Spectator Thread The Check Out Desk

weemadarthur

Mad as in angry, or mad as in crazy?
The Discworld characters in the game are probably the only ones that I haven't so my initial thought was ehh she's a witch she can bring someone back.
Let’s just say…..Granny is called for deathbeds, where she quietly gives the dying permission to let go…..
It’s a bit backward lol.

also the command should be ’headology’. Ugh. Read the books!

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
We'll go spoilers after the day starts so if you have scum predictions get them in.

rac

whatever
whoops

edit edit
i mean its obvious launch, haw and leo are involved
my only problem was a lack of imagination

nin1000

Chilean German Madman
tenor.gif

nin1000

Chilean German Madman
This just sucks, the moment i come home, made myself an espresso to be 100% ready for the next day to start and now this. :(

I really wanted to solve this game today

• Sad
Reactions: Leo

nin1000

Chilean German Madman
Not speaking on nin specifically because you're going to have to wait on the flip for that but there may be a surprise today at day start.

Oh lord.... this game. Will order a pizza for that. Cant wait to see how this turns out.

HPSauce

Wait, I was right? Fuck
Seeing as we're getting spoilers soon. I'll have a go.

Launch
Hawthorn
Leo
Stu

2 teams of 2. Not sure who's with who. Probably totally wrong but that's how I'm feeling right now.

Last edited:

Hawthorn

I'll explain my reasons later
Hi all. I tried hard this game, but my reads were all over the place. It felt like something was going on behind the counter. I see nin is here too so I guess I can only hope he was scum, but it really feels like town is screwed.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Hey malus, do you want to tell people what's going on with this game for those who haven’t caught on?

My prediction is that there are multiple Scum teams and everybody is actually Scum.

(Credit also goes to Sawneeks who messaged me after she was killed, Kenny who 95% nailed it in his thread, and Randomless coming in late).

What you are currently watching is not actually Fantasy Star Mafia, instead it's Battle Royale Mafia which is an 18 player game with 16 scum and 2 neutrals. I will now pause for you to realize what this meant for Geno's role and win condition.

Welcome back. Four scum teams of four players each. I won’t spoil you on who was on whose team but those of you dead (and those of you who will be joining us in the future) are free discuss as much as you want. Winner is the last team standing.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Also for the one team thinking that people could read their chats....there is no such role in the game. I have no idea why you all thought that but it was pretty funny.

Hawthorn

Hey malus, do you want to tell people what's going on with this game for those who haven’t caught on?

(Credit also goes to Sawneeks who messaged me after she was killed, Kenny who 95% nailed it in his thread, and Randomless coming in late).

What you are currently watching is not actually Fantasy Star Mafia, instead it's Battle Royale Mafia which is an 18 player game with 16 scum and 2 neutrals. I will now pause for you to realize what this meant for Geno's role and win condition.

Welcome back. Four scum teams of four players each. I won’t spoil you on who was on whose team but those of you dead (and those of you who will be joining us in the future) are free discuss as much as you want. Winner is the last team standing.

I love this concept. Everybody gets to be scum!

Ok, why only two murders each night?

did some of your scum teams target the same people or did you actually use the healing powers?

Hawthorn

Also for the one team thinking that people could read their chats....there is no such role in the game. I have no idea why you all thought that but it was pretty funny.

I think I said that at one point, but it was just one of many paranoid theories we threw around -- clearly we were not thinking big enough

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
We're changing Hedin's tag on OM to "Oops, all scum!" after the game is over.

Also every time you all would speculate on Town's chances/strategy someone (often me) would post it in the Modchat on Discord and we would have a good chuckle.

Guilty as charged.. I really thought you would have a medium in the game (player who gets random messages from other players chats)

Wow I was just memeing, that's amazing. The fact the neutrals immediately died is so sad. How do night kills even work? Is it non-consecutive? That would explain why there's 2 kills each night with 4 teams.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Ok, why only two murders each night?

did some of your scum teams target the same people or did you actually use the healing powers?

Alternating kills. Two teams get a kill each night. Also also you can see from the JOAT abilities there is the chance for some fuckery too (which is what happened last night).

rac

whatever
now that i can get this off my chest

when i got the pm my heart sank, playing as scum just gives me a whole bunch of stress
if i wasn't so hyper focused on not giving up too much info i probably play a lot differently
but uh yeah, weird game

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Hedin, do the teams have all the same powers?

Yep all of them are identical, right down to the JOAT typo in the team name. I had caught that early for all of the other roles and totally missed the JOATs for some reason.

Hawthorn

Yep all of them are identical, right down to the JOAT typo in the team name. I had caught that early for all of the other roles and totally missed the JOATs for some reason.

This is like some evil social experiment. XD

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
This game has been fascinating to watch knowing everyone is just scum. Watching everyone trying to keep the thread dead and then being really confused on why town was just letting them was hilarious. Just constant scum tells and people trying to pocket each other. Good shit
You all were so quiet. It was honestly a little frustrating. But yeah, it's basically been a big show of the scum meta for everyone involved, as Hedin said.

Guilty as charged.. I really thought you would have a medium in the game (player who gets random messages from other players chats)
I actually have a role like this in a setup that I've been working on for years. You pick a player and you get a random post of theirs from Outer Mafia. Might be a scum chat. Might be a random line from a spec chat.

rac

whatever
Oh BTW, I feel like absolute shit at JMAN’s read.

like just absolute crap, even after knowing they are scum too
thats the only thing that was giving me pause
if jman doesn't ask for a sub and then make another post after subbing out i wouldve pushed fran a lot fucking harder

and i really dont get that at all

Hawthorn

Wait, was the 25% thing real? And there just happened to be lucky chances so far?

The other teams must be freaking out about nin!

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Wait, was the 25% thing real? And there just happened to be lucky chances so far?

The other teams must be freaking out about nin!

Nope! I lied there as well. The first player from a team that died was always going to flip town. If there was more than on a team in a day/night cycle then those secondary deaths would flip with their real role.

The exception would have been with Geno's role. Had Geno found someone (which hello, you were all scum) and gotten that person voted out that day they would have flipped with their real role.

Top Bottom