Costume Party |OT| The Mafia Mash

Kool-Aid Man

Costume Account
oh and dont forget

5elwbaphur941.jpg

Prisoner

Costume Account
You posted a lot of quotes and a summary + vote that doesn't say much. I can tell you, not wanting to cooperate is just going to hurt town. Whether town is against you or not, you have to remember we're on the same side and if you're going to rely on us course-correcting after you die and flip town, then you have to give us more to work with.
I absolutely hate this stance, every time it comes up. Cereal has clearly done more work than many in this thread, but it seems it's never enough, short of presenting the whole Scum team on a silver platter with 100% water tight evidence.

Banana

Costume Account
oh and dont forget

5elwbaphur941.jpg

That is interesting now that you mention it. You were advertising a shot on D1 but the scum left you alone. I guess maybe the odds are more likely right now that you will hit a townie rather than a scum so they left you alone because of that but it's still curious.

Witch

Costume Account
I absolutely hate this stance, every time it comes up. Cereal has clearly done more work than many in this thread, but it seems it's never enough, short of presenting the whole Scum team on a silver platter with 100% water tight evidence.
I don't disagree that CK has done a lot of work, but so have a lot of us. She doesn't get the special privilege of throwing her hands up and saying "fuck you guys, then" and not having it hurt town more than help.

Witch

Costume Account
I don't need the whole scum team on a platter, but CK hasn't even explained her Jack Sparrow vote and she's already frustrated.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
Starting with #401

Barney said Drac asked him a question and went back and found it. Here's his answer:
Here it is.

Prisoner feels like its trying to build a narrative for the vote he wants to give, in particular the second vote thing, but eh, I don't feel that strong about it, just a hmm moment.

Kool-Aid has few posts, but I like them,

uter the bus in particular is a phrase that ust wins me over.

Hussein had a similar reaction to me with the second vote thing, but really is the use of the shocked pikachu that reads relaxed yet engaged, I like that, I really do.

Bob Ross continued to be cranky and when Zombie pushed his lack of a Drac vote, Bob said he would vote there later (#414). I also pushed and then Bob voted Dracula #415.

Prisoner agreed with Baby that Drac felt like an easy target #417

lolwhoops I said Sure looks like Drac is handling himself okay! RIP me #418 At least I said still worth watching, I suppose, good job past CK

#419 Dany pikathinks on Rey's question about "bussing" Drac and Drac's posts to Rey, including the slip.
(Note: Dany did not vote either of them)

I would like to hear @Kool-Aid Man's update on this:
Thank you for that. I watched certain people get suspected and took some notes. What I noticed first of all is the fact that Dracula was suspected without having a real clue. Everything seems very, very suspect to me. I will now pursue this.

Dany engaged it in a very surface way (there's so much discussion some has to be from town)

Kool-Aid's response was also surface so I don't think either of them got anything from this??? but maybe they will tell us if they did

A wild Barack Obama appeared and said it wasn't a slip from Drac
right fair enough,though I think there's 18 players :eyes:. Dracula said something similar, (complete with equations!), so leaning towards 'not a scum making a dumb mistake' for now :mcdonalds:

In #433 Barack says "wait and see on Drac, revisit later"

Witch and Bob Ross argue about whether or not the Drac suspicions were based on bullshit

Clown asks Bob the case against Drac, bob Says:
I mean it's day 1, we don't have much to go off, the slip is the best thing we have and I'm sure people can agree, I've seen some say that we should wait and see on that but I'm asking, why? Can they give me any reason as to why wait? It's D1, we might've caught scum and you want to wait for no reason, we don't have better leads anyway.

Clown pushes back - this honestly makes that kill VERY VERY WEIRD
I for one completely disagree when you say that the slip is the best thing we have. I don't think it was a slip. With that, the rest falls apart in my view. I think we should not lynch Dracula, because there is no good reason to do so. I don't really understand the opposite view to mine, the one you seem to hold, as it seems to be based on what I view as a complete falsehood.

Cinderella had a light scum read on Drac #473

Jack Sparrow had this to say about Drac and co - understands Drac wagon but others are worse
Barney’s post to get his post count to 10 seemed a little like a lunch bomb to me but I’ll keep on eye on them in the future. As for the two people I am currently leaning towards I would say zombie or Bob Ross. I understand the votes for Drac since we don’t have much to go on but I think zombies and bob Ross’s posts are more sus to me with their defensiveness. I disagree with the notion that they are the “easy targets” because their posts are what set the arms off not someone else trying to push a narrative. I’ll make up my mind soon.

Witch in #493 "does not have much to say about Drac" - middle of the road null read

Really hard to pull scumreads out of this, not to self to look at this list ordered or ask @Witch to order one

Minecraft Steve doesn't want to vote Drac
I don't really want to vote Dracula today, I think the accent and scum guessing from earlier was either shitposting (accent) or metagaming (scum team # guessing)

I can get behind a prisoner vote, his posts have just not convinced me today.

Zombie is in contention with Witch just putting Zombie over Bob Ross. I could vote zombie today, but I want to put this down where my head is currently.

Vote:Prisoner

I don't really want to vote banana today either, baring Banana coming out and saying that they are scum I want to save a better read until tomorrow. That being said if it came down to Banana vs Dracula in a tie and it was all up to me, I would probably vote banana over Dracula.

Rey votes Drac in #506

I said something dumb, that late Drac votes were lazy, lol.

#510 Baby calls out Banana's early Drac vote as a joke vote (Banana already addressed that it was a joke vote that became a real vote)

Clown reads that include Drac but possibly information about others:
All right, I have time now.

I am at best a wannabe statistician, but surely three games is too little to conclude anything Dany. The playstyle bits that people have said so far ring true to me, it's just luck of the draw if the game gets the spam posters as scum or town. It could be said that the three example games shown show this variance - the middle game has 20% scum in it but scum made only 7% of the total posts, whereas in the 3rd game the numbers were 20% and 28%.

Whereas where I am standing right now, I don't get the Dracula thing and I'm considering Bob, Zombie and Cinderella for that reason. I think this is where I end up after thinking this through a bit. As I am finishing this up, Rey joins in too, me no like.

Banana is half and half. Most of the act is good, the conclusions I agree less on. This I'll read again to see if the conclusions are malicious. Could be the dark horse candidate.

Jack's formality, I feel that he tells more than does, is a slight concern to me. I'd like to see him take more of a active role if possible.

Prisoner stopped after the last bunch of posts he made. Everything there ran around the one point he made and I don't really feel it, much like many of the other things around here. @Prisoner where do you stand now in terms of the vote? Keeping me or jumping perhaps to Dracula or what?

Rey is too scummy to be scum so he is scum. A long shot in other words - a feeling, would not act on it yet.

Town guesses would be Dany and Witch. I don't harbor ill will toward CK but I can't read her yet either. Steve could be a town guess too I think. I think the rest (checks player list) are unknowns to me. Oh yeah, Dracula, lol. Don't want him out but I wouldn't rate him higher than a null capable of showing promise.

Dany asks me why I doubt Drac voters in #513, I answered with what I had already said

#514 Banana reasserts that the initial vote on Drac was a joke but it became a real vote

Here's Dany's "decent player" remark that got attention:
I think Dracula is a decent player so I wouldn't go too far in clearing him for holding up. I don't think he's a good D1 lynch however since he's contributed quite a lot and I don't see that "slip" as being much of anything.

Prisoner did not want a Drac vote #520 but wanted Clown, Rey, or Bob

Witch tags Drac to ask for thoughts on the wagons at 3 hours until end of day

Drac then posts reads - wow, good timing, right after Witch tag
Alright, hey there. My bad about the sporadic activity, finally have a few hours to myself.

Between Zombie, Bob, and Prisoner I'm leaning towards Zombie being on the town end. His posts look the most insightful and it looks like he's more genuine in trying to ascertain people's intentions. I agree with the vast majority of the insights he's dropped, and melding like that is always a good sign. The progression towards his vote on me today looks town-natural, I'm not surprised that his wagon has been the one to gain traction the easiest. I think the wagons being on him and I at the moment is town playing right into scum's hands.

My personal vote?

VOTE: Bob Ross

It looks like Bob has spent the day using my quote unquote "slip" as cover fire to distract the thread from the fact that he's having serious problems engaging with the game. When situations like this happen early on in the game, it's common for scum to latch on like flies to fly paper, and I think that all of the attention on me fits that bill. For Bob having 31 posts, there's very little to show from it, and fmpov it's pretty much all surface level engagement. (if I could iso his posts I could do a deep dive and double check this but I'm still unaware how to do this on OM.) There was also a ton of heat on Bob early but votes never came from it which strikes me as some soft bussing going on somewhere.

Prisoner, I'm more ambivalent on. A lot of their comments don't necessarily strike me as town POV so I wouldn't be sad if they died either.

Also unrelated to the top three wagons I'm pretty sure Banana would be the second scum that has been opportunistically on me today. All of their analyses of my posts strike me as completely bad faith.

Echo this sentiment. Rey's analysis has been mostly kind of out-of-the-box in a way that'd be hard to fake for scum. Rey finding Zombie as a townread also makes me lean towards trusting them more. Probably my strongest townread.

This honestly seems like it came out of nowhere in the phase? Why? Can you make a succinct case?

Drac says Dany's previous game vote analysis is not worth talking about - note to talk about this later

Drac calls out Witch's reads
I find it interesting that you've only outed a single hard townread in this list. Aside from the suspects that you're pushing, nearly every read that would lean the opposite way is wishy washy. "I'm mixed on whether he's scum or town", "May be trying to help town but their activity at start of day may have hurt more than it helped", "Would be beneficial to keep around for their helpful rhetoric, even if they are scum." What? Can you out three players you feel are likely to be town at this juncture?

We should go through these late Drac posts prtty carefully because how he treats others when a wagon is important, hard to read for sure but important

Drac did not agree with Jack Sparrow but just a one-liner, didn't think Zombie was being defense #531

Feels like this is getting long so I will post it and pick up with 532

Witch

Costume Account
If you guys turn on me and lynch me or Kool-Aid Man over here day kills me or whatever, I'll have to suck it up just the same as anyone else and have to accept that I at least gave town everything I had.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
I don't disagree that CK has done a lot of work, but so have a lot of us. She doesn't get the special privilege of throwing her hands up and saying "fuck you guys, then" and not having it hurt town more than help.
I can absolutely say answering the same questions over and over is dumb so I'm going to go do something I think is not dumb

Jack Sparrow

Costume Account
So it was just to save Drac?

Actually this is a good question for everyone: as of END OF DAY ONE, how would you have ranked the wagons, from town to scum:

Mine was:
Drac: towniest
Prisoner: null but less town than Drac
Zombie: scumread

please DON'T give updated now-reads yet when you answer, I just want to know about day one
Probably
Drac- most likely town out of the 3
Prisoner- null
Zombie- a hint of scum(like if you had a pepper shaker and you shake it one time over your food).
KAM is being the wild card and still padding out his post count with gifs and a threat of a steamer.
It seems like I can’t play as passive anymore.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
You posted a lot of quotes and a summary + vote that doesn't say much. I can tell you, not wanting to cooperate is just going to hurt town. Whether town is against you or not, you have to remember we're on the same side and if you're going to rely on us course-correcting after you die and flip town, then you have to give us more to work with.
so you missed the part where I said i'm trying to get it all in one place so I can look at it huh

listen, i will in turn level with you

we don't have a vote tool
we don't have a search

so I'm trying to create a way to look at all those interactions without a search & without a vote tool so we can make some informed judgements on what happened around Dracula

I have not said "fuck you" to the thread, i said was going to go do something i thought was more useful than chasing one person over end of day votes

there's a whole game full of people who had progressions to their end of day votes. they don't go away because we can't search. show some of that work you say you have been doing.

Kool-Aid Man

Costume Account
I would like to hear @Kool-Aid Man's update on this:

Thank you for that. I watched certain people get suspected and took some notes. What I noticed first of all is the fact that Dracula was suspected without having a real clue. Everything seems very, very suspect to me. I will now pursue this.

i persued it and made a logical conclusion out of it, would not matter to you if i said that it made me vote for him in the end.

Kool-Aid's response was also surface so I don't think either of them got anything from this??? but maybe they will tell us if they did

Did not get anything out of it, mostly because i did not really engage with anyone yesterday:

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
Probably
Drac- most likely town out of the 3
Prisoner- null
Zombie- a hint of scum(like if you had a pepper shaker and you shake it one time over your food).
KAM is being the wild card and still padding out his post count with gifs and a threat of a steamer.
It seems like I can’t play as passive anymore.
Why did you add KAM to this and was that your read of KAM yesterday as asked or is that updated?

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
To add to the Jack read, someone who puts in extra detail to muddle information is a scum lean for me and Jack did it a lot d1 too

Witch

Costume Account
Clown pushes back - this honestly makes that kill VERY VERY WEIRD

Who do you think scum should have killed? Someone on the Dracula vote?

We should go through these late Drac posts prtty carefully because how he treats others when a wagon is important, hard to read for sure but important
I agree, it would be worthwhile to look back at those posts. I don't have the time to look back right now, but if you put together some quotes like I think you're going to, I will look through it when I can.

Bob Ross

Costume Account
I can only use it 1 hour before EoD.
Banana made a good point against it since i would probably hit Town at this stage.
Not sure if i should use my brain or not.
Hm so what if it was a player that worked or slept durint EoD, sounds like a weird role to me, but since you say it's a day ability I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You should use it today I think.

Baby

Costume Account
Banana made a good point against it since i would probably hit Town at this stage.

Think of it this way, if you don't shoot it and scum take you out, you'll regret it forever!

Witch

Costume Account
I'm not interested in calling your bluff or even discussing your ability, but you should really careful how you use it.

Kool-Aid Man

Costume Account
I'm not interested in calling your bluff or even discussing your ability, but you should really careful how you use it.

Thats my take at this point, used it so many times and just once hit scum,
I rather not use it at this point. Scaring the hell out of you yesterday was already worth it.
I got my info out of it.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
Who do you think scum should have killed? Someone on the Dracula vote?
I don't know because that's not how I'm looking at the game. Here's how I get here though

Clown might have been townread today for
Drac saying they melded
Drac openly trying to pocket
but people would have had to notice this and we are usually bad at that lol

Clown might have been suspected today for open defense of drac and being on zombie wagon

no matter what Clown would have been a big point of discussion - kind of like i am and for similar reasons and why wouldn't scum want discussion of town? they can always kill them later

WHO they should have killed depends on the other wagons. if more than one wagon was scum then that complicates it all so it is hard to say. someone quieter would have been a good kill. KAM if they thought he had a shot would have been a good kill and it would put suspicion on... you

:pikathink:

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
Hm so what if it was a player that worked or slept durint EoD, sounds like a weird role to me, but since you say it's a day ability I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You should use it today I think.
we have had roles like this before and i think one time it was someone who was on a bad schedule, fep or stan or someone

Bob Ross

Costume Account
Clown is easy to figure out, he wasn't top poster or low poster, seemed to create discussion and that's why scum offed him.

Witch

Costume Account
I don't know because that's not how I'm looking at the game. Here's how I get here though

Clown might have been townread today for
Drac saying they melded
Drac openly trying to pocket
but people would have had to notice this and we are usually bad at that lol

Clown might have been suspected today for open defense of drac and being on zombie wagon

no matter what Clown would have been a big point of discussion - kind of like i am and for similar reasons and why wouldn't scum want discussion of town? they can always kill them later

WHO they should have killed depends on the other wagons. if more than one wagon was scum then that complicates it all so it is hard to say. someone quieter would have been a good kill. KAM if they thought he had a shot would have been a good kill and it would put suspicion on... you

:pikathink:
In addition to what you stated, there's also a possibility scum thought that killing someone on another wagon might throw us off the scent of the wagon, i.e. trying to get us to think that Clown was wrong about his Zombie vote like he was wrong about Dracula.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
I'm still feeling Zombie. I think his behavior from yesterday still stands as highly suspect.
so you think that we had at least two scum wagons and i as scum pushed zombie and defended drac but just for show and that's why i ended on prisoner?

so you think Prisoner is town? you did vote them yesterday

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
Breaking News: We may not have a vote tool, but we do have a search function now.

Bob Ross

Costume Account
No way Zombie and Prisoner are both scum. I refuse to believe it. I can only accept Prisoner because it was a vote to live and Drac flipped goon, ans that's not something I'll chase today or even tomorrow probably.

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
Breaking News: We may not have a vote tool, but we do have a search function now.

*Munches Waffle.*

I don't think this needs to be said, but I'll say it anyway: You can't search boards you don't have access to, so no, the search isn't gonna tell you who the scum team is.

WAFFLER, AWAAAAAY

Witch

Costume Account
so you think that we had at least two scum wagons and i as scum pushed zombie and defended drac but just for show and that's why i ended on prisoner?

so you think Prisoner is town? you did vote them yesterday
I think all of that is possible. I did call it a theory, though.

The problem with being town is I have no idea who's town and who isn't.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
No way Zombie and Prisoner are both scum. I refuse to believe it. I can only accept Prisoner because it was a vote to live and Drac flipped goon, ans that's not something I'll chase today or even tomorrow probably.
does someone think all the wagons were scum??

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
Starting back with 532, which is Witch responding to Drac
I can see where you’re coming from on Bob v Zombie, even if I don’t necessarily agree.

unsurprisingly, I’m very much on board with lynching Banana, but that’s just three of us that would entertain that and I think I’m the only one with him as a first choice.

#534, Drac asks Dany why the vote for Steve, says he likes Steve

Drac asks Bob why he would laugh at the idea that he (Drac) is a decent player

#536 Drac says Bob is likely to get voted out ??? or at least likelier than others

#537 starts Bob saying Dany detected who Drac was. This is interesting; now that we know Drac was scum, if Bob still thinks this is indicative of Dany investigating to see who drac was that means very likely not w/w

@Bob Ross do you still think Dany went looking to figure out who Drac was? and why didn't you comment the same thing on this?

I feel Rey and Daenerys are likely town, despite their behavior hurting town; both things can be true. I also think CK is likely town, but I don’t want to let my guard down with her. I think she knows what she’s doing enough to be able to fake a town playstyle really well.

I have a lot of doubts and that comes through in how I describe things (I.e. meandering).

Witch obviously thinks something about me here on d1 and is a lot more than a "decent player" statement imo

I'll stop this one here because that's a separate line

Spider-Man

Costume Account
Think of it this way, if you don't shoot it and scum take you out, you'll regret it forever!

Haha, I actually tend to agree with this reasoning. I like using my PRs asap because there's no guarantee I'll survive long enough.

I appreciate Kool-aid being open with his PR, I've seen a scum day-kill before too but I don't think it makes sense for scum to tell everyone.
If it only activates in the last hour that sucks though. I guess what this means is that Kool-aid is better off shooting someone who is not a vote leader. Otherwise the scramble during the last hour will be chaotic.

I kinda convinced myself that CK is scum. Trying to think of the next steps now. Is there a world in which Dany and CK are scum together? I'm going to look into this, and finish reading Baby too.

Bob Ross

Costume Account
Let's think about the shot a bit.
16 players/13 town 3 scum
Mislynch 1. 14/11/3
Mislynch 2. 12/9/3
Mislynch 3. 10/7/3
Mislynch 4. 8/5/3
Mislynch 5 is game over.
If you shoot anywhere in there scum still needs 5 mislynches to win. We lose nothing from you taking a shot with potential of hitting scum.

Minecraft Steve

Costume Account
Clown is easy to figure out, he wasn't top poster or low poster, seemed to create discussion and that's why scum offed him.
Simplest explanation is likely true, but I do want to speculate a bit.
but this doesn't consider Clowns role. There really are no simple solutions if you consider that. Scum could have missed (somehow) and Clown found scum. Scum could have wanted to do a middle of the road NK, but I can't see Scum thinking that was their best move after yesterday losing a player. Literally anyone on Drac's case would have been a better choice for Scum team. This is FAR from a simple solution because a 'Lazy NK' just isnt simple.

Witch

Costume Account
Witch obviously thinks something about me here on d1 and is a lot more than a "decent player" statement imo
That assessment was just based on your D1 posts. If you're trying to say I know who you really are, I do not and I was not trying to intimate that.

but this doesn't consider Clowns role. There really are no simple solutions if you consider that. Scum could have missed (somehow) and Clown found scum. Scum could have wanted to do a middle of the road NK, but I can't see Scum thinking that was their best move after yesterday losing a player. Literally anyone on Drac's case would have been a better choice for Scum team. This is FAR from a simple solution because a 'Lazy NK' just isnt simple.
I suppose Clown hitting scum with his ability is as likely as anything else we've talked about, but it gives us even less to work with. We would have to figure out who he investigated just based on his D1 posts from a pool of 16 players.

Minecraft Steve

Costume Account
That assessment was just based on your D1 posts. If you're trying to say I know who you really are, I do not and I was not trying to intimate that.

I suppose Clown hitting scum with his ability is as likely as anything else we've talked about, but it gives us even less to work with. We would have to figure out who he investigated just based on his D1 posts from a pool of 16 players.
I agree, it is not useful really today, but maybe tomorrow or the next day we see that "oh Clown could have hit scum by investigating xxx".

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
Drac talking directly to Witch about starting a banana wagon (lol) in #542 makes me less likely to think w/w there but it's hard to shut down mega bad vibes from Witch

Bob and I argue more about the decent player thing

Drac talks to Jack about activity arguments
I kinda think all the activity accusations on d1 are a bit lame so I can sympathize with his reaction there, I wouldn't necessarily call it defensive in a bad way. I pretty much react the same way when people accuse me of going "mist form" after I leave following a string of posts, even though I'm posting substanstive content when I get some time in here.

Drac agrees w/ me on the decent thing fwiw but is obviously biased too lol
I don't have much to add to this discussion, but just so you know you ain't crazy, I'm not following either

but lowkey that is both kind of defense of Dany?? but it would mean Dany would not have to investigate him? or at least thinks Dany didn't? not sure, not conclusive

Here's one of the few (the only?) posts I like from Jack Sparrow, to Bob about the decent/investigative thing
Your argument is extreme for a premise that is pretty weak.

Bob argues back of course because Bob is pretty abrasive and seems to have a pretty narrow view of things (I read him town, this is just characterization) but the response is interesting on this Dany line
I mean it's either one or the other, I don't see what's so hard to understand. Either she claimed he was a decent player out of thin air, because to know something like that you have to have at least a few games with the person, or she did detective work.

bc the implication is that if Dany didn't investigate that she knows otherwise as in is scum with and knows that way. it would have to be, right?

either way I still do think the decent comment was overblown but maybe something is there

Spider-Man calls Drac a strong/active player in #560

Banana comes out and says the thing I was speculating about, pretty much

Nope I saw it too and it raised an eyebrow. It's possible the Witch was just inferring that about Dracula based on at the time 35ish D1 posts, but its also possible that they learned of each other's real identities elsewhere. The way Witch and Dracula are acting seems way too obvious for both of them to be teammates but damn if it doesn't look funny.
actually both things

implies that Dany/Drac could be teammates
says Witch and Drac are maybe too weird to be teammates

this is interesting from someone who had the hardest read on scum Drac
Maybe they know it from scum chat, maybe they did detective work because scum would do that in order to know who to kill at night. Either way town doesn't benefit from doing it and it's not like Dracula is obvious like someone else we have.

because it implies Drac might not be the scum in that relationship

interesting but I think I will shelve that myself, I don't really think Bob is scum here after Drac's flip, very far outside chance though some recent games with hardbussing might be interesting to look at if he is at all suspicious later

moving on

Cinderella, who scumreads Drac, says
I feel like Scum is happy to let the Drac wagon go on

Witch asks about this and then says
Just noticed my top 3 scum are all on the Dracula vote lol

that’s an interesting coincidence

(I agreed tho so lol)

Cinderella says he was just going to vote the next biggest wagon. I need to go back and check but I really thought Drac was @Cinderella's only scumread at the time and I don't see progression here? does anyone else have thoughts on this

this post aged poorly lmao
There's definitely at least 1 scum, possibly 2, on that Dracula train soooo I'm pretty comfy where I am
@Baby do you think someone bussed though and if so who

Drac lashes out at banana in #580 and this is long again so I'll stop here

Spider-Man

Costume Account
So here's my take on Baby - She seems to be very active, but her activity seems surface-level. She is engaging with almost every player, asking a question but not really following up on it. I'm finding it hard to figure out exactly what her stances are. Here's a deeper post from her from today:

I feel bad about so many of those votes at Day End, I don't even know where to start.

Barney and Minecraft Steve's absolute last minute votes off of one train at 5 to another at 5 in an attempt to tie the votes at best, or save Dracula at worst, both feel like panicking scum who saw an opportunity and wanted to jump on it.

Cereal Killer's vote came in at a time where her vote tied things up again with less than 2 minutes left in the day. Not great either.

Daenerys Targaryen was not happy with any of the 3 leading wagons but still just kind of voted for Zombie suddenly with less than 1 minute left.

Cinderella voted with 5 minutes left while stating that he wants to keep Bob and Drac around.

I feel the best about Cinderella, and the worst about all the other 4 equally.

So, let's start here.

vote : Daenerys Targaryen

Why'd you vote zombie at the literal last minute when you stated that you weren't a fan of any of the leading wagons? Why try to save one of those other two over zombie?

She scumreads Barney, MS, CK and Dany equally. Votes Dany, and did push her in a previous post #755. She has posted since, but hasn't dug into any of her other scum reads. I dunno, maybe I'm reading it wrong but her posts feel like she just wants to look busy as opposed to really scumhunt.

Also, maybe I'm reading too much into it, especially with my CK tunnel but I'd be remiss if I didn't bring it up:

How are you getting that they were kicked off by CK when Witch voted within the same minute but before CK on Zombie?

Soft defense of CK, and shading Witch. Seems to have kept track of votes to the minute, which is something I know I do as scum.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
agreed here we don't have enough info to know what happened with Clown's role in the equation

if Clown was just NK it was definitely an odd choice. does not mean scum dug that deeply but if they did they would probably not pick clown especially with someone soft claiming vig shot

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
So here's my take on Baby - She seems to be very active, but her activity seems surface-level. She is engaging with almost every player, asking a question but not really following up on it. I'm finding it hard to figure out exactly what her stances are. Here's a deeper post from her from today:
I have baby down in scum territory on the readlist i am building for similar reasons

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
i find this unusual for my own reasons but actually really wanted to know why Bob Ross called out one post where someone seemed to "know" but did not call out others that were more pointed

Witch

Costume Account
Just to get this out of the way, I don't know who anyone really is. It's against game-specific rule #1 to try to metagame based on that and just generally against the spirit of the game. Anything I say about anyone in this game is based on their behavior in this game.

Spider-Man

Costume Account

I'm not sure I really like MS going down this rabbit hole BUT...

Clown's PM does say he'd be "removed" from the game if he targeted scum, but he "died" instead.

Am I dissecting flavor too much? I'll abandon this train of thought if it doesn't make sense. I think scum killing Clown is perfectly valid anyway.

Baby

Costume Account

She scumreads Barney, MS, CK and Dany equally. Votes Dany, and did push her in a previous post #755. She has posted since, but hasn't dug into any of her other scum reads. I dunno, maybe I'm reading it wrong but her posts feel like she just wants to look busy as opposed to really scumhunt.

Also, maybe I'm reading too much into it, especially with my CK tunnel but I'd be remiss if I didn't bring it up:

Soft defense of CK, and shading Witch. Seems to have kept track of votes to the minute, which is something I know I do as scum.

I mean, keeping up with votes to the minute when it's the last 5 minutes and there's a ton of them causing chaos seems like something everyone should be doing, not just scum.

Spider-Man

Costume Account
Thank you, I look forward to it.

UNVOTE

Feels like you unvoted CK pretty quickly. Initially I thought you were unvoting a prod vote, but you kinda dug into CK today.

I might just be overthinking things. Cereal Killer's behavior is just plain suspicious.

VOTE: Cereal Killer

I don't need the whole scum team on a platter, but CK hasn't even explained her Jack Sparrow vote and she's already frustrated.

Did you stop finding her suspicious? Did you find someone else you scumread more? If so, why not switch your vote instead of just unvoting? What happened to Zombie being a top scum read?

Spider-Man

Costume Account
I mean, keeping up with votes to the minute when it's the last 5 minutes and there's a ton of them causing chaos seems like something everyone should be doing, not just scum.

Fair enough. I see you were around then and post #718 makes it feel like you were open about paying close attention to the votes. Ok, you get some points for that.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
let me finish this Drac thing because there are posts from today I want to go over--

oh word spidey just picked up a whole thread that i wanted to pursue, thanks, Witch did fold like a piece of paper and idk why

Witch went from big town read on me to being sus but not voting today to voting only after someone else did (Steve? maybe) and then unvoting so easily

add to that: my "quotes and a summary" don't say much but he used one right after that so apparently they did

nothing Witch does here makes a lot of sense but I'm also adding it up against Witch wailing that he has done his best for town and I'm not seeing that either and want to go back through those posts to see if I missed anything

Spider-Man

Costume Account

Can you go over why you decided to stay on Zombie? You were the first vote on him, so essentially you were keeping out of the vote switching shenanigans (yes yes pot calling the kettle black etc)

Witch

Costume Account
Feels like you unvoted CK pretty quickly. Initially I thought you were unvoting a prod vote, but you kinda dug into CK today.

Did you stop finding her suspicious? Did you find someone else you scumread more? If so, why not switch your vote instead of just unvoting? What happened to Zombie being a top scum read?
Trying to give her some space to be more cooperative in the discussion

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
Drac, the final chapter (maybe)

Witch agrees with Baby there is scum on the Drac wagon #581
@Banana in #582 you said "scum don't care what wagon develops just as long as it isn't them" okay we know Drac was a scum wagon so how do you feel about the counter wagons + votes so far today

#585 Dany pushes back against Bob's assertion and says Drac's terminology indicates an experience player and that explains "decent"gate

Drac speculates no more than two scum on his wagon, worth keeping in mind as people flip and see who moved off that wagon, who stayed for no good reason, who camped early on counter wagons

oof this post
I can't objectively disagree but I don't see them as being exclusive beyond reasonable doubt (I can imagine a townie could possibly hold both views at once regardless.) I really like his reasoning behind voting Prisoner being a "meh" while being unable to elaborate on specifics because it was pretty much exactly how I felt about Prisoner's posts, slight scum lean without them standing out much at all.

tbh this is part of why I scumread Jack Sparrow, the construction of the post is so convoluted and overinflated and Jack is doing a lot of that too

Dany responds and wants to ISO Prisoner

#595 Spider-Man wanted to protect Witch or Dracula investigate me, Jack, or Barney, Kill Bob or Baby. or Banana. you know what i'm gonna quote this one because that's a notable post

Kill Bob or Baby, Marry Clown and F...

Oh wait, wrong game.

Protect witch or Dracula, Investigate Jack Sparrow, CK or Barney, kill Bob or Baby. But I could be persuaded to vote Banana too, why not.

at that point when Drac left this was the vote count
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Dracula (4 votes)
Cereal Killer - 0 0
Banana - 0
Zombie - 0
Bob Ross - 0
Rey - 0

Banana (3 votes)
Witch - 0 0
Dracula - 0
Witch - 0
Clown - 0

Zombie (3 votes)
Baby - 0
Jack Sparrow - 0
Witch - 0 0
Cereal Killer - 0

Prisoner (2 votes)
Barack Obama - 0
Minecraft Steve - 0

Witch (1 votes)
Kool-Aid Man - 0

Bob Ross (1 votes)
Daenerys Targaryen - 0 0
Spider-Man - 0
Dracula - 0 0

Minecraft Steve (1 votes)
Daenerys Targaryen - 0

Clown (1 votes)
Prisoner - 0

Daenerys Targaryen (0 votes)
Prisoner - 0 0
Rey - 0 0

Spider-Man (0 votes)
Cereal Killer - 0 0

Cereal Killer (0 votes)
Spider-Man - 0 0
Dracula - 0 0

Barack Obama (0 votes)
Cereal Killer - 0 0

Not voting: Cinderella, Barney

Kool-Aid Man

Costume Account
nothing Witch does here makes a lot of sense but I'm also adding it up against Witch wailing that he has done his best for town and I'm not seeing that either and want to go back through those posts to see if I missed anything

You mean she will be a target for me EoD ?

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
Vote Count:

Cereal Killer - 3
Bob Ross - Post #758
Spider-Man - Post #778
Minecraft Steve - Post #884
Witch - Post #886 Post #917

Spider-Man - 1
Cereal Killer - Post #787 Post #862
Zombie - Post #821

Daenerys Targaryen - 1
Baby - Post #786

Jack Sparrow - 1
Cereal Killer - Post #862

Rey- 1
Kool-Aid Man - Post #870

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
I think I'm OK with my Bob vote, although I love that he's more engaged now. However, it feels like he's mostly just playing defensive.

But what's really giving me pause is that so many people are pushing against him, but he still only has one vote (me). Most recently Jack Sparrow, which doesn't give me good vibes as it reads like he is piling on to the reasoning of some strong/active players like CK and Dracula.

On the off chance Bob isn't scum, his elimination might give us some clues as many players have strong opinions on him
Spidey why were you so into this idea of Bob as an info kill? Couldn't you have taken this same position with Dracula or Banana or even Zombie, they all had several people who had strong opinions about them

Witch

Costume Account
My "best" does not necessarily mean I'm doing a good job.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
I asked a question you had not addressed yet and your response was basically to piss off.
You mean this one?
Why don't you tell us? Do you think anyone voting for you right now is scum? Do you think scum is avoiding voting for you?

If not, what do you mean? Also, you can see what I'm doing. It's not like I'm avoiding the thread. I'm very visible. My intent here is clear. I'm not really sure what you're so mad about but you've been mad about for a while.

Daenerys Targaryen

Costume Account
Thank you for all of this, I’ll go through all of this when I’m in a position to do so.
Drac speculates no more than two scum on his wagon, worth keeping in mind as people flip and see who moved off that wagon, who stayed for no good reason, who camped early on counter wagons
I think that is 100% WIFOM and not really worth speculating much over. Dracula must’ve known he was a likely flip, even if he were to survive yesterday.

Jack Sparrow

Costume Account
Barack Obama
Has been quiet the whole game and did not really engage all to much. They’ve have not really caught heat for it either. I understand that this describes me as well but i have not seen many people talk about them.

Witch

Costume Account
You mean this one?

If not, what do you mean? Also, you can see what I'm doing. It's not like I'm avoiding the thread. I'm very visible. My intent here is clear. I'm not really sure what you're so mad about but you've been mad about for a while.
Yeah. That was basically what Zombie asked a few posts later, "why Jack Sparrow?"

I'm not mad, honestly. I was getting that vibe from you, actually, though I would understand if you were; you've got 3 votes on you from folks who peaced out after putting the vote down, and it probably feels like I'm giving you a hard time. You said you were going to post a bunch of stuff, and I'm trying to be receptive to what you have to say. I'm doing this regardless of what I think your alignment is because I think it's valuable information.

Jack Sparrow

Costume Account
I think CK comes out looking better with this conversation with Witch. Witch’s justification for unvoting CK because they want her to cooperate is weak and especially with their reasoning of “they didn’t answer my question”. CK has been active all day and if Witch wanted their question answered they could’ve just pressed CK about it more. I don’t really see the unvote as justified in this scenario.

Cinderella

Costume Account
Hey guys apologies for the lack of activity, I've been ill

I didn't want Drac to die because I was wrong. Nothing else to explain and if I get voted for it that's fine.
CK remind me again, were you the one who shut down Witch's DADV talk?

All the posts of Cinderella's though process on Dracula where he leaned towards a vote on Dracula, but later said he disliked the wagon. What changed that made you not wanna vote Dracula?
I did lean towards a vote on Dracula, but also felt that towards EoD, the lack of discourse and lack of another wagon made me think Scum was happy with having Dracula in the lead(DADV, although I wasn't familiar with the term then), I mentioned this and funnily enough, Dracula agreed with me as well lol. I read through the votes for banana who was the 2nd most voted but didn't think there was much there. Decided I'd just vote for the highest non-Dracula candidate.

Not sure what to make of Cinderella. There isn't much to work with except for a random vote on Prisoner, which brought me in the lead. He then asks for a tie break when it was Dracula vs Zombie, not sure why he couldn't do it himself.

@Barack Obama what do you think about the day end?

Also can we use other nicknames instead of 2-letter-abbreviations? I always struggle to remember what each abbreviation stands for.
When I asked for that, I had seen yourself and Dracula tied at 5 votes each. I would rather you be lunched than Drac so I asked if anyone else could break the tie.

Feel good about Zombie but may have leaned even more town on them if Clown didn't get NK. Felt like DT ran more defense than necessary (just a feeling mind you) for Dracula. @Witch and @Jack Sparrow , why'd you guys go for Zombie?

Witch

Costume Account
I think CK comes out looking better with this conversation with Witch. Witch’s justification for unvoting CK because they want her to cooperate is weak and especially with their reasoning of “they didn’t answer my question”. CK has been active all day and if Witch wanted their question answered they could’ve just pressed CK about it more. I don’t really see the unvote as justified in this scenario.
Well, CK eventually answered my question by responding to Zombie. He basically asked the same question.

I would prefer to read CK's train of thought right now and give her the space to do that, instead of maybe catching another vote in the next few hours and then have her unloading on whatever player that is. That's why I unvoted.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
I would prefer to read CK's train of thought right now and give her the space to do that, instead of maybe catching another vote in the next few hours and then have her unloading on whatever player that is. That's why I unvoted.
You were saying I was uncooperative because I did not want to stop and answer your question, which wasn't actually the same as the one about Jack Sparrow, but now you want me to just roll with what I'm doing... which is the same thing I was doing when you said I was being uncooperative.

oh...kay

Witch

Costume Account
You were saying I was uncooperative because I did not want to stop and answer your question, which wasn't actually the same as the one about Jack Sparrow, but now you want me to just roll with what I'm doing... which is the same thing I was doing when you said I was being uncooperative.

oh...kay
The question wasn't the same, but the intent was:

As for the rest... yes that's right?

Okay.

Thank you, I look forward to it.

UNVOTE

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
So I was looking at the voting at day end and made some observations:
Cereal started off-wagon but then switched to Zombie first. This brought him 1 away from Dracula and tied with Banana in second place, but at this point it didn't look like that Train was going anywhere. After that Bob started to get steam and Cereal switched there as well, creating a tie between Dracula and Bob. When the Bob train lost steam again he switched back to Zombie, after Witch started that train again. Then in the last moment Cereal switched to Prisoner without giving a reason. I feel like this switch was to get off wagon should Zombie be lunched, which almost happened had the last two votes not been too late.
It's also of note that he avoided voting Banana in this whole affair.

I would also like to have a look at Steve and Barney, who were late with their vote. They both had a vote on Prisoner before and were mostly observing the day end, but then switched to Zombie in unison. The fact their votes are so synchronized makes me doubt they are both Scum, but I could see at least one. The Zombie train was in full steam at that point and I think it would have been easy to hide in it. However, this whole scenario kind of conflicts with a Scum!Cereal theory.

Witch switching from Prisoner to Zombie when it was tied looks townie to me. This vote started the whole Zombie train in the end and I think Scum used this to jump on it.

Daeneris is still an open point for me. She started out off wagon on Steve but then switched to Bob, who she had voted once before already. In the end she was among the last minute Zombie voters and brought him 1 away from Dracula, but her vote didn't seem to come out of nowhere like many others did.

Not sure what to make of Cinderella. There isn't much to work with except for a random vote on Prisoner, which brought me in the lead. He then asks for a tie break when it was Dracula vs Zombie, not sure why he couldn't do it himself.

@Barack Obama what do you think about the day end?

Also can we use other nicknames instead of 2-letter-abbreviations? I always struggle to remember what each abbreviation stands for.
So I have seen almost no discussion of this post, which has some oddities in it.

First things first... why do you talk about yourself in third person?

Can you unpack more about why you think Witch's switch was townie? Does it being pre-announced factor in for you?

Can you trace why you think Dany's vote didn't seem to come out of nowhere? I want to see what you're seeing/using here.

Of all the low/no posters, why did you pick Barack Obama?

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
The question wasn't the same, but the intent was:

As for the rest... yes that's right?
Witch, I'm calling bullshit on that. My vote for Jack Sparrow has nothing to do with scum voting me/avoiding me. They are not the same question. The "intent" wasn't the same. They are not even in the same ballpark. My answer ABOUT my Jack Sparrow vote also had nothing to do with that and EVERYTHING to do with Day One. I don't understand why you are trying to rewrite these happenings to make it seem like you got what you wanted.

IF you think your question was the same in "intent"
and you think my answer was the same

then you are reading things into all these interactions that are not there at all.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
What's funny is that I don't have you in my scum pool. I have you in low nulls, but this whole line you've pushed today - mad at first because I was talking about you but not engaging, mad because I didn't answer a question on your time (and actually never have), then suddenly being okay with it all because there was a spotlight on the interactions, it looks a hell of a lot worse than it would have if you'd just let it go.

It honestly makes me think you were probably just stubborn town but the attempt to construct something that wasn't happening feels more agenda-driven so I really don't know what to do with you to be quite honest.

Can I get a PIK from you?

Witch

Costume Account
Witch, I'm calling bullshit on that. My vote for Jack Sparrow has nothing to do with scum voting me/avoiding me. They are not the same question. The "intent" wasn't the same. They are not even in the same ballpark. My answer ABOUT my Jack Sparrow vote also had nothing to do with that and EVERYTHING to do with Day One. I don't understand why you are trying to rewrite these happenings to make it seem like you got what you wanted.

IF you think your question was the same in "intent"
and you think my answer was the same

then you are reading things into all these interactions that are not there at all.
Call bullshit if you want.

What's funny is that I don't have you in my scum pool. I have you in low nulls, but this whole line you've pushed today - mad at first because I was talking about you but not engaging, mad because I didn't answer a question on your time (and actually never have), then suddenly being okay with it all because there was a spotlight on the interactions, it looks a hell of a lot worse than it would have if you'd just let it go.

It honestly makes me think you were probably just stubborn town but the attempt to construct something that wasn't happening feels more agenda-driven so I really don't know what to do with you to be quite honest.

Can I get a PIK from you?
Okay. What does PIK stand for?

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
Eh, I won't call it a Wagon, its pretty close, could go either way. I still feel a bit iffy about prisoner, so I'll vote there.
Vote: Prisoner

Between Dracula, Banana and Zombie, I think Banana is town, Dracula had that slip but I still feel that was pretty meaningless, and Zombie is the one I feel worst about, but I'll probably stay on the pris.
Barney, if you felt worst about Zombie, why did you go to Prisoner here? there was a long conversation about it being weak, you agreed, etc. But apparently you felt worst about Zombie.

You said this today
Well, that scum is on the vote is the obvious answer, but I was on that vote and I can tell you that I was also not feeling the Draks vote so I went for you, who I felt worse about.

You can't deny there is a chance this may also have been a scum vs scum situation. If you think someone who voted you is scum, who would that be?

But I'm trying to figure out why you didn't start with the one you felt worst about instead of (planning?? to go there?) starting there.

Banana

Costume Account

Witch agrees with Baby there is scum on the Drac wagon #581
@Banana in #582 you said "scum don't care what wagon develops just as long as it isn't them" okay we know Drac was a scum wagon so how do you feel about the counter wagons + votes so far today

The Zombie wagon definitely threw me, I did not see that coming and earlier in the day I thought I had gone back through and said that I didn't see anything about Zombie that was giving me any scum feelings.

Prisoner I could see somewhat. They seem to be playing a little too coy, a little too safe which could definitely be seen as a scum just trying to lay low. I didn't have a strong scum read, and I don't know if I really think anyone on that wagon did either, but I could at least see a possibility there.

For the votes today, everyone getting votes as of 971 are definitely towards my more likely scum reads. The only vote that maybe makes me go a little hmmm is the vote on Jack but I haven't had much time this afternoon to look over things to see where that might have come from.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
Crowd: Huh, did the pile of bodies get larger? I swore we only tossed two in there... Oh well, nobody likes clowns anyways

Clown has died!

DAY 2 BEGINS

Day 2 Ends In:
4z89725gxu

Majority is 9

Vote tool is HERE
Who was it earlier that speculated on Clown based on the "remove" language?

because the other thing notable here is that there seems to be a neutral in the game.

Banana

Costume Account
For as little as it may be worth here are my thoughts on where people lay on the town to scum scale at this point in time. I would be interested to see where rank (don't need full explanations).

Town
Kool-Aid
Bob
Zombie
Obama
Jack
Cinderella
Baby
Prisoner
Dany
Steve
Barney
CK
Rey
Witch
Spidey
Scum

I feel like there is definitely going to be a scum in that Jack to Steve grouping but none of them have jumped out at me enough to have a strong feel of who is the bad one in there.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
I asked a bunch of questions there but if I missed somethng I'm still on 200 ppp to read Drac and it makes it harder to parse more recent things tbh so link me if I missed something. I'll be back later to finish votes at EoD and then I can take off 200 ppp at last and be free of the tyranny of big pages

Top Bottom