Spectator Thread Qliphoth

Stantastic

Our Badminton Stanpion
Welcome to the Spectator chat!
Here is where we get to point and laugh as the players fruitless try to figure out what the hell is happening.

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
Where do I put my unnecessarily large sword?

(I've never seen Berserk. They showed it at the university's anime club once, but I think I went out for dinner instead.)

ynnny

SPIDER
yeah, me too :>

it's kinda odd to watch a game with less meta in play than usual. everyone's seems EQUALLY LOST. yays :D

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
I think already said it was a joke claim. Supposedly something he did over on GameFAQs, according to one of the other players.

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
I also feel where Salva is coming from. The bromance between him and Geno seems very strange. From above the Fog of War, it does seem like they are on the level and are just deep in their own meta, but I can totally see how they would seem suspicious.

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
It would probably be a similar thing if we sent cabot and Kawl to play over on GameFAQs.

...WHICH WE SHOULD TOTALLY DO.

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
I also feel where Salva is coming from. The bromance between him and Geno seems very strange. From above the Fog of War, it does seem like they are on the level and are just deep in their own meta, but I can totally see how they would seem suspicious.
I imagine this is what newbies feel like when they sign up for a game with some of the regulars lol I have a feeling Terra is going to be frustrated by the activity level based on his responses and the roster.

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
Hint: Night 0 actions are frowned upon for whatever reason here, we've had one(?!) game starting with a N0.

This is not entirely true. As far as I can recall, we've never discouraged night 0 actions. It is true that we have only had one night start game, but that is because only one person has bothered to do it.

And while I'm at it, we would never allow a tanner (which is not the same thing as a miller) in the first game of a new season. We reserve those for more complicated games that run later, when we don't have a ton of new players, and even then we use them sparingly.

Last edited:

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
At least two games have started with a Night 0: The Price Is Right and Werewolf 1/2, and TPIR had a ton of night time actions then due to the bidding mechanic.

Natiko

Let’s just make a game where everyone has a crazy, one shot, n0 PR. Then from there it’s vanilla (if anyone is left standing). Sounds balanced to me.

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
At least two games have started with a Night 0: The Price Is Right and Werewolf 1/2, and TPIR had a ton of night time actions then due to the bidding mechanic.

Mm, true, I didn't consider TPIR as having a night start, since no one had actions yet other than bidding, but yes, that is correct.

Natiko

Those CoolestSpot posts. Maybe the most confused I’ve seen a player (excluding Nomad lol).

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
You guys can edit posts in here, but I saw someone did it in one of the other threads, so I'm just setting the expectation everywhere else.

ynnny

SPIDER
no, most of it was pre-game talk, kikimon :>

some of the newbies have awesome energy though and is making me all happies. a few even seem so pro that they jumped in almost seamlessly into playing actual mafia during D1.

* ___ *

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
I've seen people saying scummy things as town on purpose to make themselves harder to read(for future games). It's a good strategy actually.

Holy shit, these newbies are playing 32 Dimensional Raquetball. LOL

Natiko

Whole lot of meek voting going on right now. Everyone’s just sort of following others. I know it’s D1 but come on, try and have a stance on something at least.

Natiko

Way too many people worried about roles when it’s role madness. Someone with a power is dying every time, just embrace it. That being said I probably wouldn’t have voted either player in this situation. Kalor maybe would’ve got my vote. Too much blending.

Edit: Neat PR though.

Last edited:

ynnny

SPIDER
welcome lux!

sorry to see you here so early ; __ ;

grab a seat and enjoy the rest of the show. feel free to speculate and hiss at bad plays or just yell randomly into space, that's also welcomed, too

Natiko

Really not sure what to make of the recent turn of events. I’m with Splinter - Terra was an odd investigation choice, but I’m more inclined to believe Geno than the framer story.

Stantastic

Our Badminton Stanpion
IS A SPICY MEATBALL
23244021_828248690714811_7858268050708370997_n.jpg

Natiko

I kind of hope this egg isn’t real and Salva has everyone talking about non-sense.

Hot takes! May have lost my composure a bit towards the end of the day (still working on that part of my playstyle as aggressive was the name of the game for me for the longest) but I had a lot of fun. Can't wait for the next game already!

ynnny

SPIDER
terra, you are the most wonderful teddie :>

i am terribly impressed by your mafia ways :>

you reminded me of how mafia had felt like when it was newly brought to our community <3

* ___ *

terra, you are the most wonderful teddie :>

i am terribly impressed by your mafia ways :>

you reminded me of how mafia had felt like when it was newly brought to our community <3

* ___ *
Thanks <3

Another guy from Gamefaqs recently moved over, so hopefully we can get more new people to this community to shake things up a bit!

Holy shit, these newbies are playing 32 Dimensional Raquetball. LOL
Not sure if I should spoil this now, but it'd be revealed early in his first game anyway. One of the key players to do this was the guy I was referring to above (Deva) who recently joined the community in the Mafia OT back on Era. I've dabbled in doing the same myself to a degree as well. Makes it easier to cover your tracks when you can refer to past games as reference points.

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
Not sure if I should spoil this now, but it'd be revealed early in his first game anyway. One of the key players to do this was the guy I was referring to above (Deva) who recently joined the community in the Mafia OT back on Era. I've dabbled in doing the same myself to a degree as well. Makes it easier to cover your tracks when you can refer to past games as reference points.

Just a heads up, we allow past games to be discussed, but players aren't allowed to quote directly from previous games. Also, I don't think pointing to your own past performance will go over as well with this group.

Just a heads up, we allow past games to be discussed, but players aren't allowed to quote directly from previous games. Also, I don't think pointing to your own past performance will go over as well with this group.
I don't mean as a direct reference. It's just that after you play with some people for years on end you get used to certain quirks when they're a particular alignment until they get to the point of noticing these errors and correcting them.

Franconp

Frank
WTF is Geno doing now? The game has some obvious rules that everyone should be aware now. Saying he is the exception is just going to help him get lynched.

Franconp

Frank
So far.

But there aren't almost no protective roles for either side and the killing roles are all still alive.

ynnny

SPIDER
game was supposed to be my serenade of bloody murders for seru's bloodlust

THE ANGRY EGG HAS NEEDS

Natiko

Well today’s off to a wonderful start lol If I was in this game I’m honestly not sure if I would be able to rationally view everything or if I’d just lynch a cop claim out of frustration.

Stantastic

Our Badminton Stanpion
Depending on how things go from here, apollo might be in a great position to start figuring some shit out.

and Oh yeah actually said it, the absolute madman!

Natiko

I like the style this game has Stan. Haven’t seen all the roles obviously but just wanted to get that out there.

Stantastic

Our Badminton Stanpion
yin deserves most (really all) of the credit for that,
i just said we should make it a bloodbath and suddenly this brilliant game design just proofed into existence.

ynnny

SPIDER
im like behelit

and u r griffith

(and u have sacrificed the band of the hawk)

so this is like..... FATE and stuff, yknow? yeah. nailed it.

Franconp

Frank
When the game started and I rechecked the design spreadsheet to see who landed each role I was kinda regreating the scum bulletproof. But seeing how the day is going not anymore. If Cool had died all the Geno/framer situation would have been resolved pretty quickly and we wouldn't have all the shennanigans that we have now.

ynnny

SPIDER
i still ragretz it

all ur fault franco

<3 for reviewing and balancing berserk

Franconp

Frank
I think that Kalor fucked up. He shouldn't have changed the vote. Coolestspot's ability is now irrelevant and with Geno's flip he will be the main suspicios next day. After that, when people start checking votes patterns, Kalor will be in a lot of trouble.

Natiko

It was all Coppa's fault. We all agreed ti that.

Keep that a secret until GoT runs. Natiko is around here and you will spook him.
We all know it’s more balanced than where it started so that’s a win in my book

Lol

Natiko

Lucky scum team was lucky. I did the best I could. Again, sorry Terra.
I thought you played well. Not sure I would’ve pushed the fake claim but I’m pretty sure it caused scum to make a poor fake claim in response. Can’t be helped that town is oblivious at times lol

ynnny

SPIDER
Lucky scum team was lucky. I did the best I could. Again, sorry Terra.
Geno! You played super well! Your last reads were analytical and well grounded! I was definitely impressed spectating your game!

Hope you had a bit of fun!

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
I think that Kalor fucked up. He shouldn't have changed the vote. Coolestspot's ability is now irrelevant and with Geno's flip he will be the main suspicios next day. After that, when people start checking votes patterns, Kalor will be in a lot of trouble.
Damn, I suspected Kalor a little early on but he had me pretty much convinced by the time I died. I also didn't mind his vote swap at all due to how long we waited.

I was about to ask Salva to swap, he was pretty much the only person I trusted on Geno. Hopefully scum are stacked pretty badly there? Haven't seen the full team

Without knowing the scum team, I think town has an ok chance this game. Good activity and mix of claims, plenty to work with.

Just need to lynch some scummies.

ynnny

SPIDER
with players who don't even read the game's proceedings, you are more hopeful than i am, splints :)

hope you had fun!

i was actually lookin forward to your lynch, but it never happened :(

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
That would be against rule 3 I guess, although he could've achieved the same without a direct quote.

Really though, what the hell is going on?

Natiko

Kind of bummed, this game has been fun to watch and it just got derailed so hard

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
I can still see a possibility where Salva is town and just walked unwittingly into Spot's gambit.

I think I've become useless at mafia

Natiko

My thoughts by day end yesterday were Salva, Coolest, and Brazil. My main hang up was the idea of the egg and if it was real why would scum start with it? So I settled on only Coolest and Brazil for sure.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
oh my god, they are working overtime to save this. i can't tell if it got just plain crazytown or if it kinda got even better.

Stantastic

Our Badminton Stanpion
people still thinking they have actually figured this game out. smh

its called role madness for a reason!

Natiko

I don’t think this gambit is going to pan out in the long run but it’s certainly the most brazen thing I’ve seen in awhile.

Early on, yeah lol You didn’t keep up the shtick though.

Yeah probably wasn't consistent enough. This is my first real game, so I tried to mix up actual dumbass moves with fake ones haha. It was real great game to play though.

Terra, you were one of the best in the game, holy crap. Great reads and thought out responses.

ynnny

SPIDER
hi CS :D

welcome to the dead thread :D you were such shenanigans, i tell you

i keep screaming at my monitor at your shenanigans, i tell you

lol

hi CS :D

welcome to the dead thread :D you were such shenanigans, i tell you

i keep screaming at my monitor at your shenanigans, i tell you

lol

Hey, thanks for running a superb game!

I don't really think I was the smartest player, but I hope I added some flair, and that's what your response says so...sucess in my book.

ynnny

SPIDER
you were IMPOSSIBLE to tear my attention away from, im saying!

like, completely mesmerizing :D

......... this isn't your first time at mafia, is it? you are so bold and entertaining and UNPREDICTABLE

First time. Also, no one wanted me to do that scum move I did that got me lynched, "the reveal". But that just told me it had to be done for show, at least haha.

Thanks for the compliment, that means a lot to hear from a veteran. I am aiming for "most wildcard new blood player" award.

Top Bottom