Spectator Thread Switzerland

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
LOL this may work out for nin after all. If he can help them find scum, he may be able to win with town.

A bit against the spirit of the game though, if you know you have battalions there why would u troll the host

lokiduck

Man nin might have gotten a pass by town if they thought he was the neutral, but the attack from puppetmon is not going to help him >>

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Fran said:
Isn't it weird that Puppetmon is attacking Nin?

Why would it attack Nin, who is a likely target for a lynch, instead of Launchpad, who is being townreaded?
giphy.gif

Hi everyone! Haven't read the thread but still wanted to ask; how horribly wrong was my Salva, then LP, then Fran suspicion?

To be honest I didn't want to vote nin there because he was the only player kind enough to unvote and give me time to collect my thoughts yesterday.

Also shoutout to Geno, no idea how you keep up with the thousand things going on in this game. Really impressive stuff.

By the way, hadn't logged into OM for a while and forgot how sleek the site looks now, wow.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Hi everyone! Haven't read the thread but still wanted to ask; how horribly wrong was my Salva, then LP, then Fran suspicion?

To be honest I didn't want to vote nin there because he was the only player kind enough to unvote and give me time to collect my thoughts yesterday.

Also shoutout to Geno, no idea how you keep up with the thousand things going on in this game. Really impressive stuff.

By the way, hadn't logged into OM for a while and forgot how sleek the site looks now, wow.

You were way off. I can see how you got there, especially with Salva, but you were definitely barking up the wrong tree

Also, are we open spoilers yet?

Verelios

Were-elios

Very understandable why you moved towards Salva in your reads, although wrong I could see where you were coming from. LP would have probably been lower on my priority list than yours (also, I loved your giant post today. There was a lot of good work there, and it felt like you had a spark of inspiration in the middle that you then believed couldn't possibly be true so you didn't pursue it, lol).

Oh, ok. That's fine. Caterpie's expression is actually accurate.

Reki, just know that I totally always believed you were Town.

There is definitely not a post in here where I tore you apart and declared that you were obviously Scum.

Funny you say that because D1 I told Geno you may be trying to pocket me with a couple nice comments about my fluff posts.

On an unrelated note: Would an "all vanilla" game be fun to play? I feel there is a need for a game where Town can't rely on PRs to save the day.

Had the same thought! If designed right it could be a quick, small game to improve solving skills without being PR-dependent. Would love to play something like that, personally.

I get why Reki wants people to wait but when scum has the ability to go out swinging like they do in this game you’re better off trying to kill scum fast so they don’t have a chance to plan and do crazy shit.

It's fine to want to kill baddies fast. But then you need to actually solve and that takes time.

In this same Spec chat town was criticized for a) not putting in enough work, b) sheeping into lazy mislunches, c) openly attacking other town and d) not punishing these moves. Which, fair, but then we can't ask for quick action either because you need the time to figure things out.

And even if meanies/Puppetmon get +3 battalions every attack phase, town still outnumbers them and as such gets more battalions each refresh as a collective. The numerical advantage is pretty one-sided in a setup like this until really late in the game.

You honor me, Blarg.

Also wow at that Paint avatar getting more comments than my Yonah one last game, that also took like 10x as much time to make.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
It's fine to want to kill baddies fast. But then you need to actually solve and that takes time.

In this same Spec chat town was criticized for a) not putting in enough work, b) sheeping into lazy mislunches, c) openly attacking other town and d) not punishing these moves. Which, fair, but then we can't ask for quick action either because you need the time to figure things out.

And even if meanies/Puppetmon get +3 battalions every attack phase, town still outnumbers them and as such gets more battalions each refresh as a collective. The numerical advantage is pretty one-sided in a setup like this until really late in the game.

I think it's fine to take it slow and think things through and that's a good rule of thumb for normal mafia, but in this game it allowed scum to retaliate and that greatly impacted the lead town had going into today. It's a game where scum can always have what is basically a day vig shot and they are absolutely going to use that when cornered.

They're going into the next day phase as 4 v 1 v 1 with a ton of eyes on a townie and a neutral which most likely means they're going 2 v 1 for the last day phase. They can pull this off, but it's going to be a lot closer than it would have been if you went for the kill during. (I also think it didn't help the scum reads on you because it looked like you were trying to bide time for scum to get back and cause havoc.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
I think it's fine to take it slow and think things through and that's a good rule of thumb for normal mafia, but in this game it allowed scum to retaliate and that greatly impacted the lead town had going into today. It's a game where scum can always have what is basically a day vig shot and they are absolutely going to use that when cornered.

They're going into the next day phase as 4 v 1 v 1 with a ton of eyes on a townie and a neutral which most likely means they're going 2 v 1 for the last day phase. They can pull this off, but it's going to be a lot closer than it would have been if you went for the kill during. (I also think it didn't help the scum reads on you because it looked like you were trying to bide time for scum to get back and cause havoc.
This is easy to say with hindsight since town has had some good kills but if they rushed it more they could be in an even worse position.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I'm interested to see how Town's reads change here after the Reki flip. LP's vote analysis in particular.

How close are they to end game now? Like one or two more phases depending on Risk kills?

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Assuming the NK happens it should be 4-1-1 so unless something funny happens the next day should end it.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
If nin manages to exit as a winner soon and reduces the player count, I can see Launch pulling it off if his pockets are deep enough. It certainly looks as though he's got Fran (unless Fran's bluffing and playing a dangerously long game), and if he can keep looking helpful enough, I wouldn't rule out the option of him running as a fake town leader, or setting Fran up as one in his favour. My gut feeling is that if anyone's going to give him pushback at the moment, it's Salva.

If nin's lunched, however, Launch will have a bit more work to do. Keeping up his image for longer might be trickier, but not impossible if he keeps his head down.

lokiduck

Is it treason to cheer for nin?
LOL I've been cheering for all the neuts all game, but nin especially after the shit he went through with losing his troops.

Also why does Kalor keep insisting town can't win with Neutrals? Some Neutrals totally can. LOL

Town really meeds to stop focusing on nin and focus on mafia, because nin is right.

That won't stop them from losing possibly since Launch is pretty deep wolf. But nin is not the way to go.

Hopefully Fran can convince them to listen.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
You never know how things might go 1v2 but it kind of feels like Launch has this. No one is really looking at him and those Terra attacks are working as intended and buying him cred.

What gets me about these edits with the avatars is the one meanie looking pissed at nin.

I think salva is getting it... question is, is it too late

I'd love if it was Salva who solves it for town. Like, he's the only one even entertaining Launch's case, even if it's because town is ganging-up on him while also asking "Who else, then? Make the case!".

Go Salva!

Also why does Kalor keep insisting town can't win with Neutrals?

This was a bit baffling yesterday, yeah. Most neutral wincon's I've seen don't involve town outright losing; at most they need to kill 2 or 3 people, but that's it.

With all the powers nin has, entertaining the idea that he could still be harmful - by, let's say, a Vig shot - would be a bit too much imo.

No one is really looking at him and those Terra attacks are working as intended and buying him cred.

Yeah, the hostile bussing was key to getting here, it was really good. If I was still in there I'd probably never suspect Launch because of that + the D1 voting.

lokiduck

This was a bit baffling yesterday, yeah. Most neutral wincon's I've seen don't involve town outright losing; at most they need to kill 2 or 3 people, but that's it.

With all the powers nin has, entertaining the idea that he could still be harmful - by, let's say, a Vig shot - would be a bit too much imo.
Exactly LOL. The only super anti town neutral roll is a serial killer with the last one standing wincon LOL. Most others can work with town or scum depending on what will help with their wincon and what's going on.

lokiduck

LOL it's true that nin lost the chance at his win con when Uzzy nuked his troops, but you can't fault him for trying later in the game. I really do hope nin can turn this around, especially for town's sake.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Town kills Salva, someone runs the numbers and realizes that that's it for the kills unless they want to all-in this phase, they lynch nin. Launch-LP-Fran endgame, he's a madman if he wants to entertain the Godfather Kalor idea. Fran has believed in LP so far, don't see why that'd change. It's all on LP then.

Lone_Prodigy said:
That 6-4 vote becomes 8-5 Stan. No vote from nin and Fran.

You think scum coordinates so that Hawthorn votes Kawl to save Stan and Salva votes Stan to bus him? I don't see it. Scum Salva going for Stan makes it 7-6 Stan.

Love LP going back on stuff to think of alternatives, hope he can be the voice of reason in there.

He also has 177 posts in this game (!!!). Has to be a personal record, right?

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Also, I feel like this is a case where one good Scum Meta read could completely change the game here.

Everyone seems convinced that Terra and Nat wouldn't have bussed Launch and had hostile back and forths with him.

Yet they did exactly that to all of their Scum teammates in Love Boat 3.

So there is precedent to believe that Terra and Nat can and will bus hard. So there is really no reason to think that Launch has to be Town just because Terra and Nat were pushing him as Scum.

Towns best play is to just lynch Nin today, let scum kill Kalor and then no lynch. Force scum to narrow it down. Then play kingmaker.

not Sure that town will do it, but that’s optimal play

Couldn't Launch just blitz through Fran in that case, though? Considering attacks are resolved even if the day ends.

Kinda like... Greed Island I think? Where baddies coordinated a team maneuver at a weird time to win.

Although he'd be voted out immediately in that case, I guess.

End game is really hard.

It is, all that pressure after weeks of playing, thousands of posts to revisit and the unnerving feeling of not knowing if Spec is shouting "Why didn't you continue with your earlier push?" or "Why didn't you stop to reassess?" really gets to you.

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
Also, I feel like this is a case where one good Scum Meta read could completely change the game here.

Everyone seems convinced that Terra and Nat wouldn't have bussed Launch and had hostile back and forths with him.

So there is precedent to believe that Terra and Nat can and will bus hard. So there is really no reason to think that Launch has to be Town just because Terra and Nat were pushing him as Scum.
I think the only scum games where I didn’t bus the hell out of a teammate on my portfolio are Dangonronpa 3 and Greed Island lol

@Reki the thought occurred to me, but it depends on whether fran or launch have night attacks.
Either could really shift the tide going into tomorrow.
Unless launch Nk’s fran somehow, but that would be insane

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
bruh if I was still in-game at this juncture you'd best believe I'd be making absolute dinner on Fran & Launch... most likely tunnelling Fran, and dominating Launch with my troops following my original plan of taking over OCEANIA whilst continuously promising I had no interest in OCEANIA until I had conquered OCEANIA... but definitely not indulging in this "eww Neutral(s) can't win with Town" nonsense

lokiduck

It's hilarious how everyone seems to forget bussing when it's actually happening, especially when a known busser like Natiko is scum lol.
Don‘t quote my posts and ignore their content, LP. I SAID stan was trying to pocket fran. That clears fran. Smh.
Pfft town never reads your posts correctly when you are dead. It always goes that way XD
It is, all that pressure after weeks of playing, thousands of posts to revisit and the unnerving feeling of not knowing if Spec is shouting "Why didn't you continue with your earlier push?" or "Why didn't you stop to reassess?" really gets to you.
Yeah it does >> <<

Also
Don't sleep on launch, ever since t_p died I wondered if t_p was getting somewhere with launch and was killed because of it.
LOL Salva was right here. too bad town may not realize that.

lokiduck

Also gotta love how Launchpad is actually prepping for an attack from others, making it really clear he does not want to die at all lol and yet no one finds this weird.

The dude all game has been deeply concerned about living including even panicking when Kopite randomly attacked him on day 1 LOL.

Last edited:

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
I think launchpad has a better chance if they kill nin and set up the 2-1 ,

I think town has the best shot if nin lives and we get the 1-1-1

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Gotta love town killing town without the scum even needing to get their hands dirty. Unless Kalor has some super secret hidden ability it's over.

SalvaPot

YEAH
Goddamit I knew it, I was so distracted by nin, but the moment I saw launch fortifying australia I was like "Oh god I don't have time for this, I'm trying to focus on nin here."

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
Goddamit I knew it, I was so distracted by nin, but the moment I saw launch fortifying australia I was like "Oh god I don't have time for this, I'm trying to focus on nin here."
the sense of dread about launchpad started to hit me my final 24 hours in the game. I was gonna take him off my townreads in my Read list but Wee killed me before I could post my reads.

Top Bottom