Cult Thread Paw Patrol/Spider’s Web/ Goblin’s lair/ Who Goes There!

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
If the multi test happens tomorrow then I am just going laugh in despair.

I wonder what's the trigger for the base blowing up and how that's going to work. If we can just stall the game long enough we might find out.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
EC was surly in his first post. Random seemed despairing on Discord. Even if we lose these reactions are kind of a win I think.

Verelios

Were-elios
If the multi test happens tomorrow then I am just going laugh in despair.

I wonder what's the trigger for the base blowing up and how that's going to work. If we can just stall the game long enough we might find out.
Trigger is probably like 1 less than half the players are THING.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
I see no alternatives. End it as soon as possible. No explanation will save you, it is better to kill all the discussion we can. Suck that the night chats are a thing but such is life or is this un-life now, dunno, haven't seen the movie.

A group of researchers at an Antarctic research station encounter a hostile organism that absorbs and mimics other life, that's us

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
If I Green Goblin open-wolf but if Random can self-Protect, he then Protects himself Tonight and Tomorrow he just continues to go after me like he would do anyway, so I think it'd be okay to Green Goblin open-wolf

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
He hasn't healed himself yet so he might not be able to self heal but maybe ghost to be safe.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
hi Kyan sorry for ghosting you you know how it is
Nothing to be sorry about since you weren't town. It was a sensible move from a cult POV. Not that it changed anything, you still got shot and I still got here.

I'm with Hawthorn.

Rando with Blarg? That is possibly the worst bunkmate you could get, if he can self-heal. He has no reason to not do it, since it was openly speculated that it was Blarg who ghosted me.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
EC is just telling me that I made a bad move, he's not questioning me that I'm scum at all.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Trigger is probably like 1 less than half the players are THING.
It has to be something better than that. We need +3 if Rando joins the new flesh, but with our position that is at least five days in a future. No way this game continues to D10+, slow agonizing death is not fun to play for either side. People will get even more bored than they already are. I also feel it would be unfair to keep on with the quadruple tests, it is too punishing for cult. The deck was already stacked against cult from the start with us being unable to control the one thing that we should be able to control.

Town did not solve this fast enough and cult did not dominate this fast enough so the fairest way to end this would be via the explosion. One final call, can you catch all the infected? But from a game design POV and knowing how little town truly understood early game, I fear that D4 was still an acceptable moment for town to get its shit together. So if the quadruple tests continue, I can accept that, I just think it is a horrible mechanic that is only fun for one faction of the game.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Even in the best case scenario this was a day what win for cult? D1 1. D2 2, I shoot a townie and majority stays at 9. D3 3. D4 4. D5 6, two random recruits. D6 7 and I shoot a second townie, the majority is now 8.

D7 win at the earliest, and I couldn't get infected. I don't think we are getting the explosion tomorrow then, but any day after is a possibility.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Not that you popping up to chat will do anything to change that either, since you are public enemy number one.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I doubt Random can self heal. This game basically had 2 healers, Random and then myself when I picked who to chat with. If he was able to self heal on top of that that's a little op.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I should make this my avatar for the day:

1631536919844.png

Verelios

Were-elios
lol at me writing down 95% of what actually happened with the infections to the chat with hawthorn

this contact tracing stuff man, not a fan
I was kicking myself when I got recruited. Like damn, we backed ourselves in a corner on that and we can't possibly get out. The irony is that the random recruitment even follows the same logic orz.

Verelios

Were-elios
It has to be something better than that. We need +3 if Rando joins the new flesh, but with our position that is at least five days in a future. No way this game continues to D10+, slow agonizing death is not fun to play for either side. People will get even more bored than they already are. I also feel it would be unfair to keep on with the quadruple tests, it is too punishing for cult. The deck was already stacked against cult from the start with us being unable to control the one thing that we should be able to control.

Town did not solve this fast enough and cult did not dominate this fast enough so the fairest way to end this would be via the explosion. One final call, can you catch all the infected? But from a game design POV and knowing how little town truly understood early game, I fear that D4 was still an acceptable moment for town to get its shit together. So if the quadruple tests continue, I can accept that, I just think it is a horrible mechanic that is only fun for one faction of the game.
So what are you thinking? Players drop down to a certain number or number of days pass? Seems good to me too.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
Hedin, I told Random you did what you did against nin because "there would never be a good time to use that kind of Day-ending Power and since I (Blarg) was a given next testee, I think Hedin decided that this was a good moment to might as well use it"

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
Kyan, I told Random I Roleblocked you last Night and that I didn't actually ghost you, you just said that because you were so upset that I announced to you in our chat that I was going to Roleblock you

Random said he could buy Kyan doing that

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
blarg rando will be heartbroken when he learns the truth

you should not hurt others with your lies like that

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Kyan, I told Random I Roleblocked you last Night and that I didn't actually ghost you, you just said that because you were so upset that I announced to you in our chat that I was going to Roleblock you

Random said he could buy Kyan doing that
that's me

na-na-natiko!

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
shout-out to Ambulance if you're still watching over me I opened with the Green Goblin open-wolf then immediately pardoned myself by saying I joked and Randomless has been responding with nothing but Spiderman memes ever since, I endure this hell for the sake of your memory RIP and tear me apart

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I was kicking myself when I got recruited. Like damn, we backed ourselves in a corner on that and we can't possibly get out. The irony is that the random recruitment even follows the same logic orz.

I was trying to avoid infection. I picked HP because he had just been cleared and if it was contact then I would be safe. N4 I was trying to do the same with Hawthorn when the power went out.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
The last question Random asked me now is "Who is the scum team? I honestly don't know," I think I'm going to ghost him from here

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
oh but I do want to ask him who he's going to Protect Tonight... if he IS lying to my face about now believing I'm uninfected, asking him who his target is for Tonight whether he decides to answer me or not might seed enough doubt as to whether (my) infection is really proximity- or target-based and might cause him to Protect that somebody else and not himself (if he can self-Protect)

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
yes, the villainous invention of a dilemma between him either self-Protecting or being so threatened by me, Blargonaut, asking who his target is for Tonight that he then decides to Protect said target thus leaving himself vulnerable to infection...! *cackles*

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
dilemma deployed

he answered quickly now, saying he's going to keep that info to himself

I threatened to Roleblock him (despite saying earlier that I was out of shots)

He relented and said he might Protect HP Tonight

p e r f e c t
e x e c u t i o n

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
oh nooooo now he's begging me to not Roleblock him and also pleading to the universe in despair that he doesn't get infected now because he's put in so much work for Town that he'd rather lose as Town than be converted and win as scum

1GuASR6.gif

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
fyi hawthorn really believes that if contact tracing is the realest thing ever (she ain't 100% sure it is), nobody got infected n4

She could be lying, but I don't think she is.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
fyi hawthorn really believes that if contact tracing is the realest thing ever (she ain't 100% sure it is), nobody got infected n4

She could be lying, but I don't think she is.

I feel like I had her convinced that double OG infectors was probably unlikely too.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
Truly sorry Random. I blame your fate on RNGsus who delivered you to evil

Finish it happy, don't think your hard work as Town is wasted because you switched factions midway; it's not, your hard work switches sides along with you

If you end up with us and you read this, know your soul, honesty & effort from the very start is well appreciated by a grateful team

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Random, life is a gacha pinball game. You can kind of aim where you want to go but in reality you just bounce around and deal with some good pulls and bad pulls.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
Now I'm going to continue to strategically ghost you Random but I hope you will look back on these next few hours of possible lonesome self-doubt & noiselessly crushing despair and remember fondly just how brilliant my plan was

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I mean if he was really worried about he he wouldn't tell you he's self healing but also I'm still pretty sure he can't self heal.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Now I'm going to continue to strategically ghost you Random but I hope you will look back on these next few hours of possible lonesome self-doubt & noiselessly crushing despair and remember fondly just how brilliant my plan was
xd self heal

get owned noob

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Should you decide to go with Operation Project Ghost Chat here are the chat room names that I have come across:

The Kitchen
The Map Room
The Kennel
The Specimen Lab (have also seen it called Specimen Room but I think lab is likely the right one)
The Radio Room

There should be at least 4 more out there I believe.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Do I try to bait the test today or should we somehow tilt it to Blarg so that maybe Vere gets to be The Thing sooner for some contact tracing protection?

Verelios

Were-elios
Should you decide to go with Operation Project Ghost Chat here are the chat room names that I have come across:

The Kitchen
The Map Room
The Kennel
The Specimen Lab (have also seen it called Specimen Room but I think lab is likely the right one)
The Radio Room

There should be at least 4 more out there I believe.
I was in the Sleeping Quarters some days.

Verelios

Were-elios
Do I try to bait the test today or should we somehow tilt it to Blarg so that maybe Vere gets to be The Thing sooner for some contact tracing protection?
If you can, I would try to force the sparks to Blarg today just for future WIFOM regardless of how the day turns out. I hope we get two new recruits actually.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I only had one shot of that power. I do have a passive where I invite who I chat with each night. I think that is the only potential ability we currently have unless you have a passive that still works.

I only had one shot of that power. I do have a passive where I invite who I chat with each night. I think that is the only potential ability we currently have unless you have a passive that still works.
Yeah that's what I meant, you have that ability. If you become prime scum with that ability it would be very useful, so I don't know how good of a strategy bussing you would be. I lost my ability, not like it would be useful for us.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Ambulance infected Nat, Blarg, and Chugg in that order. Vere and I were random(?) infects on N4 after the power outage. Only The Thing infects, which is currently Blarg who has infected Kyan and now you. The Thing cannot pick who they target each night, its up to the RNG gods. I have a passive where I can choose who I chat with tonight and then you saw me use my active to override the day and force a test.

Ambulance infected Nat, Blarg, and Chugg in that order. Vere and I were random(?) infects on N4 after the power outage. Only The Thing infects, which is currently Blarg who has infected Kyan and now you. The Thing cannot pick who they target each night, its up to the RNG gods. I have a passive where I can choose who I chat with tonight and then you saw me use my active to override the day and force a test.
Okay thanks sensei.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Both of their partners know who they were with I think, although I guess I'm not sure if Kyan completely ghosted Hawthorn or not.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
So what was the blackout? Was it a random event? Was it our power? Was it a town power?

Nothing anyone here did as far as we can tell. It just caused Vere and myself to join by some mechanism, Ambulance and Blarg had no clue we were recruited.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
And now that we are on the same team I apologize if I caused your despair last night.

And now that we are on the same team I apologize if I caused your despair last night.
Thanks, you definitely did, at least partially. Also Blarg kept me up really late at night which influenced me not being able to sleep but hey it happens. If I had better control over my life I would've just logged off.

Top Bottom