Cult Thread Against Bastard! Cult Chat

Sorian

Neutral Ascetic 1-Shot BP SK Alignment Cop
Staff member
For a bundle and not counting each individually, $10-$15 for the lollipops sounds right.

For bears, I must say I was unfamiliar with prices for these. They're much cheaper than I expected. But I don't trust BearIndustries, they always rip me off.

The one who submitted theirs first via PM wins. It was in the initial rules.

It's all on sale though!

I think the bear is around 40 personally, seems to be pretty consistent when it's not on sale.

So if we take $10-$15 for the lollipops, and then the approximation of $40 for the bear, that's a range of $50-$55.

Discount puts that at $39.50 to $43.45 for the total.

Sorian

Staff member
So on the low end, $35.55 and on the high end $43.45 or on the very high end with that other bear, $59.25

Yeah, these were with the discount, sorry, I should have specified.

Sorian

Staff member
My soul guess is 41.87 (40 on the Bear, 13 on the lollipops) if I do something in the low 40s like that and Kyan does something mid/high 30s that would probably cover everything with your guess

Still a bit paranoid about a possible investigation calling me out for being neutral, even though it's unlikely. My role claim will likely be that I'm a "Hunter" or whatever alternative name for it I can find, and my win condition is exiting the game when a list of role names provided to me (let's say 5) are dead. List doesn't have powers or alignments, and that's why I was so pre-occupied with role names before. I can't kill anyone, so I'm harmless.

Issue is that there's a slight possibility a role akin to that actually exists. We don't have a list of fake claims, either, so I'd probably have to stick with StanleyPalmtree.

An aside: I thought about what'd happen if we tried to recruit a player who isn't in the spotlight with our recruitment shot, and then it failed. It wouldn't be a total loss; we'd basically know that person was scum. Though I don't know if we're able to recruit a neutral. Either way, priority's obviously on growing the cult and not taking a shot at who we think is scum.

Sorian

Staff member
Sounds good to me, sending my guess now as well, and that’s an okay roleclaim Flux, it would explain your behavior but I do see two issues. People are going to point out that it’s too passive of a role, you have no control at all over winning for yourself. Also, if you got a list of role names, you do know the alignments of the roles kind of since Blarg’s are the only scum.

For the record, I don’t think a role actually exists that is targeting someone specific, you seem to be the only one fishing for names and there’s a lot of dupes because the scum team is all Blargs

Weird Star Wars push. I think you should switch to Conspiracy, Kyan, if it looks like Star Wars will take it.
Sounds good to me, sending my guess now as well, and that’s an okay roleclaim Flux, it would explain your behavior but I do see two issues. People are going to point out that it’s too passive of a role, you have no control at all over winning for yourself. Also, if you got a list of role names, you do know the alignments of the roles kind of since Blarg’s are the only scum.

For the record, I don’t think a role actually exists that is targeting someone specific, you seem to be the only one fishing for names and there’s a lot of dupes because the scum team is all Blargs
I think the basis for the role would be that of primarily being a Survivor, but with the added role names gimmick. The scum team being all Blargs screws things up, but it also kinda makes sense because scum are the hardest to kill.

I could also say stuff like my relentlessness on wanting Faddy killed after his role claim was because one of the names on my list was "Dr. Monkey" and I assumed that would be on the mark. I dunno, it's kinda messy, but I'd already be in a tough spot if I got identified. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

The Bear

Obligatory Gay Bear of the Society
ANNOUNCEMENT:

Choosing Conspiracy has given you one recruitment shot. You may use it next night at earliest.

Sorian

Staff member
Figured forcing AB to claim more could bite me in the ass but we in my ride now.

Gonna catch up properly in a bit, but... are you sure about this? lol. At least, it seems like there'll be better lynch targets and people for scum to kill, but you're gonna die sooner than later now.

Sorian

Staff member
Gonna catch up properly in a bit, but... are you sure about this? lol. At least, it seems like there'll be better lynch targets and people for scum to kill, but you're gonna die sooner than later now.

I've claimed survivor on D2 before and lasted until end game AND town let me be the deciding vote in LYLO. I can play.

Sorian

Staff member
Sudden NX PTSD flashbacks.

To be 100% honest, my only real worry is Fireblend and L_P are in this game, they've felt this pain before. (Well, L_P has, I kind of used Fireblend's body as a stepping stone on the day I claimed).

Sorian

Staff member
lol RIP in that day, I'm going to vote Bar 2, has a good chance of being another cult shot since its one of the mystery flavors and it provides cover for what I'm proposing on Brazil.

So, real question though, who do we recruit, Fantomas or AB are the scum kills tonight with the otehr following shortly tomorrow

Sorian

Staff member
I see two that jump out to me.

We can go full chaos and try Blarg, I dooooo think he's still town though he's been treading a very fine line, this might be the hardest it's been to read him. He's basically flyign free under everyone's radar at this point. There is so much other shit to roll through that I don't think he gets lynched anytime soon and honestly, he probably hits LYLO unless something wild happens in terms of a check on him.

We could also go Sawneeks. Her play doesn't seem scum motivated and she's always a valuable ally to have, if she's trying, she can explain cover for pretty much anybody so she would make lynches on us harder overall. She would probably get lynched sooner than Blarg does for sure but it's the same issue. Town has a lot of stuff to trudge through before they can think about lynching her.

Sorian

Staff member
Also, its probably a lot BUT if we achieve another shot tonight, succeed both tonight and tomorrow night in recruiting, and none of us get NK'd (should be easy) and none of us get lynched (harder) then we won't have the votes to outright win on day 7 but we'll be at a point where it's our game to lose. As long as we don't bus, our voting block should be big enough to smash scum which will be down to only 1 or 2 people and town who will be disorganized.

Still catching up and trying to parse what even happened. I might have missed this from before, but what did Monkey claim as in your boat?

Alright caught up. So you poked at the bee's nest and got stung with that one; I see how that happened. Well, there's doubt, but no one's immediately calling for your lynch and it doesn't seem like they will be for at least the next day phase, so that's good.

I'm not sure I like either Blarg or Sawneeks as possible recruits, honestly. I am leaning town for Blarg (though it's hard to say), but that is indeed the chaos route. He'll seemingly be operating on his own frequency. Town's gonna start focusing on him soon as the numbers dwindle, since he's indeed been flying under the radar. He's not at risk to be night killed right now, at least.

But for Sawneeks, I'm really not sure about her alignment being town now. There are at least 2 other scum players; who do you think they are right now?

My vote would go to Dr. Monkey (who I do town read) or Brazil. I think after the Fandorin lynch, people are going to be real hesitant about lynching Brazil. But at the same time, scum aren't going to be killing him due to a seemingly weak PR and the suspicion revolving around him. He's also had friction with you and I, which will make it so a link to either of us will be harder once the cult is known and either of us flips.

I also am leaning towards town for him, now.

I'll vote Bar 2 as well, with the reason that that's what Fantomas is voting for. Hopefully an unknown game does mean another recruitment shot.

Sorian

Staff member
Last scum, I still think Monkey is one of them, her game has been sloppy in very subtle ways, people are starting to notice it after how she played yesterday (the Fantomas day). Last one either has to be one of the quiet people (Fireblend, L_P, Blarg) or Natiko. Natiko keeps focusing Sawneeks hard and it kind of feels like he is preparing the next lynch after all of this stuff with me and malus and Brazil and Fandorin blows over (malus or Brazil could also just be the last scum, I haven't written those two off yet but there's no way in hell we try to recruit them).

That's fair. I definitely don't like Blarg; between him and Sawneeks, I'd go for the latter.

I was actually gonna propose Natiko, too. It is uncertain, but he's seemed fine with his scum hunting and analyzing. His focus on Sawneeks i unlike others currently, but I dunno. Fandorin also said he was doubting Sawneeks.

At least, if we're unable to recruit Sawneeks, we'd probably know the alignment of both Sawneeks and Natiko.

Sorian

Staff member
Yeah, they're definitely on opposite teams, everything I said about Sawneeks can really apply to Natiko as well, I guess I'm just in the camp that it's Natiko who could be the scum.

(Need that Kyan tiebreaker)

I think Kyan does the action again? Any tracker worth their salt would be following me tonight and you're claimed with an action that doesnt target people. I would think Kyan still makes the most sense.

Kyan should do it for what you said, I agree. It'd be a pretty lucky shot for an investigative role to be hitting Kyan for whatever reason right now.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
I'll do the action, I'm really only targeted by people looking for low-key things and many of those, in this situation, would be more interested in more pressing things.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
My scum list of "Kyaaa hasn't really paid that much attention so here there be #feels" are Monkey and Blarg. Darn AB claimed so nooo boo AB boo. +1 is ???.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
List approach for da recruitment.

2. [they] Zubz - EST Replaced by [m] EzekelRAGE - CST
3. [m] Brazil - GMT-3
10. [m] Fireblend - GMT-6
14. [m] rac - GMT-5
15. [m] Natiko - GMT-5
16. [m] malus - UTC+1
22. [f] Sophia - GMT-5 Replaced by [m] CeeCee - GMT
24. [m] Giant Panda - EST Replaced by [f] Sawneeks - PST

This just devolves into Neeks v Natiko. Zeke, then rac on tier two and the lower tiers are not viable for tournament play. random.org says Neeks. Random.org was right about Flux.

Sorian

Staff member
Random.org was right about Flux, Saw sounds good to me :P

I was thinking about Zeke but there is that weird space where he really didn’t do his meme hammer because of a bomb and I didn’t want to touch that, it’s also just hard to tell how long he’ll last.

Sorian

Staff member
Nope, very doubtful that's a shot, want to hear about the real news though.

The Bear

Announcement!

Choosing Star Wars hasn't awarded you a recruitment shot.

You have to wait a bit longer on those other news...

The Bear

ANNOUNCEMENT

You have succesfully recruited Sawneeks!

Cult Size: 4

Sorian
Kyanrute
FluxWaveZ
Sawneeks

Sorian

Staff member
One of us!

One of us!

One of us!

I hope Saw isn't mad for joining the shit show.

Also, gonna say that this doesn't guarantee that Natiko is scum (more like Sawneeks being scum would have guaranteed Natiko being town). But it does paint him in a dubious light because of that push now.

Sawneeks

little green dog
Had NO idea there was a Cult in play, this is amazing. You guys have done a great job.

Though I was going to push to lynch Sorian this coming Phase regardless of what he said but uh, gonna change that plan a bit. I'll just 'forget' to mention a possible hole in his Role I found. >.>;;

Sawneeks

little green dog
I was a Vanilla Townie prior to this so no fun PR to add in to your ranks, sorry. :'(

Thanks for recruiting me though, this is gonna be fuuuuuunnnnn <3

Sorian

Staff member
What's the hole in my claim? Also, I'm too lazy to remember or check who your boat partner was, any good info from there?

Sawneeks

little green dog
RIP Boat Buddy. Future Chuggs when you read this, this is what I meant about Kyaa being scary and really good at lying.

The hole is around you having created 2 Lover's Pairs but still going Survivor. Creating 2 of those pairs and still having the option of killing them during Love Boat doesn't make sense if it cancelled out your original 'create 3 pairs and make sure they live' win con. If real it would make more sense to have it all or nothing, not 'well you got 2 and could still kill them i guess'.

Sorian

Staff member
Oh, meh, I can argue with someone for a whole day phase on Bear's intent on a role :P

Thought I did something actually inconsistent, think I did everything correct throughout the game to cover for this role.

Sawneeks

little green dog
Oh no, I know you can lol. It's more I can see people getting hung up on that and just lynching you anyway. If Town Hooker had never happened I'd say you could argue it forever but since you were able to convince people that was a good role I don't know how much they would let you do that again. It would be points towards a policy lynch more than anything.

There was a theory of a second cult with their own powers gained with the modifiers a while ago in here, but I don't think that's the case. Something changed and it isn't us, though, so possible role changes concerning a neutral or scum. Not enough info to really guess what it might be, though.

Sorian

Staff member
Nothing changed, Bear is a troll, mark it down now.

And there definitely isn't a second cult :P It just feels like their should be because scum is getting gunned down as if they were in a shooting gallery.

That's just scum screwing up, though. At 15 players, if we were the only ones, it'd be:

- 2 scum
- 4 cult
- 9 town

I just don't see it. Neither of us have managed to be unveiled thus far? Well, I'm not disregarding the idea, but I'd be pretty surprised.

Sorian

Staff member
did rac win a thunderdome

ulu

imma zzz so i get to miss all the clowns again they are scary

I think rac is just rac.

For how many days have been pissed away so far vote-wise though because of mechanics, I think Bear will have a riot if someone can thunderdome now.

I'd say there can't just be someone else who can do what he's threatening when we've had secret day vig. and an overrider.

But whatever Star Wars did is an unknown...

Sorian

Staff member
Sawneeks, be nice, the longer no one knows a cult exists the better, so clearly my lie was just to hide that I was a neutral because people hate neutrals :P

Sawneeks

little green dog
Sawneeks, be nice, the longer no one knows a cult exists the better, so clearly my lie was just to hide that I was a neutral because people hate neutrals :P
I know, I know. Can't do a total 180 on you from the last phase without that looking suspect, don't worry. I'll end up getting caught up in Brazil/Nat/malus or something.

Sawneeks

little green dog
Caught up on the thread here. What's the typical play for a Cult? Do we gun for Scum or just focus on survival? Looks like we need to get rid of Scum at some point to win this but i don't know what the priority is here.

Sorian

Staff member
Caught up on the thread here. What's the typical play for a Cult? Do we gun for Scum or just focus on survival? Looks like we need to get rid of Scum at some point to win this but i don't know what the priority is here.

Weaken scum as quickly as possible but leave the last one alive for a bit so they can still help killing people. Preferably, the last scum gets lynched when we are close to having the numbers to win.

Also, just not letting town find out about a cult until the last possible moment.

So along with that, I'd figure it's best if none of us are priority targets for a lynch OR a night kill. I think all of us fit that profile now, too. After Fantomas, though, I feel like scum would want to gun for me. Depends on how much they want to guess on how my commuter role works.

Sorian

Staff member
Sorian fight the urge to play dots-and-boxes, you can do it! Don't play into his game!

If Blarg wants a match, I have to!

I beat him down when he was a neutral in our first game together, it’s only fair.

Sawneeks

little green dog
also heads up, i won't be asking it but be careful if someone asks why you pushed Brazil/Fando during Love Boat if that meant you would die and be removed from the game.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
damn it clownyan i have to think real deep how to swerve myself around this totally non bastard claim

hug all neutrals yaaay peace and love

Sorian

Staff member
also heads up, i won't be asking it but be careful if someone asks why you pushed Brazil/Fando during Love Boat if that meant you would die and be removed from the game.

I had already been transferred to survivor status because we voted in the LB modifier too early so I was going for the 2-for-1 lunch special instead :P

——

Knowing for sure that Saw is town makes Natiko’s play so weird. He could just be solving in a tunnely way but that is some laser focus that I would expect from a cop who got a red check but doesn’t actually want to full claim.

Sawneeks

little green dog
I had already been transferred to survivor status because we voted in the LB modifier too early so I was going for the 2-for-1 lunch special instead :P

——

Knowing for sure that Saw is town makes Natiko’s play so weird. He could just be solving in a tunnely way but that is some laser focus that I would expect from a cop who got a red check but doesn’t actually want to full claim.
I'd call it Scum!Nat. :u

Sawneeks

little green dog
Considering the joke history of Pineapple vs No Pineapple in this community I could see it being a Hunter/Hunted combo.

Sorian

Staff member
I, for one, welcome the clown fiesta that may be here.

Sorian

Staff member
I do hope CeeCee mercs him because I highly doubt pineapple is holding a recruit shot for us so we've be losing another night of recruiting.

Top Bottom