Spectating the greatest event of the year!

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I almost hope they kill him so he can come here and yell about it. It really sucks to try to pull people together only to have it result in this. :/

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I think part of the problem with VA is that his role is a little weird and hard to really explain, let alone completely understand yourself. I think others are picking up on that and they are interpreting a caught scum vs a townie with a complex role.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I think part of the problem with VA is that his role is a little weird and hard to really explain, let alone completely understand yourself. I think others are picking up on that and they are interpreting a caught scum vs a townie with a complex role.
Less charitably, I'd say they are mistaking game design for read fodder and they should probably stop.

It's not that complicated and VA's openness about it should be in his favor, but suddenly everyone's a game reviewer without knowing the overall structure and is using that as evidence of something, when
IpDAgCi.gif

but your version sounds good too lol

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Hedin’s pool of attackees was basically reki, vincent, launch, and ATP. I felt his day 1 push on faddy was more jokey/perfunctory.

After winding up voting VA he died.

Faddy was definitely on my list but I did recall him saying that he was hoping to be a later replacement so I was giving him a little space.

I'm going to interested in seeing how the end of day comes out and who the second strong train would be.

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
Less charitably, I'd say they are mistaking game design for read fodder and they should probably stop.

It's not that complicated and VA's openness about it should be in his favor, but suddenly everyone's a game reviewer without knowing the overall structure and is using that as evidence of something, when
IpDAgCi.gif

LOL Basically. Zem has been in a tunnel since game start basically, but part of his hang up is the whole VA being infinite shot when it makes sense when you look at my other posts in here lol.

In other news. I really hope VA lives, because he submitted his command and it is delicious tonight

613055093184528406.png

I legit may bribe my game watchers to let it happen if he gets voted out.

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
Wait, nevermind, it doesn't work on mobile :'(
It does for me, just have to do a hold press on it.

Ephi and Launch are VERY town and I get that they are tricksters, but let it go, folks.
Launch is super town, but I will say at the point I died I felt Ephi was a bit of a non-presence so I didn’t have much of a read there.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Launch is super town, but I will say at the point I died I felt Ephi was a bit of a non-presence so I didn’t have much of a read there.
Nah, I think this is legit - she had a slow start but it was more schedule than anything, I think.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
LOL Basically. Zem has been in a tunnel since game start basically, but part of his hang up is the whole VA being infinite shot when it makes sense when you look at my other posts in here lol.

In other news. I really hope VA lives, because he submitted his command and it is delicious tonight

View attachment 439

I legit may bribe my game watchers to let it happen if he gets voted out.

Welp.

lokiduck

Spoiler for what VA would have done had his command had been allowed.

He would have forced the messenger master to message their own servant
613055093184528406.png

In other news.

Town is stupid. Go scum!!!!! You can do it scum team! Ra Ra Ra Go Scum!!!

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
It does feel like scum is in pretty good shape. Still time for town to figure it out but I'm guessing they are running out of useful powers.

lokiduck

mothman.png

Scum planning on killing one of two peeps and both are some of my fave roles I wanted to happen in the game.

I have decided I want no one to win. Gooooo Karna for already winning. \o/

lokiduck

Fun fact: before the game started I responded to VA thinking I was talking to him in his PM. And I called him a nickname which hints at his flavor name.

NO ONE NOTICED IT

835368329609740319.png

Can you guys find it before Vere posts the day end flavor?

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Well that solves the answer of who the odd person might be and in hindsight the flavor makes total sense. Well not the Sherlock Holmes flavor because how can you have a fictional heroic spirit?

lokiduck

Well that solves the answer of who the odd person might be and in hindsight the flavor makes total sense. Well not the Sherlock Holmes flavor because how can you have a fictional heroic spirit?
Simple... He wasn't fictitious at all!

Or maybe he was?!

Musashi.png

Some fictional characters exist as heroic spirits usually as "hey some asshole wrote about my life and I hate them (ala Count of Monte Christo/Holmes maybe) and others are fictional characters allowed to become spirits because of the power of their lore (Moriarty is always an old man heroic spirit because he only exists as an old man in fiction) and are sometimes random flukes.

Hessian and Lobo weren't strong enough to become a heroic spirit but together they care able to be for example.

The majority however are "whoops they were real the whole time" tho.

lokiduck

For the record our game is older than yours >:( Otherwise we would have totes done that!

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Also Hedin your game has done a doozy on town XD Everyone thinks there are only two town teams with neutrals as basically a counter to your "whoops all scum and neuts" game XD

Wait, what? Do they just think there is an SK running loose?

The lesson should have been be careful with your expectations with regards to game design but they threw that out already.

lokiduck

Wait, what? Do they just think there is an SK running loose?

The lesson should have been be careful with your expectations with regards to game design but they threw that out already.
one player thinks the two town team rotate with a person having a killing power. On nights they can't kill said killer commutes lol.

Vincent Alexander

My best friend is a monkey
Hey All!

It really has been a busy last few weeks IRL. I was doing an okay job keeping up and responding off-the-cuff, but I didn't have much time to really focus and push arguments outside of defending myself.

I took my last list of folks I was suspicious of and whittled it down to 4. Blarg, Faddy, Ty, ATP. I'm gonna be grumpy if Launch is scum and Stan saved them, but Launch really hasn't given me scum vibes. If Launch is scum, then my radar needs a damn tuneup.

lokiduck

Hey All!

It really has been a busy last few weeks IRL. I was doing an okay job keeping up and responding off-the-cuff, but I didn't have much time to really focus and push arguments outside of defending myself.

I took my last list of folks I was suspicious of and whittled it down to 4. Blarg, Faddy, Ty, ATP. I'm gonna be grumpy if Launch is scum and Stan saved them, but Launch really hasn't given me scum vibes. If Launch is scum, then my radar needs a damn tuneup.
Hey VA you did great! :D

Near the end you had 5 possible powers you could have commanded, so eventually you would ahve been down to just three left lol.

and also
I wish you had messed with scum more. You got their powers a lot, but thy were mostly investigative so you ignored them lol.

Additionally ;) A certain Supporter... there's a reason they didn't confirm you commanding them.

Vincent Alexander

And VA is trying to lead town and they are just not about it. I support you, VA! Even if you're wrong about yourself and this role!
Thank you. I just couldn't get town to coalesce anywhere. We were all over the place, with no real town leader, and I realized this last day that I didn't have it in me to band everyone together. They were set on voting me out, so the most I could do is make them speak their piece and commit.

Hey VA you did great! :D

Near the end you had 5 possible powers you could have commanded, so eventually you would ahve been down to just three left lol.

and also
I wish you had messed with scum more. You got their powers a lot, but thy were mostly investigative so you ignored them lol.

Additionally ;) A certain Supporter... there's a reason they didn't confirm you commanding them.
Ugh. I was afraid of that....I couldn't risk it though. I was happy not to have a partner at first, but by the end I was dying for someone to talk to. lol. I like ATP's playstyle, so I kept hoping they'd pop in and we could start bouncing off one another----which is why I'm worried they might have been scum. They just didn't seem their normal townie self.

Can you spoil me---if someone is out of shots on their power, I assume I wouldn't get the option anymore, right?

lokiduck

Thank you. I just couldn't get town to coalesce anywhere. We were all over the place, with no real town leader, and I realized this last day that I didn't have it in me to band everyone together. They were set on voting me out, so the most I could do is make them speak their piece and commit.

Ugh. I was afraid of that....I couldn't risk it though. I was happy not to have a partner at first, but by the end I was dying for someone to talk to. lol. I like ATP's playstyle, so I kept hoping they'd pop in and we could start bouncing off one another----which is why I'm worried they might have been scum. They just didn't seem their normal townie self.

Can you spoil me---if someone is out of shots on their power, I assume I wouldn't get the option anymore, right?
You would have gotten them still lol

if RNG decided it that is.

lokiduck

LOL

613055093184528406.png

Someone wants everyone to claim all of their HGW teams tomorrow so they can see if their team is in the lead with the war and if they have the numbers to take out the other team to claim victory.

lokiduck

Is this a same someone who thinks there are just two town factions?
Well there are two town factions Hedin lol. So they'd be smart for thinking that.

But

blobyes.png

edit: just noted the Just lol so yeah they are wrong there. Or are they :eyes:

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I hope they do it, will make things interesting.

Also I watched the 1st episode of stay/night (fan edit version) tonight.

lokiduck

Ok enough messing around, I want to know who I protected, if they were town and actually I want all the spoilers.

Please indulge this poor husk of a player loki/vere, by PM if necessary
you protected VA from Zem (for the best here as Zem kept trying to kill va even tho he used his shot)and Hedin and Flux from the NK.

for the record, there was only one shot that killed you. The doc blocked Zem’s shot and the NK got through anyways hence why I said you only got killed once.
I remember being weirded out by loki's post to VA but I didn't for a second think it was an actual mistake.
Lol after realizing what I did I basically realized I couldn’t edit it out otherwise peeps would know what was up so I started shitposting more to try and hide it as just random nonsense from me lol

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
you protected VA from Zem (for the best here as Zem kept trying to kill va even tho he used his shot)and Hedin and Flux from the NK.

They tried to kill me on N1?! I didn't really think I ruffled anyone's feathers on D1 enough to warrant being killed.

lokiduck

They tried to kill me on N1?! I didn't really think I ruffled anyone's feathers on D1 enough to warrant being killed.
:blobyes: one of them was convinced you were going to hound them all game so they wanted you gone

lokiduck

If Launch is NK'd I hope you allow him to non spoilery narrate his own death if he wants.
I have decided that if he dies, he'll be allowed to continue writing night reports in spec chat so he can't influence the game.

As a rule we wouldn't let him narrate his own death. :< but he can do it in spec if it happens :D

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I have decided that if he dies, he'll be allowed to continue writing night reports in spec chat so he can't influence the game.

As a rule we wouldn't let him narrate his own death. :< but he can do it in spec if it happens :D

"This is Jaguar Warrior with another update on yesterday's events and what a day it was! First that flip was.....wait what's that over there? Ah ha dear audience! It appears as if someone has finally appeared to challenge the great Jaguar Warrior in combat! Give me a second to teach this outsider a lesson."

*cue intense anime action sequence*

*Grrmmfph. I am sad to report fans that they got Jaguar Warrior. That noble phantasm caught me by surprise and I didn't get out of the way fast enough. Luckily your intrepid reporter caught a good look at them and with my dying breath I can tell you that it was..."

*SCHWING*

lokiduck

"This is Jaguar Warrior with another update on yesterday's events and what a day it was! First that flip was.....wait what's that over there? Ah ha dear audience! It appears as if someone has finally appeared to challenge the great Jaguar Warrior in combat! Give me a second to teach this outsider a lesson."

*cue intense anime action sequence*

*Grrmmfph. I am sad to report fans that they got Jaguar Warrior. That noble phantasm caught me by surprise and I didn't get out of the way fast enough. Luckily your intrepid reporter caught a good look at them and with my dying breath I can tell you that it was..."

*SCHWING*
Okay... new decisions. Launch is allowed to flavor narrate his death lol no reads or anything tho just the flavor.

Would people really sub out if they got the role launch is claiming? You can put as much or as little detail as you want in the day start posts, I don't see the pressure.
I seriously would've considered subbing out if I got Launch's role, no lie. I am 100% the kind of person who would want to put in the kind of effort Launch is putting in there, but I was so busy in my personal life at the start of this game that there was no way that would happen. So that alone would've given me straight up horrible anxiety. Unfortunately now that my schedule has super cleared up I am dead, but alas.

IpDAgCi.gif

Yeah but I'm actually trying to be a game reviewer/designer/moderator
734404914632982618.png

I think I got in my own head there and was trying too hard to pull off a gambit, but my gambit did partially succeed at least.

lokiduck

I seriously would've considered subbing out if I got Launch's role, no lie. I am 100% the kind of person who would want to put in the kind of effort Launch is putting in there, but I was so busy in my personal life at the start of this game that there was no way that would happen. So that alone would've given me straight up horrible anxiety. Unfortunately now that my schedule has super cleared up I am dead, but alas.
LOL you don't have to put in that much work into the role, Launch is just being super extra and was honestly the kind of person I hoped would get it lol.

Basically all you had to do with that role is if anything come up with a little bit of flavor, tho you are allowed to just post your reads too or whatever.

Also Ephi got killed just as she got time off in Mystery mafia LOL soooo it's the FGO curse \o/

Aha! I knew you were town! But also :( Welcome!
Hey VA, I'm so sorry I lead such a strong push against you. I wanted your flip more than anything else, for reasons involving my role which will become clear in an hour, and I exaggerated my scum read to get you out. I thought you could possibly be scum but I wanted the flip the most. It seems like if I am reading things correctly that flip would've been actually very useful to me as well, but that's also spoilers lol

Vincent Alexander

Hey VA, I'm so sorry I lead such a strong push against you. I wanted your flip more than anything else, for reasons involving my role which will become clear in an hour, and I exaggerated my scum read to get you out. I thought you could possibly be scum but I wanted the flip the most. It seems like if I am reading things correctly that flip would've been actually very useful to me as well, but that's also spoilers lol
It's all good. I would've wanted my flip too after all the days of me almost dying. Lol. I'm eager to see your role, and what other craziness is out there.

Well I'm glad to know that my gambit attempt spooked them so bad that they hit my body, hehe. Looks like I'm good for something after all.

lokiduck

While we're at it:

Was my Master scum?
200.gif
[
Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 10.37.23 PM.png

Honestly we don't know anything about the body you were using as a host ;P Usually hosts are similar in personality to the servant... soooo probably some kind of druggie :eyes:

But hey at least you were smoking hot.

today in: What the fuck fate?

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member

Oof

Someone's moral standing doesn't determine whether they can or cannot be summoned by the Holy Grail, there are a lot of fucked up historical/mythological figures that are cute anime boys/girls in the series.

464096823166894080.png

Someone's moral standing doesn't determine whether they can or cannot be summoned by the Holy Grail, there are a lot of fucked up historical/mythological figures that are cute anime boys/girls in the series.

464096823166894080.png
Yeah but the ruler class "The criteria to be summoned for the Ruler Class is impartiality and possessing no desire for the Holy Grail. Those who qualify are most often Saints, and any Ruler summoned to preside over a Holy Grail will be a Saint under normal conditions."

Vincent Alexander

I think I watched one of the Fate animes at least 5 years ago. No idea which one...had a baddie that was like a CG shadow that I thought looked bad. Sounds like there a bunch more out there I should try?

lokiduck

Lol I didn’t even know he got mentioned and the citation for it isn’t working so who knows what series that came up in or even if it’s canon
Yeah but the ruler class "The criteria to be summoned for the Ruler Class is impartiality and possessing no desire for the Holy Grail. Those who qualify are most often Saints, and any Ruler summoned to preside over a Holy Grail will be a Saint under normal conditions."
Yeah but Amakusa Shirou was a ruler who had plans for the grail and while having good intentions basically wanted a SMT law path good ending to happen (aka everyone loses all free will)

also Sherlock Holmes is a ruler and he isn’t a saint either.

While usually a ruler is a saint with no interest in the grail, this can be heavily fudged. Plus it also says he qualifies for a avenger which is like the complete opposite lol

lokiduck

Okay I did more digging on the net and wikis

@Aeleus and Lee only seems to be a fan made character only showing up as a fan made make up (aka stats and abilities he’d have) and fan made contebt

yes it’s gross someone wanted to make him but he has not appeared in anything official

edit: oh he got mentioned along with Lincoln in one of the materials books which aren’t canon but are made by official creators.

still that’s a far cry from actually being canon and he got mentioned the same time as Lincoln apparently

Okay I did more digging on the net and wikis

@Aeleus and Lee only seems to be a fan made character only showing up as a fan made make up (aka stats and abilities he’d have) and fan made contebt

yes it’s gross someone wanted to make him but he has not appeared in anything official

edit: oh he got mentioned along with Lincoln in one of the materials books which aren’t canon but are made by official creators.

still that’s a far cry from actually being canon and he got mentioned the same time as Lincoln apparently
Sorry if I caused you to worry, was just trying to tease (apart from my reply to Sephi, because I can't just not have a silly argument)

:heart:

Top Bottom