Scooby Doo 2: Mafia Unleashed - This time there are costumes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alien has left a shitpost:
index.php

8fa1e5639a9c7dbe4be97bf0eceed636817e2139.gifv
a63358ece68659c8c2025f15e425bc5cfad4118f.gifv

Lightning Strikes has died!
You are Lightning Strikes: your true identity is Barry, aligned with The Bad Guys (TOWN)

Music is all about saving lives and passing down your legacy (I think), you are the Doctor Tutor

During the night you can use the command Protect: <Player> to protect that player from one kill attempt, you may not target the same player on consecutive nights.

In addition to this at any point you may use the command Remember my legacy: <Player>, if you die the last player chosen via this command will become the backup doctor in addition to their previous roles.

The backup doctor will start with one protect shot but will gain an additional shot for each night you did not use your protect command before your death.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.
Day 8 Starts

Day 8 Ends:
kb9snt07y7

Majority is 4

Vote spreadsheet:

BooBeard

Costume Account (He/Him)
Okay I'm not going to be around for the next 4-5 hours, the condo association of the place I am renting cleaned the parking lots today so I had to store my car at my parents house. I need to go over there now after work to fetch it and of course have dinner with them. Sorry.

San Franpsycho

Costume Account (She/Her)
Welp, I guess now I'm down to just Neon in my town core. And Wax, I guess. Neon I feel pretty cemented about at this point. I don't think that Alien "revelation" was a ploy, but I'm running with a great track record right now, so I guess anything is possible.

Yesterday I was pretty mad. Mad at myself for making an assumption about a perspective slip, mad at so many people for just being absent and uninvested, mad that there was little engagement with some of the bigger ideas that have come out of the last few days, and most of all, mad at all of us for getting played by Boo, because we have been played by Boo, who has been incredible, but who also needs to die immediately. I really, really wish I had flipped to Boo, and that was what made me maddest of all yesterday. Boo's scramble to put together something on Neon wasn't just a failure in communication but a trend across his reads.

Scum (mafia + arsonist or mafarsonist) is in Boo/Skunk/Pazzo, and that's my personal order of likelihood.

Neon Phantom

Costume Account (He/Him)
I'd say at least he was telling the truth about the legacy thing, but I depressed myself earlier by doing math and I'm not entirely sure it will make a difference.

If my assumptions that we have 2 scum remaining and a neutral are correct, then by my estimation to stand any chance today we need to hit real scum.

We can't even hedge on the arsonist even though they're dangerous and probably want us all dead and crispy. We need to be right.

I think we need to hit real scum or we lose.

San Franpsycho

I think that calculation may depend on whether or not there was a douse, but overall, I think I agree, which is why I'm thinking Boo+Skunkbeard. I still struggle to fit Pazzo into a mafia sized hole but he could go into a neutral arsonist hole.

He was not telling the truth about extra protects, which definitely changes the overall calculation of odds.

Neon Phantom

Costume Account (He/Him)
If scum have killed town overnight

D8 starts with 3 town, 2 scum, 1 neutral.

If we vote out the neutral:
N8 starts with 2 scum, 3 town. They kill one.
D9 starts with a draw, scum win.

If we vote out town:
N8 starts with 2 town, 2 scum, 1 neutral
>> If they kill the neutral D9 starts with a tie, scum win.
>> If they kill town I guess D9 starts with 1 town 2 scum 1 neutral, and I guess the last town gets to play hunt the scum with the arsonist and scum gets to play hunt the arsonist with town? (unless ignition happens)

If we vote out scum:
N8 starts with 3 town, 1 scum, 1 neutral
>> If they nk the neutral D9 starts with 3 town, 1 scum (unless ignition)
Vote right, we win.
Vote wrong, N9 starts with 2town, 1 scum. We lose
>> If they nk town then D9 starts with 2 town, 1 scum, 1 neutral.
If we vote the neutral we go into N9 with 2 town, 1 scum. Scum kill one, we lose.
If we vote the town we go into N9 with 1 town, 1 scum, 1 neutral. The night puzzles it out, but we probably lose?
If we vote scum we go into N9 with 2 town, 0 scum, 1 neutral. If the people left are doused, I guess the arsonist wins. If one of them is doused, we get some weird tie and it probably resolves in favour of the arsonist? If none of them are doused we go into the next day in misvote or lose again.
Vote out arsonist, yay. Vote out town, it probably resolves as arson win?

If I've blathered through those assumptions wrong somewhere feel free to slap me for it.

San Franpsycho

Oh, you're right, I was one off with my math because I was still counting Lightning. Shit. really want to believe it's just one mafia because Lightning's not quite as powerful as he pitched but it's much safer to just assume two.

Neon Phantom

Costume Account (He/Him)
He was not telling the truth about extra protects, which definitely changes the overall calculation of odds.
Ah, you're right, if he saved any shots his replacement has spare, but they can only use one at a time so the multiprotect per night stuff was bogus.
The backup doctor will start with one protect shot but will gain an additional shot for each night you did not use your protect command before your death.

