Cult Thread Paw Patrol/Spider’s Web/ Goblin’s lair/ Who Goes There!

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Just looking over the day start:

"There are risks to some games, there are rewards to each game."

Apparently the order meant something in battleship and then that game apparently tied. We won the movie trivia but no announced reward other than the win. Just wonder whats going on behind the scenes.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
If it's 15 minute intervals I can likely participate. Kyan said he likely won't be around. Random has a meeting starting then but don't know if he can be active or not. And then Blarg is the mystery man as always.

Verelios

Were-elios
Just looking over the day start:

"There are risks to some games, there are rewards to each game."

Apparently the order meant something in battleship and then that game apparently tied. We won the movie trivia but no announced reward other than the win. Just wonder whats going on behind the scenes.
Rewards might go out during the boss battle or at night.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Wait:

"Once defeated these champions will be eliminated from the game.

All flips are performed after a given faction wins this game."

So if we lose we die die.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Do any of you think they would be very good at video game trivia? If so then you probably shouldn't participate in this just in case.

Verelios

Were-elios
Do any of you think they would be very good at video game trivia? If so then you probably shouldn't participate in this just in case.
I'm good with RPGs, Adventure, Puzzles, strategy, but I'm blank on so many other genres that it doesn't effect me.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
And yeah I have some genres that I would be ok at but for a lot it I would be falling back on podcast listening osmosis or google.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
My video game trivia is only marginally better than my movie one. I can be a champion if necessary. The real thing is the attacks, if this is just a defense counters an attack game, we need to do some silly final minute swapping to get the best results. Would be nice to know what reckless attack does.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Waluigi apparently runs a motor oil business. Wario apparently is just a get rich quick schemer.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
My guess is that reckless would cause more damage but also might open you up to take more damage too.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
If there is a delay then I'm good with having Blarg fight if he wants, I don't know how important those first two rounds might end up being but we're already at a disadvantage so I wouldn't want to go deeper into the hole.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
I'd like a delay if possible. 1-2h would be enough, wouldn't need to be on a laptop in a car in the middle of nowhere lol.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Oh, it looks like the timing doesn't matter on the champions I missed that. We all can attack or defend it's just the champions who take the damage.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Yeah would be nice to have the full crew here if we can.

Since activity is not a factor in being a champion, are we going with Blarg and Vere then?

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
So strat wise, the bosses defend and adds attack or you guys wanna burst down 1 boss?
I think we should. Might be hard though, we don't have the numbers to win this (barring Risky Attack being a meaningful game changer). If defense negates attack, town can turtle and tank all of our damage. We can't do the same.

That's where the last minute swapping comes in. We likely need to Risky it too. I guess it is something like double damage if it goes through but you cannot attack on the next phase it it gets defended against.

Also I will be in a meeting at noon my time, I just had an hour long meeting that I thought would be chill and I could go on my phone and it was absolutely not, video screen on the whole time so. My noon meeting should be more chill than that one but I do need to be discussing things in it with my team members

Verelios

Were-elios
I think we should. Might be hard though, we don't have the numbers to win this (barring Risky Attack being a meaningful game changer). If defense negates attack, town can turtle and tank all of our damage. We can't do the same.

That's where the last minute swapping comes in. We likely need to Risky it too. I guess it is something like double damage if it goes through but you cannot attack on the next phase it it gets defended against.
Yeah, those were my main worries. We can't win this unless HP defects so I want to target 1 to death and risk it on the other.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member

Yep we will definitely have to do last second switching.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
One person should test what risky does. Perhaps not more than that, it does sound like something that we could own ourselves with if we commit to it too hard without knowing the details fully.

I'm guessing risky is either an attack that hurts you if defended, like Hedin said, or an RNG attack like Vere said. Or it's something completely different because it's bastard and it's memes, like a risky attack can hit your own team.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Would have been nice to be able to take advantage of them not doing anything yet it might help us more if we have everyone active.

Still not sure how we win this thing. We can coordinate a bit in here which helps but it still 7 v 5 and our people have fewer HP.

Verelios

Were-elios
Would have been nice to be able to take advantage of them not doing anything yet it might help us more if we have everyone active.

Still not sure how we win this thing. We can coordinate a bit in here which helps but it still 7 v 5 and our people have fewer HP.
We can't. We'll have to kill one and hope that we infect one other tonight.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Assuming that defense negates attack, defense is a wasted action if no attack happens. Bait defenses by attacking and by faking defenses of our own. Switch our defense to offense at the final moment. Kill one and hope that there is something more there, because if this is it, we lose.

Randomized damage within a range might be a thing, but that also is one of those things that not everyone would be cool with.

in an effort of fairness we are creating a side thread for town, the extension will be for a few hours. Ill get a timer in there soon

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
in an effort of fairness we are creating a side thread for town, the extension will be for a few hours. Ill get a timer in there soon

From a sportsmanship/integrity side: this is great
From a we are in a disadvantage and need help: shit

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Seems like Anex is semi volunteering but yes it might be a little bit before we start.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
A few hours feels like its going to be the time when I'm driving home from work. Also we might lose Kyan depending on how long it goes.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
We should actually go for Anex since Z-Beat might not be around. Getting Anex down means one less attacker is present.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Looks like Risky attack has a range. Normal attacks look like 10 points, the risky only took 5 points.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I ain't telling town how infection works but Blarg already spilled the beans

Doesn't really matter at this point. Loki can still protect but not like we can direct who we can infect anyways. I'm just avoiding open spoilers until the mods are ok with it.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I will probably be home for the next attack phase but there is a chance that I will miss it.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
We've seen a couple of hidden mechanics already. I don't want us getting owned by something that we had no chance of seeing. Unpredictability is the one thing I hate the most.

3 normal attacks + 2 risky did 265 - 215 = 50 damage. I'm guessing one of the risky attacks hit for 15 and one hit for 5.

Gonna do a normal attack this time.

Top Bottom