In the New City

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I do think that's potentially a fake flip, though. anex's role hints at something being up with the dead. Would allow his mates to openly buddy him. But unfortunately I'll die and my flip will make everyone thing I'm lying. RIIIIIIP

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Okay. I asked HP to shoot me and he probably will, so I will use my thing and hope I live but then I’m naked sooooo

the question is my kill. Do I go big or go home? Do I want to try to win (lol) regardless or do I just sow chaos?

Remember when I wanted Chuggs to be town because I wanted an ally? lolololololololol

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Today's question:
Can I make up with Sneeks in thread or do I have to try to murder her?
If I murder her, I can point to it as a setup on me (lol)
If I don't murder her, maybe we can be friends because I wouldn't talk about punching her into the sun if I was mafia, right? only if I'm sad wrong town?

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
You know what, if HP doesn't shoot me, probably I get checked or tracked anyway so maybe I can just do whatever the fuck I want.

Yeah, fuck it:
KILL: Neki
PROTECTIVE HACK: DR. MONKEY

yololololololol

I'm only playing for the lulz now. Let's light some fires.

inb4 no kill because Sneeks is responsible for the Sneeksism in the gossip chat and she is protected because their abilities mirror ours and their doc team protected

there's a reason rando had the strongs after all :/

Wait, if I'm red-checked, maybe I can use that. Maybe I need to kill someone else. hmmmmm

Changing the command. Sorry, Neki. Might change it before lock. We'll see.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Hmm, but how do I explain that Neki died and ALSO I gave him a vest? That's a lot of targets converging on Neki. Sneeks is better for that; she's highest profile in the thread.

Hedin or Zeke could work. Zeke could work well, in fact. But I don't think townMonkey would still be with Zeke after that flip. Hedin, maybe; we were both ignorant outsiders.

I think it has to be Sneeks. Or I use the ninja. Oh, what about Ephi? She does look better after the flip.

Nah, fuck it. If WE can't win, then I want town to win. town4lyfe (after my own scum interests, of course)

KILL: Sawneeks
If it doesn't work, then we initiative phase ten

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
maybe instead I'll do a pretyped with all fake reads and just muddy the waters for everyone

then they will parse my fakes but wonder if there's truth in the fakes

lol what am I saying, it would be ignored

i am not enough of a chaos gremlin for this. SOMEONE SEND ME GREMLIN ENERGY

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
You know what, if HP doesn't shoot me, probably I get checked or tracked anyway so maybe I can just do whatever the fuck I want.

Yeah, fuck it:
KILL: Neki
PROTECTIVE HACK: DR. MONKEY

yololololololol

I'm only playing for the lulz now. Let's light some fires.

inb4 no kill because Sneeks is responsible for the Sneeksism in the gossip chat and she is protected because their abilities mirror ours and their doc team protected

there's a reason rando had the strongs after all :/

Wait, if I'm red-checked, maybe I can use that. Maybe I need to kill someone else. hmmmmm

Changing the command. Sorry, Neki. Might change it before lock. We'll see.

Hmm, but how do I explain that Neki died and ALSO I gave him a vest? That's a lot of targets converging on Neki. Sneeks is better for that; she's highest profile in the thread.

Hedin or Zeke could work. Zeke could work well, in fact. But I don't think townMonkey would still be with Zeke after that flip. Hedin, maybe; we were both ignorant outsiders.

I think it has to be Sneeks. Or I use the ninja. Oh, what about Ephi? She does look better after the flip.

Nah, fuck it. If WE can't win, then I want town to win. town4lyfe (after my own scum interests, of course)

KILL: Sawneeks
If it doesn't work, then we initiative phase ten
Command Received

lokiduck

You have successfully protected your target! You can not target your target ever again as the shot will not work \o/

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
everyone taro mentioned:
Shirou/Hedin
Chuggs
Sorian

taro mimicked:
zeke
sparks

notable lines:
who dis
:<
that idk with a comma sticks out

possibilities from energy and tone: Sneeks, Stan. Still really, REALLY surprised it wasn't Chuggs. people will surprise you, though. i think it is not CC or c4. I don't think it's Sorian; he would be more straightforward, maybe. Not jman. There's a lot of people who are funny who could fit in there. just too broad if not Chuggs.

I think taro was two people, rather than the one-person yoko. there are some shifts. maybe more than two, but two at least. maybe.

i am trying way too hard lol

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I don't want to do a real pre-typed post because I'm supposed to die to HP, so I wouldn't have bothered with much, but I'd do a little. My reads would be:

Ephi actually feels okay to me after yesterday. TR Sneeks, Ephi, Hedin, HP, CC, Neki. Need to reevaluate Zeke. Stan too, just re-reads there to see.
Just need to see more of what Neon does. Thorny I really don't know about, or LP. Maol is a big question mark, but maybe he solves himself today. Maol coming back to talk but not self-pres voting is a little strange.

hmm. hawthorn and lp are both anti-sneeks. maybe i should have just killed lp. a solid kill. oh well. what's done is done. if sneeks dies, maybe i can use that. i really want to see if i'm found out or not. reads are one thing. i can probably scratch out another day if i'm not found out. but how do i begin?

town monkey would feel terrible. terrible. have some suspicions about a tailor but otherwise terrible. wrong. bad, etc. but needs to not be performative.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
could it have been Shirou on the other side there, who has now become Hedin? I'll reread Hedin's entrance and some of Shirou. Why not.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I probably die today, and if so, that sucks for Random (sorry, partner I never got to talk with), but I uh

well, i can't say I did my best

I did some things

fun was had

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
dispatches from the war:

dear friends,

it is cold and wet but i remain alive. i am listening to the sound of rain now that the furious typing and accusations have quieted. the camp is tense. no one knows who to trust. they may turn on me at any moment. but perhaps i have a few tricks left.

i will write again on the morrow.

yours,
me

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Also, I'm sure spec is wondering about that ninja shot. I did think about using it. But I didn't want to use it since last night was the night I was most likely to get redchecked anyway. IF I make it through this, I can ninja the next one, which looks better. if I make it through this one, I might be okay. we'll see. there is a very faint and very distant light at the end of the tunnel and also the tunnel is full of bears and i am wearing a dress made of salmon dipped in honey.

:thisisfine:

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
a point to make: anyone who is mad at me for only focusing on chuggs yesterday should not only be focusing on me today

also lol i'm shocked no one red checked me. maybe someone has since i last looked. i hope they blew all their shots on me

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
dispatches from the war:

dear friends,

a wise person once said that dogged determination wins the day. or maybe i just like alliteration. though the way is dark, i must keep moving forward. i must keep an eye out for traps. rations are low. morale is lower. but still we carry on.

i will write again when i can. supplies wane.

yours,
me

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Does town monkey get mad here? Does mafia monkey? I don’t really have a feeling! I am mildly irritated but I have no right to be lol. But I don’t think that’s the “correct” emotion here.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
aw man, no d&d means I have to work at being town ughhhhhhhhh okay, get your game face on
you are baffled at events. you are mad that people are treating this as a red check. you are frustrated. you are going to frame a partner for random but not go after them today. you got this. live through today. you can live.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Chilling in the pickup line so I’m just going to take notes here.
3178 by c4 - no one is saving LP there. None of those votes were to save LP. Those are people who know LP
God if I vote town today I definitely die tomorrow lol

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Ephi is one of the towniest people right now so she is probably other scum. Lol

I should stop thinking about the gossip chat because I was obviously super wrong about that.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Okay. This is another risk (lol?) but I think I will not scumread Zeke. I will for sure kill him tomorrow if someone else doesn't (if I'm still here) tho.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
maybe I decided on c4 because I don't know him well so it feels less bad
mafia is a terrible game! why do we all play it?! what is wrong with us?!?!

help i need morale

slam that like button

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
dispatches from the war:

dear friends,

the tide is turning, but at what cost? i ride rivers of blood across the land. every day I lose another friend and gain only a wary ally, another soldier slogging through the muck. rations remain low. i fear some may resort to cannibalism. this could be the end.

nevertheless, i remain

yours,
me

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
if they are machines, is it rivers of blood or is it rivers of circuitry?

regardless, it's a real mess.

I don't want to let my team down but also death is a release from toil.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
giphy.gif

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
only

giphy.gif

approximately 2359 phases to go

lol jk HP will shoot me again. I assume he shot me last night. But I found the scum and redeemed myself a little!

lokiduck

Congrats on living another day :eyes:

Also i just wanna say I like you having your own journal as it reminds me of when you watched me in my mentor thread with Fireblend during my first game.

part of why I'm glad you replaced in even if you really didn't want to.

musubi.png

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
manifesting my way into bed. but first, dispatches from the war:

dear friends,
the battle's done. everything stinks of loss. this, they say, is victory. but what is victory but waiting? war never ends.
for now the waiting is enough. every day brings me closer to the end, whatever that may be.

yours,
me

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Next logical person for me to go after is LP - his reads collapse much like c4's, and I can spin c4 weirdly townreading LP so hard. I don't think it will matter, but I can at least make the case and maybe sway some people, especially since there's still a lot of "don't care about the logic, monkey is scum" energy going around I can hopefully exploit.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
My noties are blowing up. Everyone is yelling. Time to crack my knuckles and try to be a wizard. Well, after dinner. I’m gonna read for now and plan my wizardry.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Stan + Hedin? Possible. Fate was on my list, I think. Maybe a lowkey under-the-radar person also or instead.

Either way, definitely in odd scum's interest for me not to go today if they figured out I'm even scum (which is like... not hard... despite my protests).

I can't out them. That would be rude. Possible Stan is just a doc trying to save another doc, and after I'm dead, I dunno who I'm pulling for. Maybe I'm pulling against Zeke. Which is his team? I want the other one.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Hedin: is he faking or did he dumbclear himself as town? that's 3520
town won't know, but scum will

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I want to think that if I'd just claimed the self protect I wouldn't be here, but then that would paint me as scum, too. I don't think I could have done much differently except not saved the ninja shot. c'est la vie on that one but if I live and am not blocked, I can use it tonight.

and maybe frame zeke for calling me 3 shot? i could lie and say i was three shot and now i'm out?

nah, i should have used the shot. now if i say i'm x shot and out of shots, i can't protect stan so they might as well kill me. what i have to hope is that there are no more tracker shots. but i should have ninja'd myself. oh well.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
if I make it to tomorrow I can say i was really out of shots the whole time but didn't want to say so someone would assume i would cover stan?

hmm

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
dispatches from the war:

dear friends,

my apologies for the state of this letter. i have taken refuge beneath a waterfall. at dawn the enemy attacked and they have been relentless. my boots are leaking and i have begun to cough. the waterfall hides the sound, but at what cost to my lungs? things are grim. but we must rally for one more battle. until then, i remain

yours,
me

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
(I know I've dropped my fair share of snark too. we are all mean to each other in this. :/)

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
it is suicide for me to push for ephi over hawthorn, probably.
do i do it anyway?
do i do it and make that comment in thread?
do i ignore what i'm seeing and just spin it at hawthorn anyway? it might be hawthorn. but i think ephi could be a surer hit.

Top Bottom