Spectator Thread Hype Chat

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Btw funny, out of the 12 players in the game only 3 are town

Holy crap. I can't wait to see what spins up today and part thankful I'm dead so I don't have to attempt to figure it out, I can just watch the chaos.

I think there's a good chance day ends today, Vere is almost at the card he needs to draw, and the cult has a win con I haven't told them about that will make them leave the game and with all scum dead the game ends at that point

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
The postmortem on this is going to be interesting between gambits, flip information withheld/altered, and maybe additional information altered as well.

SalvaPot

YEAH
I knew all along that Vergil was scum lol, I still can't believe there was suspicions that one of the mason chats had a scum in it and they went and shot the bloody fused character. Still surprisingly salty
You got lucky, I was building up to a fused zamasu claim based on my role (I was going to claim future trunks, had a whole role prepared for it and everything).

Razmos

New and Improved Flavour
Is the cult going to Kool-aid?

Will it be blue kool aid?
3wP0q70.jpg

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
Nearly posted on the game thread...

After OJ flipped mafia someone needs to go back and look at how Launch was massively against them being voted out. Looks really bad. And he is the godfather. Kill Launch!!

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Seriously, A should get a wincon just for that beauty.

Also, I saw my flip pretty quickly and I didn't see an edit so is A slipping right now?

Vincent Alexander

My best friend is a monkey
I was really, really hoping that my back-and-forth on Muffin and Vere end of day, especially Vere, would draw more suspicion there after my flip. I really want town to win this.

You're doing the lord's work, Aeleus.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
After OJ flipped mafia someone needs to go back and look at how Launch was massively against them being voted out. Looks really bad. And he is the godfather. Kill Launch!!
It's been my opinion for some time now that Launch is somebody that you really, really don't want to be a godfather. If someone's got a knack for talking his way into getting away with really scummy things as of late, it's him.

So:

Salva cult
Vere & Muffin
Town
???
I'll reveal it. Full spoilers

Vere and Muffin, the directors of the mafia, the PATRIOTS, have inherited the mafia kill and are not neutrals at all, the alt win con exists.
Salva's cult, 2 members strong, Hawthorn and Launchpad, they failed recruiting some nights in a row and used Risk as a big distraction.
Town, Terra, Zipped, Jman and Aeleus, the last stand of Town
Cult of Kosmos, 4 members strong. Chuggernaut, he revived by playing minigames with 7 other players which ranged from ONUW to mini mafias to jump showdown to bowser's big blast. Brazil, Sorian and Natiko, none of them flip with Cult of Kosmos attached to their PM and you don't either.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Damn, had a hunch about Nat after the way he went after me but I don't think I would have ever found Sorian.

SalvaPot

YEAH

Vere and Muffin, the directors of the mafia, the PATRIOTS, have inherited the mafia kill and are not neutrals at all, the alt win con exists.
Salva's cult, 2 members strong, Hawthorn and Launchpad, they failed recruiting some nights in a row and used Risk as a big distraction.
Cult of Kosmos, 4 members strong. Chuggernaut, he revived by playing minigames with 7 other players which ranged from ONUW to mini mafias to jump showdown to bowser's big blast. Brazil, Sorian and Natiko, none of them flip with Cult of Kosmos attached to their PM and you don't either.
This is going to be close.

And yes Launch killed me as a gambit.

Vincent Alexander

My best friend is a monkey
Wowza.

Very nice. Some of these are very unsurprising, but Launch I never would have expected. I really thought they were one of the remaining town. Very well-played. They were my next NK too if I survived the night.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
If I was Terra there is no way I could resist rampaging through Europe & Africa.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Also, yes, like Geno said, we were all went to a special dead players thread where Town and the Neutrals hung out after dying, and once enough of us were in, we started an ONUW game together, which was solved very easily because I got turned into a Wolf and was voted out. I didn't get eliminated though, it went to my Wolf partner instead. Then we played a bunch of Geno-style mini-games, a random person from the losers being eliminated, until finally it was down to me, Fran, and Chugg, and we played two different Micro-Mafia setups for 3 players, I won the first one as Scum, the second was a do-over due to rules issues, and then Chugg won the second one as Scum. Then it was just me and Chugg left, and Chugg beat me in Rock Paper Scissors to be revived.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
[...] Cult of Kosmos, 4 members strong. Chuggernaut, he revived by playing minigames with 7 other players which ranged from ONUW to mini mafias to jump showdown to bowser's big blast. Brazil, Sorian and Natiko, none of them flip with Cult of Kosmos attached to their PM and you don't either.
@Faddy @Fanto So, now it doesn't seem like a good idea to cooperate to eliminate Blarg and me, right?
T9Gqi9t.gif

Fanto

Confirmed Town
So what are like, the things that will trigger an end game now? Like, who needs to die for the game to end today, or who needs to exit with a win of some sort?

Muffin dies--->Vere gets a free card, polymerization, leaves game, this triggers cult survivor secret win con I didn't mention them in an effort for them not to claim cult--->2 factions left, cult of kosmos wins as survivors, town wins by default. Game over. Same thing happens if we go into the night phase, if launch/hawthorn is killed with aeleus. Basically it's very unlikely for a group to lose here but I'm waiting for it to play out because 1. There's a miniscule chance and 2. I want the post count to surpass hvv2 just to say it was done.

I almost feel like being mafia in this specific game was getting the short straw lol
Like I said, yeah it was a short straw, my games are not balanced, they are mostly fun experiments with crazy roles so players can have fun with different scenarios, really everyone that can keep up with this game is already a winner, so even if you lose I wouldn't consider it like, ruining the win record, if that makes sense.

Like I said, yeah it was a short straw, my games are not balanced, they are mostly fun experiments with crazy roles so players can have fun with different scenarios, really everyone that can keep up with this game is already a winner, so even if you lose I wouldn't consider it like, ruining the win record, if that makes sense

Yeah it was still fun being scum and I think we had a fun team, I just had no idea how many other factions we were dealing with lol

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
@-@ I knew there were 4 factions left in the game, but I don't remember most of the shit Geno just talked about. June again feels like it happened years ago so maybe that helps.

What I remember:
-Cartman was Cult of Kosmos but didn't remember who else was with him.

-As soon as muffin claimed lannister I knew he was a patriot with vere.

-I knew Vergil was scum and Dante was town

-I knew one of the town powers was a winner of Risk (in this case blackbeard)

-Some of the town roles

However... I 100% forgot about the dead player mini game stuff, that there was a second fucking cult, and the fake jester. @-@

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Happy Late Birthday Geno! And yes, unlike Zipped the difference between you and me is the same as you and my oldest kid so I have that going for me, which is nice.

Happy Late Birthday Geno! And yes, unlike Zipped the difference between you and me is the same as you and my oldest kid so I have that going for me, which is nice.
Thanks Hedin! Yeah feels like I'm the youngest member of the community sometimes(maybe I am, Include I think was but she's gone now)

Thanks Hedin! Yeah feels like I'm the youngest member of the community sometimes(maybe I am, Include I think was but she's gone now)
I'm 25 since this late November, and I don't remember anyone else in their mid twenties so I think you are, yeah.

Funny seeing those old people argue at the thread.

SalvaPot

YEAH
Thanks Salva! Thought you were older because you own a store and stuff, glad to hear at such a young age you are a successful store owner.
I started that at 19, I was suffering from depression, trapped in a horrible call center tech support work and a college major I was not enjoying, and a stressful relationship that had it's moments, so the idea of the store was mostly a hobby I did for fun and it kinda snowballed into it's own thing. I mostly just do what I feel like doing nowadays, it really is a small store but it is good enough to keep me and my bunny fed.

But I lack ambition so my life-style is not something I would recommend for everyone, lol.

I started that at 19, I was suffering from depression, trapped in a horrible call center tech support work and a college major I was not enjoying, and a stressful relationship that had it's moments, so the idea of the store was mostly a hobby I did for fun and it kinda snowballed into it's own thing. I mostly just do what I feel like doing nowadays, it really is a small store but it is good enough to keep me and my bunny fed.

But I lack ambition so my life-style is not something I would recommend for everyone, lol.
Hey I mean you should be proud of it, small or not.

SalvaPot

YEAH
Hey I mean you should be proud of it, small or not.
I am fairly proud of it, I can get away with doing nothing for several days, I can enjoy any hours I want to, I get first dibs on the really rare stuff, and I have made a lot of friends and get to know a lot of really really really weird people I like to pass time with.

Sometimes I do wonder if it was the right decision, tho, my family had a politician life prepared for me as soon as I graduated, and I also had the chance to live in Japan with my ex and teach there. But all in all every time I think about that I feel this "Uuugh that sound like too much work" and get over it, lol.

I think it's funny you said you believed I was older because I had a store and everything, but I think that's wrong. Most people that made what they want just, well, just did it, went for it, maybe failed several times, but then tried again. They just have fun with it. I think most people are frustrated with their life because they are scared of losing what they have but never really tried winning what they wanted.

Do I sound preachy? I think I do, lol. Well, that is probably because I'm proud of what I did, even if it all comes crashing down tomorrow.

SalvaPot

YEAH
I can already see Aeleus being funny "why did you say Salva's cult, is it because YOU have a cult too?!?! her her" no, it's because I can't see Salva being pro at recruiting long term players, he would meme with his picks and I'm highlighting that point.
Sorian knows me too well, lmao.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I am fairly proud of it, I can get away with doing nothing for several days, I can enjoy any hours I want to, I get first dibs on the really rare stuff, and I have made a lot of friends and get to know a lot of really really really weird people I like to pass time with.

Sometimes I do wonder if it was the right decision, tho, my family had a politician life prepared for me as soon as I graduated, and I also had the chance to live in Japan with my ex and teach there. But all in all every time I think about that I feel this "Uuugh that sound like too much work" and get over it, lol.

I think it's funny you said you believed I was older because I had a store and everything, but I think that's wrong. Most people that made what they want just, well, just did it, went for it, maybe failed several times, but then tried again. They just have fun with it. I think most people are frustrated with their life because they are scared of losing what they have but never really tried winning what they wanted.

Do I sound preachy? I think I do, lol. Well, that is probably because I'm proud of what I did, even if it all comes crashing down tomorrow.

This sounds like you figured out the work-life balance that works for you. My 20s year old self would be surprised at my lack of ambition but I like my niche little safe job even though I could make significantly more elsewhere if I wanted or needed to.

SalvaPot

YEAH
This sounds like you figured out the work-life balance that works for you. My 20s year old self would be surprised at my lack of ambition but I like my niche little safe job even though I could make significantly more elsewhere if I wanted or needed to.
Honestly, a niche little safe job sounds great, too, specially if it works with your life-style. Work-life balance is the perfect way to put it.

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
Happy Bday Geno! I am 29 myself, I like my age.
merry birthday! had my 28th 2 mos. ago :joffrey:
LOL you guys are all younger than me >>

I turned 30 last november

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
I was getting worried I was the oldest but I'm not turning 33 for a few months yet!
And those months will shoot by - at least I get the best part of a year before I start getting those thoughts about where the hell my life's gone again. You twenty-somethings have so much to look forward to!

Sounds great. For the age I was thinking it with Greece in mind, there's a lot of people who until 30 live with their parents because they can't afford to rent, very very rarely do I see people below 35 owning a store, but yeah I do agree that you should chase what you want and if you fail you should try again.
Ooh happy birthday Geno!
Happy birthday, Geno! And to think that you're you're ten years my junior. (Well, you will be once I turn 33 on Saturday.)

(Hint, hint.)
Thanks a lot! Happy early birthday to you too Alexem.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
LOL you guys are all younger than me >>

I turned 30 last november

Oh I'm older than you. My 20s are but a distant memory at this point.

Also, A pretty much figured out the second cult, that is a very good post that there aren't enough people around who would care and listen to do anything with.

Oh I'm older than you. My 20s are but a distant memory at this point.

Also, A pretty much figured out the second cult, that is a very good post that there aren't enough people around who would care and listen to do anything with.
Lol that's what happens when town is outnumbered unfortunately, the cult of kosmos flips town so they will protect each other with all they have, they don't give a fuck, I'd be very frustrated if I was A

Lol that's what happens when town is outnumbered unfortunately, the cult of kosmos flips town so they will protect each other with all they have, they don't give a fuck, I'd be very frustrated if I was A
But Geno, the Cult of Kosmos are basically survivors as well then? Seems really hard for them to be found now that Hedin is gone considering the redacted flips.

But Geno, the Cult of Kosmos are basically survivors as well then? Seems really hard for them to be found now that Hedin is gone considering the redacted flips.
They technically are survivors, but they cut off a win if they are the majority, say if game ends and town has 3 players and cult of kosmos has 4, town doesn't win in that case.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
If a cultist scans as a Hero then this game feels rigged against us from the start. I bet Hedin is chuckling it up because we could really use him right about now.

I am but I don't know how useful I would have been, depends if checking Nat would have cascaded things enough because I doubt I would have gotten to Sorian in awhile.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
A) Wait, so what the heck was my item or could multiple people use the staff?
B) I could swear Aeleus would have had an ability to create the off site spreadsheet and link it since usually that's a no-no, it's the primary reason why I backed off them because I couldn't see scum having that ability.

A) Wait, so what the heck was my item or could multiple people use the staff?
B) I could swear Aeleus would have had an ability to create the off site spreadsheet and link it since usually that's a no-no, it's the primary reason why I backed off them because I couldn't see scum having that ability.
Your item let you scan for 2 cultists at the same time, no the spreadsheet was something I allowed because there's a shit ton of moving pieces in this game and thought it was fair

Don't tell me I was right and nin/hawthorn was a cultist who misgendered me in the cult chat, so annoying having that knowledge and having to keep it a secret.

Last edited:
Don't tell me I was right and nin/hawthorn was a cultist who fucking misgendered me in the cult chat, so annoying having that knowledge and it being kept a secret.
Yup, I lied and said PM because it would reveal it instantly but you caught it anyway, sorry I lied.

I was right about all cult members except Launch? That's actually not that bad lol.

Seriously though screw Brazil, Natiko and Sorian for being such assholes. Fake apologies over the "sorry for calling you a loser" made me want to scream.

Top Bottom