Neon Phantom

Costume Account (He/Him)
@Captain Skunkbeard You implied your entire opinion of the gamestate would change if Alien flipped town.
I assume you've waited to see if you're alive, but once you know you are I'd be interested in hearing where you think that puts things today in your eyes.

San Franpsycho

What makes you think he fits that hole better?
Several reasons, but the biggest one being the tie break day. I think that day just makes very little sense if Pazzo is mafia, especially in a two-mafia-left situation. It would have made him immediately suspect if he'd gone the other way and been a big gamble, because in that world I am positive Woodsman gets flipped the following day regardless, and then Pazzo follows. Woodsman was not in a defensible position and would be even worse after my flip.

Pazzo the Ghost Clown

Costume Account (He/Him)
Well shit. Either a strong shot or roleblocker I guess. That or his unrevealed target had been himself. Best case we’re at 4-2 and the arsonist is just mafia, worst case 3-2-1. We have to operate like we are in lylo due to scenario two. I need to re-evaluate my thoughts because I had Alien pegged as the most likely partner for BooBeard (felt so giddy when he went for the forced tie thinking he was open wolfing). I still absolutely think BooBeard is mafia though. The D1 wagons just scream it, regardless of whatever Sans was trying to argue at day end. My big concern is I was wrong there (well, right initially) - that I let the pivot onto Woodsman instead of Kook overshadow the read I had been building on her when it might have actually just been a well done bus by a desperate team. The push for Alien and handwaving away of my Boo case yesterday does not sit well with me still.

San Franpsycho

Well shit. Either a strong shot or roleblocker I guess. That or his unrevealed target had been himself. Best case we’re at 4-2 and the arsonist is just mafia, worst case 3-2-1. We have to operate like we are in lylo due to scenario two. I need to re-evaluate my thoughts because I had Alien pegged as the most likely partner for BooBeard (felt so giddy when he went for the forced tie thinking he was open wolfing). I still absolutely think BooBeard is mafia though. The D1 wagons just scream it, regardless of whatever Sans was trying to argue at day end. My big concern is I was wrong there (well, right initially) - that I let the pivot onto Woodsman instead of Kook overshadow the read I had been building on her when it might have actually just been a well done bus by a desperate team. The push for Alien and handwaving away of my Boo case yesterday does not sit well with me still.
did you read the flip

San Franpsycho

I definitely think your d1 wagon point holds more weight now.

*I* may think it was a dumb reason to push someone on d1 but that didn't mean there wasn't a good *read* underneath it from folks. I had a long think about that last night.

Neon Phantom

Costume Account (He/Him)
Several reasons, but the biggest one being the tie break day. I think that day just makes very little sense if Pazzo is mafia, especially in a two-mafia-left situation. It would have made him immediately suspect if he'd gone the other way and been a big gamble, because in that world I am positive Woodsman gets flipped the following day regardless, and then Pazzo follows. Woodsman was not in a defensible position and would be even worse after my flip.

See, I still haven't quite shaken the paranoia that Pazzo's train on you put you in one of the better positions in the game.

What was it you said to Boo yesterday when he said he thought it might have been a good idea to offer a countervote to a red check?
"What a day to offer scum as a counterwagon, too"?

There was suspicion on you before that train, and afterwards most of it evaporated because you were the countertrain to scum. The person who put the vote down first rescinded it in favour of the other one and was right to do so.
It makes you better - a lot of the suspicion on you dropped afterwards.
It makes him look better - he reconsidered and caught scum because of it.

It would be a good play for you both as teammates. RISKY, but some of the risk is absorbed by just how scummy Woodsman was generally perceived to be.
It would also be good play for himself alone. Challenge the power, if you went down well whoops other people clearly agreed with him, if not he saved you and caught scum in the process.

Pazzo the Ghost Clown

Costume Account (He/Him)
I definitely think your d1 wagon point holds more weight now.

*I* may think it was a dumb reason to push someone on d1 but that didn't mean there wasn't a good *read* underneath it from folks. I had a long think about that last night.
It’s not even about whether the BooBeard votes were intelligently selected at the time or not. That wagon was pure and mafia had to be voting somewhere, and purely looking at where we don’t know alignments - numbers wise there HAS to be multiple scum on Anthos. Has to be. Period. Like there’s no way around that. You have a close vote D1, with multiple scum (2-3) stacked on the winning wagon while the close second is entirely pure. Why do scum stack in that scenario instead of spreading out? Why do they all avoid the Boo wagon? Because. Boo. Is. Mafia.

Neon Phantom

Costume Account (He/Him)
Speaking of, where is this world in which Skunkbeard was going to die?
I'm not entirely sure why Skunkbeard was so certain they'd be a target, honestly.

If the scum team were inexplicably an outside party, why would they have kept each of us around?
Broad sweeping statements meant to pick out obvious points.

