ain't no law when you're drinking the claw
Also they took awhile to give me mod access
Was there criticism of the way I handled my claim
Mothsweats

I was told there was praise here
I did not find any
My town game weak sadjuan
You gotta read better:
I was feeling like Rover was town last day phase after he expanded on what he was thinking when he went into the town PR bucket. It felt misguided but genuine. The message stuff also feels legitimate. Which puts the crosshairs squarely on Fate here, who I think was doing a good job looking town throughout the game and probably would've (justifiably) skated through to the end had Rover not claimed the N1 message shenanigans with melon's clear. It was ultimately a good play by Rover if this ends up nabbing the bug.

Also they took awhile to give me mod access
Was there criticism of the way I handled my claim
Mothsweats
Nah, just Shark was away so we didn't have anyone around who could give you permissions.

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
I have been suffering from random bits of dizziness or was more of last week, so I haven't actually been reading the game and mostly just help Rando in mod chat.

However I am now catching up, and honestly the full claiming annoyed me while reading it.

I get why people wanted to claim, and I don't want to ruin their fun, but the game just felt super unfun and like it was ruining the intended plans of Random and his reviewers. There's a reason we try and not have mass claims on day one in mafia games, so having it happen in a game runner's first game just seems mean.

Anyways, that's all I'll say on the matter as I really don't want to upset anyone.

I will also say that Shirou had the best posts in the game and he is my fave so :heart:congrats Shirou.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
There was a mechanism that should have discouraged claiming but that didn't work out. I think if Random has an itch to make a 2.0 version we can make some further tweaks after seeing it run.

I'm still a little mixed on the bucket claiming. On one hand its neat that the players were trying to find a way to handle the setup and it allowed for a layer of strategy with the scum team to handle it. On the other hand it doesn't seem like a fun way to play either.

There was a mechanism that should have discouraged claiming but that didn't work out. I think if Random has an itch to make a 2.0 version we can make some further tweaks after seeing it run.

I'm still a little mixed on the bucket claiming. On one hand its neat that the players were trying to find a way to handle the setup and it allowed for a layer of strategy with the scum team to handle it. On the other hand it doesn't seem like a fun way to play either.

Yeah I agree with this, when I first came into spec I said this sort of game wasn't for me, but what I meant by that was the bucket claim did seem like a good strategy for town to use. But as you say from my perspective not a particularly fun one.

HPSauce

Wait, I was right? Fuck
I can understand people not liking how the claim situation panned out but from my POV town should be always making the most of what's at their disposal to win. The situation meant that a mass claim was the right thing to do. Again I totally understand people not enjoying it but I do personally feel we did the right thing.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
This was a really fun and unique setup, impeccably well designed and I echo the suggestion of running it again given the variability.

The claims did get away from us a bit, I think there was an excitement to dig into the open setup possibilities but it ended up drawing too many artificial mechanical lines between players and I think in hindsight we would have enjoyed it more if we stayed in the dark and got to rely on instinct more.

Sorry I didn't save ya Launch and HP, I had Launch as my n1 protect and switched it to a less-obvious target in Chuggs a few hours before action locked and then lied hoping they wouldn't anticipated the "consecutive" protect on Donnie n2. Vere being Stella was a suprise haha. I did get a good laugh of everyone judging "nin"s suboptimal protect on Chuggs. PRs are difficult, especially when scum know who you are
399914884482990080.png

PS: Malus was bugging me out, I hope they don't forget to make him grovel today if they're voting out scum.

HPSauce

Wait, I was right? Fuck
Okay so, did Vere actually get blocked as Stella? I assumed he was scum that just faked a block but if he is the bug it would make no sense to not actually do it right?

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
So nobody gonna question why scum who "know" the bug is among me/Vere have Rover accuse Fate? Like surely if that was the case Rover could just accuse one of us and kill the other, guaranteeing the bug notification the next day.

FateShirou

So nobody gonna question why scum who "know" the bug is among me/Vere have Rover accuse Fate? Like surely if that was the case Rover could just accuse one of us and kill the other, guaranteeing the bug notification the next day.
We post memes here sir

FateShirou

This is the worst
Rover gets me off for the letter and never mentions it again
And town let’s him get off the hook
It’s insane reading the tone difference between yesterday and today and no one seems to pick it up

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Vote: Verelios

Think I've said everything I wanted to today. Might make it back for EoD to answer anything.

