Game Thread Marvel Heroes Mafia - Half of You Will Enjoy This

rac

whatever
anyways blarg whyd you choose to vest geno instead of blade or neck?

geno didnt give you any suspicion yesterday?

MGmE3Cv.png

SMixuTA.png

yeah, this is pretty much how it went down. when I got to the thread he had a post with the kill command and like a sentence. there wasn't any questions for me or anything, so I assumed that it was possible he could take it back but wouldn't because he seemed really convinced and hadn't even attempted to open discussion. I initiated talking by asking if he wanted my input on anything that had happened because he was going to be seeing my flip soon anyways.

about my vote on briefs, I was townreading Sawneeks so I went for the inactive that I thought I wouldn't be able to make a read on. we got so strapped for time that voting outside of an existing wagon just seemed like throwing my vote away. but thinking that scum would want to steer the lynch away from Sawneeks is a good thought, assuming that scum did kill her.
The fact that you thought it could be reversed cheapens Neck's "gambit" a little.

Even though I don't think you have any choice other than being honest here, though... eh

VOTE: Poltergust

Explain your vote on briefs_cat.

did you miss that rynam has almost the same power as me and has no or?
I'm still leaning town on you, rac, but this doesn't hold much water anymore. We had an even night doctor and a limitless doctor with a vig shot. This game is asymmetrical as fuck.

I was told that the lone stranger lacks an alignment.
Possibly futile ramblings below:

What do you think is the reason for this? Who does it benefit? We had Stuart as an alignment cop... If the Lone Stranger is town, wouldn't it make sense for it to show up as town so that Stuart could indirectly clear the one who controls it?

rac

whatever
n1 deaths :
Town Vanilla
Town Mad Scientist
Town 4-shot Gunsmith
Town ITA Booster

n2 deaths :
Town Compulsory Hider

n3 deaths :
Town Vanilla
Town Role Cop and 1-shot BP

Town ITA Nerfer
also sawneeks would have died this night

n4 deaths :
Town Doctor and 1-shot Strong Day Vigilante

i believe brazil and muffin want to shade kalor and fraicure for there being less kills last night?

n1 deaths :
Town Vanilla
Town Mad Scientist
Town 4-shot Gunsmith
Town ITA Booster

n2 deaths :
Town Compulsory Hider

n3 deaths :
Town Vanilla
Town ITA Nerfer

n4 deaths :

i believe brazil and muffin want to shade kalor and fraicure for there being less kills last night?
There was also an attempt on Zipped on N2.

vote : Brazil
You can do better than this, rac.

On the road back to Austin from Houston right now, so I'll be quiet until I get home, but to answer you again @Brazil, I targeted you because you're a vocal player and was wondering if anyone would do anything to you. No one did. Nor did anyone do anything to Swamped, which I'll admit I'm a bit surprised by. I assume that means we are very limited in our investigate roles now.

On the road back to Austin from Houston right now, so I'll be quiet until I get home, but to answer you again @Brazil, I targeted you because you're a vocal player and was wondering if anyone would do anything to you. No one did. Nor did anyone do anything to Swamped, which I'll admit I'm a bit surprised by. I assume that means we are very limited in our investigate roles now.
I must've missed your previous answer. Alright.

Are you townreading Swamped? Why do you think people would've targeted her?

Safe travels!

oreomunsta

Crumbles under pressure *for now*
Anyway, apparently my gifting last Night failed

dunno if I was Roleblocked or what, but I was informed by dear host that my action indeed failed

TARGET, what's up with you, huh

Okay, confession time. I'm a decelarator.

I targeted you Blarg to test out your claim back at N3. Decelerating just delays stuff by a day.

Blarg isn't lying, and Geno should have gotten his vest now

I must've missed your previous answer. Alright.

Are you townreading Swamped? Why do you think people would've targeted her?

Safe travels!

No, I'm actually getting light scum vibes from her, you yourself have mentioned this in the past. I was hoping someone might follow up on that and check her. My goal was to verify information; if they were targeted for protection or a buff, I'd see that.

oreomunsta

n1 deaths :
Town Vanilla
Town Mad Scientist
Town 4-shot Gunsmith
Town ITA Booster

n2 deaths :
Town Compulsory Hider

n3 deaths :
Town Vanilla
Town ITA Nerfer

n4 deaths :

After N1 I theorized that scum could have multi-NK abilities... D2 put a halt on my theory, but now I'm wondering if I was half-right, and that the multi-NK comes into play on odd nights. By that logic, we may be in trouble tonight :<

I targeted you Blarg to test out your claim back at N3. Decelerating just delays stuff by a day.

Nah, hold on a second. This doesn't really explain anything, does it?

Blarg sent the vest to Geno on N4, not on N3. On N3 he sent Zeke a vest. That's the one that would've arrived today (it could've saved Monkey and Zeke from geting killed in the last phase too, so good job there if you're telling the truth u.u).

No, I'm actually getting light scum vibes from her, you yourself have mentioned this in the past. I was hoping someone might follow up on that and check her. My goal was to verify information; if they were targeted for protection or a buff, I'd see that.
Hmmm :/

The ideal play last night would've been to target the claimed Doctor to see who'd kill him.

oreomunsta

Nah, hold on a second. This doesn't really explain anything, does it?

Blarg sent the vest to Geno on N4, not on N3. On N3 he sent Zeke a vest. That's the one that would've arrived today (it could've saved Monkey and Zeke from geting killed in the last phase too, so good job there if you're telling the truth u.u).

Oh shit, hang on, you might be right :S Okay, I delayed Blarg's action on N3. So whoever should have received that gift should have received it today... Yeah.... Does that make me the reason that Zeke died? T~T

Well shit. Was Blarg really being so suspicious? I would have thought there were better targets during that time.

oreomunsta

Well shit. Was Blarg really being so suspicious? I would have thought there were better targets during that time.

I've only used the ability once on Blarg on N3. With the vast variety of roles in the game, I don't want to constantly risk blocking town. Blarg was suspicious enough to me to risk it that one time

Okay, so just got back and am able to post. Normally for once.

I was targetted one full day and only able to speak in "variations of I am Groot', so I'm glad someone suggested the morse code. A surprisingly good move, and I thought of something to try to communicate before in some code, but couldn't of think of how until morse was thrown out. So seriously, thanks for that. I already said yesterday I have no idea why I of all people I was silenced, I don't have much info. Maybe to distract the team, or change the topic off of items, I have no idea. That doesn't even make much sense, cause the power clearly has to have come from an item. I bet it is D1 (cause more then that seems OP, and unbalanced, right?), so maybe they're hoping it's use will get me killed in some MYLO b.s.? But I'm vanilla so why do they want me killed?

All I have to say is; I am not motherfucking groot no more.

In general, my posts have been lacking, admitally. I've been away a bit thanks to work and trying to find new job, and missed all of D2. After that I've just been slipping, trying to skim to catch up, but failing to do so. Thus my insight is extremely lackluster and unhelpful (I'm honestly as worthwhile as those that haven't posted in all likelyhood). I'm hoping to be better today, if all things go well, and rest of day. Hopefully this clear shit up about me, but I think I honestly have a kind of murky image about myself in general when looking at this and just feel as though I've come off as shady.

Sorian

Neutral Ascetic 1-Shot BP SK Alignment Cop
Staff member
An event is starting

This event has no maximum player count. This event is a little bit special in that it will be open until shortly before the first ITA phase. The activity level needed is for about 15 minutes of time where I am online. Anyone who joins will be playing a game with me directly. Whoever scores best against me wins. As such, you don't need to be available at the same time as other players. Please use the JOIN command to join the event. Once you do, I will add you to the forum in the Galactic Arena titled "Find the Power." You may not discuss the event here at all but normal discussion may continue.

oreomunsta

So you haven't used your powers on more vocal players because they could be town?

Right. I don't think my power to delay is that great for investigating. It takes too long to get a result, and case in point, I might have had a big hand in some town players' deaths :<

Right. I don't think my power to delay is that great for investigating. It takes too long to get a result, and case in point, I might have had a big hand in some town players' deaths :<
Well, I can't exactly fault you. You weren't hear during the first days, so it's kinda hard to get a proper grip on things.

I need to get to bed or else I’d challenge Thanos. The fact we only got 1 Scum Kill is definitely suspect, though.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
anyways blarg whyd you choose to vest geno instead of blade or neck?

geno didnt give you any suspicion yesterday?
Geno's a bonafide scum-killer who gets results

I didn't know about Blade, sry

What confirms Neck as a Jailor, let alone Town

?

Oreo could easily be lying about this, and if his N1 and N2 targets have died he can now safely reveal his targets because nobody will say they got delayed.

Oreo could easily be lying about this, and if his N1 and N2 targets have died he can now safely reveal his targets because nobody will say they got delayed.
But why even lie? It would just let people know not to target you, because you'll get your BP later. It isn't gonna help him.

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
vote : Brazil

Wait why? And why unvote immediately after?

Cool

So have we resolved the discrepancies? Blarg presented Geno with the vest on N4, Geno says he received a vest N4 even though Blarg was notified that his action didn't make it. But you targetted him N3.

Also, this power doesn't necessarily seem townie. Seems to cause more confusion lol. Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far we haven't seen any scum powers that present useful items to other scum, right? So why have a town decelerator?

Kalor

Kay-lor? Kah-lor?
Decelerator is a weird role. It seems way more likely to harm town than it is to benefit it.

Kalor

Kay-lor? Kah-lor?
Swampeds been building up a history of voting for people with no prior explanation on why and then not really expanding on it.

I am about 4 pages behind (100 ppp) but I know the deadline is soon and I want to actually vote this time lol.

VOTE: LuxCommander

Lots of people poking muffin, but no votes on him?

VOTE: Muffin

Not particularly scum reading blade, but could get behind a Kalor vote.

VOTE: Kalor

Came out of nowhere, right?

I can't decide if it's someone just trying to keep up with the game or scum just throwing votes around and seeing what works. The key one that stands out is the vote for me yesterday and not because I'm involved in it. Scum were probably content to leave the vote as it was yesterday as the key contenders were a claimed doctor and an inactive player. Kawl already had a vote on me so if I was scum wanting to vote someone just to appear active, I'd go for the vote on me because it doesn't rock the boat and isn't a complete wasted vote since there was already one vote there.

Also, she mentions that she'll switch her vote onto Extreme if Include gets shot but then she never does and hasn't went back to Extreme since then.

VOTE: Include

I think she'll get hit during ITA. If so, I'll change my vote, probably to Extreme Tactician given the 100% ITA argument.

I can't decide if it's someone just trying to keep up with the game or scum just throwing votes around and seeing what works.

Well, she does tend to juat parrot other people's responses. If she were scum, I'd think she'd get more original material.
Also, she mentions that she'll switch her vote onto Extreme if Include gets shot but then she never does and hasn't went back to Extreme since then.
I was waiting for her vote so that I could start a defense for myself. But it never happened.

Muffin

is being held hostage by Sammi
You got that right, though I'd let faircure off the hook for now after what our jailor said.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
Someone clearly thought I was going to help out Blade

damned Oreo's alleged N3 aside, I bet I was Roleblocked last Night, or else otherwise intercepted

rac

whatever

Welcome Rynam,

You are Colossus. True Identity Piotr Rasputin.

Your role is Mafia NPC Creator. You may privately PM the command RECRUIT once per day phase starting on day 2 to the gamerunner. You will create an alternate account that may make one ITA shot at the current mafia team hit chance minus 5%. Your NPC can not be targeted during the ITA phase and will disappear at the end of phase in which he was summoned.

You may also use the command KILL:<playername> once per night to execute the mafia factional kill. Your target will be killed assuming they have no form of protection. You may use both your individual ability and the factional ability in the same night, if applicable.

You win when the mafia team outnumbers all other players.

or?

Muffin

is being held hostage by Sammi
even though odd nights have more kills than even nights?
Why would I think the absolute causality here to be "because it's an odd night"? Maybe it has influence, or partial influence, or none at all and maybe the boatloads of PRs we have in this game got lucky on choosing their targets on those nights.

I don't see why we would ignore it.

Kalor

Kay-lor? Kah-lor?
We shouldn't ignore it but Day 3 did only have 1 kill. Today isn't out of the ordinary in that regard.

Sorian

Neutral Ascetic 1-Shot BP SK Alignment Cop
Staff member
Event sign ups have ended

If you already signed up before this post, you can still play your game.

ITAs will start in a minute or two.

Top Bottom