Boobeard
New, so counting on inexperience?
Early suspicion has persisted on some level.
Shifty and agreeable reads.

Captain
Persistently quiet across both incarnations.
First vote on d1+2 misvotes (but didn't push them).
Captain 2 gained initial goodwill that's faded as their posting continues.

Lightning
Weird EOD2, doesn't push his reads.
Chance of taking advantage of the vote hopping.
Unwilling to push doctor claim/blow a kill on a self targetting doc.

Neon
Terrible opinions.
Doesn't know how to solve
Sucky availability
Generally suspicious.

Pazzo
The scum read lists postively list him and sans which has been a low grade talking point for fucking ever at this point.
Is there even anything else other than the fact that I feel off about him and can't express why? I haven't really seen many others express that sentiment.

Sans
Big personality allows to easily fold in behind her.
Hostile early game stifled opposing lines of thought.
Generally looks more suspicious as games go on.
The scum read lists?

Wax
Is doing fuck all so the fact they're confirmed doesn't matter.

San Franpsycho

See, I still haven't quite shaken the paranoia that Pazzo's train on you put you in one of the better positions in the game.

What was it you said to Boo yesterday when he said he thought it might have been a good idea to offer a countervote to a red check?

There was suspicion on you before that train, and afterwards most of it evaporated because you were the countertrain to scum. The person who put the vote down first rescinded it in favour of the other one and was right to do so.

It would be a good play for you both as teammates. RISKY, but some of the risk is absorbed by just how scummy Woodsman was generally perceived to be.
It would also be good play for himself alone. Challenge the power, if you went down well whoops other people clearly agreed with him, if not he saved you and caught scum in the process.
Not really much I can say to what ultimately is just paranoia from my perspective. All this could be true, yep. It's not.

San Franpsycho

It’s not even about whether the BooBeard votes were intelligently selected at the time or not. That wagon was pure and mafia had to be voting somewhere, and purely looking at where we don’t know alignments - numbers wise there HAS to be multiple scum on Anthos. Has to be. Period. Like there’s no way around that. You have a close vote D1, with multiple scum (2-3) stacked on the winning wagon while the close second is entirely pure. Why do scum stack in that scenario instead of spreading out? Why do they all avoid the Boo wagon? Because. Boo. Is. Mafia.
Yes, but I'm talking about my resistance to it previously. It took me a while to get round to the idea that something could be dumb and still meaningful.

I don't think you're wrong. I think Boo is the vote today and we really should have gotten it yesterday.

Pazzo the Ghost Clown

Costume Account (He/Him)

This assumes a lot of factors like that there would even be a situation for me to manufacture that switch. Apply Occam’s razor to this - if mafia is Woodsman, Sans, and I and our goal is to get a member voted out for cred it is a lot more simplistic for both Sans and I to go hard on Woodsman if that was our ultimate goal. Without the vote flurry as day end approached (which came from town Alien and town Lightning mind you) I would’ve just sat on Sans and came out looking really bad. That would’ve been a piss poor plan lol

San Franpsycho

I'm just tired. I'm tired and frustrated.

Anyway, I was not doused or anything. Pretty soon I'm gonna go make dinner but I'm here for a bit more.

Neon Phantom

Costume Account (He/Him)

It might just be my personal lack of aversion to stacking talking, but if people expect you not to stack because that's the done thing, the idea of doing so stops looking quite so bad.

I've had this sitting in my bookmarks for a while now.
I know it was actually talking about those read lists, but it still feels appropriate.
Both of the flipped scum are capable of playing good scum games and know that WIFOM like that makes town town around.

San Franpsycho

That's VERY true. But that's also a lot of strategy and something happened to make them implode. I find it really hard to hang this on top scum strategy. Maybe that's the wrong approach here, but there are also simple explanations, too. The simpler explanation here also aligns really well with Boo's inability to put together a read that makes sense under scrutiny.

New Skunkbeard talked about my "walls of text" and association with scum and it's not wrong - it's easy to hide stuff in big posts. Like an inability to actually make things make logical sense. I just don't think that level of overexplanatory fluff comes from town. To what point? Why? We don't need to. We can just talk.

Pazzo the Ghost Clown

Costume Account (He/Him)
It might just be my personal lack of aversion to stacking talking, but if people expect you not to stack because that's the done thing, the idea of doing so stops looking quite so bad.

I've had this sitting in my bookmarks for a while now.
I know it was actually talking about those read lists, but it still feels appropriate.
Sure, but doing so in that moment also just exposes them to culpability for flipping Anthos. It’s not like they did it to then turn around and push Boo the next day. That the Anthos wagon has largely avoided NKs just makes it stand out even more. You can say “ah that’s part of their plan!” but like idk how often you’ve played as mafia in our community but I have a decent amount and I have never once seen a team try and multilayer strategize like that. It’s far more freeform - and I think given some of the real muck ups we’ve seen from mafia we’re probably not playing against 7th dimensional Mafia Wizards here.

Neon Phantom

Costume Account (He/Him)
New Skunkbeard talked about my "walls of text" and association with scum and it's not wrong - it's easy to hide stuff in big posts. Like an inability to actually make things make logical sense. I just don't think that level of overexplanatory fluff comes from town. To what point? Why? We don't need to. We can just talk.
That's true, but you know as well as I do that it can be personal style as well, and style is NAI.
Sure, but doing so in that moment also just exposes them to culpability for flipping Anthos.
I mean, not really. It was a 7 vote train, that's a decent amount of people to hide amongst saying they liked it too. Most people couldn't even justify why they were on that train that day when queried, our dead known townies included, and I don't recall much blowback for it.
I think given some of the real muck ups we’ve seen from mafia we’re probably not playing against 7th dimensional Mafia Wizards here.
7th dimensional mafia wizards sound fun.

The live ones seem to be doing swell, and even the failures of the dead ones have managed to royally
hose half the data we'd normally have to look at.
We can't really tell what sort of voting strategy this team might have employed because our voting data is pretty much guaranteed train after guaranteed train.

Pazzo the Ghost Clown

Costume Account (He/Him)
So because lightining died i inherited his doctor powers as I got it in PM form
Why would you reveal this:thisisfine:

That's true, but you know as well as I do that it can be personal style as well, and style is NAI.

I mean, not really. It was a 7 vote train, that's a decent amount of people to hide amongst saying they liked it too. Most people couldn't even justify why they were on that train that day when queried, our dead known townies included, and I don't recall much blowback for it.

7th dimensional mafia wizards sound fun.

The live ones seem to be doing swell, and even the failures of the dead ones have managed to royally
hose half the data we'd normally have to look at.
We can't really tell what sort of voting strategy this team might have employed because our voting data is pretty much guaranteed train after guaranteed train.
Sure, I’m not trying to dunk on them all or anything. It’s more that we have clear examples of them fucking up so I’m not inclined to believe the most likely scenario was intricate planning on D1.

Captain Skunkbeard

I don’t think sans can be town;
her arguments are hypocritical.

She has been down on boo for ’flip chaining’ while being down on me for NOT ‘flip chaining’.

The fact remains that the arsonist has never hit a mafia, I don’t really believe that’s by chance, they know who town are because they are mafia too.

San Franpsycho

down on me for NOT ‘flip chaining’.
You are all “but i’m not scum just because i’m alive” for the whole game and now you’re trying the argument on me.
You are listing so many things and none of them are why I scumread you. I scumread your avoidance. Not about time in thread - people have things to do, different schedules, fine - but about actively, openly stating that you were not going to do anything unless until that one person was dead. Well, he's dead. Time to engage again.

And these two things? Are not the same, either. "I have expected every day to die" is not "please can we not just bring in wifom that has been brought in many times before that results in nothing." Not even in implication.

I would like to hear your thoughts on BooBeard. Not many posts last phase. Had lots of chat with him. Not hard to find.

BooBeard

Costume Account (He/Him)
Alright I’m back a bit earlier than expected from my parents. I was tired after a long day at work so my dad didn’t make me stay and play Mario Golf with him. I’ve also gotten my new mouse from amazon so I hopefully won’t have any issues with this post.

I appear to have become public enemy number 1, which makes sense, really. I don’t see myself wiggling out of this one, so gambit time.

I’m the arsonist. I AM neutral. I have 2 separate win conditions. I win if I fulfill one of those conditions. They are:
1. I must kill 3 players. 1 of them MUST be Mafia.

2. I must be the last person alive.

My flavour identity is Scrappy Doo. I was also given a false flavour identity of Jack, who is the actual BooBeard’s identity in the lore. I never ended up using that identity obviously.

Each night I can either douse 1 person or ignite all doused people. If my vote in the Day phase is not on someone who is voted out, I will be informed at night if that person is Scooby Doo, and I was told that Scooby Doo is Mafia-aligned.

After my disastrous Day 1 performance, I figured there was no chance in hell that I would ever end up living to be the last person alive. Thus, I changed tracks and decided to play as openly townie as possible for the rest of the game. I am genuinely a new player, and I have been mostly truthful for the entire game. Obviously, I lied about anything concerning the arsonist, but the vast majority of my reads were real. I was actually trying to solve the game and find Mafia because eliminating them via ignition was the only way I was gonna win. I also wanted to play town aligned because I had heard from my FGO Era friends that MafiEra has a bit of a reputation of town always losing, so I wanted to try and change that in my own way. I think I have failed on that point but alas. Any bad explanations on my part were genuinely bad explanations from a new player. There are a few key exceptions to this, and I will get into them.

First one is my feelings on Snow Creature. I initially posted a large iso of them and scumread them hard, and then appeared to back off and switch to townreading. I actually kept scumreading them the whole game in secret, and when I ignited them I was really hoping that would be the Mafia kill that I needed to win.

