The Malt Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawthorn

I'll explain my reasons later
I think if they no vote it ends up with Neon and Boo plus the two mafia right? Assuming they kill wax so that they can push Boo towards Neon?

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
okay last last thing on this topic cause im starting to get ticked off again

this was a costume game where the signups were private

Sure, but it’s a costume game with no rules against claiming who you are either or pretending to be other players. So I just don’t know why he shouldn’t do whatever he can to not die on day 1. If he dies he loses, so you gotta do what you gotta do. He accomplishes nothing by letting himself get killed on day 1. Again, it would probably be nice for town and him if he can hit scum here, but he’s a new player in here with a scum team of Monkey and Nat who are pretty good at this whole mafia thing, so I’m going to cut him some slack here lol.

Sure, but it’s a costume game with no rules against claiming who you are either or pretending to be other players. So I just don’t know why he shouldn’t do whatever he can to not die on day 1. If he dies he loses, so you gotta do what you gotta do. He accomplishes nothing by letting himself get killed on day 1. Again, it would probably be nice for town and him if he can hit scum here, but he’s a new player in here with a scum team of Monkey and Nat who are pretty good at this whole mafia thing, so I’m going to cut him some slack here lol.

I think you are missing the point a little.

If alien doesn't confirm he is new because the sign up was compromised and not private day 1 probably goes very differently.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
I think you are missing the point a little.

If alien doesn't confirm he is new because the sign up was compromised and not private day 1 probably goes very differently.

Oh yeah I see what you’re getting at. On that I agree, but I don’t think I would pin that on Boo

HPSauce

Wait, I was right? Fuck
Again I appreciate it was probably wrong of me to use outside knowledge to defend Boo but I did so believing I'd die for it.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
If I ever end up as vig in a game with doc Monkey I'm just shooting them
giphy.gif

Hawthorn

I'll explain my reasons later
I think so, I was thinking there was a chance wax could save if they kill boo, but even if he does that just takes it into a stalemate-like situation where town blocks the night kill, scum stacks to tie the vote, and eventually even if he guesses perfectly wax runs out of shots.

The Bear

Obligatory Gay Bear of the Society
I think so, I was thinking there was a chance wax could save if they kill boo, but even if he does that just takes it into a stalemate-like situation where town blocks the night kill, scum stacks to tie the vote, and eventually even if he guesses perfectly wax runs out of shots.

or just kill night kill Wax.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
scum are probably going to off Ephi because that’s where Sparks was voting. Only town hope is if Boo doesn’t ignite, but then they head into the final 5 with Sparks who wants to vote with scum so that’s probably not going to work

rac

whatever
Oh yeah I see what you’re getting at. On that I agree, but I don’t think I would pin that on Boo
okay okay fine last post here cause i really gotta knock it off
i don't want to pin it on anyone

getting lunched d1 like that was super demoralizing for me and made me feel like shit for awhile
if saving a new person day one is worth that for everyone so be it

but than to have people come in here and say hey i wouldnt have done anything different or hey i woulda done the exact same thing it does fucking sting a bit

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
okay okay fine last post here cause i really gotta knock it off
i don't want to pin it on anyone

getting lunched d1 like that was super demoralizing for me and made me feel like shit for awhile
if saving a new person day one is worth that for everyone so be it

but than to have people come in here and say hey i wouldnt have done anything different or hey i woulda done the exact same thing it does fucking sting a bit

Yeah and I get that. Town does wacky shit on day 1 so don’t beat yourself up about it. You better play again >:( We need another game where you clutch it for town in the final 5

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
Or if you want to read a worse day 1 go check out that One Piece game where Zeke just shot Monkey in the face two hours into the game
Or if you want to read a worse day 1 go check out the original scooby doo where Zeke just shot Faddy in the face two hours into the game
You want to know a worse day one... :D Being there for the case in Scooby Doo and being so not surprised by Zeke pulling the same shit in One Piece mafia, that you say it's NAI for Zeke and then debate all fucking day phase whether scum him would pull the same stunt again especially with you there or if this is actually town Zeke and then when you finally decide it's scum Zeke after all, everyone scum reads you anyways because you "defended" Zeke when you didn't.

rosa.png

Also Aeleus it was Fran Zeke shot, not Faddy LOL. I remember this especially well. :eyes:

Verelios

Were-elios
It upsets me that people are focusing on mistakes instead of focusing on how well scum is playing.

Scum are not getting lucky they are forcing town mistakes through incredible gameplay.
They're not mutually exclusive. From spec's perspective (at least those of us not dead) we always want to root for players to do well, especially if we know they can. That's for both scum and town.

LaunchpadMcQ

...can I smell you?
It upsets me that people are focusing on mistakes instead of focusing on how well scum is playing.

Scum are not getting lucky they are forcing town mistakes through incredible gameplay.
I agree with you. I said it already, but I think town got led by the nose by Monkey to rac on D1. Chugg nudged it to give it legitimacy. It was a solid play, even if they did not actually know what the consequence would be at the time. Nat is right that it’s a little bit of stumbling through things, but ultimately a scum team’s success is measured by their ability to adapt. Not every choice is deliberate, but that doesn’t mean it’s luck.

And to be clear, I said in that earlier post that if they had more active players, they would’ve been more successful early on. What I mean is the difference between amazing play and absolutely steamrolling us. That was a stellar team putting in stellar work.

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
The rooting for a specific faction is common in spec chat LOL. One thing I have found that helps is game running :D You have to be neutral and supportive of all the players especially since all those players have roles that are your babies you made for the game.

554022809563824128.gif

Sure you will have favorites you hope win, but you are hoping for every faction to in a way, and now when specing on game I usually route pretty evenly.

I already said I've been rooting for Boo because they'd done amazingly and are a newbie to boot, but i'm also routing for Ephi XD

The scum team has played amazingly well so it's hard not to root for them a little bit.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
I agree with you. I said it already, but I think town got led by the nose by Monkey to rac on D1. Chugg nudged it to give it legitimacy. It was a solid play, even if they did not actually know what the consequence would be at the time. Nat is right that it’s a little bit of stumbling through things, but ultimately a scum team’s success is measured by their ability to adapt. Not every choice is deliberate, but that doesn’t mean it’s luck.

And to be clear, I said in that earlier post that if they had more active players, they would’ve been more successful early on. What I mean is the difference between amazing play and absolutely steamrolling us. That was a stellar team putting in stellar work.

I think this games swings pretty heavily towards us if we got the kill off on you night 2 tbh. Don't think day 3 would have swung my way otherwise, and that gives us a chance to get Geno to a different body. We were kind of pushing him to steal Jman too lmao

Woodsman

Costume Account (He/Him)
If Boo realizes he's wrong about Skunk and doesn't ignite tonight, there's still a path for a Neutral + Town victory even without Wax saving someone. He can still advance from Scum MVP to Town MVP if he douses Scum tonight and they get the other one during the day phase. Though the success for Boo depends on the order of operation between ignition and Scum NK.

Lightning Strikes

Costume Account (He/Him)
My dream has always been to defeat Dr. Monkey in open combat.

When I role scum I will try my hardest to get my team to not kill Town monkey and take her to LYLO with us.

Has Wax sent in a command?
Is Boo igniting tonight?
Will we see another day of Sans and Pazzo bamboozling town?

Uh, we'd need several lucky punches here.

GG scum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom