Game Thread Marvel Heroes Mafia - Half of You Will Enjoy This

Sawneeks

little green dog
I would need to go back and check but off the top of my head, it's mostly the point that you mention in your reads list about pointing out Include swapping herself with Natiko. Although considering how many scum we have in this game, I wouldn't be surprised if they were more willing to just accuse it other and bring up points that paint each other in a negative light more often than usual. I'm definitely more wary of him after the potential preemptive celebration but prior to that, I didn't have many problems with them.

That post about Natiko was just me bringing up ideas. I don't think the shot on Natiko was scum shooting their teammate. I generally think Geno is town. Today has made me more wary of him but I don't think scum would play the way he did today.
Hrmm...

Thank you.

Sawneeks

little green dog
Neck ISO:

I'm giving up on the Day thing, sorry.

Even though in my heart I want to vote no lynch day 1, I hit scum last time and now crave the gambling rush.

On ITAs: I worry that tit-for-tat votes may evolve into revenge vig shots? I’m also personally curious if there are modifiers to the 15% chance somewhere or if it’s just meant as a low chance death roulette.

I spent 6 hours trying to judge if one of melon’s posts was a joke or a post in a wrong thread (final result: probably a joke since no one else acknowledged it). I’m often watching but I’m hesitant to add my foolishness.

Someone, possibly our benevolent despot, has made an ultimatum.

I’m interested to see how the story of the two gladiators who throw down their weapons ends.

A bit of an anticlimax, but I suppose that everything can’t have a twist ending.

No guard. If you wanna vote me then go for it. You’d have more backbone than Grizzly, at least.

Grizzly being a sacrifice for another player does make sense if there was a particularly strong ability which scum thought they needed on one of the vote leaders. Since Grizzly was roleblocked maybe they figured he was the best lamb to throw in the pit?

Otherwise, I find it hard to see how someone claims neutral executioner and hopes to live another day. Didn’t even try something like town executioner (which would come up “proven” on a cop check thanks to godfather), straight to neutral.

Between the two vote leaders of Vere and Rynam? Rynam.

I also suspect Alexem is scum and is hiding a vote on Rynam.

Grizzly rubbed me the wrong way by coming at me after the event, but never placing a vote on me.

Alexem later did the same thing, which I addressed in my response to him. Still no vote. Which is odd because it’s the exact same goad Grizzly used later and got lynched for.

There’s a possibility I’m just blinded by resentment? I did kinda touchdown dance when the punishments got handed out.

I took a moment to think about this, and I don’t have a stellar answer for you. Seeing no one else vote for Verelios in the day 1 event is a part of it. I’m willing to believe that event’s result was a hasty response that spiraled out of control, especially with how Vere and Geno were behaving afterwards.

It’s not strong reasoning, but I’m sticking with it for now.

Time to follow through on Rynam. The earlier it may happen the better.

Scathe: Rynam

Did some rough skimming to catch up, and I’m having trouble following the small ynnek push.

Vere vs zipped is making me... uneasy for some reason? I get that zipped making the first move, Vere admitting to being a role cop, and some level of protection in place are marks for zipped’s claim. I will think on this some more.

I’m a bit less suspicious of Alexem than I was in a previous post, despite Rynam being mafia.

Glad to see Blarg was summoned like some sort of blood magic.

@Sawneeks

Re: vere vs zipped. You’re right that it wasn’t a strong position. I was worried about a redirect or reflect power and the ramifications that could have if Vere wasn’t lynched. In retrospect, probably would’ve still been the lynch target of choice because the chances of a neutral or scum bouncing something back approach zero.

Have fun eventers!

I had a creeping suspicion, honestly. I wanna see what happened in there.

Sonething seems wrong here...

I was thinking about taking my ITA shot at the stranger in this coming phase.

No one else is blaringly obvious (to me at least) to take a shot at, but if the stranger doesn’t flip on death then I’ll feel foolish.

Alexem seems more vocal now than earlier. That may be to fill the void of missing players or to fill the void of missing teammates, I can’t tell.

Might as well follow through.

Dogweld: Lone Stranger

5 bucks on “command failed you are dead”

Coolest - Sacrifice
Fandorin & Brazil - Strong Kill
Zeke & Monkey - Cop Check
Gorlak - Redirect

Alexem - ???

On zeke’s choice: If all other claims are to be believed the only other outcome that prevents cop check from going out is Alexem picking cop. Since Alexem hasn’t said jack, it means

1. Two(+?) people are cooperating to pull a fast one (zeke and Alexem? zeke and monkey?).
2. Alexem picked cop and zeke didn’t.
3. zeke is telling the truth.

I lean on truth right now, but to stay on brand I’ll say I’m not terribly sure about that.

Weighing in on the items that weren’t picked next.

Reflector not being chosen says something about all players involved: they don’t think they’re going to be targeted, they don’t have anything to lose by being targeted, or they don’t want to block a friendly power. The main reason to take a reflector is safety. Mafia takes it to keep someone like zipped off them, town or neutral take it to protect themselves.

Obvious so far, right? But a reflect on a low impact town role (vanilla or something like hider) isn’t going to be all that attractive. I feel like a powerful role, town or scum, might’ve chosen reflector. Yet there reflector sits. All the other options PROVIDE a role effect, reflector enhances a preexisting one very effectively. A town taking reflector and announcing it becomes untouchable until either a mafia pops it with some non-kill ability (possibly revealing themselves) or a foolish town negates it. Or an ITA I guess but that’s traceable. It’s less effective on mafia, but it still might save a vital role for a night. That it wasn’t taken might indicate they desperately need one of the other options. With the protection happening last night, maybe they’re out of strong kills and that one shot is just too juicy to pass up.

Tl;dr: y’all either didn’t have power roles to give up, you have minor ones outclassed by another choice, or you’re playing a meta game of stopping another’s choice. Or you’re coolest. Thanks coolest.

100% ITA is something that can be traced back to the winner fairly easily given our garbage hit rates. Mafia might shy away from this due to hit rate shenanigans being suspicious here, town might think they’re painting a target on themselves to get nk’d before using it. All in all not shocked it wasn’t chosen. ITA boost was either too obvious, or simply not valuable in the face of other items.

...this post is why I generally try to stick to the background. Feels like mind vomit. Ugh. I spent so long typing it that I might as well post it.

Betting that the jailor’s kill would’ve been a strong one to punch through the protection they give. If it killed rac’s proxy then it probably would’ve killed zipped. The two commands seen were Jail and Kill, right?

@rac

I ask you if you remember, what was the kill command used against you?

I did not see if you can go back and check.

I dedicate this shot to the lovers.

Conjure Ceiling Pizza: melonrabbit

Do you mean why didn’t I follow him Day 3? Because I wanted to remove the unknown factor of that day, the stranger. How ya doin, rac.

If you mean “Why did you use your shot before the last ITA phase”: I see no reason to sit on my shot if I’ve already decided on a target. If my shot kills, someone else’s target changes, and hopefully for the better.

A query back: why do you consistently fire phase 2?

Hmm... because you were forthcoming about it after it happened, I suppose? Nothing’s ever 100%, like you say. Most of my theories turn out to be missing something.

I think there’s a possibility you weren’t expecting this to happen. I don’t think you’re scum.

Also feeling Scum here with Neck.

Similar to Zubz he is very concerned with his own survival. Worries about ITAs becoming revenge shots, mentions he is 'hesitant to add to his foolishness' about giving his thoughts, and was worried about Vere reflecting an ITA or something back at him.

Also stayed out of two instances of Scum fighting another player: Splinter vs Melon and Vere vs Zipped. He comments on both but doesn't give any hard stances on them, simply making very general statements.

Also shoots at the 'unknown' aka rac's Costume and says he has no strong choices outside of that DESPITE mentioning that he is still wary of Alexem who he has mentioned multiple times as being wary of. Again worries here about getting killed....but this time not enough to hold back a shot.

His longest post is all theorizing about mechanics in the Greed event which...doesn't really lead into any reads or anything? He just sort of openly muses on stuff.

Yeah, not feeling great here.

@LuxCommander any input on reads?
Can't be in depth unfortunately due to the impending end of day and work. Hopefully I can take some time and get something down for next day cycle, assuming I survive the night.

Sawneeks strikes me as town, Brazil is a null for me right now (can't really lean one way or the other after reading Neek's mention of the Blarg post because it's making me think hard. Prior to it, I leaned town on him), Blarg screams town to neutral, and Neck feels like typical retreating scum. That's where my vote for today is going.

VOTE: NeckToChicken

No, that's basically it. There are many posters who don't show up a lot, and Swamped is one of them - but when she is here, she isn't really pressing anyone or even fighting back against those who accuse her.

The one time she was prolific in her arguments in the entire game was during the TD, which was also the one time scum banded together to achieve something. 3 out of the first 6 No Lynch votes were scum's. Hers was the 7th, and the one that put the No Lynch option in the lead.

Back in a few. Currently mourning over our loss. *Sigh*
Fuck this, I’m getting piss drunk. Join me lol

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
Hmm, okay.

@Swamped any comment?

Well, I do think it's unfair to say my vote put no lynch in the lead, seeing as it was already leading at the time of my vote. I would indeed like to see @Brazil 's answer to your question regarding his logic, especially considering melon flipped town, so the Thunderdome was not scum vs scum.

Probably was more beneficial for scum to get Melon voted out, but the majority of players were against that, so it would have been risky for scum to play that angle. That's how it felt at the time anyway.

I don't think the Thunderdome was this huge thing the mafia tried to take control of, which is how Brazil is painting it. But because I haven't really done anything else of note, it is the easiest thing to scum read me for.

Your Brazil posts do make me think twice regarding his alignment though. Was initially town reading him.

Also, gloating the Belgium win

Kalor

Kay-lor? Kah-lor?
Unvote

Despite the fact that we probably should get rid of the more inactive players as we get closer to lylo, it just seems like a lazy vote today. I'll do some rereading and come back with a vote.

Sorian

Neutral Ascetic 1-Shot BP SK Alignment Cop
Staff member
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

necktochicken (3 votes)
rac - #6691
luxcommander - #6708
bladesymphony - #6720

briefs_cat (2 votes)
kalor - #6197 #6716
luxcommander - #6199 #6201
stanleypalmtree - #6524
zubz - #6571

sawneeks (2 votes)
geno - #6439
muffin - #6452

swamped (1 votes)
oreomunsta - #6539
brazil - #6620 #6623

kalor (1 votes)
kawl - #6458 #6713
swamped - #6717

blade symphony (1 votes)
kawl - #6713

zubz (1 votes)
sawneeks - #6617

lone_prodigy (0 votes)
melonrabbit - #5826 #6498
stanleypalmtree - #5862 #6524

muffin (0 votes)
natiko - #5824 #6503

blargonaut (0 votes)
zubz - #5811 #6571

natiko (0 votes)
bladesymphony - #5893 #6125

extreme tactician (0 votes)
rac - #6190 #6691

Post Counts:
muffin: 96 sawneeks: 81 blargonaut: 76 brazil: 66 geno: 58 melonrabbit: 57 heymonkey: 48 fandorin: 48 kalor: 47 sorian: 45 kawl: 37 rac: 36 ezekelrage: 33 extreme tactician: 33 bladesymphony: 26 poltergust: 24 natiko: 22 stanleypalmtree: 20 faircure: 19 luxcommander: 17 zubz: 15 oreomunsta: 14 coolestspot: 13 lone_prodigy: 12 swamped: 12 necktochicken: 10 briefs_cat: 9 gorlak: 2 grizzly: 1 ynnek7: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Day 4 Ends In:
pur_1530918000.png

OK, I'm back. As I said earlier I will give my alignment guesses for the remaining players. I'm gonna steal your list order for speed purposes, Sawneeks.

1. briefs_cat: Complete unknown, but seems to not really stick to his arguments all that welll?
2. rac: Claimed Lone Stranger and doesn't seem to be lying about it. Considering the scum-aligned similar character is gone, rac should be neutral at worst.
3. BladeSymphony: That soft claim is interesting and completely slipped past me. Dunno how to interpret it, though.
4. StanleyPalmtree: Has not made much of an impression on me, which is not really a good thing. Slightly lean scum.
5. Geno: Those hits are basically what's saving him at this point. For now, town lean.
6. Muffin: Need to do a more thorough look at his posts.
7. Ynnek: Town for obvious reasons.
8. Lone_Prodigy: Complete unknown. Has basically done nothing throughout the entire game.
9. Blargonaut: More likely town than not after melon's flip.
10. Faircure: The antidote event paints her in a bad light, but it's probably not enough to say either way.
11. Brazil: Leaning town due to him trying to figure things out in regards to how scum interacted with other players in the past.
12. Extreme Tactician: I already gave out my reasons for leaning scum on Extreme Tactician.
13. Sawneeks: I appreciate the effort she's putting in to get information out there on some of the more dubious players. It's a lot of work for scum to do, and they would want to not bring up post histories if they can help it. Town lean here.
14. CoolestSpot: I am Groot. Seriously though, I don't see much of a reason to consider him scum considering how he's verbally handicapped today and his actions regarding the Cosmic Cube event.
15. LuxCommander: Claim seems legit. I don't see much of a reason for him to not be town considering he didn't need to provide us with that info on Zipped.
16. Poltergust: Scummiest scum that ever scummed.
17. Oreomunsta: Complete unknown. Has she even posted during this day phase yet?
18. Kalor: Same with Muffin.
19. Zubz: I feel like he's skating by for most of the game. Something about him feels off to me. Lean scum on him.
20. Kawl: Got green-checked, which is the only reason I feel he's town (remember, I wanted to lynch him day 2).
21. NeckToChicken: Leaning scum. Extremely noncommittal and I agree with Sawneeks analysis of him.
22. Fandorin: Leaning town for now. Seems to be making decent contributions.
23. Swamped: Seems to be putting forth minimal effort. She needs to commit more to her arguments and I don't like how she's always trying to follow the crowd. Leaning scum.

There. Now with all of that said and done, I need to put up a vote.

Vote: NeckToChicken

Congratulations sawneeks, your read was entirely accurate about hiding.

rac, I purposefully have repeated phrases from N3 here, as well as trying to steer you back to checking jailer chat.

here for eod
i'm confused? you're claiming the jailer right? how'd you target grizzly if he was lynched? @_@
also what execution ability

Sawneeks

little green dog
BladeSymphony ISO:

I don't agree with the no lynch policy. D2 will just be a repeat of D1 and we'll go in circle. Plus considering power roles, who knows who could kill who at night.

@Natiko would you say a no lynch is better than a random dice roll on a lynch?

@Blargonaut is still missing from this game. I'd like to hear what he has to say on this. He already has votes trying to lure him out.

So Coolest softclaiming a PR role and empress seems like she's softclaiming a neutral role.

That's a lot of lurkers.

Interesting that this was posted right in the middle of the join process so it could easily be skimmed over. Just calling attention to it.

The item I received was not much of a benefit.

My five votes were:
Grizzly
Xbro
empressdonna
Geno
Apollo

At random, but I am suspicious of Grizzly and empressdonna. Whether her softclaim was a joke or not, it is still something I think should be worth investigating. Grizzly for the vote drop after the JOINs.

A casual vote drop after a quick joining process would generally seem to ensure that no one is really paying attention, which aroused my suspicion.

Simply seemed like it was intentionally placed. I'm not really basing it off anything more. Now that I recall his spat with Stu, it does make it seem far less intentional.

Newbie effect. I somehow doubt it was done intentionally. Suspicion on newbies seems natural for long-term mafia communities. Same thing happened earlier with Ferg.

You could have very easily told him to vote for me not knowing what this event brought, as well.

Seemed like a matching game.
Everyone votes for 5 people.
Top voted and lowest voted now need to match names, in this case, there were pairs of each since it was a tie.
If the match, they get a benefit, if they lose, penalty.

Then Verelios was introduced after a messed-up count (I think) and he chooses some, if none of the pairs matched names, his vote would be the only person to get a benefit.

I'm bad at explanations so I hope this helps somewhat.

Still no word from @Blargonaut

My voting selection was based off who I was most suspicious of + 3 randos. In this case, Grizzly and empress.

There was no rhyme or reason for the rest, plus I didn't have much understanding of the rules.

I'm guessing we can assume one of these guys is scum?

Here's the thing, it's less fair if both are scum, or both are town. It also gives one side an overwhelming advantage here since one of them will certainly be lynched.

If both are the same side, the grandmaster is quite evil, but then again, he is Thanos, but I'm trying to think logically.

One could also be neutral. I just doubt the possibility of both being the same side.

@Natiko puts up the best case for a vote. I'd like to hear what @Zippedpinhead has to say as well.

VOTE: Zippedpinhead

I'll be honest, I have no definite read on anyone right now outside of contradicting behavior that others have pointed out and soft claims that some people are passing off as jokes.

A lot of that has to do with the size of the game, however. I think I will go back and see if I can catalog what has happened so far that is of interest.

His pushing of stuart was at the very beginning plus the vote i pointed out after the random event.

Too much of a coincidence unless he was throwing stuart under the bus.

Faircure also agreed with Stuart's scum vibes after Grizz pointed it out. Then even after the bandwagon gave Grizz the benefit of the doubt. Don't like that. Scum vibes.

I'm still betting Stuart is town, and I get town vibes from Xbro as well.

Shoot: faircure, his back and forth and failure to really commit in the previous posts I mentioned on Grizzly make me think he's just saving face
Vote: Ynnek, his behavior is iffy, and he's playing really close to the chest, his posts seem to be just buying time instead of providing input
Protect: Stuart444 or Xbro, town reads on both of you right now.

So Vere flipped scum, sound like zip is clear for now. His claim seems realistic.

Still iffy on heymonkey defending vere so heavily. Why else would he do that unless scum really needed their role cop. They lost several pretty important roles already. Getting a hit on him was big.

Don't really understand why faircure is pushing Stuart as potential scum. Everything I've seen throws him heavily into my town reads. His doubts on vere and grizzly especially, who both ended up being scum.

I'm not really understanding your logic here. Vere's panic could have easily gone two ways: help potential scum or kill potential town.

Also could someone update me on the Kawl situation? Gonna go through his posts now but any summary would help since he few under my radar.

Geno has full town reads from me. There's no chance in hell he's scum after that event.

I'm uncomfortable with a Kawl lynch after this event, but he could still be scum. The ploy in the event could have easily been just to get ire off himself. He could have a weaker role than Apollo. Both could be scum.

VOTE: NATIKO

I'm not trusting much of Natiko is saying here.

All the people you've mentioned here have flipped scum.

You're still pointing to Geno as scum when he took out a very big important role for Mafia. Throwing Apollo under the bus just makes no sense at this stage.

Unless Nat's playing us all right now, it's highly likely that Nat's town. I'm dropping any scum reads I have on him for chasing me yesterday.

I did target Stu last night. That's why he was still alive day 3. I figured he'd be somehow targeted by scum. I don't know if he was but it seemed like an easy choice for them.

VOTE: blargonaut

I suspect blarg to flip scum. His vote on Nat comes out of nowhere and makes no sense with what me and Nat are claiming. If anything, he might be hoping for a bandwagon vote.

@Blargonaut why are you voting Nat? Explain yourself.

Ngl, it was mostly a shot in the dark. He was the most talkative and his reads have been fairly accurate. Considering that, he seemed like the easiest pick for scum.

If I'm wrong about this, I deeply regret my actions: Extreme-Tactician

kawl - #4735 #5421
heymonkey - #4906 #5253
natiko - #4930 #5280

Willing to bet one or two of them are scum.

In fact I'd be interesting in seeing a certain flip.

Natiko

VOTE: Natiko

If Kawl isn't scum, either you, Natiko or both of you are. Your track records have been incredibly weak this entire game and last night vote for town and then the switch over to who is conveniently also town is incredibly sketchy.

If mine's been incredibly weak, yours is deep in the gutter right now.

A melon/natiko/heymonkey flip is what I'd be most interested in seeing right now.

I knew one of them had to scum. Natiko seemed the most likely. His votes yesterday convinced me. Wrong about monkey but what can you do.

Losing Ezekel is a big blow. He had the most insight this game and his post on melon is what interested me in a flip.

VOTE: melonrabbit

He knew I went to Stuart. It made me think he may have been the town tracker, even with my already mafia suspicions. His votes yesterday just confirmed I was wrong.

Shot in the dark: Geno

I'd say if sawneeks flips town, I'd probably go for a muffin / geno Lynch.

That post on swamped is probably where I'd lean scum.

I'm iffy on everyone else and the remaining players are just... hard to read.

I do think Geno's shot on Natiko was just a shot in the dark.

Claimed a protective Role. Also had the item from Day 1 that I don't think was ever revealed outside of a 'it's not very helpful' comment.

Saying Blade is 'all over the place' is a bit of an understatement, I'm not sure if you could draw a straight line with his play.

Follows Natiko on voting against Zipped and then, post Vere-flip, chides Monkey for defending Vere despite the fact that he fell on the pro-Vere side of things.

Assumes the TD must be a mix of alignments or else it would be unfair, though doesn't follow that case, argue against Splinter/Melon, or any of that for some time.

Goes form trsting Nat on the whole Zipped v Vere to voting against him in one post and then TRUSTING Nat in the following post and saying Nat was 'highly likely to be Town'. Also claims to have protected Stuart in that same post and votes for Blarg for something he and Nat (the person he just voted against) did.

Suddenly shoots ET for no reason?

Then jumps back to wanting Natiko dead and wanting his flip? Also suddenly follows Zeke's post on Melon AFTER he flips, not before. Why? Then takes a random potshot at Geno and ends up saying Swamped would be his choice as he has no hard feelings on remaining players despite: Faircure being still alive AND Geno still being alive

Despite the claim I'm actually feeling Scum here.

here for eod
i'm confused? you're claiming the jailer right? how'd you target grizzly if he was lynched? @_@
also what execution ability
Based off of how NeckToChicken described it, it seems that he'd lose his ability the moment he executes a town-aligned or scum-aligned player?

I have to declare my jail target during the day or twilight. I sent the command around... 2ish day one? Then all hell broke loose and my 1/49 chance came through.

Sawneeks

little green dog
Blocked Night 1 due to the event.
Night 2: Stu
Night 3: Zeke

That's...oddly convenient that the people you target end up dying during the Day Phase. :x

Congratulations sawneeks, your read was entirely accurate about hiding.

rac, I purposefully have repeated phrases from N3 here, as well as trying to steer you back to checking jailer chat.

I can kill my jail target. Strong. Infinite uses, so long as I don’t hit town.

I’ll kill one more tonight, should I make it that long.

Interesting.

Unless someone counterclaims I'd buy it, it would fit with your obsession of rac's costume.

N1 I wanted to press grizzly for info and possibly kill,
N2 I wanted to protect zipped, who seemed a prime target
N3 I thought I bought zipped some breathing room, and as such tried to contact the stranger. I reasoned maybe they couldn’t talk, so I gave them part of my role and then offed them to see what would happen with the information

Sawneeks

little green dog
Can't be in depth unfortunately due to the impending end of day and work. Hopefully I can take some time and get something down for next day cycle, assuming I survive the night.

Sawneeks strikes me as town, Brazil is a null for me right now (can't really lean one way or the other after reading Neek's mention of the Blarg post because it's making me think hard. Prior to it, I leaned town on him), Blarg screams town to neutral, and Neck feels like typical retreating scum. That's where my vote for today is going.

VOTE: NeckToChicken
Would now like to know why you went with Neck over zubz who is guilty of the the same thing.

Kalor

Kay-lor? Kah-lor?
Looking through some posters, Blade wasn't really on my radar before but there's some stuff that sticks out. The main thing is their ITA targets. They feel fleeting in that they'll shoot someone, miss, and then drop their suspicion of the person shortly after. They shoot Extreme and don't really bring them up again and the same with Geno.

The thing that makes me wary is their protective role but their targets haven't been great and died shortly after.

Vote: BladeSymphony

Kalor

Kay-lor? Kah-lor?
Thinking about the targets more, we believe Blade, that means that two alleged protective roles targeted Ezekel on night 3 which seems like a big coincidence although possible.

Based off of how NeckToChicken described it, it seems that he'd lose his ability the moment he executes a town-aligned or scum-aligned player?
ohh get it now, ty
first couple posts were just incredibly cryptic for me

I believe neck's claim for now. so zubz and blade are probably where I want to go today. I brought it up earlier but I think it's probably worth noting that blade was the first person to bandwagon natiko's zipped train and that was the only mislynch train d1 that got any steam. I was also on it later on so I'm probably being a bit hypocritical here but I did think it was a shaky vote and said so d2 and switched to griz later I guess? also still can't follow the development of his natiko read really.
vote:bladesymphony

Sawneeks

little green dog
Thinking about the targets more, we believe Blade, that means that two alleged protective roles targeted Ezekel on night 3 which seems like a big coincidence although possible.

There's also the aspect that Zeke/Monkey died that Day Phase. If Blarg is telling the truth then if Blade is a Poisoner/Delayed Kill it may not have made it through.

Hm

Sawneeks

little green dog
ohh get it now, ty
first couple posts were just incredibly cryptic for me

I believe neck's claim for now. so zubz and blade are probably where I want to go today. I brought it up earlier but I think it's probably worth noting that blade was the first person to bandwagon natiko's zipped train and that was the only mislynch train d1 that got any steam. I was also on it later on so I'm probably being a bit hypocritical here but I did think it was a shaky vote and said so d2 and switched to griz later I guess? also still can't follow the development of his natiko read really.
vote:bladesymphony
Thoughts on the fact he claimed a protective role and never revealed his item?

rac

whatever
unvote

actually feel pretty bad about that
imma trust that you're town pr since you had the chance to kill zipped obviously

Sorian

Staff member
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

bladesymphony (4 votes)
kawl - #6713
sawneeks - #6742
kalor - #6744
faircure - #6746

necktochicken (2 votes)
rac - #6691
luxcommander - #6708
bladesymphony - #6720
poltergust - #6722 #6748

briefs_cat (2 votes)
kalor - #6197 #6716
stanleypalmtree - #6524
zubz - #6571

sawneeks (2 votes)
geno - #6439
muffin - #6452

swamped (1 votes)
oreomunsta - #6539
brazil - #6620 #6623

kalor (1 votes)
kawl - #6458 #6713
swamped - #6717

lone_prodigy (0 votes)

muffin (0 votes)
natiko - #5824 #6503

blargonaut (0 votes)
zubz - #5811 #6571

natiko (0 votes)

rac - #6190 #6691

zubz (0 votes)
sawneeks - #6617 #6742

Post Counts:
muffin: 96 sawneeks: 89 blargonaut: 76 brazil: 67 geno: 58 melonrabbit: 57 kalor: 51 heymonkey: 48 fandorin: 48 sorian: 46 kawl: 38 rac: 36 ezekelrage: 33 extreme tactician: 33 poltergust: 31 bladesymphony: 26 natiko: 22 faircure: 21 stanleypalmtree: 20 necktochicken: 18 luxcommander: 17 zubz: 15 oreomunsta: 14 coolestspot: 13 lone_prodigy: 12 swamped: 12 briefs_cat: 9 gorlak: 2 grizzly: 1 ynnek7: 1

Thoughts on the fact he claimed a protective role and never revealed his item?
honestly I missed it the for a while because it was so casual and there wasn't much to it? I do want to see his full claim. the amount of protection around is also strange, it's notable he claimed a night protection role where the most of the other protection around has focused on BPs because they're helpful for day and night protection.

I'm not sure why he didn't reveal the item if it wasn't useful to him/he wasn't planning anything with it. the other stuff from events has been like strong kills/tracks so I'm also questioning if there'd even be a "useless" item award? it could've definitely been a hide tactic.

Muffin

is being held hostage by Sammi
Chickens claim checks out. Lux confirmed the jailer to be a thing way earlier and Zipped didn't die then, so he's town.

Not sure why I should lynch Blade though. If his claim is too vague for you all, why didn't you ask this way earlier?

Sawneeks

little green dog
Chickens claim checks out. Lux confirmed the jailer to be a thing way earlier and Zipped didn't die then, so he's town.

Not sure why I should lynch Blade though. If his claim is too vague for you all, why didn't you ask this way earlier?
Did you not read the ISO on him?

I've also previously mentioned the issues with his claim multiple times, monkey was the only one to ever acknowledge it. :/

Ok the arguments here against Blades seem pretty compelling. I'd like to hear Blades response but since day is ending soon

Vote: BladeSymphony

Sorian

Staff member
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

bladesymphony (6 votes)
kawl - #6713
sawneeks - #6742
kalor - #6744
faircure - #6746
poltergust - #6761
briefs_cat - #6778

briefs_cat (2 votes)
kalor - #6197 #6716
stanleypalmtree - #6524
zubz - #6571

sawneeks (2 votes)
geno - #6439
muffin - #6452

necktochicken (2 votes)
rac - #6691 #6753
luxcommander - #6708
bladesymphony - #6720
poltergust - #6722 #6748

swamped (1 votes)
oreomunsta - #6539
brazil - #6620 #6623

kalor (1 votes)
kawl - #6458 #6713
swamped - #6717

lone_prodigy (0 votes)

muffin (0 votes)
natiko - #5824 #6503

blargonaut (0 votes)
zubz - #5811 #6571

natiko (0 votes)

rac - #6190 #6691

zubz (0 votes)
sawneeks - #6617 #6742

Post Counts:
muffin: 99 sawneeks: 94 blargonaut: 76 brazil: 67 geno: 58 melonrabbit: 57 kalor: 51 heymonkey: 48 fandorin: 48 sorian: 47 kawl: 40 rac: 39 poltergust: 35 ezekelrage: 33 extreme tactician: 33 bladesymphony: 29 faircure: 23 natiko: 22 stanleypalmtree: 22 necktochicken: 20 luxcommander: 17 zubz: 15 oreomunsta: 14 coolestspot: 13 lone_prodigy: 12 swamped: 12 briefs_cat: 10 gorlak: 2 grizzly: 1 ynnek7: 1

Muffin

is being held hostage by Sammi
Kalor, Neeks, Faircure and now briefs going on Blade who has now claimed the Rynam and DC kill. All people I don't feel good about.

Sawneeks

little green dog
Vote: briefs_cat

anybody else with an item want to chime in and clarify if you can use a PR and an item in the same night?

Sorian

Staff member
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

briefs_cat (4 votes)
kalor - #6197 #6716
stanleypalmtree - #6524
zubz - #6571
sawneeks - #6791
bladesymphony - #6795

bladesymphony (4 votes)
kawl - #6713
sawneeks - #6742 #6791
kalor - #6744 #6792
faircure - #6746
poltergust - #6761
briefs_cat - #6778

sawneeks (2 votes)
geno - #6439
muffin - #6452
bladesymphony - #6788 #6790

swamped (1 votes)
oreomunsta - #6539
brazil - #6620 #6623

melonrabbit (1 votes)
ezekelrage - #6031
bladesymphony - #6125 #6517
luxcommander - #6201 #6708
sawneeks - #6242 #6617
briefs_cat - #6311 #6519
brazil - #6351 #6433

kalor (1 votes)
kawl - #6458 #6713
swamped - #6717

necktochicken (1 votes)
rac - #6691 #6753
luxcommander - #6708
bladesymphony - #6720 #6788
poltergust - #6722 #6748

lone_prodigy (0 votes)

muffin (0 votes)
natiko - #5824 #6503

blargonaut (0 votes)
zubz - #5811 #6571

natiko (0 votes)

rac - #6190 #6691

zubz (0 votes)
sawneeks - #6617 #6742

Post Counts:
muffin: 101 sawneeks: 96 blargonaut: 76 brazil: 67 geno: 58 melonrabbit: 57 kalor: 52 heymonkey: 48 sorian: 48 fandorin: 48 kawl: 41 rac: 39 poltergust: 36 bladesymphony: 33 ezekelrage: 33 extreme tactician: 33 faircure: 24 stanleypalmtree: 23 natiko: 22 necktochicken: 20 luxcommander: 17 zubz: 15 oreomunsta: 14 coolestspot: 13 lone_prodigy: 12 swamped: 12 briefs_cat: 11 gorlak: 2 grizzly: 1 ynnek7: 1

Sawneeks

little green dog
You can bet some are mafia from this alone. Sawneeks going after me after calling the correct role? Ridiculous.

VOTE: SAWNEEKS
What? You mentioned being a protective role already. I'm highlighting how your play is inconsistent as all hell and how your 'protective' targets always die.

Full claim

I also relatively dislike how Brazil spent a good chunk of time arguing with Zeke and then just kinda plops a vote down on Alexem to help 'clear up that event' and because he 'wasn't there'. No real comment on his odd claim, disappearing, etc. Did that ever help you out, Brazil? Or was that just talk to justify a vote?
I felt confident that there was scum in that event. But my case against Zeke was immediately shot down by Monkey. I still fought for my point for posterity's sake, but the fact that Monkey herself had offered her own believable theory about the event made me slow my roll a little.

I'm sitting and waiting. I don't have a strong townread on Zeke like Monkey and Gorlak seemingly do, and I still think my logic fits. But I also recognize enough weirdness in Alexem's behavior to consider him the other possibility.
Had Zeke not been flipped right before the ITA, I'd still have suspicions about him. I never dropped that line of thought - I still confronted him about it before his death.

Also find this logic here:

Odd. I may have said the same at the time, I can't recall, but Melon flipping Scum actually would not damn Blarg. Blarg could've still been giving out BP Vests as Town and just misjudged and gave it to a Scum!Melon. The reasoning for the connection to Swamped checks out though.
Even Kawl was doubting Blarg at that point. His vest could have been a fake that the fake item giver sent him (I don't remember who that was). If melon flipped scum, I'd be the first in line to vote Blarg.

Her flip by itself didn't confirm Blarg's alignment, yes. But if she flipped scum after claiming that her vest had been stolen that day... That would've been a very clear attempt at giving Blarg some leeway.

However I have a question in regards to the Swamped Scum Read. It sounds like you are arguing that Swamped is Scum because she pushed for a No Lynch to....save Splinter, yes? Earlier it seems you were also building a connection that it was a Scum v Scum TD but that has since fallen apart so you still feel a Scum!Swamped would go for a No Lynch that strongly despite a Townie being an opposite choice?
Scum were the ones who pushed for a No Lynch. That's fact. Apollo was the first to vote No Lynch, and he was quickly followed by Natiko and Splinter himself. All three of them argued in favor of a No Lynch throughout the final part of that event. Any other result in that thunderdome would have been bad for scum - if Splinter had been voted out, well, yeah. And if melon had been voted out and flipped town, that would put Splinter under the heaviest scrutiny. As I said yesterday, I'd still scumread Swamped regardless of melon's flip.

To be clear, I'll still be suspicious of Swamped regardless of your flip.

Well, I do think it's unfair to say my vote put no lynch in the lead, seeing as it was already leading at the time of my vote. I would indeed like to see @Brazil 's answer to your question regarding his logic, especially considering melon flipped town, so the Thunderdome was not scum vs scum.

Probably was more beneficial for scum to get Melon voted out, but the majority of players were against that, so it would have been risky for scum to play that angle. That's how it felt at the time anyway.

I don't think the Thunderdome was this huge thing the mafia tried to take control of, which is how Brazil is painting it. But because I haven't really done anything else of note, it is the easiest thing to scum read me for.

Your Brazil posts do make me think twice regarding his alignment though. Was initially town reading him.
No. That's incorrect. When you showed up in the thread, the vote was 6 for melon, 5 for Splinter, and 6 for a No Lynch. I have the votes in a timeline right here. Your vote put No Lynch in the lead with 7 against 6 for melon and 5 for Splinter.

You could've started suspecting me earlier when I presented these same arguments against you. But you only did so now that someone else threw some shade at me. Meh

Also, gloating the Belgium win
:|

Top Bottom