the Power Roles as a ready tactic just in case, rather than just cover-shooter the whole game to death. But I was only led to them because the plan allowed me to see over time that scum clearly wasn't touching the COP and MEDIC groups where they were/are.

And yes while that doesn't necessarily mean there are any scum there (they could just be deliberately avoiding attacking those groups to make me think there are, and that they were all in VIGILANTE), since I was the COP I could actually verify the slots being generally avoided. The plan gave me both a place to start aiming at plus a higher %-chance-to-hit scum IMO. If I wasn't the COP myself I would be trusting whoever was to be paying attention and doing that. I was working towards it when I began with Hawthorn in MEDIC. I felt Leo was comfortably soft-confirmed Town (something he did on D1 that felt like innocent mistakes? Can't remember what it was exactly but I remember reading something like that about him then) so he was my last priority between clearing the 2 groups. My fucking luck I didn't scan Vere in COP or Kyan in MEDIC first, lol

My self-check was a bit of an oops but hindsight/foresight bleh. I thought it was a good idea but I should've been going for quantity over quality, realised that too late

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
Once you knew Verelios was bad who did you think was his dead partner?

He voted on both Swamped and Zipped.
I'll admit I didn't really think about that further because I was so busy trying to fuck up Vere. I just entered the Day thinking Zipped was scum for some reason and we totally got one >_>

Faddy

My self-check was a bit of an oops but hindsight/foresight bleh. I thought it was a good idea but I should've been going for quantity over quality, realised that too late

I was giving you a bit of a hard time for it but you would have been in pretty much the same position if you had checked Geno or Terra. You robbed yourself of a shot at finding mafia. It was a lost opportunity more than a complete disaster*

When you starting talking about fake red checking someone I lost it. What was that plan? I am usually good at not responding to PMs but i felt like I had to say something because that was close to game throwing.

*if ty was mafia it would have all worked out.

Faddy

good at not responding to PMs

I mean I don't let people get extra info out of me. I appreciate any messages I am sent as mod.

I have 2 general stances.
1. I will answer your question and I will also answer it in the game thread.
2. No reply

When Blarg asked me about Self targeting it kind of broke that. He should know if he can self target, that is a game related question. But I can't clarify for everyone in the game thread during the game because it would tip everyone that the cop was alive.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
[...] When you starting talking about fake red checking someone I lost it. What was that plan? I am usually good at not responding to PMs but i felt like I had to say something because that was close to game throwing. [...]
You know when you're in a large group and there's a monster chasing you all? You trip someone because you're more important than them, right

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
It wouldn't have worked without the MEDIC being alive anyway. Although I guess scum could've kill-stacked on me too if I did it either way. In the end though it would hinge on scum leaving me alive in the belief they're saving me the "unnecessary evil" for an ejection by Town in public. But the hope is by then I'd have used that extra time I bought by sacrificing innocents and have caught some or all the scum, which I would then info-dump for Town to follow-up on once I saw the tide turning against me and then beg them to believe me that this time I really found scum though never mind that I'm asking you to eject like 5 people total when there's only 3 scum. And with no flips to incriminate me earlier that might actually mitigate the need for begging a bit and so up the success rate. What I'm trying to say is that it's a bad plan which is why it never works in fiction but in [Mafia] who knows

Just skimming through, the situation seems even more dire for town. I was surprised to read that Blarg got the axe over Vere. Blarg you really went in this game, so I really respect your play. Hawthorn is also putting in mad work. I'd like to see town make a turn around, but it doesn't seem likely.

But in a game with no flips, without throwing my own alignment into the mix, I don't have a check.
I have at best the fact that two people are different. It doesn't tell anyone who scum is.

I'm going to pretend I'm your cop and did the same checks.

So my results so far are

N1 Ty4on -> N2 Hawthorn = Same.

Let's say tonight I chuck Kyan's name in there, and let's pretend tonight's result is "Different"

And now I take that to the thread for reasons.

Who gets dead in this game? Because based on the game so far, I'm leaning Ty4on and Hawthorn, and then my "check" reveal probably gets two town killed instead of one imposter.

From my perspective the idea of including myself in the investigation line isn't there to clear me, it's to divorce my results from subjective reads - including my own.

Now you've explained it I can see how there's less room for that in a smaller game, but considering the overall lack of reads on display in this one I still don't necessarily think it would be a terrible thing.
In another game I could potentially understand a self check. But in a "Normal" game with only three town power roles and scum with two kills per night, I don't see why that should remotely be a concern for you. In a game with low info, any info that we can get helps. The self scan especially hurt because me and Geno were already dead so the first couple days were basically a wash for town. Town's basically fighting a sword fight bare handed this game.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Just skimming through, the situation seems even more dire for town. I was surprised to read that Blarg got the axe over Vere. Blarg you really went in this game, so I really respect your play. Hawthorn is also putting in mad work. I'd like to see town make a turn around, but it doesn't seem likely.

It's over already unless scum just completely lose their minds

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
The self check wasn’t that bad IMO. Game is quite short and lacking information so it can give you short term gain by sacrificing the long term, especially in a situation where you’re very unsure.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I will say this: this game, I hope, illustrates the importance of GETTING OUT THERE AND MAKING YOURSELF OBVIOUSLY TOWNY.

About six people have done it (seven if you count one dead person) and three of them are mafia. Yikes.

You know mafia is going to be trying to look town, but not doing it as town just leaves you a big question mark who people are going to kill.

I enjoy being more townie as scum than when I'm town. I don't know if that is progress or not.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Yeah, it was stone cold. And that they couldn't chat and coordinate was great.

