Game Thread Marvel Heroes Mafia - Half of You Will Enjoy This

rip neck :( seeya jail buddy

I honestly forgor you shot at me.
Like I said I was originally planning to sleep. I was midly surprised by the hit on Stan.

Nobody townread him in their posts, but I doubt anybody was scumreading him.
Honestly I remember seeing townreads of Stan. But they were a bit back and more just a sentence or two about how he was playing like usual and hadn't really done anything scummy.

Neck is a obvious kill. It’s interesting that they didn’t go for his night kill though. Scum was afraid of Blade’s protection? Maybe Geno was attacked and got the Blarg’s BP which got immediately used?
Blarg said the giving failed though, I don't think there would be that message if it went through and was used?

rac

whatever
Blarg I can see flipping scum, but with Melon flipping town the chance is now reduced. After that we should probably start going for LP or Briefscat, maybe rac too although I will have to reread him.

Itscominghome:Stanleypalmtree

still waiting on that reread

maybe your first post should read

"we should probably start going for LP or Briefscat, maybe Stanley too although I will have to reread him"

eZbplMw.png

Ged3sdJ.png

The new town flips put more pressure on a handful of players:

- Swamped and faircure on the scum-led No Lynch TD train.
- Kalor, Zubz, Poltergust and faircure for voting briefs_cat in the last phase, since scum didn't want Saw lynched.

- Poltergust for his multiple successive bandwagon votes against townies that are never really explained beyond "Aw shucks I guess I have no choice":
We need more time to discuss this. I guess I don't have a choice in the matter.

Vote: briefs_cat
If Blarg is able to pass on BPs to other players, I expect him to die in the night. Scum wouldn't want someone who can keep people alive to be in the game for long.

As such, I guess I have no choice but to go for Alexem. If Blarg survives the night then I’ll ITA him.

Vote: Alexem
I think that we should go over the possible ways Apollo would've used his power. I do agree with what was mentioned before in that he likely gave someone a 100% hit rate for today's ITA. This means that the people we should look into are the ones who got a hit:

-EzekelRAGE hit scum. A powerful scum role as well. Unlikely that he was given the guaranteed shot.
-Mazre hit Zipped, who at this point is almost certainly town.
-Terraforce hit Trigger. However, we just now learned Terraforce is town. Also, he ded.
-Finally, Extreme Tactician hit Verelios. While this may have been done to earn town points, it also feels unnecessary considering we were likely going to lynch Verelios at the end of the day.

And that's all the successful ITAs for today. Mazre is definitely the most suspicious of the bunch. Apollo made a mistake in killing off Terraforce because now there are only two real choices here. Terraforce would almost certainly be suspect if he was still alive. So, with all of that said:

Vote: Mazre

rip neck :( seeya jail buddy

Honestly I remember seeing townreads of Stan. But they were a bit back and more just a sentence or two about how he was playing like usual and hadn't really done anything scummy.

Blarg said the giving failed though, I don't think there would be that message if it went through and was used?
I never commented on Stan because he never a hot topic, but I definitely town read him. Geno’s logic is kinda faulty since he was never really a scum read player either. I don’t like that he ignored his earlier position after I asked him what he’d do after Neeks flipped too.

Blarg I can see flipping scum, but with Melon flipping town the chance is now reduced. After that we should probably start going for LP or Briefscat, maybe rac too although I will have to reread him.

That said, I’m coming from the position that both Blarg and Geno are telling the truth, not really the ideal answer, yeah.

In that post I had completely forgotten Stan. But the logic is definitely not faulty. You can't pop in randomly to say OMG I TOWN READ HIM WHAT DID YOU DO.

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen
Swampeds been building up a history of voting for people with no prior explanation on why and then not really expanding on it.

I can't decide if it's someone just trying to keep up with the game or scum just throwing votes around and seeing what works. The key one that stands out is the vote for me yesterday and not because I'm involved in it. Scum were probably content to leave the vote as it was yesterday as the key contenders were a claimed doctor and an inactive player. Kawl already had a vote on me so if I was scum wanting to vote someone just to appear active, I'd go for the vote on me because it doesn't rock the boat and isn't a complete wasted vote since there was already one vote there.

Also, she mentions that she'll switch her vote onto Extreme if Include gets shot but then she never does and hasn't went back to Extreme since then.

Well, it looks like you have plenty of evidence to scum read me, and yet you won't commit to that read? You say that you can't decide whether I'm scum or town struggling to keep up with the game. This reads like a wishy washy stance to me.

And regarding ET... Lol I forgot about that. His 'defense' against the ITA argument was unconvincing to me. I still scum read him.

I brought up a theory regarding the ITA boost back on.. D3 I think? Natiko was the only one who addressed it, but I don't think that means anything. Let me take a look at Brazil's chart to see if there's anything there...

VOTE: Kalor

What it there to sort out? We both said what happened, there is another role in play, Muffin didn't block Blarg so who knows what happened.
You two have conflicting stories. Blarg being blocked doesn't explain it. I'd imagine you two would be more interested in understanding what happened.

You two have conflicting stories. Blarg being blocked doesn't explain it. I'd imagine you two would be more interested in understanding what happened.
I'm not even remotely interested in finding out what scum role interfered. I want to find the scum itself.

Kalor

Kay-lor? Kah-lor?
Well, it looks like you have plenty of evidence to scum read me, and yet you won't commit to that read? You say that you can't decide whether I'm scum or town struggling to keep up with the game. This reads like a wishy washy stance to me.

And regarding ET... Lol I forgot about that. His 'defense' against the ITA argument was unconvincing to me. I still scum read him.

I brought up a theory regarding the ITA boost back on.. D3 I think? Natiko was the only one who addressed it, but I don't think that means anything. Let me take a look at Brazil's chart to see if there's anything there...

VOTE: Kalor

I didn't commit because your vote history seemed worse in my memory than it was when I actually checked your posts. At that point I thought I may as well post it just for future reference.

Kawl

Owner of the Gun Show
I’m very hungover. I will try to do more in-depth reading over some people especially in light of recent flips. But hot damn it’s a rough today people.

That ita phase could have gone better.

rac

whatever

we got so many people that didn't vote/didn't have an eod vote
ynnek
lone_prodigy
blargonaut
brazil
extreme tactician
fandorin
coolestspot (couldn't vote: groot?)

and then the people that just completely stayed away from sawneeks - briefs_cat
luxcommander
oreomunsta
kawl
swamped

i think if we are looking at kalor, polter, faircure for there votes these are just as bad

we got so many people that didn't vote/didn't have an eod vote
ynnek
lone_prodigy
blargonaut
brazil
extreme tactician
fandorin
coolestspot (couldn't vote: groot?)

and then the people that just completely stayed away from sawneeks - briefs_cat
luxcommander
oreomunsta
kawl
swamped

i think if we are looking at kalor, polter, faircure for there votes these are just as bad
Why?

I’ve explained why scum wanted the briefs_cat lynch - if Saw ended up lynched, they’d be wasting a kill. We haven’t uncovered scum among those votes yet, but there’s definitely one of them in there.

So why are those who didn’t vote just as bad? Give me a reason - don’t just throw things out there to muddle the waters.

Ynnek7

OH MY GOD, THEY LYNCHED YNNEK
I think I would agree with a Kalor, LP, or Faircure lynch today.

Kalor and LP for their quick reaction trying to shoot Blarg. Faircure for a couple reasons.

For one, we did have fewer kills last night while she was jailed, but also, did Necktochicken ever get to say what it was about her input in the jail thread that made him change his mind?

Maybe mafia wanted to day kill him before we were able to get much more information about that? Now we pretty much have to take Faircure at her word about what changed his mind.

I think I have a read on what was going on between Blarg and Geno regarding the bulletproof. There's a gambit going on there somewhere. (The word, not the mutant.)

I still find it a bit odd that Lone Stranger had no alignment. That aspect of it makes it feel anti-town, since a cop check on them would have been useful to keep town from wasting time on them.

With over 3/5ths of the roster gone now, I'm really surprised that no ones hit a neutral yet. If Blarg isn't town, then maybe he's a neutral item giver? I definitely don't feel he's scum right now.

rac

whatever
Why?

I’ve explained why scum wanted the briefs_cat lynch - if Saw ended up lynched, they’d be wasting a kill. We haven’t uncovered scum among those votes yet, but there’s definitely one of them in there.

So why are those who didn’t vote just as bad? Give me a reason - don’t just throw things out there to muddle the waters.

because i really don't think scum would have gave a shit if they lost one lynch
looking scummy for pushing away from a sawneeks lynch just so they don't waste a lynch seems like bad play to me

because i really don't think scum would have gave a shit if they lost one lynch
looking scummy for pushing away from a sawneeks lynch just so they don't waste a lynch seems like bad play to me
As bad as things seem from town’s perspective, scum is still in their last legs. The vast majority of them has already been caught. If they can avoid wasting a lynch with a simple vote, why wouldn’t them?

I raised an argument pointing to a few votes, and then you went “What about literally every other vote (or non-vote) in that phase?” because “scum would never play wrong”.

This is scummy at worst, and incredibly unhelpful at best.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
Because, Brazil

I find it vexing why scum hasn't killed you a priori

because, you're like, the last real contributor here, really

Would you recommend your frequently updated screenshot as required reading material for scumhunters everywhere
I think the votes list can still help us out. Read my post on it from a few hours ago.

The ITA one is a mess, but I’m keeping it updated anyway because it’s easy enough to do. I can’t extract any pearls of wisdom from it right now, but maybe someone else can. The only thing of note that I can think of is Extreme’s ITA behavior, which I’ve already explained as well.

Because, Brazil

They’ve had more pressing issues like a doctor and a jailer. And it seems like every scum team in this community enjoys watching me squirm.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
I think the votes list can still help us out. Read my post on it from a few hours ago.

The ITA one is a mess, but I’m keeping it updated anyway because it’s easy enough to do. I can’t extract any pearls of wisdom from it right now, but maybe someone else can. The only thing of note that I can think of is Extreme’s ITA behavior, which I’ve already explained as well.
Why do you think scum is keeping you alive, Brazil

Is it because they fear Power Roles like me more

Who's your lynch proposal for Today
I’m voting Poltergust right now: http://outermafia.com/index.php?posts/34082/

I also want to flip Swamped and Extreme Tactician. There are others I suspect as well, like Kalor and faircure, but I’m more interested in the first three right now.

And I can’t shake the feeling that either you or Geno has some shenanigans going on. When I started giving up on that idea earlier, there came the ITA phase and you two did what you did.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
Everyone seems to take you for granted

Do you really think they value the generated input

Seems like they don't listen to you

Swamped

Dazzling Mafia Queen

Nope, looks like ET is the only one who fits the mold regarding a hit. Was wondering if there were any hits on D3 that could have been attributed to the mafia ITA booster, but all the hits from D3 were from townies, if I'm reading Brazil's chart right.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
I’m voting Poltergust right now: http://outermafia.com/index.php?posts/34082/

I also want to flip Swamped and Extreme Tactician. There are others I suspect as well, like Kalor and faircure, but I’m more interested in the first three right now.

And I can’t shake the feeling that either you or Geno has some shenanigans going on. When I started giving up on that idea earlier, there came the ITA phase and you two did what you did.
Poltergust, Swamped, E. Tactician, Kalor and faircure? You can be more precise than that

Would you say all the remaining scum are within those 5? Or are your reads not strong enough to warrant such an assertation

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
If you were on the right track, Brazil, scum would've killed you a long time ago

You have nothing to lose from Role-claiming

unless you're a Power Role, of course

I appreciate your contributions

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
Brazil, why don't you vote against the ones who tried to kill me

Am I not Town enough

Kalor and LP don't seem to think so

Given what you've seen over your tenure here, do you think they're honestly the reactionary type of player?

Because why shoot at confirmed Town?

Man Blarg, this is stupid reasoning for suspecting Brazil. It is in a normal game, even more so in a game this size with so many other factors in play.

This was being used against you too and with was as bullshit then as it is now.

rac

whatever
I still find it a bit odd that Lone Stranger had no alignment. That aspect of it makes it feel anti-town, since a cop check on them would have been useful to keep town from wasting time on them.

theres gonna be only one way for you to find out

Because, Brazil

This is your main point. He’s an active, sensible voice in the thread that’s very town read. Scum don’t like those. But scum don’t like town jailer + strong killer and doctors even less.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
It's okay, Brazil, you don't have to answer my questions

No one except Town would keep such track of the vote patterns as you do

Everyone seems to take you for granted

Do you really think they value the generated input

Seems like they don't listen to you
Most of the players who listen to others are already dead.

You're a sub-in? Who'd you replace
Febe.

Nope, looks like ET is the only one who fits the mold regarding a hit. Was wondering if there were any hits on D3 that could have been attributed to the mafia ITA booster, but all the hits from D3 were from townies, if I'm reading Brazil's chart right.
The Mafia ITA booster died on D2, Swamped. He couldn’t have boosted anyone for D3.

Poltergust, Swamped, E. Tactician, Kalor and faircure? You can be more precise than that

Would you say all the remaining scum are within those 5? Or are your reads not strong enough to warrant such an assertation
Yes, I think all the remaining scum are within my scumreads. They’re my scumreads.

Poltergust, ET, Swamped. Then faircure and Kalor. Plus either you or Geno.

Brazil, why don't you vote against the ones who tried to kill me

Am I not Town enough

Kalor and LP don't seem to think so

Given what you've seen over your tenure here, do you think they're honestly the reactionary type of player?

Because why shoot at confirmed Town?
Kalor can be reactionary, yes. But I do suspect him, as I just said.

We should flip LP regardless of anything sooner rather than later.

I’m voting Poltergust because he hasn’t even shown up yet to answer my initial accusations from this phase.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
seems like Kalor's the more pertinent suspect than an inactive Poltergust, IMO

What has Poltergust done that Kalor hasn't?

You mean this?

Sorry for missing another End of Day, guys. I got really distracted by Brazil’s game at the World Cup and didn’t even realize we were so near the deadline. When I checked the day had already ended.

My reactions to the developments at the end;

Blade’s full claim - Based on his protection target history I don’t buy it at all, like Neeks said it back then, it’s awfully convenient that both Stuart and Ezekel died during the day phase so we can’t know for sure whether it’s real. The thing is that his claim of killing both Rynam and DCPat is uncontested, and the reveal that the winners of the Bowser’s Big Blast (Lux, Blade and Ezeke) all got a 1-shot kill attempt item finally clears out what happened with Melon’s BP; Ezekel shot her with his item and so she was vulnerable for that ITA shot. So for all that, I believe Blade and also Blarg more too.

Neck Jailer claim - Obviously I believe it. His crumbs with rac make sense and it’s also uncontested. I initially had the suspicion that a role this powerful probably wouldn’t be town aligned, but the limitation that he can’t strong kill his target unless he’s not town aligned makes sense (although that begs the question: Lone Stranger’s alignment is different from rac’s?). Timing of the claim also made sense. He had 4 votes (from rac, Lux, Blade and Polter) and Blade had just claimed.

I’m sideeyeing Polter again after his vote. I agree with most of his readlist, but maybe that’s because it’s a fairly safe one and lots of “leans”.

hmmm

Briefs lynch - That was a absolute mess of a lynch. People just defaulted for the lynch that was almost unanimously agreed to be one of the worst since before I subbed in.

It’s completely understandable though after both claims and no other leads to go on, which is in the end pretty telling how much town depended on those active players.
What did you expect me to comment on?

Why people hate those?

Because if you’re town you shouldn’t expect to be alive the next day.

Oh I was just thinking if you write something up but day ends before you can post, or you write it while out doing stuff on phone and post later.

I don't know, there are logical reasons to do it.

The fact that it was a pre typed post hahah. This community hate those, you especially. Thought you’d point it out.
I’ve learned to control those impulses after Monkey gave me shit for it a couple of days ago (and was right in doing so). I think Alexem was making pre-typed posts in this game too and he was town.

I’ve learned to control those impulses after Monkey gave me shit for it a couple of days ago (and was right in doing so). I think Alexem was making pre-typed posts in this game too and he was town.
Makes sense. Good to know you’re playing as consciously as that.

Anyway, I was Deathproof yesterday as a reward from the Survivor event. Couldn’t be killed or even lynched during the entirety of D4 and N4. Completely wasted on me; would’ve been much better if Ezekel got it instead.

seems like Kalor's the more pertinent suspect than an inactive Poltergust, IMO

What has Poltergust done that Kalor hasn't?
As I said in the post I linked to you earlier, Polter has helped lynch townies in a row with unexplained votes close to EoD after spending those days doing nothing.

Either way, this isn’t a competition between Polter and Kalor. I can pressure whomever I want and still suspect someone else at the same time.

I don’t like Kalor’s shot at you, but I don’t find it abhorrent either considering what you did. Sorry.

Makes sense. Good to know you’re playing as consciously as that.
Don’t patronize me son

Anyway, I was Deathproof yesterday as a reward from the Survivor event. Couldn’t be killed or even lynched during the entirety of D4 and N4. Completely wasted on me; would’ve been much better if Ezekel got it instead.
I’m glad you’ve opened up about that reward being pressured to.

Top Bottom