Sorry Vere I think you played a fantastic game and just ran out of room to maneuver.

In case I die tonight, I think the PoE is pretty solid. I'm less worried about it than usual since this is an open setup. Get malus to use his ability and it should be okay for us.

In before Vere and Fate were Gnosia and Vere shot Fate as a final middle finger to town for a Bug victory.

My spidey senses are tingling hard with this. It's also something I rarely would pick up on if I'm actually playing.

Okay we're down to 1 Gnosia remaining so we will go open spoilers now:

The scum team is:
darkside - Jonas - Gnosia Roleblocker
Verelios - Stella - Gnosia Characterblocker
Rover - Chipie - Gnosia Godfather

The Bug is:
malus - Sha-Ming

The AC Follower was:
Funky Dude Sparks - Gina

Town is:
Zippedpinhead - The Protagonist - Crew
melonrabbit - Raqio - Crew
FateShirou - Yuriko - Crew
EvilChameleon - Kukrushka - Crew
TheChuggernaut - Comet - Crew
HPSauce - SQ - Engineer
Lone_Prodigy - Remnan - Doctor
Donniewahlberg - Shigemichi - Guard Duty
LaunchpadMcQ - Otome - Guard Duty
The Wizard - Setsu - Guardian Angel

Shoutout to malus for doing a great job as the Bug, I hope he's able to get the W. When I saw that malus had rolled Bug and Sha-Ming together I was optimistic he'd be able to make the most of it.

Shoutout to Zipped and Vere for being heroes and subbing into the game, and also doing a good job of shaking things up.

Shoutout to the Gnosia for putting up with my crappy design that was able to be broken so easily. It seems some people were able to have fun regardless but it didn't appear to be terribly fun to be scum in this one and I apologize for that.

Verelios

Were-elios
Shoutout to malus for doing a great job as the Bug, I hope he's able to get the W. When I saw that malus had rolled Bug and Sha-Ming together I was optimistic he'd be able to make the most of it.

Shoutout to Zipped and Vere for being heroes and subbing into the game, and also doing a good job of shaking things up.

Shoutout to the Gnosia for putting up with my crappy design that was able to be broken so easily. It seems some people were able to have fun regardless but it didn't appear to be terribly fun to be scum in this one and I apologize for that.
It was fun! There was a lot of thought put into how the role and character abilities interplay, and even the bucket claim could have been gamed. It's just that we haven't played many games that use it, haha. I don't even think it was terribly stacked against scum. If we still had the AC follower then we'd be a lot nearer to endgame and a possible win by now, but that's how luck works. You're up and down sometimes.

Verelios

Were-elios
I do feel like Malus always tends to do very well in anti-town roles
He does, for a few reasons. I realized he was bug and was thinking how he played today was excellent. Very subtle, and since he knows I'm not bug he created a good web for either me or Rover getting voted out and clinching victory ;)

And the best part is we both know the other knows but can only hope the tiles fall our way.

HPSauce

Wait, I was right? Fuck
He does, for a few reasons. I realized he was bug and was thinking how he played today was excellent. Very subtle, and since he knows I'm not bug he created a good web for either me or Rover getting voted out and clinching victory ;)

And the best part is we both know the other knows but can only hope the tiles fall our way.
The likely reality is that Rover decides who wins out of Town and Malus. I do wonder if claiming and just trying to delay for as long as possible might be the best play for Rover here. IDK though.

Verelios

Were-elios
The likely reality is that Rover decides who wins out of Town and Malus. I do wonder if claiming and just trying to delay for as long as possible might be the best play for Rover here. IDK though.
Well, yeah. They (town and bug) both played really well and deserve the win, so whoever comes out on top is fine with me.

Malus has a great chance here I feel, I guess he is just naturally good at 3rd party roles, he won in rdr2 as well as 3rd party.

If I was Rover I would be claiming I was bug out of the gate. And try to somehow point at LP and Chuggs as scum. This still gives you the Pyrrhic victory route for the actual bug winning and is some last gambit play for your own win. Town will probably read right through it but thats what I'd go for :salute:

Its crazy but I think its better than just actually claiming scum, thats not really a path to winning

LaunchpadMcQ

...can I smell you?
yeah, I hope town realizes when there’s no bug notification that they’ve missed something, but it’s going to be real easy for some of them to just want to vote out Rover right out the gate. Sending town my energy \o/

Top Bottom