Scheming and Plotting

Ephidel

How do you do, fellow mafia?
If my action tonight bounces back the message is going to be the least of the signs.
But I know what you mean, you want to see if anything else ends up somewhere weird after yesterday.

I really was just considering sending a gif to ATP but it's probably not the best plan if HP is blocking there.

Do you have a preference for where it goes?

I could always send Chuggs that quote he couldn't find yesterday because he was looking for it in the wrong place
767883192958713916.png

Ephidel

Heh, I was being far more literal.

Strongman should override roleblock at least so only the message should suffer.
Knowing if someone tried will be tough unless anyone actually comments on the message of course.
Actual bounce back might leave me nice and dead though.

weemadarthur

Mad as in angry, or mad as in crazy?
Well what can one do. Unlike some ideas in the thread, i don’t know anything about the setup lol.

weemadarthur

a package but not any messages. So they just go poof. Shame i can’t read em before i “lose” em.

weemadarthur

Town is probably low on power roles now; they had a weakish sort of cop and a medium which can do another cop check. A gossip and a doctor and maybe a switcher, that’s still impossible to tell because through the lens of blarg. lol.

But who could send a package already if they don’t open yet? Maybe this is role madness and they didn’t say.

Ephidel

I got a message addressed to me telling me I'm not going to get away with this. I assume it was from Chuggs.

But considering the push against me today didn't start as heavy as I expected, now I finished work I get to flail and work out if there's any way to try.
Or at the very least if there's a way to implicate the people providing alternatives by association.

weemadarthur

Try to go up against chuggs if you like. Some people might be on your side.

HP you should not just jump into killing ephi if you have been defending her up til now. If she flips chuggs automatically looks smart and he’s onto you. So, be consistent with your previous days’ behavior.

Ephidel

You might want to dial it back, you don't usually get hostile.

Alternatively, you might want to jump the fuck on Blarg.

weemadarthur

Jumping on a neutral is pretty scummy but if the packages he is sending are all bombs and i’m collecting them.....er.....then i get blown up maybe? Ugh who knows. Maybe he self ignites and fails to kill anyone because he has failed to mark properly?

glad ephi didn’t go with any neutral claim.

weemadarthur

I threw in the dog sniffer reference because iirc it was chuggs’ role in a previous bastard game and was nothing/useless. But don’t mention that, see if someone else picks it up.

Ephidel

Do you have your fancy word dictionary to hand Wee?
Just curious if that claim Blarg couched in unreadable words was real, but I'm struggling to decipher it.

Obviously I'm not going to mention it in the thread in case it gives him an escape route, heh.

Ephidel

If I had to describe my Role this game one might zygostatically consider it to be not too dissimilar to a pamphagous orgiophant, oporopolicious in its unpenariousness yet suffarcinated with a desospitable promise of noscible palintocy without fear of quaeritatic pudification lol

weemadarthur

Oh yeah i haven’t finished translating that one.
pamphagous is probably eats anything.
pudify was, seeing other ppl as equal to oneself or sommit.

weemadarthur

Noscible is an adjective pronounced as /nose'ci'bul/ from the post-classical Latin word 'noscibilis' for 'recognizable' (early 3rd cent. in Tertullian) or 'knowable' (4th–5th cent. in Augustine). The word is also classical Latin 'nōscere' for 'to know.' It means knowable; recognizable; well-known..

weemadarthur

palintocyn1693 -1847
repayment of interest paid on a loan
I understand you can't pay me everything, but I demand a palintocy, at the very least.

weemadarthur

You are Lisa the Label Maker and you are a Switcher, Package Thief, and Messenger.

You are aligned with those wanting revenge on the U.S. Postal System (That is Mafia).

During the night you can target two players with the command, Label Switch: Player 1 and Player 2. The two players will be swapped and all actions that are supposed to happen to one player will happen to the other and vice versa.

Additionally when you switch targets, any packages that were going to be delivered to either of them will be sent to you instead. Finally you will sabotage any messages being sent to your two targets.
the heck does sabotage mean lol? It doesn’t seem to um. Make them go bye bye. Is the spec thread writing these adjusted messages?

weemadarthur

Sounds like blarg was hedging his bets on bombing people he town/scum read.

Unless the package in the mail was not a bomb headed for sorian/salva. Maybe he tags people with a note?

weemadarthur

That keeps all the people who think chuggs is scummier than ephi around and makes chuggs look like a bad doctor or whatever.

Yes?

weemadarthur

He doesn’t say much when he’s bored but it’s hard to bullshit him because he’s an old hand at it.

weemadarthur

I gotta say.
We may not be making arguments that keep us from being scum read, but when it comes to targets, we are *spot on* for role usage.

Shame the other thing matters more XD

Ephidel

Well, I know what this plan is going to be.
Using myself as the example, ATP tells EC what to send in gossip, EC sends it, both of them can't get dead so one of them remains to know what got sent.
Everyone remaining alive tomorrow is asked to claim what they sent, I can't have received any of it, and they know what EC sent so I can't bullshit.
And if we switch me someone else would get my mail so they'd know they haven't got EC's.

Role priority is

Copy
Hide
Switch
Block
Redirect
Protect
Misc
Kill
Recruit
Inspect

right?

I assume messages are misc, so he'd be expected to have sent it before dying.

Ephidel

I guess we don't know that though.
We don't know if Nat actually sent anyone anything, it was the initial assumption he sent HP his MGS message but that was before HP said he got sent smut.
Nobody claimed getting anything Hawthorn-y today but that doesn't mean they didn't and just kept quiet, of course.

weemadarthur

RBing EC won’t matter because he won’t know it happened, it’ll still make the intended recipient look bad to not get it.

weemadarthur

HP won’t get anything due to being ascetic

We could switch chuggs and ephi because that’s funny right there

Ephidel

Actually that's a good idea. Sswitch me with Chuggs and then if he does only get some other message to pin my mailbox down and not ECs and tries to claim as much I can just go "Oh yeah, I'll just take your word for that, very convincing"

Ephidel

Yeah, pick someone else to roleblock.
Salva to stop whatever protective shit it is he does?
Maybe Jman to see if you get an item off him, or Stan so you both do that and also annoy him when he realises another one of his cool night messages is lost to the ether?

Ephidel

How the fuck am I meant to argue that we need to to stop this silliness and just get rid of Blarg without coming across as scummy in the process.

Ephidel

This is ridiculous. We have a self professed mercenary arsonist who immediately went for the double cross when his deal wasn't accepted just sitting in thread and they're just happy to leave him there.

weemadarthur

They’re not wrong tho lol. Killing mafia is more important than neutrals and stuff. Plus blarg is being all pro town and picked people they scum read to target.

it should be noted i certainly received a package and i’m lying my ass off about not getting it, poor blarg is frustrated.

Ephidel

I would like our LoVely gamerunners to know that despite everything, I do appreciate that the guy I've been butting up against all game actually does have flavour the direct opposite of mine.
That's amusing.

weemadarthur

Should i drop the bomb that i am bulletproof so blarg can’t technically murder me with a bomb, and let them ask why am i not counterclaiming the doctor?

Ephidel

I don't follow the logic for why you would be expected to counterclaim the doctor in that case but considering the fact my brain is clearly well and truly fried going by the way I am fucking up in thread, that's probably to be expected.
That's what I get for being up since 4:30 am, spending half the day working, and the other half babysitting a two-in-two-days year old I guess.

Ephidel

You probably know them better than me, but I'm not convinced that's what'll come to mind.

Ephidel

Anyhow, whatever hope I had earlier that I could get out of this again has pretty much gone at this point, which is... frustrating, but I'm just completely coming up blank.

When I die, I'm sorry.
You were both great teammates and it's been a learning process, but I learnt too slow and I'm sorry that I've fucked you over in the process. I hope at least there's enough there for you to push misvotes towards people who defended me at various points.

weemadarthur

I dunno what to do lol, but I’ll try. With the time I have available which genuinely isn’t that much.

weemadarthur

You can use the sleepwalking claim to explain your asceticness, and why you can’t get messages, and that you didn’t see a need to mention since tracker was vote out d1

weemadarthur

And argue that a weirdass 3rd cop needs to have things that screw it up like the miller, so of course a sleepwalker is to counter that TOO, for EC

weemadarthur

So, what, that just meant “wait i forgot the day end command?” :P

sabotage: thechuggernaut

Mail: weemadarthur
self, you are very confused

Top Bottom