Scum Thread The Fetus of God Awakens

Yo, this is exciting. I've always preferred playing scum roles in these games. This role sounds fun too, I'm ready to infect everyone.

Heyo Mao, glad you got my back on this!

My role seems fairly standard for an HvV game lol.

Can we quote our PMs here, Geno?

Also I know what I said about the Illuminati but I meant the game thread, you can discuss it here, I was going to ask you if you want that account to have access here so you don't have to switch accounts.

Yeah you can.
Nice!

Here's my PM:

Welcome, Fandorin.

You are Jedah Dohma, the Dark Messiah.

You are aligned with Jedah’s Alliance (That’s the Mafia).

You win when you have collected 25 Souls.

Your fellow Jedah’s Alliance member is:
Maolfunction

The outermafia chat is: https://www.outermafia.com/index.php?threads/406/

You have several abilities:

Godfather: You are a Godfather meaning that you scan as town to scanning roles.

Sigillo Del Servo (one-shot): During the night, you may choose a player with the command SIGILLO DEL SERVO: <NAME> to kill them.

Finale Rosso (two-shot): During the night, you may choose a player with the command FINALE ROSSO: <NAME> to steal their item(s).

Reality Stone: You possess the Reality Stone. During the night, you may choose a player with the command REALITY STONE: <NAME> to control two of their posts the next day phase. The first post must take place in the first 24 hours of the phase; the second must take place in the last 24 hours of the phase.

Illuminati: You are a member of the Illuminati, a group dedicated to protecting the Earth.

Account Name: Illuminati member 3
Password: Salvationisnear123

Chat: https://www.outermafia.com/index.php?threads/403/

You cannot mention the Illuminati outside of the Illuminati chat, punishment for doing so will be a modkill.

Faction Kill: Once both Galeem and Dharkon are defeated, you and Osmund will be given the ability to kill a player every night(only 1 can kill every night).

Soul Absorption: You absorb the soul of every player that dies. At 5 souls, your Sigillo Del Servo becomes a strongman kill; at 15, the factional kill becomes a strongman kill.

S-Class Protection:You are 1 shot BP.

You win once you have collected 25 Souls(if you die you still passively collect Souls, but if both Osmund and you are dead then this effect stops and you lose the game).

Game Thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/heroes-vs-villains-2-mafia-ot-a-clash-of-light-and-darkness.135229

Good Luck, Jedah!

Fakeclaim: Reiji Arisu, 1 shot Vigilante

Flavor Stuff: Jedah:
Jedah was preparing the fetus of God ever since the defeat of the organization. Now that Galeem and Dharkon have appeared, he realized he has to finish it quickly and reshape the universe to his will.

Reiji Arisu:
Reiji was badly damaged in the events of HVV1, even so, he is one of the heroes' greatest players. Now with the new threat, Reiji will show Dharkon that it can't defeat the heroes.

Also I know what I said about the Illuminati but I meant the game thread, you can discuss it here, I was going to ask you if you want that account to have access here so you don't have to switch accounts.

I'd be easier to just use the Illuminati account here as well, if possible.

Welcome, Maolfunction.

You are Osmund Saddler, the leader of the Los Illuminados.

You are aligned with Jedah’s Alliance (That’s the Mafia).

You win when you have collected 25 Souls.

Your fellow Jedah’s Alliance member is:

Fandorin

The outermafia chat is: https://www.outermafia.com/index.php?threads/406/

Every night choose a player with the command INFECT to infect them with the Las Plagas virus. That player will be notified that they have been infected. Some players are infected from the beginning of the game.

Additionally, 2 times in the game, during the night you can choose 2 players with the command COMMAND:NAME1, NAME2 to force the first player to use their ability on the second player.

Lastly, once in the game, during the night you can make all infected players at once be unable to use their night action for that night. Use this ability with the command SADDLER’S CALL in the outermafia thread.

You win when you have collected 25 Souls(Jedah passively collects the souls of the players that die, this effect goes on even if he dies, if you both die this effect stops and you both lose the game).

Game Thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/heroes-vs-villains-2-mafia-ot-a-clash-of-light-and-darkness.135229/

Good Luck, Saddler!

Fakeclaim: Vergil, Adrenaline Junkie.

Flavor Stuff: Saddler:

After his old master Wesker died at the events of HVV1, Saddler went to get help from Jedah. After Galeem and Dharkon appeared, Saddler realized now's the time to strike and defeat the heroes.

Vergil:

Vergil was initially going to join Jedah's side, but then realized that Jedah has no intention of actually stopping Galeem in a way that makes sense, so now he joined the heroes in order to stop

Galeem.

Heyo Mao, glad you got my back on this!

My role seems fairly standard for an HvV game lol.

Can we quote our PMs here, Geno?
Howdy.

And yeah, my role looks pretty standard for a bastard game, lol. I'm thinking we should infect anyone other than loki. There's probably gonna be a lot of eyes on them the first night seeing as they're confirmed town and all. Anyone in particular you'd want to target?

After the game ends remind me to show you the first draft that was literally vetoed because it was too crazy.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Howdy.

And yeah, my role looks pretty standard for a bastard game, lol. I'm thinking we should infect anyone other than loki. There's probably gonna be a lot of eyes on them the first night seeing as they're confirmed town and all. Anyone in particular you'd want to target?
Yeah, the infection seems like a pretty standard role for us, but cool nonetheless.
Looking back to HvV 1, we probably got some very weird and dangerous neutral roles out there, especially considering our own roles so far.

Anyway, loki and Fantomas are part of this Illuminati neighbour chat group. I’m thinking that infecting Fantomas first is a good idea since we might gauge his reactions to it on the group. Since he’s usually very open maybe he might even drop some clues on his role.

I didn’t reveal I’m Fando there yet, but I probably will down the road. I don’t think targetting Fantomas now could bite me back later either.

Yeah, the infection seems like a pretty standard role for us, but cool nonetheless.
Looking back to HvV 1, we probably got some very weird and dangerous neutral roles out there, especially considering our own roles so far.

Anyway, loki and Fantomas are part of this Illuminati neighbour chat group. I’m thinking that infecting Fantomas first is a good idea since we might gauge his reactions to it on the group. Since he’s usually very open maybe he might even drop some clues on his role.

I didn’t reveal I’m Fando there yet, but I probably will down the road. I don’t think targetting Fantomas now could bite me back later either.
Sounds good to me for an opening play.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Geno, just to be sure, I can use the Reality Stone to force someone to reveal the Illuminati Group and get him mod killed, right? That’d be pure evil.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Yeah that's not possible, in general anything that would get them modkilled or banned is a no no.
Alright, just making sure.

Unsure what to do with those forced posts though, can’t see much utility in it other than just confuse everyone. Any ideas Mao?

At this point I should say that they cannot hint or say that they were forced to write those posts.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Nice, lol. Hopefully we can figure out more of the players who already have it.
Illuminati Member 2 is also infected, but he didn’t claim his real identity yet. Still like going for Fantomas for N1, so if he doesn’t claim until next phase I can try and figure out who he is based on his posts.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
I don’t plan to, yeah haha.
But is the Reality Stone part of my role or it’s actually an item I started with? It says “you possess it” on the PM.

In case it is, could I pass it to Mao before getting lynched for instance?

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Maybe force a fake claim from someone? That would cause a bit of chaos during a day phase if either of us land up in hot water.
Hummm, how about using it to trip Chuggs up? We can make him say something conflicting about his role. He could be dangerous later onif it’s possible to count his honor points later.

Hummm, how about using it to trip Chuggs up? We can make him say something conflicting about his role. He could be dangerous later onif it’s possible to count his honor points later.
Yeah, that's a good idea too, but I'd be hesitant on using the power early, just because we might need it for something later down the road, but if we're still doing good by D3, I'd be open to trip up Chuggs.

Hopefully, the other players keep prodding him so we don't really have to.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Yeah, that's a good idea too, but I'd be hesitant on using the power early, just because we might need it for something later down the road, but if we're still doing good by D3, I'd be open to trip up Chuggs.

Hopefully, the other players keep prodding him so we don't really have to.
Knowing the meta, people will keep prodding but never actually push/vote Chuggs, but we will see.

But from what I understood, we have infinite charges of that role, so we can keep doing some weird posts till I’m dead lol

Knowing the meta, people will keep prodding but never actually push/vote Chuggs, but we will see.

But from what I understood, we have infinite charges of that role, so we can keep doing some weird posts till I’m dead lol
oh, perfect, misses that when reading it. Then yeah, let's throw a wrench in Chugg's plans.

Just realized that we actually don’t have a faction kill yet. Killer neutrals are super confirmed then.
I think that's a safe bet, yeah.

I just realized there's something Fandorin's Fakeflavor PM is missing. "Additionally, you are infected with the Las Plagas virus."

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
I just realized there's something Fandorin's Fakeflavor PM is missing. "Additionally, you are infected with the Las Plagas virus."
Thanks Geno.

Huh, I think we might not be the only ones that involve the Las Plagas virus.

Anyway, sorry for pushing your vote there! I think it came a bit abrupt prior to EoD.

Thanks Geno.

Huh, I think we might not be the only ones that involve the Las Plagas virus.

Anyway, sorry for pushing your vote there! I think it came a bit abrupt prior to EoD.
Hopefully it's not premature. I feel like bussing scumbuddies is very common here and I hope it doesn't look obvious down the road.

I'd say that phase went pretty smoothly overall. We know which players to target eventually for their suspicion of us, and we got rid of the Tracker. Good role to get rid of early on for us.

Are we still good on infecting Fanto? Also, do we have to submit our actions in our individual role PMs or is here fine too?

And were you still looking to target Chuggs tonight? Any players you want to use the one shot kill on? I don't think anyone in particular has emerged as a town leader yet.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
I'd say that phase went pretty smoothly overall. We know which players to target eventually for their suspicion of us, and we got rid of the Tracker. Good role to get rid of early on for us.

Are we still good on infecting Fanto? Also, do we have to submit our actions in our individual role PMs or is here fine too?

And were you still looking to target Chuggs tonight? Any players you want to use the one shot kill on? I don't think anyone in particular has emerged as a town leader yet.
Yeah, it was a rough ride midway there but we came out fine.

I think infecting Fanto is a good one. We got 2 infected members on the illuminati chat and he'll definitely comment on it there. He's RB'd today too so it's safer.

I don't think we should use my one-shot today. Let's wait a bit more to see how many kills we are talking about per night with those neutrals. With 5-deaths we get a strongman too, which could be handy to keep in hands.

Chuggs seems like a good target for the forced message, although not knowing all the details of his role could backfire on us. I'll draft a fake message with some conflicting details on his role, but it might be better to force a mid range poster to fake claim or something.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Don't think I should try and steal an item this phase either, I think someone might pass an item to Loki and we could keep track of it easier that way.

Yeah, it was a rough ride midway there but we came out fine.

I think infecting Fanto is a good one. We got 2 infected members on the illuminati chat and he'll definitely comment on it there. He's RB'd today too so it's safer.

I don't think we should use my one-shot today. Let's wait a bit more to see how many kills we are talking about per night with those neutrals. With 5-deaths we get a strongman too, which could be handy to keep in hands.

Chuggs seems like a good target for the forced message, although not knowing all the details of his role could backfire on us. I'll draft a fake message with some conflicting details on his role, but it might be better to force a mid range poster to fake claim or something.
Then I'll infect Fanto. Sounds good. Can the Illuminati chat at night?

Swamped got a bit of heat on them at EoD, what if we force them to fake claim and keep the pressure on them? They were friendly to me, but I can start putting up a wall between us.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Then I'll infect Fanto. Sounds good. Can the Illuminati chat at night?

Swamped got a bit of heat on them at EoD, what if we force them to fake claim and keep the pressure on them? They were friendly to me, but I can start putting up a wall between us.
Yeah, the chat is still up and Fantomas is sure town was on Swamped there at the end. He's very suspicious of her and will probably push there tomorrow. For that, I think Swamped will still under a lot of heat next phase, so I'm worried a forced fake claim might be too much and sound artificial. I'm guessing revealing it was a fake message gets you modkilled, but she can still deny her own claim or something along those lines. But still, it's another good plan.

Either way, I don't think you'll need to break those good relations you have with her. I was town reading her as well (I shared that at the Illuminati thread too) and it will be a good look for us when she flips - I'm hoping she's town lol

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Huh, I finally stopped to pay attention to the lore and there are some clues in there, and Geno loves mixing lore into game mechanics.

We will only get our faction kill when both Ghaleem and Dharkon are dead, and it seems each character is assigned to a specific team against each enemy just like the opening flavor post. Even our fake claims flavor have one: mine’s against Dharkon and yours against Ghaleem, while Oliver’s was against Dharkon too. I bet some of this influence the game somehow.

Might be reading too much, but I guess Captain America is part of the team against us (Jedah), so I’m glad that Loki is RB’ed for the phase haha.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Just for our reference, this is the role reveal post.
So my role has an hono(u?)n system. If I vote for a town player I lose an honor point and if I vote for a non town player, I gain an honor point. If I die with positive honor I give an item to a town player and if I die with negative honor it goes to a random player. I would rather not give an item to scum by accident and there’s a much better chance to vote for town than scum just because of the nature of the game, so how I’m going to play this is I’m just not going to vote unless I’m confident the person I’m placing a vote on isn’t town.
I want to contradict the information with the posts below, by saying that: a) if he dies with negative honor the item goes to the mafia, not a random player; b) that there are actually two items, one for town and one for scum, while adding that the scum item is "ominous" and that's why he didn't risk voting; and c) on his death it will be revealed which faction got his item. All of that will be in the opening post. Not sure what to add in the second one in the final hours.

My honor points don’t show up when I die. My role specifically says this

I know what the item is

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
highlight]REALITY STONE: TheChuggernaut [/highlight]

First post (fist 24 hours):

Since my role was a big topic of discussion till the end of day 1, I would rather give some more information about it now than spend more time discussing my motivations. As Fran pointed out, if I do die with negative honor an item goes to scum, not a random player. I'm not sure what the item would do, but I know what it is very ominous and so I'm not risking it by voting until I'm confident. I don't know what the town item does either, but it doesn't sound important enough to risk it. Also, my honor points won't show up when I die, but my role says it will be revealed who got the item. I didn't think about it before claiming, but this could be used as a cop after I die.

That sounds like a good start. As for the second post, the only thing I can think of is a fake reads list, but that might be hard to craft and I'm not sure it'd actually be helpful to us.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Opps, I fucked up that command. Consider this one after some changes please.

REALITY STONE: The Chuggernaut
First post (fist 24 hours):

"Since my role was a big topic of discussion till the end of day 1, I would rather give some more information about it now than spend more time on it. As Fran guessed, if I do die with negative honor an item goes to scum, not a random player. I'm not sure what the item would do, but it's very ominous so I'm not risking this by voting before I'm confident. I don't know what the item that goes to town does either, but it doesn't sound important enough to risk it. Also, my honor points won't show up when I die, but my role says it will be revealed on thread who got the item. I didn't think about it before claiming, but this could be used as sort of cop check if I end up voting."

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
That sounds like a good start. As for the second post, the only thing I can think of is a fake reads list, but that might be hard to craft and I'm not sure it'd actually be helpful to us.
Thought about that too, but don't think i'll have the time for something that elaborate now lol

Thinking about it, did you post your command too?

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Second post (final 24 hours):

"Well, this might be moot at this point, but if I had to vote for someone I'd still go for Malus. Hope you guys don't regret this."

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
How's that? Kinda blanket statement, but it could confuse some more at the end. This might some never harmful WIFOM going against malus if Chugg gets flipped.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account

"Well, this might be moot at this point, but if I had to vote for someone I'd still go for Malus. Hope you guys don't regret this."

If I can, I think it's best to remove that final sentence. He (probably) won't vote, but malus could be the leading wagon at the end.

"Well, this might be moot at this point, but if I had to vote for someone I'd still go for Malus."

yeah, it's been a long time since I've played a factions game like this. this should be fun. I wonder if Vere was targeted by another mafia faction or if flavor matters and he was targeted by a townie/neutral. I'm guessing the latter, just because we have to beat the other two factions before getting our faction kill.

which implies there might be a SK? Or maybe multiple 1 shot Vigs going off your fakeclaim, but I don't get why a Vig would target Vere.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Hahaha our forced post was completely counterplayed by Chugg. I didn’t think it would really work since he could just ignore the post and questions and just move on, but didn’t really consider 2 posts in succession like that. Well, at least we forced more information out of him.

We got a full claim, and we confirmed if he votes wrong, we should probably kill him to get the secret vote.

And I think we can counter any future forced posts by emphasizing that our fake post is the truth and to ignore any other posts.

Won't be as easy to circumvent us then.

I think it worked out for us pretty well, we learned stuff and how people reacted. Now we can improve, lol.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
We got a full claim, and we confirmed if he votes wrong, we should probably kill him to get the secret vote.

And I think we can counter any future forced posts by emphasizing that our fake post is the truth and to ignore any other posts.

Won't be as easy to circumvent us then.

I think it worked out for us pretty well, we learned stuff and how people reacted. Now we can improve, lol.
Yeah haha, we can add some nasty WIFOM into the post by adding a “this is the real post disclaimer”. Quick thinking players could just say: the above post is fake and mix up the order of posting to dismiss this entirely since the timing of the post is up to them, but you’re right that it was a net positive.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Mao, forgot to share with you, but Illuminati member #4 finally revealed herself as Ketkat. She ALSO was infected since game start, so so far we have Fanto, Loki, Ketkat and Illuminati member #2 infected at least.

Following the opportunity, I added that I’m that also infected, as per my fake claim.

Good idea. I'm also wondering if two of the Illuminati are members of the opposite scum factions. If you're in there, I have a feeling at least one other faction also has a member in there. Something to keep in mind if we want to get rid of the other two factions so we can start killing people nightly.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Good idea. I'm also wondering if two of the Illuminati are members of the opposite scum factions. If you're in there, I have a feeling at least one other faction also has a member in there. Something to keep in mind if we want to get rid of the other two factions so we can start killing people nightly.
Yeah, I had the same thought. I think it's probable that at least someone else in there isn't townie. Not sure if it's the Light or Dark teams, since I guess we are the final baddies and have some unique privileges, but it's definitely on my mind.

I didn't get particular scummy vibes from the players in there though. Fantomas seems townie, loki even more so, while Ketkat has been sorta reasonable when she's there and I have no clue who's #2.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Lol that’s grand.

I actively tried to copy Chuggs’ writing style on the first post, but I guess I just suck at this haha.

Sorry for not entertaining you guys, I suck with this role.

Been watching the thread all morning.

Very happy that we're both going to be completely ignored going into the night with all this bullshit happening.

Damn, that's an unfortunate flip for me.

But still, if I force a thunderdome tomorrow, we'll both be guaranteed safe as long as either of us don't die.

Who do we pit against Aeleus tho? Muffin? Or maybe someone completely off the wall like Faddy or Fran?

Faddy would be fun, since a double vote is usually a town power and he was pretty open about using it, so we would for sure be pitting town against town/neutral.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Damn, that's an unfortunate flip for me.

But still, if I force a thunderdome tomorrow, we'll both be guaranteed safe as long as either of us don't die.

Who do we pit against Aeleus tho? Muffin? Or maybe someone completely off the wall like Faddy or Fran?
Why do you say that? We both sorta voted for her in the end, so I think we're good on that.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Faddy would be fun, since a double vote is usually a town power and he was pretty open about using it, so we would for sure be pitting town against town/neutral.
Thread thinks there are no more item thieves, but I can still steal that gun from Aeleus too. It looks like they can't die during the thunderdome with it?
Thinking we could leave Aeleus with the item and force his thunderdome against Loki, Fantomas, Brazil or Faddy, which MIGHT kill them instantly. Or steal it and then force the thunderdome. What do you think?

We should be wary of a watcher though, which could really fuck us up this night.

Why do you say that? We both sorta voted for her in the end, so I think we're good on that.
Faddy and Fran were both going to be more suspicious of me if Swamped flipped scum for whatever reason.

Thread thinks there are no more item thieves, but I can still steal that gun from Aeleus too. It looks like they can't die during the thunderdome with it?
Thinking we could leave Aeleus with the item and force his thunderdome against Loki, Fantomas, Brazil or Faddy, which MIGHT kill them instantly. Or steal it and then force the thunderdome. What do you think?

We should be wary of a watcher though, which could really fuck us up this night.
Did Aeleus imply that somewhere at the end? I didn't see anything that made him invulnerable during a thunderdome with the gun. I'd be up for leaving the gun with them and killing either Faddy or Brazil. Just because they could be a thorn in our sides if left alone too long.

Also, we should infect some player who will probably last a lot. Muffin or Sorian maybe?
I was thinking Sorian, but Muffin is a good option too with the role name out there.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Aeleus had a post saying “I cannot die” or something like that after getting the gun, and Sorian pointed out that might be it’s a insta win with the thunderdome.

As for a watcher, I think we take that chance.
Agreed. Let’s go for it.

and if there's 8 scum, maybe no neutrals?

I’m thinking that could be it. Light and Dark scum have 3 members while we have only 2. No neutrals and only scum with even and odd faction kills + one shots.

@Geno can we get the warning message you'd send those targeted by my Reality Stone? I'm thinking ways to avoid nulling the power like Chuggs did this last phase.
"Failure to do so, hinting, or outright saying you were forced to write these will result in a modkill."
This was the warning, however, what Chuggs did was almost modkill territory. Which is kind of my fault because I wasn't explicit on what is hinting. Because of that I will message a different warning.
These posts are meant to be like you wrote them and not like you were forced to write them. You would have to justify them if asked about them(you can ignore questions regarding the post). You cannot outright say or hint that these posts were forced.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
"Failure to do so, hinting, or outright saying you were forced to write these will result in a modkill."
This was the warning, however, what Chuggs did was almost modkill territory. Which is kind of my fault because I wasn't explicit on what is hinting. Because of that I will message a different warning.
These posts are meant to be like you wrote them and not like you were forced to write them. You would have to justify them if asked about them(you can ignore questions regarding the post). You cannot outright say or hint that these posts were forced.
Understood, thanks Geno.

If rules regarding this are supposed to be stricter, I think we shouldn’t add the “this is the true” disclaimer haha. Well, I guess I’ll make a fake read list for someone.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
@Maolfunction, Fanto is rather suspicious of me on the Illuminati chat, but I don’t think he’ll develop something there yet; I’ll manage.

Also, Fantomas and Loki are looking for connections between you and Swamped. Fanto was generally wary of your vote since, in his words, “he liked the Aeleus case but not enough since [Mao] dropped a vote on Swamped and never looked back”.

Loki is a bit more dangerous since he reread all of your posts regarding Swamped to concluded that “you seemed fine either way with it” and that seemed like what a scummate would say to dismiss the wagon.

I misdirected a bit mentioning how your vote for her was pretty early and “hard to move” since you justified it based on her flip’s usefulness, but I still maintained a scum read on him, mentioning that you didn’t really address the arguments presented against Swamped during the phase, instead just voting for her due to the what the thread thought about it.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
Do you know a way to talk that out? I might have to push a bit in your direction initially, but I think LP might be the last Light Team member and will go there too.

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
I'm having doubts who to target with the fake message (and still need to write something up). I want to go for a mid range poster and just do a weird and contradictory reads list. I'm thinking Cat, Kitsu or maybe Apo?

Illuminati member 3

Costume Account
I'm having doubts who to target with the fake message (and still need to write something up). I want to go for a mid range poster and just do a weird and contradictory reads list. I'm thinking Cat, Kitsu or maybe Apo?
I think I'll stone TP actually. He has some people on him (LP especially - who will be discussed next phase) and I think he's actually town.

Top Bottom