Status
Not open for further replies.

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
Y’all need to stop being so mean to yourselves

you’re doing great Ephi even if I hope scum stabs you in your sleep
Yeah

ghostcop.png

I keep telling Ephi she's a good player and shouldn't be down about it, but she has a hard time believing me.

She's doing great and I'm so proud of her every game she plays.

buncry.png

Why did Wax Tell town he was new Doctor? I don't understand how that helps at all.

Can anyone explain to met the Tactical advantage?
645686911020564493.png

It's sparks. I don't know what you expected.

lokiduck

Again it's Sparks

721074221349863565.png

I'm not evne surprised at this point.

1. As a confirmed lover in Scooby Doo mafia, he coasted all game once they claimed, and he's been doing the same here as a town mason.

2. Since it's sparks, of course he would claim to be the doc because why the fuck not. Some of you were joking that he won't even know how to use the command which :surprised: is unfortunately justified.

So all of you shouldn't be surprised that'd he'd insist Hyde was doused when they weren't.

:laughing:

You need to stop being surprised by sparks at this point, but all of this nonsense is what makes Sparks Sparks.

744083918113996880.png

Last edited:

lokiduck

i actually gotta hand it to town right now

if i was in there id have thrown my hands up and just told scum to vote me
Yeah Ephi 100% didn't want to be put in this position LOL (she's probably been hoping all game she'll get killed by scum or Boo), but she really is trying her best and that's great :D

lokiduck

I never Played with a Sparks that Did not die the first 2 days.

I kind of assumed he would get super serious in the late stages of the game.
LOL nope. Sparks is always in Sparks mode all game. Again the same thing happened when Sparks was confirmed town as a lover in Scooby Doo (funny how he ended up partnered up twice in Aeleus' scooby games).

lokiduck

Look maybe Sparks is really good at night action target selection.

he is saving his thread solving energy to calculate the perfect selection as we speak.
Jman, it's great you believe in Sparks.

In our own way we all hope that Sparks will surprise us... but this is the same Sparks that has misunderstood his roles or not noticed his powers were day based like with his role in Mystery mafia lol.

Again all of this is what makes Sparks Sparks, so there's nothing wrong with that. XD

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
@Kyanrute did you know who we were when you made that post about us being good as scum? Obviously you knew who Geno was

The post in response to Alien being paranoid about your WIFOM? I knew Geno and I thought that you were Nat :P That misread then caused a cascade of other identity misreads. It really did not matter if I was right about your identity or not, the fact that you got nigh universally town read on the early days for doing fuck all showed that you at least knew how to handle yourself as scum. After all, the point of the post was to get Alien to do something else than repeat the same things over and over.

Baba Yaga

Costume Account (He/Him)
Someone have a list of who's who I am so confused.
I was expecting to post so I have time, let's make an overview of costume <-> players?

dead
Char - Geno
Cat - Fanto
Gnome - Chuggs
Snacks - Launch
Frankenstein - ATP
Ghost Bear - Zipped
Tech - LP
Hyde - Bear
Baba - Gorlak
Anthos - ?

Sans - Monkey
Wax - Sparks
Lightning - Jman
old Captain - Ambulance
new Captain - Wee

thread guesses:
Alien - HP
Kook - Hawthorn

Fanto says:
Snow Ghost - Kyan
Woodsman - Malus
Pazzo - Natiko

So missing
(Kook?)
Snow Creature
Neon Phantom
BooBeard
Stan
A bit outdated. Hawthorn was Stan.

Baba Yaga

Costume Account (He/Him)
New & complete list in order of death + living:

30 foot shaggy - blargonaut
Anthos - rac
Frankenstein - ATP
Ghost Bear - Zipped
Tech - LP
Gnome - Chuggs
Snacks - Launch
(old Captain - Ambulance)
Char - Geno
Hyde - Bear
Cat - Fanto
Baba - Gorlak
Woodsman - Malus
Stan - Hawthorn
Kook - Ketkat
Snow Creature - Bojack
Snow Ghost - Kyan
Alien - HP
Lightning - Jman
---
Wax - Sparks
Neon - Ephidel
new Captain - Wee
Boo - (new player)
Sans - Monkey
Pazzo - Natiko

and that should be all.

Hey @HPSauce,
I think I'm just a bit sour on how we tend to not evaluate games afterwards. This game is a fine game with lots of good play. But in order to evolve and raise the bar, we have to keep looking at the things that didn't go so well.

I understand your urge to help out a new player. Boo lied and he was called out for that. Jumping in front of him was unnecessary and framed a huge part of the game. When we have nothing on D1, a nervous player botching his entrance is certainly something to look at. Town doesn't have to lie, look experienced or anything. We had him, let him go away and never turned back.

This was done in huge parts by scum who thought he was innocent until the last day (yeah yeah such a bad case if you think you know boo is town, right). Rereading you can see how Gnome, Char, Sans and Pazzo nearly the whole scum team called Anthos a good lynch and manipulated town's view.

Rac was rightfully pissed, scum toyed with him and town went along (albeit coasting through D1 can be called out as well, but there were lots of people doing this, me too). This was a set-up and no one but Stan and me looked at this. I warned everyone of Sans at the start of D2. It became clearer and clearer that she was steering the discussion, omitted facts and just made everyone dance to her tune. And no one batted an eye. Everyone overlooked the loop holes and bad posts because she was condescending to anyone who disagreed.
Even after delivering scum Char on a silver plate, no one bothered to look back at who else I fighted with. I made it crystal clear that something is up with Sans, but because she succeed in ridiculing me, no one bothered to look at what was said even after being confirmed per death. Do you want some notes?
  • inconsistent read on Snow Creature
  • slipping the switcher
  • and doubling down on her wrong assumption
  • being salty for not getting town cred on "destroying" gnome's (or char's?) fake claim
And after Char's flip it should've been the default lynch.

If you want to go by Mafia Universe gameplay tips:
Scum is more jumpy at day starts and ends. They are more nervous and tend to slip up more often around these times. And what do we have in this very game? Start of D2:
  • Gnome AND Char jumping at my Sans vote!!! people have to see this!
This is the biggest waving flag when two flipped scum do this. This is independent of whatever Sans says or does, this is mates exposing their teammember.

And as if that wasn't enough: you have her missing any meaningful conversation with Char. Char was the leading contender at some point D2 and she didn't talk about it. Not about Char, not about the train, not about the votes, no nothing. Everything and everyone else, yes - but she didn't even give her opinion on this, when she was orchestrating every single wagon and possibility. Evidently it is pretty obvious they were on a team.
Damn it, she played a good game. She almost got town to eat up Stan because Stan was looking at the right things. She got me with this, I didn't pay attention, but after realising what happened I spoke out. And still nobody cared. Sans played a good game, but I think town should've gotten her.

I have no problem with playing hardball and dealing with the fallout, but I already said I think it went a bit far. Personally the biggest problem post-game I have is #1785, but she wants to talk about it, so I'll wait.

I'm disappointed in myself for not noticing the Pazzo connection earlier tbh. The "why is he townread for sth. I faked much better" was the biggest clue. Also him trying to snipe me when Sans couldn't should've been a wake-up call too. The soft Sans push D5 from him should've been scrutinized. He went back from that far too easily and it lays out perfectly why Sans is scum.
Woodsman was a foregone conclusion, he was so high on everyones suspect list I'm really astonished no one considered the bus here, but I've also payed less attention... so after all if it wins them the game, it was a good bus I guess.

Eh, I've rambled a bit.

What I wanted to say is, reading "char was self-inflicted" when I tried my hardest to get him lynched is so demotivating. It's like you didn't even see how I pushed him and got him to the point where he had to claim. I poured so much energy in this game and seeing that washed away with a bitter comment just hurt.

Oh whoops, didn't notice I could already post with this account here.
Baba Yaga talking here, my old username is gone for a while now too, I just used it to clarify who I am for everyone.

Hi I'm Yuta, sometimes I'm Geno's wingman, other times we call each other stupid.

Everyone please give me criticism for my game
You've already acknowledge your biggest flaw. If you want to become better, don't be happy with being pocketed. Your failsafe didn't work out, you died when you outlived your usefulness for scum. Being nice or mean isn't alignment indicative.

HPSauce

Wait, I was right? Fuck
Hey @HPSauce,
I think I'm just a bit sour on how we tend to not evaluate games afterwards. This game is a fine game with lots of good play. But in order to evolve and raise the bar, we have to keep looking at the things that didn't go so well.

I understand your urge to help out a new player. Boo lied and he was called out for that. Jumping in front of him was unnecessary and framed a huge part of the game. When we have nothing on D1, a nervous player botching his entrance is certainly something to look at. Town doesn't have to lie, look experienced or anything. We had him, let him go away and never turned back.

This was done in huge parts by scum who thought he was innocent until the last day (yeah yeah such a bad case if you think you know boo is town, right). Rereading you can see how Gnome, Char, Sans and Pazzo nearly the whole scum team called Anthos a good lynch and manipulated town's view.

Rac was rightfully pissed, scum toyed with him and town went along (albeit coasting through D1 can be called out as well, but there were lots of people doing this, me too). This was a set-up and no one but Stan and me looked at this. I warned everyone of Sans at the start of D2. It became clearer and clearer that she was steering the discussion, omitted facts and just made everyone dance to her tune. And no one batted an eye. Everyone overlooked the loop holes and bad posts because she was condescending to anyone who disagreed.
Even after delivering scum Char on a silver plate, no one bothered to look back at who else I fighted with. I made it crystal clear that something is up with Sans, but because she succeed in ridiculing me, no one bothered to look at what was said even after being confirmed per death. Do you want some notes?
  • slipping the switcher
  • being salty for not getting town cred on "destroying" gnome's (or char's?) fake claim

Scum is more jumpy at day starts and ends. They are more nervous and tend to slip up more often around these times. And what do we have in this very game? Start of D2:
This is the biggest waving flag when two flipped scum do this. This is independent of whatever Sans says or does, this is mates exposing their teammember.

And as if that wasn't enough: you have her missing any meaningful conversation with Char. Char was the leading contender at some point D2 and she didn't talk about it. Not about Char, not about the train, not about the votes, no nothing. Everything and everyone else, yes - but she didn't even give her opinion on this, when she was orchestrating every single wagon and possibility. Evidently it is pretty obvious they were on a team.
Damn it, she played a good game. She almost got town to eat up Stan because Stan was looking at the right things. She got me with this, I didn't pay attention, but after realising what happened I spoke out. And still nobody cared. Sans played a good game, but I think town should've gotten her.

I have no problem with playing hardball and dealing with the fallout, but I already said I think it went a bit far. Personally the biggest problem post-game I have is #1785, but she wants to talk about it, so I'll wait.

I'm disappointed in myself for not noticing the Pazzo connection earlier tbh. The "why is he townread for sth. I faked much better" was the biggest clue. Also him trying to snipe me when Sans couldn't should've been a wake-up call too. The soft Sans push D5 from him should've been scrutinized. He went back from that far too easily and it lays out perfectly why Sans is scum.
Woodsman was a foregone conclusion, he was so high on everyones suspect list I'm really astonished no one considered the bus here, but I've also payed less attention... so after all if it wins them the game, it was a good bus I guess.

Eh, I've rambled a bit.

What I wanted to say is, reading "char was self-inflicted" when I tried my hardest to get him lynched is so demotivating. It's like you didn't even see how I pushed him and got him to the point where he had to claim. I poured so much energy in this game and seeing that washed away with a bitter comment just hurt.
Look, I feel bad about the boo thing leading to Anthos dying. But at the end of the day I knew full well they were a new player and made that post because i couldn't justify dojng nothing given I knew that. So yeah I do feel bad. Do I regret it though? Hell no. I do it again given the chance. I fully expected to die when I made the post.

As for the Char thing. I genuinely believe without Char's bad claim that vote wouldn't happen. But the fact of the matter is that your (and others) pushing them is what led to that bad claim and ultimately what led to the vote. I was gutted when you died. I thought you were pretty much our strongest voice.

We should've got Sans. Maybe If I didn't freak out we would've done. IDK. I just spent two day phases screaming into the void and getting everything I say misconstrued by scum. I came very very close to blowing up on day 5. You'll have to figure me for not really feel like evaluating my game right now.

Lightning Strikes

Costume Account (He/Him)
Spaced out a bit on this depressing game, but everybody's right that Alien (HP??? still not totaly sure) is right about everything. Goes to show that even when everyone is against you and attacking you you don't have to give up as town... but even if he pushed the case against Pazzo more there aren't enough town to be convinced by it, so there's not much he can do. IMO town still has a chance to win though, because I don't believe that Boo's reads that he's posting in the thread are his real reads. He wants 1) to stay alive and 2) to hit mafia with his next douse, both good reaons to play it close to the chest.
I had no guess at all for kook while I was alive

So this is the post that made me think. Kook was Hawthorn because it was the first post I read from Hawthorn in the spectator thread and it came closely after Kooks death (reading in reverse order.)

After I was told she was Gnome I found Gnome seemed chuggs.

This triggered hours of tracking down who each players real name is.

And I was terrible at it until that list posted I still had no idea who anyone was.

How the hell do y'all recognize people?

Also @Hawthorn early on at different points in like first 2 or 3 days I kept thinking you were Boobeard pretending to be new lol.

I was going to push Boobeard to get voted out because I figured it was scum Hawthorn type of play

Boobeard eventually looked so new it was no way he was faking

Last edited:

Lightning Strikes

Costume Account (He/Him)
You've already acknowledge your biggest flaw. If you want to become better, don't be happy with being pocketed. Your failsafe didn't work out, you died when you outlived your usefulness for scum. Being nice or mean isn't alignment indicative.
I will absolutely continue to be happy being pocketed.

I'm coming up with new schemes to take full advantage of my being pocketed as we speak!

Scum thinks they are going to trap me but it is I who will Trap them!!!!!!

Look, I feel bad about the boo thing leading to Anthos dying. But at the end of the day I knew full well they were a new player and made that post because i couldn't justify dojng nothing given I knew that. So yeah I do feel bad. Do I regret it though? Hell no. I do it again given the chance. I fully expected to die when I made the post.

As for the Char thing. I genuinely believe without Char's bad claim that vote wouldn't happen. But the fact of the matter is that your (and others) pushing them is what led to that bad claim and ultimately what led to the vote. I was gutted when you died. I thought you were pretty much our strongest voice.

We should've got Sans. Maybe If I didn't freak out we would've done. IDK. I just spent two day phases screaming into the void and getting everything I say misconstrued by scum. I came very very close to blowing up on day 5. You'll have to figure me for not really feel like evaluating my game right now.
If people I hadn't gotten 5 votes the second Thorn mentioned the idea then I wouldn't have claimed, everyone was ready to get me, I don't think I could've lived there.

Hawthorn

I'll explain my reasons later
Hey @HPSauce,

• slipping the switcher

Eh, I've rambled a bit.

I don't agree with everything you said, but this was a really good analysis of the way mafia manipulated the early days of the game. It was very instructive reading for me, thank you for laying all of that out.

Also @Hawthorn early on at different points in like first 2 or 3 days I kept thinking you were Boobeard pretending to be new lol.

I was going to push Boobeard to get voted out because I figured it was scum Hawthorn type of play

That is definitely the kind of thing I would have done (but I wouldn't have used so much mafia slang, or admitted that I knew your post style!) Sorry I messed with you by saying I was Gnome, just having fun.

Hawthorn

I'll explain my reasons later
I have to root for Boobeard now that he said he's Canadian! Maybe he's lying about having doused Skunkbeard and there's still a chance... it's possible.

rac

whatever
Yeah I would agree with you. I think Skunk has been scrambling a bit today.

what?

im sorry but what

hey town heres all the anti town shit ive done throughout the game
hey skunk you're also doused and imma ignite tonight no matter what

what do you want him to do?

Yeah boo honestly is what fucked town. I'm a little bitter about a new player signing up to a costume game because they didn't want people to know they are new, and then immediately play the I'm new card day 1. Then kill nothing but town and enable monkeys bullshit.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Yeah boo honestly is what fucked town. I'm a little bitter about a new player signing up to a costume game because they didn't want people to know they are new, and then immediately play the I'm new card day 1. Then kill nothing but town and enable monkeys bullshit.

ehhhh, he’s a neutral and really doesn’t have an obligation to help town out here. It’s also real easy to fall for Monkey when you’re not used to her. Those strong voices will get you. I don’t think you can put this on anyone player, but it would probably help if you had a confirmed town mason that was actually playing the game

ehhhh, he’s a neutral and really doesn’t have an obligation to help town out here. It’s also real easy to fall for Monkey when you’re not used to her. Those strong voices will get you. I don’t think you can put this on anyone player, but it would probably help if you had a confirmed town mason that was actually playing the game

I just fundamentally dont like the play of a new player trying to pass themselves of as not a new player, immediately stumble and then get bailed out by being a new player. And it did impact the game, look at how often alien was bought up because of it.

Sure boo can play the game however they want, but the way it all unfolded doesn't ait right with me personally.

As I said, aliens defence of boo was bought up a lot and used against him etc. Its not about relying on a neutral its the way what happened day effected the rest of the day ie, Anthos being voted instead of boo and alien getting heat for defending boo.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
I just fundamentally dont like the play of a new player trying to pass themselves of as not a new player, immediately stumble and then get bailed out by being a new player. And it did impact the game, look at how often alien was bought up because of it.

Sure boo can play the game however they want, but the way it all unfolded doesn't ait right with me personally.

Well yeah, but new players getting slack is going to happen in every game, that’s just the meta of this community lol. And of course he’s going to say what he can to not die, he’s on his own team and has his own win con to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom