Scum Thread Ouma Chat

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
Cheers,

Just a heads up regarding our current locations, Oliver is in Africa, Kyan is in ???, I'm in Oceania and I'm not sure VA has moved anywhere yet
Also this looks bad, I think only few people have moved and if I'm not mistaken only us baddies have done so? Oof

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
On the continent adjacency thing best bet is for someone to sit on Europe and argue all the day it's adjacent to everything but Oceania and whatever ??? Is

Nah several people have moved it doesn't look to bad.

Can we use our powers on each other? Because I could technically steal the blood vial from Oliver with his blood type.

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
An item was handed out in the game thread so I think I can do the same. I'm not sure if there is a role that tracks the switching of items though, if so we're going to be goofed up. Like someone can say I saw Oliver give ATP his item last night, I wonder why. Then bam both of us lynched. Is anyone of us a role revealer? Immensely would help us.

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
I re-read and you all have some very neat powers. I think one of our main goals is to find Reiji Arisu(Namco x Capcom character) and have him killed by Kyan so he gains immunity, so let's watch out for some roleplaying no matter how seemingly insignificant it is.

Also Kyan you better have a backup role incase someone tails you, because it seems most of the time you'll be visiting with no adverse effect.

Maybe you can claim to be a beggar, maybe the Matchstick Girl or someone poor in the Fictionverse, your role is every night you will go to a person then if they have your upgrade item you will automatically acquire it.

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
Also everyone, including the townies, presumably have multiple powers? If so then Kyan's work just got a bit harder

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
You can give the Vial to ATP but remember that item movement will be tracked. Make sure that you can explain your actions.

Also Kyan you better have a backup role incase someone tails you, because it seems most of the time you'll be visiting with no adverse effect.

Maybe you can claim to be a beggar, maybe the Matchstick Girl or someone poor in the Fictionverse, your role is every night you will go to a person then if they have your upgrade item you will automatically acquire it.

I was thinking about something along those lines. It is a solid base for a fake claim.

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
You can give the Vial to ATP but remember that item movement will be tracked. Make sure that you can explain your actions.

I was thinking about something along those lines. It is a solid base for a fake claim.
Also we don't know how our upgraded powers work too right, so yeah if asked how your powers will be upgraded then leave it up for their own speculation. But still you need three different powers, unless townies get only one. We need to verify this with a town flip first but for day 1 yeah you're golden.

Vincent Alexander

My best friend is a monkey
Also, do we want to take a bet how far into this game I get until I accidentally post in the Mason chat thinking that I'm posting in the scum thread?

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
Also, do we want to take a bet how far into this game I get until I accidentally post in the Mason chat thinking that I'm posting in the scum thread?
Did you specifically tell Dante you won an item and were you both waiting for it to appear on the Mason thread?

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
So for Kyan's fake claim I was thinking along the lines if the townies all do have three powers like we do, you can claim as Baby Bonnie Hood

1. Can visit anyone at night and automatically get your upgrade item if they have it
2. Leave a flower per night to shield that person from a nonhuman(beast?) kill(not sure if believable)
3. A vig shot because Bonnie has a gun

Not sure if that's believable enough. Anyway this is for when Kyan gets followed only, so hopefully it doesn't come to this. Also on the subject of blood, vamps, and humans it's not a long shot someone else might be actually Red Riding Hood lol

Vincent Alexander

Okay cool then, so I guess people will just assume we all got it from Geno's PM. You can do it! How's Dante btw? Any suspects so far from him? Haven't seen him post yet I think.
Just a little suspicious of Chuggs, but like me, agrees we're both awful at Day 1 reads and tend to be more laid back. Besides that, we're mostly just chillin'. Having a good time.

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
Alright, keep the trust up. Do you have a fake mason claim? Did Dante open up about his role and powers?

OJ, keep up the good work on those fake claims lol

I think town get less powers than we do; doubtful that they are all JOATs, but wouldn’t be surprised if they all got some active role at least.

Vincent Alexander

Alright, keep the trust up. Do you have a fake mason claim? Did Dante open up about his role and powers?
Nope. I think we're in the early stages of a budding friendship.

People are really going in hard Day 1 of a 72 hour day in the thread. Jiminy.

I dunno, she already has 2 items given to her? Would it be a good idea for town to load her up with everything?

Also 2nd scum team doing this crazy Oceania lock? I wish I had gone to Africa now :(

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
I dunno, she already has 2 items given to her? Would it be a good idea for town to load her up with everything?

I'm saying that if I was town, I'd use my power on myself and on the confirmed townie. Upgrading a confirmed townie makes sense whereas upgrading a random person does not.

Spec ship likely is a game mechanic and nothing else.

Vincent Alexander

Yeah. Sure seems like scum move to trap that many people in one place. Make it harder to figure out who did what to who tonight.

Actually maybe its not so bad for me. There were only two other people there before so each one had a 50% chance to use their power on me. Now there are a lot more targets for people to choose from and two of them are roleblocked as well.

I have a few questions, we get to keep talking at night right?

And have any of you experience with players being deathproof before? Like say i get voted out, deathproof saves me, what happens? I just stay in the game and everyone knows I'm deathproof and likely scum?

Vincent Alexander

Yes, we get to keep talking at night.

No experience with deathproof. And yeah---if you are lunched, you simply don't die, and everyone gets confused as shit. At this point, I'd either say (1) I don't know what happened! or (2) reveal your deathproof mixed in with a bit of a fake claim.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
And have any of you experience with players being deathproof before? Like say i get voted out, deathproof saves me, what happens? I just stay in the game and everyone knows I'm deathproof and likely scum?

You get voted out, Geno posts Nobody was lynched! and the night begins. When the next day beings, everyone will tag you in their 1st post and post something between I guess ATP is lynchproof huh lololol and WTF ATPPPPPPPPPPPP. You can't really claim anything but deathproof at that point. If you try the lynchproof claim, you just get shot at and then everyone knows that you lied and nobody will ever trust you again.

Deathproof is so incredibly bastard that nobody will know how to react to it properly, apart from the one counter that almost certainly will exist. If they die before you, you can actually survive the claim. If you have to claim, you'll likely want to claim something else on top of deathproof. I don't know what this something else would be though, but a lone deathproof townie ain't a believable claim in my opinion. Your own powers are scummy, so you can't claim them. You will move during nights, so you will have to claim something that moves.

Deathproof neutral ain't a impossible claim either, but it is a neutral claim so I wouldn't suggest that unless you find yourself out of options.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
lol atp, you are hitting all the newb scum signs in here, I love it. almost everybody goes through the stress, worry not.

There's no need to be afraid, Lux is just a single voice. For all you know we'll have something new to talk about tomorrow and he'll forget everything about Oceania when it ceases to exist. He ain't even naming you so the case is based on mechanics and nothing else. If you were town, would you pay attention to what Lux just said? Likely not, so why should you concern yourself with it?

Don't sweat it. Day 1 is mostly random bullshit guesses and shenanigans. Just whatever anyone does, don't get defensive. And always remember: What Would Townie Do.
lol atp, you are hitting all the newb scum signs in here, I love it. almost everybody goes through the stress, worry not.

There's no need to be afraid, Lux is just a single voice. For all you know we'll have something new to talk about tomorrow and he'll forget everything about Oceania when it ceases to exist. He ain't even naming you so the case is based on mechanics and nothing else. If you were town, would you pay attention to what Lux just said? Likely not, so why should you concern yourself with it?

Cheers guys! Its true I feel super paranoid about everything I post lol at least I've had light town reads from terra and fanto so I'm doing something right so far.

Just gotta keep my head!

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
I'm kinda surprised I'm doing well, usually I get lynched on Day 1 lol. They're practically devouring themselves.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
A reminder: I'd very much like to use all my upgrades on us tonight. I can upgrade two of OJ, Fando and VA if we want that, but it does mean that we'd need to stack three of us on the same continent. The second option would be that I boost myself and one of the three above and for that too I either need one of you to come to me, or I need to come to the upgrade target. Regardless, we need to choose the picks before the night starts.

I know the board state is kinda bad for this, the randomization idea that people have mentioned is good for town. If you don't want to tank your town karma with a move, I should be able to move if I rationalize it with wanting to move away from Salva whom I am scum reading.

I'm gonna move my vote of maol too, the consensus is it was a fine early vote but if it stays there its gonna raise suspicions. Not sure whether to jump on a train like Hedin, or show some original thinking and put a vote there to show I'm not just following trends.

[*Updated List*
North America
- Malus
South America
Europe

- Ynnek
- Hedin
-Fando
Africa
- Myself (Terraforce)
- Muffin
- Oliver James
Asia
- Wee
- Launchpad
- Nat
- Faddy
Oceania
- Chuggs
- Fran
- Nin
- Maol
- Fanto
- ATP
- Razmos
- Blarg
- Lux
???
- Salva
- Kyan
Nobodies
- Sorian
- L_P
- Brazil
- Stu
- Royal
- Vere
- Stan
- Aeleus
- Zipped
[/quote]
I think this is the most updated list from Terra. There have been some other moves (Zipped is apparently on Asia and Brazil moved to South America) but most important I’m not on Europe and actually moved to South America.
Unfortunately I’ve been coasting too much to suddenly switch places like that to ???, but Kyan can take advantage of this and come to SA with me (and Brazil) since its mostly spread out now.

I’ve been playing 100% on mobile, but I’m going back home at the end of today so I’ll be way more active than this.

Further on this, I can try and argue that the Oceania attacks were maybe trying to remove people from certain continents and see if anyone was moved from ???, but that could be a bit too much.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
I don't think I can move. The final option then is to give the Triforce to ATP so he can block two upgrades in Oceania. The final final option is to not upgrade anyone and use me for the kill or something.

Vincent Alexander

JOAT.

1) Modified Vigi: each night, target a player. If they are Reiji Arisu, kill them and become untargetable for the rest of the game.
2) Godfather.
3) 2-shot power enabler. Each shot boosts the targeted player's ability without needing the boost item. Once gained, the boost is permanent.

Blood type A, species: Were-Fox.
I fucked up. Forgot you were looking for Reji. Next time we get an item, someone needs to lie and say it was Flame-Katana Karin. If anyone looks it up, that weapon belongs to Arisu. If they speak up they want the weapon, you got your target. Just have to come up with a reason why we don't give the sword after. I'd have gladly just taken one for the team to make you untargetable.

Vincent Alexander

Also, when do you all think is the best time to split the game into two? I'm thinking with the continent being locked away, and the ship counter at 1, that me splitting tonight/tomorrow might cause the largest amount of confusion and "wtf?" Which at the end of the day is what I'm most interested in as scum.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
That plan might work. Just really need a reason why we can't give the item out. You can't die before me though, losing my backup before dying myself would be unfortunate.

Likewise, untargetable isn't without its flaws. The Ascetic part of it will eventually kill me when someone notices it. I still die to lynches. It's not something that we must get at all costs, but the combo of Godfather + getting scanned + becoming untargetable certainly is the dream scenario.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
The split essentially is a extra kill. I think we should use it tonight. Holding shots is dangerous in a bastard game. Do you want to claim the power in open?

Vincent Alexander

@Geno I just want to make sure I'm clear on the wording of this ability. Can I use it via PM, or do I have to give it in the game itself? And you mention some players join room 1, then other half in room 2, but say it happens in the thread itself. Will we all be visible to one another in the main thread still and just have to work around each other or what? Curious how that works mechanically.

Dimension Split: Once in the game with the command Yamato Strike, the game will be split into 2 halves for a single day, half of the players join room 1 and the other half in room 2. This split happens in the thread itself. Each vote a single person out at the end of the day.

The split essentially is a extra kill. I think we should use it tonight. Holding shots is dangerous in a bastard game. Do you want to claim the power in open?
I'm thinking I'd rather not claim it. I can't see anyway that it would be beneficial to town, so claiming the ability would surely put a target on me?

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Ah, I forgot the halving part of it. I think you still could play it off as a town power. We are in a massive game, killing people is by far the easiest way to solve this monster. If you say that you had no control over who goes where, it doesn't sound too much like a scum power. The power really is only as good as we are, it ain't certain at all that we get two townies with it.

It's up to you. Hiding it is perfectly fine as well. You just need to commit to a pick, if you don't claim this in the 1st post, you can't ever claim it.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
VA, what's your read on A? Just giving the sword away for no good reason might backfire.

Salva would be a ok kill but fuck I've positioned myself poorly.

Vincent Alexander

Yeah, I wouldn't be too bothered. You laid out some actual reasoning. We can argue others after you were being opportunistic and trying to start a wagon off of your reads.

Vincent Alexander

VA, what's your read on A? Just giving the sword away for no good reason might backfire.

Salva would be a ok kill but fuck I've positioned myself poorly.
Honestly, no read. I've had two people bring up the item now though, so if I didn't give it away it could bite me in the ass later. And we have abilities and ways to shut down Aeleus if we're really worried about them with Excalibur.

Vincent Alexander

And don't forget, there were 3 scum teams in Heroes vs Villains 2. SalvaPot could legitimately be scum. You want to blend in as much as possible as town? Just play like you are town and go scum hunting. If we flip other scum, we're golden.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
I'm not worried about the flip, for a moment there I was thinking that town Kyaaa would now be moving off from Salva, but then Maol and Blarg threw those votes down, essentially pressuring me to stay. But now that Salva is gunning for Maol, I think I can spin that to my favor a little.

And don't forget, there were 3 scum teams in Heroes vs Villains 2. SalvaPot could legitimately be scum. You want to blend in as much as possible as town? Just play like you are town and go scum hunting. If we flip other scum, we're golden.
Yeah, this can also apply against us but we should be scum hunting for sure.

Ah, I forgot the halving part of it. I think you still could play it off as a town power. We are in a massive game, killing people is by far the easiest way to solve this monster. If you say that you had no control over who goes where, it doesn't sound too much like a scum power. The power really is only as good as we are, it ain't certain at all that we get two townies with it.

It's up to you. Hiding it is perfectly fine as well. You just need to commit to a pick, if you don't claim this in the 1st post, you can't ever claim it.
I agree with Kyan on this. It doesn’t really sound like a scum role to me, since a lynch is town’s best weapon and all that. Thunderdomes for instance are generally agreed to be a town role.

Further, if you don’t claim more people will assume that it was a scum role, which later on could backfire late game when no one flips with the role and the thread has information on other confirmed roles

I'm unsure VA will be looked at favourably for using it. Its useful to town the longer it lasts using it early when there is much less info out there only benefits scum.

I defer to more experienced minds but I'm not sure it helps to say VA did it?

Vincent Alexander

We can bang it out overnight once we get a flip. I lean towards keeping it a secret, but:

Further, if you don’t claim more people will assume that it was a scum role, which later on could backfire late game when no one flips with the role and the thread has information on other confirmed roles
This is true too.

I'm unsure VA will be looked at favourably for using it. Its useful to town the longer it lasts using it early when there is much less info out there only benefits scum.

I defer to more experienced minds but I'm not sure it helps to say VA did it?
Meta could have changed, but I think in past games townies used their thunderdomes roles on D2 and they were generally accepted. Indeed it’s a role that gets more useful on late game, but VA could argue that he wanted to guarantee it before he died since it’s an extra lynch after all. More players also mean more townies to share whatever happened at the other half thread on the next phase (i.e., harder for scum to control information with the split at the early game).

This is obviously VA’s call though. I just think that it’s credible enough as a town role to be at least a part of his claim.

Meta could have changed, but I think in past games townies used their thunderdomes roles on D2 and they were generally accepted. Indeed it’s a role that gets more useful on late game, but VA could argue that he wanted to guarantee it before he died since it’s an extra lynch after all. More players also mean more townies to share whatever happened at the other half thread on the next phase (i.e., harder for scum to control information with the split at the early game).

This is obviously VA’s call though. I just think that it’s credible enough as a town role to be at least a part of his claim.

My only experience with a thunderdome thing was EZA mafia and it was a scum power. But it functioned quite differently to this one.

But I'm still skeptical haha, but ultimately its your call VA I'll get behind whatever is decided!

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Who was Blarg protecting? He would be open to gaslighting one of his mates with the item, no idea if Ynnek would hop aboard though. He was a dead man so there was no need to kill Blarg as well.

Are three of you in South America with just Brazil? Won't you all have to use your actions on him now?

There should be some folks left that haven't moved. Hopefully some get randomized to SA.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Like the thing in the thread just now. Good.

@Geno If I use the triforce piece, the item will still exist after, right? If the item continues to exist and it changes hands, will the new recipient know what the item used to do?

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
And now people will think that I had something to do with so many people ending up in SA lol.

It will be painfully obvious why I moved to SA after I flip. I did it to upgrade a mate. I have now doomed at least one of Fando and VA to death. The idea that I moved to SA to gaslight a townie and instead used the upgrade on myself will not work, since Asia was more populated when I moved. If I wanted to gaslight people, I would've moved to Asia for the maximum confusion. I guess there are ways this argument could spin somewhere else, WIFOM can be unpredictable after all, but I wouldn't expect those outcomes to happen. No pressure, just don't die!

Like the thing in the thread just now. Good.

@Geno If I use the triforce piece, the item will still exist after, right? If the item continues to exist and it changes hands, will the new recipient know what the item used to do?
Yes the item exists and yes they will know.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Ok. The Triforce can never leave this team. The moment it does, both VA and Fando become very suspicious. I guess I gaslighted Brazil as well, but that is not a worthwhile trade at all.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Now more than ever you can paint yourself as town VA if you claim the power. Blarg is the lynch tomorrow, but you can save the day with your power and offer town an out.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
On the other hand you get to fight the DID SCUM DO THIS TO GIVE VA TOWN KARMA -argument but, hey, that sounds fun!

Top Bottom