Russian Doll |Spec Chat|

Gotta get up, gotta get out, gotta get home before the morning comes~

I am very much looking forward to enjoying this game vicariously through spec chat.

Natiko said:
Game Specific Rules:
1. This game is nightless, meaning there will be no night phases. There will, however, be a twilight phase that replaces it. The cadence will be 48 hours of day phase, then 24 hours of twilight phase.
2. No posting will occur at all during the twilight phase.
3. Town aligned players voted out will not leave the game.
blog_image_3822_4926_Webcomic_Name_April_Fools_Day_201703231756.jpg

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
I’m not gonna lie - even between me and two reviewers all three of us eyeballed the game and said “I hope that’s balanced..not really sure though” and shrugged lollll
Yeahhhh I can back this up lol. We were fools :mothhands: After the Thing I already know this was a mistake.

good news is the game is only 15 players but still lol.

what were we thinking!
I remember one thing, and one thing only about this game from review.

Natiko knows what I'm talking about lol.
:eyes: I remember it too.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Huh, Chugg is actually Town this time, how about that!

That's my only read so far.

Also, I went back and looked at the review thread for this game...

All I can say is, if anyone ends up salty, I have no problem taking the heat (along with Loki) post-game lmao.

I think Donnie is town again here. He's still eager but he has a bit more confidence, it seems like he's genuinely trying to feel things out.

I want to say Fran is town, I don't have a lot (any?) experience with scum!Fran but I feel like Fran is poking people here in a town-positive way, asking pertinent questions.

Vere seems okay, I'm a bit less confident than the above two.

anex hasn't done much beyond the analysis on Zipped, which I thought showed a good thought process even without a strong conclusion. I would give anex more time though because he really opens up as the game goes on. Wouldn't vote there now but would watch.

Zeke finally makes a big post and it's all self-defense. I would maybe vote there. I don't have a strong scumread at the moment though. I feel like everyone is just waiting around for the craziness to happen so there's not a ton to go off.

I'm starting to think Zeke is actually town. If he's actually a BP he's screwed town here a bit but at this point you have to vote him and test the claim.

lokiduck

Lmao I did not mean to lock this one, oops
>:( was very mean of you. I had shit to say
I didn't want to say anything because, for all I knew, I approved some role that gets to peek at Spec Chat at night or something lmao.
Lol yeah. I thought maybe Natiko was going to make a new spec chat every day and say it was the first day of the game or some shit.
Nah, I’m just dumb and was hasty lol
>:(

lokiduck

Huh, Chugg is actually Town this time, how about that!

That's my only read so far.

Also, I went back and looked at the review thread for this game...

All I can say is, if anyone ends up salty, I have no problem taking the heat (along with Loki) post-game lmao.
I accept blame of it happens. I’ve already been called a bad reviewer so nothing can touch me now.

:blobsmug:

Verelios

Were-elios
This game is full of OMGUS so far.
Yep, it feels like that's the point and it's only going to get worse as more people are 'cleared'. Kind of surprised that Hedin went in so hard early on when he's usually pretty amiable at the start. I guess a good thing is that most of the roster aren't stubborn types so town core might be possible.

Muffin

is being held hostage by Sammi
Zeke can eat it. He's wrong and I'm livid I cant rail on him in the thread right now. At least I dont have to listen anymore to the "everything who votes me is a lazy idiot" schtick of his.

@Nat Please confirm to me what the negative consequences to voting out town are, if there are any, in spoiler tags if necessary, while I reevaluate whether coming back to playing Mafia after a year was a good idea when all I get is talking to a human brick wall for it. And being called defensive yet again, only this time in my most relaxed early game yet, because I posted a lot trying to solve on D2 or something.

At least Spiderman was pretty good today.

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
There are no consequences to being voted out other than missing an opportunity to vote out scum.

Sorry you didn’t have a good time, I was really excited you signed up too. Hopefully you don’t let this dissuade you from playing again in the future.

Muffin

is being held hostage by Sammi
Sorry you didn’t have a good time, I was really excited you signed up too. Hopefully you don’t let this dissuade you from playing again in the future.
Well, the assumption was reasonable enough at the time in regards to that spoiler.

No need to be sorry, it's how mafia games go sometimes. Your game setup is interesting. I'm really just tired with the whole defensive schtick, especially when I really put in a lot of effort solving on D2 (I'm bad with D1s).

Verelios

Were-elios
Zeke can eat it. He's wrong and I'm livid I cant rail on him in the thread right now. At least I dont have to listen anymore to the "everything who votes me is a lazy idiot" schtick of his.

@Nat Please confirm to me what the negative consequences to voting out town are, if there are any, in spoiler tags if necessary, while I reevaluate whether coming back to playing Mafia after a year was a good idea when all I get is talking to a human brick wall for it. And being called defensive yet again, only this time in my most relaxed early game yet, because I posted a lot trying to solve on D2 or something.

The game really is like that sometimes when you have people with strong personalities at the helm. It's not exactly that they're targeting you but that the conversation is going to flow that way. It sucks you had to bow out so soon man, I felt like you were playing your town range D1.

Natiko

For Natiko's eyes only:

I'm starting to guess the reason why some supposed "Town" players aren't necessarily jumping at the prospect of being voted out and "cleared" lol.
No really, big but vague spoiler.
3 total.. all from today lol

Natiko

Things may get very interesting tomorrow depending on what a certain delayed power chooses to do.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF

i thought you did good man. sorry you got caught up in zekes vengeance quest against everyone who scum read him. it was frustrating for me and i wasn't even town

lokiduck

I've been waiting for this moment.

Basically since I played the Thing and realized an accidental theme that happened for this season of mafia for our bastard games at least. It makes a certain post hilarious.
613055093184528406.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 7.36.20 PM.png

From next gen mafia XD

Sorry Zipped but the game schedulers don't know the full set up for every game when they schedule games XD

Because of that we got a Seasssssooooonnnnnnnnnnn of the Cults!!! >:D

That post made me laugh so hard when I saw it LOL. Boy did he not know what was coming.

Attachments

• 509012305741217806.png
    509012305741217806.png
    11 KB · Views: 98
BTW recruiting myself into the cult was I think penance enough.

I have a question, did spec get my breadcrumbing? It was real subtle, but also very blatant.

mafia team guesswork (since I already know who is cult)

the wizard
Melon
LP

one question for Natiko, did any of my items do anything or was I truly the fruit vendor like I thought I am?

Natiko

BTW recruiting myself into the cult was I think penance enough.

I have a question, did spec get my breadcrumbing? It was real subtle, but also very blatant.

mafia team guesswork (since I already know who is cult)

the wizard
Melon
LP

one question for Natiko, did any of my items do anything or was I truly the fruit vendor like I thought I am?
Good ol’ fruit vendor

lokiduck

I kind of wondered if you got recruited into the cult lol. Would be the perfect Karma for your post I showed lol.

but yeah what a fucking season having three cults. Feel like in review we need to talk about setting up a scheduler that doesn’t play much and knows all the set ups to prevent shit like this lol

technically I could have helped with that since I reviewed Doll and was running automata. This is why I laughed when I realized the thing had cult mechanics

lokiduck

lokiduck

LOL that day end. They so concerned about the hammerer and cult, all discussion of scum hunting has stopped XD

Verelios

Were-elios
This kind of feels like HvV3 where there were two cults that controlled the vote, us patriots who believed there probably was more cult and knew the scum team but couldn't maintain control, and the scum team who were flying in the dark and overwhelmingly outnumbered. Town felt like the scum team yesterday.

lokiduck

For season review thread, someone should do a cover of Season of the Witch but change it to cult

:eyes:

please and thank you if they just make it the tag line

Donnie

Mafia, pocketed, or dead N1
Lol my role for 3 days was forgetful townie who couldn't remember their role, I got the updated role 20 minutes before the day started last day phase and I was sitting looking at the role pm like "....the cult????"

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
This kind of feels like HvV3 where there were two cults that controlled the vote, us patriots who believed there probably was more cult and knew the scum team but couldn't maintain control, and the scum team who were flying in the dark and overwhelmingly outnumbered. Town felt like the scum team yesterday.

Yeah we had no idea what was going on in this game lmao

lokiduck

It’s kind of hilarious how many time peeps are like “let’s turbo before they get a kill in!!!” Only to sit on it and then someone dies anyway lol

I need to rewatch this show, somehow in between all the other shows I need to watch, as well as the shows I want to start.

When is there time?!?

Natiko

To answer Saw’s question - the game was winnable for mafia in a world where town doesn’t learn there’s a cult (consistently the strongest faction to put in a game) and then opt to primarily ignore it in hopes of killing mafia. A cult recruit is a two person swing (one leaves town, one joins the cult) while a mafia kill is a one person swing. It is factually the wrong play to target mafia first over cult and it may very well cost town the game lol

Donnie

Mafia, pocketed, or dead N1
Kind of hate the self vote suggestions to try and get a green check, doesn't feel in the spirit of the game, especially with the association that you must be afraid if you don't (its toxic idea in this day and age that fear is something you should be ashamed of). I appreciate this game has a very specific setup that allows players to think down those lines/use that strategy but it's just kind of demeaning imo I enjoyed this game *a lot* and love the design (can't wait for the next one Nat) but having 3 or 4 people goad me to self vote last night was miserable (particularly from Zeke).

Hope that doesn't happen with Sneeks here with Wizard bringing it up again, regardless of alignment. Catch people with deduction but come on.

(This is my only bone to pick and it's more player behaviour related lol everything else was great)

Natiko

I may change it after this phase, just feels like it would shine a brighter light on the current suspects if I do it midday.

Top Bottom