Second exception involves Woodsman. So yesterday I was getting grilled on how I pushed them in a really poor fashion. That was genuinely a terrible push with me trying to have multiple wagons to get more information. However, it was also an attempt to leave my vote on Woodsman to use my power and find out if they are Scooby Doo. Of course, Gnome was Scooby Doo so that whole power was useless. Not great luck.

Let’s go over my douses:

I doused Frankenstein Night 1, and they were killed by Mafia because of course my luck is terrible. Same luck that gave me one of the most difficult roles to play in my first forum Mafia game in over 11 years.

I doused Cat Creature Night 2. I thought there was a decent chance that they were Mafia.

I doused Baba Yaga Night 3. I scumread Baba Yaga, but also I was terrified of them because they were so aggressive and just reading their posts gave me massive anxiety. I thought they would figure me out before long.

I ignited Night 4. I ignited before 3 douses because I thought people were going to catch on to me at any time and I was getting really paranoid and not enjoying the game much. Day 4 was when Baba really went mask off about being totally town, so I knew they wouldn’t flip scum, but it was helpful to remove them from the game so they couldn’t get on my case. I hoped Cat would be scum when I ignited but they weren’t.

I doused Snow Creature Night 5.

I ignited Night 6, hoping to win the game here if Snow Creature was scum.

Last night I doused Skunkbeard. I was gonna douse Pazzo until I saw he broke the tie between Alien and I, which feels like a town behaviour. Scum would probably prefer to keep status quo and waste a day where we would vote Alien again anyway. I’ll get into this in a bit.

I never doused Hyde. I don’t know what kind of bullshit Wax is on, but I am confident they are town and basically just throwing the game.

Like I said previously, I signed up for this game to get experience in anticipation of Fate/Mafia 2, and I definitely bit off wayyyy more than I can chew. I’ve had some fun with this game, but I’ve also had a lot of anxiety. I have a bad habit of going way too hard into things and hyper fixating myself on them, and Mafia has been that for me lately. It’s affected my mental health, my productivity at work and my sleep quality. I won’t blame anyone for that except myself, but I don’t know how much Mafia I will be playing in the future as a result. I’m going to try again with Fate/Mafia and then see how I feel from there. It feels really good to get to be open about all this and not worry about slinking around anymore, let me tell you. I almost quit and subbed out multiple times but I felt like I fucked up my position so badly that anybody that replaced me would be screwed and I wouldn’t want to put them in that position. Also, the whole reason I was playing was for experience, so quitting on valuable experience would be self-defeating. I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone that went easy on me for being a new player and was willing to be patient with me not knowing certain concepts, etiquette, and lingo. People have repeatedly said the arsonist is playing a great game but I highly disagree, I feel like I played really terrible and relied on people being nice to get this far, and I partially screwed over town despite trying to do the opposite. This has certainly been valuable experience wise, I feel like I’ve had a crash course in how to play and I will hopefully be a better player going forward.

So now that I’ve hopefully convinced everyone that I really am the arsonist and not just scum pretending to be the arsonist, I’ll get back to my gambit. I doused Skunkbeard last night. After the events of yesterday, I genuinely believe Skunkbeard and Neon are scum. I think San and Pazzo have made moves, particularly in the last few days, that seem very townie. If they are scum, then congratulations on fooling a new player.

If there are two scum remaining (and I REALLY think there are based on flavour), then town needs to vote out scum today. If everyone pushes me and turbos, then Wax is gonna die at night if he really did get Lightning’s powers, because there is nothing in Lightning’s flip talking about self-protection and Lightning obviously didn’t protect himself and scum didn’t buy his gambit. So that would mean 4 people left, 2 are scum. Game over. Scum wins.

If you leave me alive, I will ignite this evening and kill Skunkbeard. If Skunkbeard is town you will lose, and I will lose as well. If Skunkbeard is scum, I should (?) win even if scum chooses to kill me at night as well, and town will be better off.

If you don’t turbo me I will also try to help town solve the game for the remainder of the day, but I don’t believe anyone will listen to me anyway.

If there’s only 1 scum remaining, then the best move is definitely to turbo me right now. But do you want to bet on that? I wouldn’t as town, but that’s not my choice to make. Thanks for reading this massive post. If you can’t tell by now, I really like talking a lot. That’s probably both my weakest point and my strongest point. It is what San called a “Boo-ism”.

BooBeard

Costume Account (He/Him)
Oh yeah and I want to apologize to Alien for getting dragged down in my bullshit. You da real MVP

I knew they weren't scum for reasons I've already explained, and I knew they weren't arsonist because I am. I didn't know how to save you without dooming myself. I'm sorry.

I hope you can forgive me :blobghostblush:

BooBeard

Costume Account (He/Him)
Arsonist douse list if you want to try realigning as a town sided neut

Kook
Woodsman if not dead
Snow creature

Lower priority
alien
lightning
boobeard
This douse list is all town except for me and Woodsman. Hmmmmmm

This list had no influence on me dousing Snow Creature, I was going to do it anyway.

Captain Skunkbeard

My flavour identity is Scrappy Doo. I was also given a false flavour identity of Jack, who is the actual BooBeard’s identity in the lore. I never ended up using that identity obviously.
Why did you not counterclaim Geno when he claimed scrappy, or ever douse woodsman/geno while they were alive and it was common opinion that they were scum?

Captain Skunkbeard

Like I said previously, I signed up for this game to get experience in anticipation of Fate/Mafia 2, and I definitely bit off wayyyy more than I can chew. I’ve had some fun with this game, but I’ve also had a lot of anxiety. I have a bad habit of going way too hard into things and hyper fixating myself on them, and Mafia has been that for me lately. It’s affected my mental health, my productivity at work and my sleep quality.
We all have games like this.
It is known.

take a break between, when you need it. Games can still be fun if you release the anxiety.

BooBeard

Costume Account (He/Him)
I didn't counterclaim Geno because I didn't want to make it obvious I was the arsonist. Scrappy Doo is the obvious character from lore that would be neutral.

I didn't douse Woodsman and Geno because it was too obvious they were scum and they would be voted off. I was right.

Captain Skunkbeard

Last night I doused Skunkbeard. I was gonna douse Pazzo until I saw he broke the tie between Alien and I, which feels like a town behaviour. Scum would probably prefer to keep status quo and waste a day where we would vote Alien again anyway. I’ll get into this in a bit.
Eh, if you’re not mafia they don’t care really. Ties are mostly bad for scum because they stretch the game out another day. I don’t find this argument compelling.

Captain Skunkbeard

I didn't counterclaim Geno because I didn't want to make it obvious I was the arsonist. Scrappy Doo is the obvious character from lore that would be neutral.

I didn't douse Woodsman and Geno because it was too obvious they were scum and they would be voted off. I was right.
So you weren’t scum reading woodsman in advance of geno being voted out?

Captain Skunkbeard

Second exception involves Woodsman. So yesterday I was getting grilled on how I pushed them in a really poor fashion. That was genuinely a terrible push with me trying to have multiple wagons to get more information. However, it was also an attempt to leave my vote on Woodsman to use my power and find out if they are Scooby Doo. Of course, Gnome was Scooby Doo so that whole power was useless. Not great luck.
I’m not seeing in your post where you explained the scooby doo power?

Pazzo the Ghost Clown

Costume Account (He/Him)
Hmm, lot to process there. First thing I want to do though @Wax Phantom since you seem to be here I need you to go read your Mason chat. Read it carefully. Tell us in distinct, unequivocal terms whether Hyde was doused or not.

BooBeard

Costume Account (He/Him)
I was scumreading Woodsman in advance and I did it openly. It takes two Day/Night phases to douse and ignite someone so I didn't trust that I could kill in Woodsman in time. At the beginning of the game I was also aiming to get 3 douses first before igniting and potentially winning the game in one fell swoop but that wasn't working for me so I ignited early.

BooBeard

Costume Account (He/Him)
I’m not seeing in your post where you explained the scooby doo power?
Each night I can either douse 1 person or ignite all doused people. If my vote in the Day phase is not on someone who is voted out, I will be informed at night if that person is Scooby Doo, and I was told that Scooby Doo is Mafia-aligned.
This is where I explain it, unless you are asking if I crumbed this somehow? The answer would be no lol

Captain Skunkbeard

I was scumreading Woodsman in advance and I did it openly. It takes two Day/Night phases to douse and ignite someone so I didn't trust that I could kill in Woodsman in time. At the beginning of the game I was also aiming to get 3 douses first before igniting and potentially winning the game in one fell swoop but that wasn't working for me so I ignited early.
Hyde was doused I don't even have to go back into the mason chat

they were doused
Ok sounds weird though since there’s only maybe 5 mafia [flavor expectation] in a 26 player game that you wouldn’t douse your suspect that was doing better.

That plus the contradiction with hyde makes me confused.

BooBeard

Costume Account (He/Him)
I know y'all have no reason to believe me because I literally just admitted I lied to y'all all game but if you believe Wax about Hyde and vote me out you will lose the game if there's 2 scum remaining. It's up to you. I never believed I could survive this long since receiving my initial role PM from Aeleus. I was serious when I previously said my goal was to survive night 1. I'm just happy to be here at this point. If you wanna vote me out that's fine.

Captain Skunkbeard

Because getting the mafia first is good in order to get over the harder part of the task. Igniting all at once Is less important. Could have planned to claim as town vig although that would have been spiked early lol, with TP’s flip.

BooBeard

Costume Account (He/Him)
Oh that's another funny thing I wanted to talk about. Some people have used scum to refer to anybody anti-town, others used it just for Mafia. I consistently tried using "Mafia" when just talking about Mafia and tried desperately hard to not slip on that. I think I actually succeeded somehow on that.

BooBeard

Costume Account (He/Him)
I almost claimed Survivor yesterday instead of Vanilla town but I don't know if meta-wise we even do Survivors so I figured I'd take the safe bet.

Wax Phantom

Costume Account (He/Him)
Alright I’m back a bit earlier than expected from my parents. I was tired after a long day at work so my dad didn’t make me stay and play Mario Golf with him. I’ve also gotten my new mouse from amazon so I hopefully won’t have any issues with this post.

I appear to have become public enemy number 1, which makes sense, really. I don’t see myself wiggling out of this one, so gambit time.

I’m the arsonist. I AM neutral. I have 2 separate win conditions. I win if I fulfill one of those conditions. They are:
1. I must kill 3 players. 1 of them MUST be Mafia.

2. I must be the last person alive.

After my disastrous Day 1 performance, I figured there was no chance in hell that I would ever end up living to be the last person alive. Thus, I changed tracks and decided to play as openly townie as possible for the rest of the game. I am genuinely a new player, and I have been mostly truthful for the entire game. Obviously, I lied about anything concerning the arsonist, but the vast majority of my reads were real. I was actually trying to solve the game and find Mafia because eliminating them via ignition was the only way I was gonna win. I also wanted to play town aligned because I had heard from my FGO Era friends that MafiEra has a bit of a reputation of town always losing, so I wanted to try and change that in my own way. I think I have failed on that point but alas. Any bad explanations on my part were genuinely bad explanations from a new player. There are a few key exceptions to this, and I will get into them.

First one is my feelings on Snow Creature. I initially posted a large iso of them and scumread them hard, and then appeared to back off and switch to townreading. I actually kept scumreading them the whole game in secret, and when I ignited them I was really hoping that would be the Mafia kill that I needed to win.

Let’s go over my douses:

I doused Frankenstein Night 1, and they were killed by Mafia because of course my luck is terrible. Same luck that gave me one of the most difficult roles to play in my first forum Mafia game in over 11 years.

I doused Cat Creature Night 2. I thought there was a decent chance that they were Mafia.

I doused Baba Yaga Night 3. I scumread Baba Yaga, but also I was terrified of them because they were so aggressive and just reading their posts gave me massive anxiety. I thought they would figure me out before long.

I ignited Night 4. I ignited before 3 douses because I thought people were going to catch on to me at any time and I was getting really paranoid and not enjoying the game much. Day 4 was when Baba really went mask off about being totally town, so I knew they wouldn’t flip scum, but it was helpful to remove them from the game so they couldn’t get on my case. I hoped Cat would be scum when I ignited but they weren’t.

I doused Snow Creature Night 5.

I ignited Night 6, hoping to win the game here if Snow Creature was scum.

I never doused Hyde. I don’t know what kind of bullshit Wax is on, but I am confident they are town and basically just throwing the game.

Like I said previously, I signed up for this game to get experience in anticipation of Fate/Mafia 2, and I definitely bit off wayyyy more than I can chew. I’ve had some fun with this game, but I’ve also had a lot of anxiety. I have a bad habit of going way too hard into things and hyper fixating myself on them, and Mafia has been that for me lately. It’s affected my mental health, my productivity at work and my sleep quality. I won’t blame anyone for that except myself, but I don’t know how much Mafia I will be playing in the future as a result. I’m going to try again with Fate/Mafia and then see how I feel from there. It feels really good to get to be open about all this and not worry about slinking around anymore, let me tell you. I almost quit and subbed out multiple times but I felt like I fucked up my position so badly that anybody that replaced me would be screwed and I wouldn’t want to put them in that position. Also, the whole reason I was playing was for experience, so quitting on valuable experience would be self-defeating. I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone that went easy on me for being a new player and was willing to be patient with me not knowing certain concepts, etiquette, and lingo. People have repeatedly said the arsonist is playing a great game but I highly disagree, I feel like I played really terrible and relied on people being nice to get this far, and I partially screwed over town despite trying to do the opposite. This has certainly been valuable experience wise, I feel like I’ve had a crash course in how to play and I will hopefully be a better player going forward.

So now that I’ve hopefully convinced everyone that I really am the arsonist and not just scum pretending to be the arsonist, I’ll get back to my gambit. I doused Skunkbeard last night. After the events of yesterday, I genuinely believe Skunkbeard and Neon are scum. I think San and Pazzo have made moves, particularly in the last few days, that seem very townie. If they are scum, then congratulations on fooling a new player.

If there are two scum remaining (and I REALLY think there are based on flavour), then town needs to vote out scum today. If everyone pushes me and turbos, then Wax is gonna die at night if he really did get Lightning’s powers, because there is nothing in Lightning’s flip talking about self-protection and Lightning obviously didn’t protect himself and scum didn’t buy his gambit. So that would mean 4 people left, 2 are scum. Game over. Scum wins.

If you leave me alive, I will ignite this evening and kill Skunkbeard. If Skunkbeard is town you will lose, and I will lose as well. If Skunkbeard is scum, I should (?) win even if scum chooses to kill me at night as well, and town will be better off.

If you don’t turbo me I will also try to help town solve the game for the remainder of the day, but I don’t believe anyone will listen to me anyway.

If there’s only 1 scum remaining, then the best move is definitely to turbo me right now. But do you want to bet on that? I wouldn’t as town, but that’s not my choice to make. Thanks for reading this massive post. If you can’t tell by now, I really like talking a lot. That’s probably both my weakest point and my strongest point. It is what San called a “Boo-ism”.

@Skunkbeard
@Neon Phantom

What say you

Neon Phantom

Costume Account (He/Him)
@BooBeard

If you think it's me and Skunk, what made me pick her over me to vote for last night?
Considering the unease half of us expressed at EoD I have to ask.

What makes you think Skunkbeard is where we should look? Or me for that matter.
What makes you think that Skunkbeard and I are working together?
Be a little less random about this.

Pazzo the Ghost Clown

Costume Account (He/Him)
Pazzo, you got any ideas beyond “boo is actually scum tho” that explain the lie regarding hyde vs frankie?
I mean that’s kind of where my mind goes. BooBeard doesn’t claim until AFTER you revealed you were doused. I don’t think he’s a mafia arsonist - if he is in fact the arsonist and just is mafia there’s no reason for him to have the targets wrong. I think he’s just mafia ass mafia. He’s read the numbers breakdown, he knows from that killing a neutral arsonist is a losing move. If the actual neutral arsonist has a SK wincon then they can’t afford to counter claim. Mafia would figure WORST CASE they get counter claimed and now the arsonist is revealed.

Wax Phantom

Costume Account (He/Him)
@BooBeard

If you think it's me and Skunk, what made me pick her over me to vote for last night?

Skunky and Neon teaming together doesn't seem that much of conspiracy imo

Neon Phantom

Costume Account (He/Him)
I have no idea wtf happened to that first sentence, that's a complete fuck up.

*what made you pick her over me after the doubts expressed during vote off last night
(where last night is... actual real life time, not our day/night phase).

Captain Skunkbeard

I mean that’s kind of where my mind goes. BooBeard doesn’t claim until AFTER you revealed you were doused. I don’t think he’s a mafia arsonist - if he is in fact the arsonist and just is mafia there’s no reason for him to have the targets wrong. I think he’s just mafia ass mafia. He’s read the numbers breakdown, he knows from that killing a neutral arsonist is a losing move. If the actual neutral arsonist has a SK wincon then they can’t afford to counter claim. Mafia would figure WORST CASE they get counter claimed and now the arsonist is revealed.
Right, it’s the only thing I can think of.
boo is mafia. This is a gambit just like he said.

is the arsonist mafia? Still very possible, iono. If boo is taking the fall for the team he is probably the spare role tho, not the arsonist if mafia. Which would mean I die tonight unless Wax can save me, which was an idea in light’s fake parts of his claim lol, not sure if it works really.

BooBeard

Costume Account (He/Him)
@BooBeard

Well there's only four people it can be lol, and I said I don't think it's Pazzo or San.

I wouldn't be surprised if you and Skunkbeard were trying to play both sides of the Alien debate. However, I doused Skunkbeard because I waffled on you a bit. I figured the remaining scum was one of you, San and Pazzo, but most likely you. I would let town vote whoever out if they believed me on my claim and allowed me to live through the day phase.

BooBeard

Costume Account (He/Him)
I worded that poorly, let me try again. I figured the remaining scum was Skunkbeard + one of Neon, San and Pazzo.

BooBeard

Costume Account (He/Him)
Which is like, duh, because it's not me or Wax, but many seem to think I'm scum so whatever. Your loss lol

Captain Skunkbeard

Oh that's another funny thing I wanted to talk about. Some people have used scum to refer to anybody anti-town, others used it just for Mafia. I consistently tried using "Mafia" when just talking about Mafia and tried desperately hard to not slip on that. I think I actually succeeded somehow on that.
It is a never ending argument which boils down to personal preference, but between games, we can dial up a quick round of what “but what does scum mean tho” if we need interaction.

Captain Skunkbeard

Well there's only four people it can be lol, and I said I don't think it's Pazzo or San.

I wouldn't be surprised if you and Skunkbeard were trying to play both sides of the Alien debate. However, I doused Skunkbeard because I waffled on you a bit. I figured the remaining scum was one of you, San and Pazzo, but most likely you. I would let town vote whoever out if they believed me on my claim and allowed me to live through the day phase.
You douse your LESS likely read when it’s your wincon at stake?

BooBeard

Costume Account (He/Him)
I also had a small hope I wouldn't need to claim and do this big gambit today. If so, I could try and ride the sentiment from end of Day phase yesterday to vote you, Skunkbeard, out instead, and thus buy myself some more town cred. Arsonist would never vote their own douse right?

That's what I was thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom