The Garage

Hawthorn

I'll explain my reasons later
Dr. Monkey said the thunderdome was the only day town failed... how quickly we forget Day One!!

That said, it's pretty impressive how smoothly it's gone for the town.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Did you want to purposefully lose a different mini-game, or should I just give you the easiest one to lose?

I hoped to see a different game. I was just a poor ATM, hoping for some distraction but no, here comes ROCK again.

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
I hoped to see a different game. I was just a poor ATM, hoping for some distraction but no, here comes ROCK again.
Yeah but if you were going to purposely lose, it'd just waste the threads time. RPS was the easier way of just handing ATP money :p

lokiduck

But I wanted to lose different games!

i got fun copped by the moderation, i hate cops :(
>>

Fanto was legit considering just telling ATP he won money because you were going to keep losing on purpose, so at least she let you always lose at RPS :/

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
>>

Fanto was legit considering just telling ATP he won money because you were going to keep losing on purpose, so at least she let you always lose at RPS :/

Sounds like a bastard game to me. Break the players, break the game, hell, break the moderation while we are at it. Fun for the whole family!

Maybe it's because I'm not playing but scum has 0 reason to target Kyan over ATP and risk getting caught? As far as they know Hedin's not godfather because they flipped one.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Scum had no reason to target me but the kill record is obfuscating this fact. Scum supposedly went for me the night before I died, that proves that they thought that I was a worthy kill. Scum also killed LP N1, that shows that they aren't always going with the orthodox picks. Finally, add the talking points about me powering up ATP and scum being extremely paranoid of hidden protective roles and *POOF*, killing me ain't that extreme of an idea.

Scum had no reason to target me but the kill record is obfuscating this fact. Scum supposedly went for me the night before I died, that proves that they thought that I was a worthy kill. Scum also killed LP N1, that shows that they aren't always going with the orthodox picks. Finally, add the talking points about me powering up ATP and scum being extremely paranoid of hidden protective roles and *POOF*, killing me ain't that extreme of an idea.
Eeeeh, like I said it's maybe because I'm not there but even with this I don't see it much.

Anyway why aren't they turboing starting from their must suspect lol it's not like they can lose really.

look pancakes main objective was to save the lovers, right?
how does trying to tie the votes for 2 hours and then ending with a no lunch do that?
It doesn't. Just seemed like it could as easily be newer player stuff. That's me eating crow here, I think.

Anyway, I'm already on board, he's just at -2 lol.

Oh, are you talking about that vote that I made like 2 posts before the end of the first day?

Conditional-Pancakes said:
Ugh...

Just for the record then:

VOTE: No Lynch

-_-

weemadarthur

Mad as in angry, or mad as in crazy?
I don’t understand the plan for not sharing who was diced, lol. The scum team knows what they did and if they got diced, they KNOW they did. You’re only stopping a proper consideration of scum reads by doing that.

Verelios

Were-elios
YES YES YES Box Peek!
RedYawningIndianrhinoceros-max-1mb.gif

Hawthorn

I'll explain my reasons later
I'm so glad I watched all the box peek episodes this evening so I can appreciate this moment XD... so much tension!

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I feel like no one is going to post for several hours.
I'm pretty sure Malus and Hedin are both asleep, and I will likely be asleep when they have both sent in commands, so I wouldn't expect much for like 12 hours probably lol.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
bleh at the time in scum-chat I was coming up with ways for [REDACTED] to open-scum if we went with the Dr. Strange plan but of course it's just now I think of the simplest & most effective; just say "I'm the last scum GG all just lunch me it was a tough game but you all deserve this Win, it's me and I was responsible for the Thunderdome too. GG TY for hosting Fanto"

[REDACTED] gets lunched, game persists, everybody freaks the F out, I get green-checked by ATP, coast to the Win

timeline come baaaack

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
best thing is I could've still enjoyed my ice cream meltdown SHOUTCAST and have the cake too

During my SHOUTING, [REDACTED] would open with that line above, yet with an extra preface of, "Blarg stop this is just getting out of control and I'm not having fun anymore with all this caps spam, it's me I'm the last scum GG just lunch me... etc. etc."

ARGH I think it really would've worked

lokiduck

LOL I haven't been too interested in the flavor while this game has been going on lol (it works that I'm a gamewatcher then).

But now I'm watching Box Peek lol.

You guys finally peeked my interest lol. :eyes:

Last edited:

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Not revealing the Dice so ATP can Dice Hedin again is dangerous. This and not getting items, town is getting complacent.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
This is gunna be nuts lol.

I'm unsure who's going to win, both of them seem to be around right now since I just happened to wake up literally like 5-10 minutes after they had both sent me their ready PMs lol.

Wtf Hedin that strat was horrible, of course malus was gonna be around at start. Edit: Just saw you had meetings, it makes sense then. Anyway gg all.

Last edited:

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I honestly thought they might get suspicious when you told them it would only work on Turm, but there were just no questions asked at all lol. I still love how Sawneeks' immediate reaction was just "Ok, our top priority now should be giving money to Zipped" lmao I was just dying in modchat watching that all happen.
^^^ this. was. classic. ^^^

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
LOL in other news a player may get NK'd because a scum member thinks they have a power that doubles the number of posts they make all because of the vote tool doubling glitch. :laughing:

Yeah, I saw his post doubled in Fanto's official count and wondered if that implied he had powers because LP is always good about getting to 10.

Petition for Mrhedin to change his name so we stop misvoting all the time.

For the record I think I did sign up for MrHedin/Hedin but the Hedin didn't get put in on time. I did laugh at Vere trying to vote for me.

The idea was to have Hedin open scum lol. Obviously that never happened.
bleh at the time in scum-chat I was coming up with ways for [REDACTED] to open-scum if we went with the Dr. Strange plan but of course it's just now I think of the simplest & most effective; just say "I'm the last scum GG all just lunch me it was a tough game but you all deserve this Win, it's me and I was responsible for the Thunderdome too. GG TY for hosting Fanto"

[REDACTED] gets lunched, game persists, everybody freaks the F out, I get green-checked by ATP, coast to the Win

timeline come baaaack

That could have worked. It was close, then I went away for a bit, and then it wasn't close anymore and I didn't know how to get that train back on the track but didn't consider a full out claim.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
RIP vere, should have gone with my yakuza claim set up

Also weemad me calling you good really wasn't a pocket attempt, I was just following a scum guide telling me to ask lots of questions :P

Probably won't sign up for a game in the near future, I vastly underestimated how rolling scum could ruin my wellbeing lol
Rolling mafia is really, really difficult.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I had a lot of fun in the Horror Mafia game, but this one ended up being A LOT more involved and serious that I had anticipated.

I know it's part of the game – and I want to make absolutely clear that I'm not blaming anyone – but after taking the time to answer the questions someone asked me to then receive something like "I don't care, lol", then being told that I've been completely useless all game long and that I was stupid, and then being told my impressions just weren't valid, it really made my anxiety go through the roof. And I unfortunately had to leave. I really tried to play the best I could, lol! At least it made clear that this thing isn't for me after all :)

I just wanted to offer an explanation because I feel really bad about having left the game.
Please don't feel bad. Sometimes you gotta step back for your own wellbeing. Some games I remember as absolute devastating horrorshows that make me wonder why I ever play a game, but others? Others are amazing, fun, fulfilling, goddamned lifechanging fun. And those are the reason I play.

Please know that you are awesome, funny, smart, sharp, and we appreciate you. <3

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
For the record, since I was a Vanilla-Pancake I played with this idea in mind:

- Being killed by Town: very bad, no purpose at all.
- Being killed at night: great, prevents the kill of a more useful Town player with powers.

So there was no way I would freely go during the Thunderdome. It was Day 2, and I wasn’t really sure about anybody else trapped with me. So my idea was to fight to defend myself and imply I was more than I actually was so scums might eventually be tempted to kill me at night later on.

I don’t know if it’s as dumb as people in the game seem to believe, but that was my logic.
It wasn't dumb. We just couldn't see it, so we had to make up our own reasons!

The thing about being town is that it's inevitable to fall into SOME kind of tunnel vision. You fight it, but eventually your own assumptions and perspective get you. You were kind of a casualty of that. Someone always is. Kinda like how turmoil gets d1ed a lot. It's really not turmoil at all. It's just that everyone is hesitant to actually kill people when everything is uncertain so you default to certain positions and poor turmoil ends up the one who gets got a lot (even when he's very towny on d1!).

I haven't been able to play lately because I was at MU but I knew town had been losing, so when I replaced in and saw I was vanilla, I decided to throw caution to the wind and try an aggressive Big Town Strategy, because at worst I die and am vanilla, it doesn't matter. But Big Town Strats always end up with someone cut here or there. Reki was one. It's just kind of how it goes. There's collateral damage :(

rac

whatever
Also going to take the time to note that this game, on D1, has more posts than any of my previous games did in their entirety lol.

:(, did i catch up to your posts at least?
btw i really enjoyed the items and design of the days, betting could use a bit of work but i wouldnt know how i would change it at all

rac

whatever
And I unfortunately had to leave. I really tried to play the best I could, lol! At least it made clear that this thing isn't for me after all :)
id like to just echo a bit what monkey said
sometimes town just gets in a tunnel and can't get out of it (especially me)

and there was a time in this game even that i was seriously considering subbing out, i was going to give myself one final night of it and then go from there

mafia as a game is always changing constantly and its hard to keep up with or even contribute at all and thats always going to be somewhat stressful
that doesnt mean you are a bad player or mafia isnt right for you but it definitely depends on how your mindset at the time is

lastly no one will ever blame you for subbing out, this community is great when it comes to giving people the opportunity to just say hey i cant do this anymore
and no one ever passes any judgement for it

My only reason for not saying I diced hedin was I wanted to dice him again and get better proof, I felt like I was the only one there that really had strong scum vibes for hedin and if malus had died I could have see us turning on turmoil before hedin.

But it all worked out for the best anyway

Gotta echo folks' comments to @Conditional-Pancakes. Sometimes games are like that and turn against you with short notice, and can get frustrating and stressful really quick. There's misunderstandings, or people suspect the way you play - >.> - or an innocent comment or whatever, and it may make more sense if you see it like "They probably mean no harm and are just trying to solve me.".

This may sound a bit weird, but I'd be inclined to believe that going through these... "fictional" hardships/discussion - marks there because, often times, they do have very real effects on the actual person behind the keyboard - with others make for interesting relationships and dynamics. Because it's not always easy and that shared experience of struggling for the sake of a forum game forges bonds we all appreciate.

Finally, would like to apologize for my last few comments to you right before you subbed out. You were being pressed for something you were pointing at someone else doing too, but me and others unfairly dismissed it. There's a bit of meta involved here but, it wasn't cool and I'm sorry to have made you feel that way. Hope you feel better :)!

Hey, I was talking with ATP a fair amount in the Hype chat I think >:[

We actually had the 2nd most active hype chat!

Also if anything i said during the game was hurtful, I didn't mean any of it to be hurtful so if it was I'm really sorry. This game makes you paranoid as hell and in my mind im like questioning and second guessing everything anyone does.

Hope you're feeling better anyway.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
If my dice on hedin had killed like stan or donna it would have been such a baller move.

When you cleared Reki I pretty much knew I would have one day left unless something crazy happened. I was really hoping Monkey would have pushed people toward turm so I wouldn't be 2nd in the voting (and I really wanted someone to tie turm and I just to see what would have happened), but yeah I knew my number was going to be up the next day most likely.

weemadarthur

Still don’t think it was terrible the lovers died d1.
I hate arguing circularly about lovers And mixed alignment, while I couldn’t vote for avoiding it, I’m not too sorry to have missed it, lol.

Still don’t think it was terrible the lovers died d1.
I hate arguing circularly about lovers And mixed alignment, while I couldn’t vote for avoiding it, I’m not too sorry to have missed it, lol.
I don't either lol. it forced the game forward and gave me two town players to look at in conjunction with Faddy's interactions. I'm sure it didn't help many other players but it let me solve basically half the roster with how many reactions spilled from it.

And I will concur with the general sentiment of always distrusting Monkey being a generally smart thing to do.

Ever since she forced me to support my own flip to clear up her fake red check on me to get her win as a neutral, I've always been cautious to town read her even if what she's doing looks townie as hell. I do not feel bad about giving her a little hell this game, lol.

weemadarthur

What happened to me being cast with a role cop thing? Just finished reading the scum thread, and ....I didn’t get forced to share my role name, which....would have screwed over the plan scum was making with making me do it, and I would have laughed.

Top Bottom