Actually thinking it over for me personally I think not having chat during the day helped a little bit. I think it made me react a little more organically than if we were bouncing ideas around in chat.

Faddy

Actually thinking it over for me personally I think not having chat during the day helped a little bit. I think it made me react a little more organically than if we were bouncing ideas around in chat.

I think not being able to talk would also make you less likely to bus your partners.

If anything you still had too much communication. In live mafia you don't get to chat at night, all you can do is suggest someone to kill.

Leo

Quack Pack King

1 kill last night so there was a hit, probably zipped. Or something weird happened with the vig and it is swamped... who cares. 1 down
Blarg is 2
Hawthorn is 3

His claim is so solid that town want to believe it. I think that the want to believe in a solution is overriding any sort of willingness to doubt it. If you believe Blarg.. ok you got Verelios. But Vere voted on both zipped and swamped so did the medic get a save? Why would mafia stack on nin? There are two other scum out there that aren't Blarg or Hawthorn. That sounds like a lot to consider. So people assume it must be impossible.

Yeah, that was it. What fucked me was that i don't have much meta knowledge about Blarg so he was so over the top in everything he did it was really hard for me not to scum read him. I tried hard to stay null on him but when Vere counter claimed him it was the push it needed, there was no turning back.

And Vere presented a perfect narrative if you were looking at the game in a certain way, every piece just fell into place. While Blarg had a lot of rough edges during the game (obviously, because he was town and he didn't have any info), Vere looked great in hindsight, always reading the right people, always voting right in the right time. And then he came with that claim that was just cherry on the top.

This game more than any else should be played entirely free of biases and preconceptions, but i fell into that trap because having no info at all was so hard that it made me want to believe something as a certainty, and that was the biggest mistake. Lesson learned, i hope!

Verelios

Were-elios
Yeah, that was it. What fucked me was that i don't have much meta knowledge about Blarg so he was so over the top in everything he did it was really hard for me not to scum read him. I tried hard to stay null on him but when Vere counter claimed him it was the push it needed, there was no turning back.

And Vere presented a perfect narrative if you were looking at the game in a certain way, every piece just fell into place. While Blarg had a lot of rough edges during the game (obviously, because he was town and he didn't have any info), Vere looked great in hindsight, always reading the right people, always voting right in the right time. And then he came with that claim that was just cherry on the top.

This game more than any else should be played entirely free of biases and preconceptions, but i fell into that trap because having no info at all was so hard that it made me want to believe something as a certainty, and that was the biggest mistake. Lesson learned, i hope!
You were killing it as town. I mentioned in scum chat that if I had to CC against you it would end with me in a body bag.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member

I don't think its really possible to play free of bias/preconceptions/meta but I think the important thing is to realize what your blind spots are going to be in accordance for that and just make sure you double examine yourself there. I know its something that I have to work on myself a lot and still need to get better at.

Hawthorn

I'll explain my reasons later
Man, it was vindicating reading this thread!

Dear Hawthorn,

I think you are very cool. Can we be friends? Plz circle one: y/y

luv,
your secret admirer

I wish I knew who left this note.. I want to be friends with them!

Blarg's mechanics on the vigilante isn't exactly wrong. Other than the possibility of the vigilante stacking targets with mafia... but that is quite a long shot.

Which is why it isn't actually a bad idea for the vigilante to claim whenever they want, even on day 1. I don't think Terra was wrong to just hold both his shot and his claim. He could genuinely have had no expectation of dying in the night. Very unfortunate circumstances for town. If he was alive he opens the day by claiming and saying he didn't shoot. Everyone knows Swamped was town and they can work from there.

Claiming before you shoot gets out of this scenario Blarg describes where mafia can claim vigilante after deducing that the vig is dead.

1oYeMF4.png

Hawthorn did a good job of explaining her thoughts on the likely scenarios. They need to see there is no claim and now there are 3 possible scenarios where Swamped was town and only 1 where she was mafia.

I should have gone back to look at my own chart!

You know what, fuck it.

I sat on my hands not wanting to be criticised for not seeing whatever you were all seeing yesterday, but I just don't understand why that previous cop move bothers you all so much.

If I had that role it's the very first thing I'd have asked if I could do. It turns comparative speculation into confirmation. It's so damn obvious to me as a move that I'd have expected it to be disallowed and for the answer to be "lol no, of course not", but I'd still have asked.

And I refuse to let that person walk in here after the game and see all this lolwhuting and think nobody was on their side, even if the fact it's me saying I'd do it is more damning than any of your comments would be
767883192958713916.png

... that newer plan though, nah.
Nu uh, that's not one I'd claim
746229884040380417.png

100% agree. When the game started I thought that were all supposed to submit PR actions & we'd find out later if we were real PRs, so I was thinking about what I would do as cop, and I had already decided to self-target on the first night. I would just rather have certainty than probabilities.

I will say this: this game, I hope, illustrates the importance of GETTING OUT THERE AND MAKING YOURSELF OBVIOUSLY TOWNY.

About six people have done it (seven if you count one dead person) and three of them are mafia. Yikes.

You know mafia is going to be trying to look town, but not doing it as town just leaves you a big question mark who people are going to kill.

I definitely realized how important credibility is this game! I thought town play was all about figuring out who's mafia, but that's not enough. You also have to have the credibility to convince others.

Blarg is 2
Hawthorn is 3

That was the problem. It's just too attractive to have a solution that ties everything up. Great mafia play.

the real secret is that we're actually same page about a lot of things, but I purposefully put myself on the opposite end of the spectrum to watch how you and everyone else reacts.

I'm very uninterested in being too predictable.

Meta-mafia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom