The Ready Room

I am willing to vote out HP today. He seems really off this game, even compared to past scum games. As his friend I worry something is up with him outside the game, but I've been fooled by him that way before so I'm going to have to be a hardass here.

I am going to put a vote down on Royal to hopefully get something from him. I'm not expecting much though.

He was pretty aggy in the thing, but he was also driving discussion here hes just sat back after our back and forth

Yeah HP is just angy this game and not putting much down. I don't even want to push him for more because I feel like it's just noise clogging up the thread. Shirou is pushing him anyway though.

The fact that he hasn't done his patented "ISO for interactions between players" yet is setting off some alarm bells for me. He pulled that move in Mafioso as scum at least one time, but I remember it was very half-assed compared to the ones in Scooby Doo 2, where his town!butt was on the line and he went deeply in-depth even though scum!monkey was (falsely) telling him how useless it was.

What do we think about this post in retrospect?:
Lone_Prodigy said:
I'll claim D4. Any earlier minimizes my usefulness. It'll make sense then.
If he's telling the truth about being a doctor, why would this matter? The only thing I can think of is if he is 4-shot? N1, N2, N3, and then N4 even if he is nightkilled the same night by scum, his protect would go through.

Right now I'm feeling either
1. LP is telling the truth and he protected wee last night, who would've been the most obvious target aside from LP himself.
2. LP is scum, and scum did some hydrocannon no-kill bullshit.

I feel like holding off from voting out LP today might be the move, in case he is telling the truth and really is a 4-shot doctor.

I'd be willing to lose HP today and that flip might inform what LP. If HP is scum, we can look at what LP's saying and if it's a bus or legitimate. Thinking overnight, I feel like I might have been off about Ephi and LP yesterday. HP, Royal, and anex as the last 3 scum could fit.

weemadarthur

Mad as in angry, or mad as in crazy?
I think maybe we need to pressure zipped for a claim here. LP was on him and i also noted his soft-claim of invest. OK, riker getting a copy of the report means….there should BE an invest besides me….eh….blarg as tracker random should have gotten too tho…..

What do we think on this claim interaction?

I think 3-4 invest roles makes sense for a Beholder.

That's Ambu/Vere, wee, Blarg, and maybe someone else? A scum rolecop makes sense in a role madness game so that's another option, but having both a tracker and a role cop seems a bit much for one scum team.

weemadarthur

My sentences are not working good, I just popped in on a work break lol, maybe I should try speaking english better first tho.

Oh one of Launch's gadgets could've been an invest, as could malus' prize. That's some other options. Still not 100% sold on Ambu's claim but I wouldn't press there right now. I still feel like we should do HP before Ambu/Vere to see if the flip matches the check

weemadarthur

Conspiracy flavor note: people have been controlled by Romulans before. I think Riker is one of them ;)

weemadarthur

So scum may have role blocked me rather than doc!LP?
They didn’t choose vere or bojack…..
They may be out of roleblock, I figure HP is a JOAT anyway.

weemadarthur

Honestly i was expecting malus to be riker. We’ve seen worf, you’d think crusher would be the doctor, etc.

I just read through anex looking for his reads, and he really doesn't have many, which is why I asked him for some town reads. I feel like he was a much better solver in The Thing, he's not giving that same energy here. I'm going to ISO him again looking for any posts where he is dismissive or deflects or both-sides points, because I feel like he's had quite a few of those.

Reactions: Q
Alright that took longer than I thought. Here's a list of posts by anex with some dismissive or both-sides-y arguments. They aren't in any kind of order, but this is more about the quantity of the posts and the type of content within them, rather than any kind of narrative or gradual development. I will note that the first time anex made a post like this was on D2. Perhaps he felt the shitposting phase was over.
==============================
Both sides argument:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...-except-in-mafia.488278/page-19#post-73880170

Actually I haven’t been completely logical argument:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...-except-in-mafia.488278/page-22#post-73918474

HP is participating but of course scum would participate anyway:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...-except-in-mafia.488278/page-34#post-74146893

I haven't focused much on individual people (to which I say, how do you play mafia then?):
https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...-except-in-mafia.488278/page-30#post-74129292

This is a good post except also maybe not:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...-except-in-mafia.488278/page-30#post-74128419

Participation is good except when it’s bad:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...-except-in-mafia.488278/page-30#post-74123064

Everyone is confused including me (tbf the rest of this post isn’t bad):
https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...-except-in-mafia.488278/page-29#post-74104284

Very large post that includes downplaying reasons for Leo being killed, hesitation in posting full reads list for fear of being wrong and your list being used against you:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...-except-in-mafia.488278/page-29#post-74104056

Scum would never argument:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...-except-in-mafia.488278/page-28#post-74050039

Holding back your reads could be scum but also not:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...-except-in-mafia.488278/page-24#post-73941007

WIFOM argument:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...-except-in-mafia.488278/page-23#post-73927828

Another scum would never argument:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...-except-in-mafia.488278/page-23#post-73924618
=================================
This is a lot of posts that are wishy-washy and downplay arguments. It's a bit rich coming from me because I could be accused of doing the same thing in the past. I like evaluating all possibilities and then pursuing the one that seems best to me, but when I vomit all that information into the thread it can appear non-committal and like I am hedging my reads, which is a scummy behaviour. This is something I am actively working on improving in my play and I think I've done a little better with it this game so far, but the fact that I have that inclination, I think has helped me better recognize when other players do it as well. anex doing this, as well as not posting many reads and not really solving like he did in The Thing, is definitely raising some flags for me and putting him in my PoE. Also unlike myself when I do this behaviour, anex is not lighting the thread on fire with a huge quantity of posts in general, so these wishy-washy posts take up a disproportionately large percentage of his posts.

Yeah, that's my view on anex at the moment. He seems to skirt around a lot of issues.

Honestly, I think today is a good day to mine for flavour, especially on those who have claimed. We have all our flavour names, might help to just organise things more if we have the rest. Have LP, Ephi, Vere, Zipped, malus given their names yet?

I'm going to post a cleaned up version of my anex ISO post in the thread, I'll probably put a vote down there after, I'm not committed to my Royal vote at the moment. I would prefer HP to anex today but I think getting some dueling wagons going would be good.

I am going to read through anex from The Thing first though, to see if my suspicions that he's playing differently this game are really true.

No, can keep that close to the chest. Weird that no one's asked yet. Think people are a bit jumpy now they've been called out for fishing for that kind of info lol

Any theory behind Ephi's strange numbers and letters?

weemadarthur

Yeah, that's my view on anex at the moment. He seems to skirt around a lot of issues.

Honestly, I think today is a good day to mine for flavour, especially on those who have claimed. We have all our flavour names, might help to just organise things more if we have the rest. Have LP, Ephi, Vere, Zipped, malus given their names yet?
Just Malus.
I’m baiting ephi to confirm hers.

weemadarthur

Any theory behind Ephi's strange numbers and letters?
Has she had more than one Post with them?
I replied to the one post thinking she was confused on what night last night was. But maybe i’m wrong and there’s some meaning that would come with her flip.

I tried to reread her but honestly the previews you get combined with her long-form style means I have to open EVERY post and i’m not this motivated.

• Wow
Reactions: Q

weemadarthur

Zipped is confusing me right now.
A stubborn female character could be Lwaxana Troi, since Ro has already flipped.

But i’m not sure why he’s so protective of his identity nor of wtf he is.

Has she had more than one Post with them?

Started D2. Posted 3N, then 2Y, now 4N. No idea why. Does it once a day.

Started D2. Posted 3N, then 2Y, now 4N. No idea why. Does it once a day.
Oh good catch. This is definitely weird. It could be part of her role, Fanto loves that kinda stuff.

I agree with preferring to not out myself that I am in here, as well. It just puts a target on me for no reason. I am effectively vanilla now so if we're put into a situation where we want to draw the night kill away from PRs, I am willing to be outed for that purpose and potentially sacrificed. I think there's more value in keeping quiet right now.

weemadarthur

Oh, yesses and nos.
so she is actively polling spec.

which means her results may not even be mod confirmed.

which means the info is worthless :P
i’ve had that oracle sort of role before.

So you think she's asking spec questions like "this game has recruitment roles"?

They wouldn't necessarily know this stuff, surely? What a weird role lol

So what if jman was the cause of our wrong red check?

Scum call his bluff by switching him with Sneeks and killing Sneeks as a defacto strong kill, thus killing two birds with one stone. From his initial post, it sounded like he could've been a Miller or a Paranoid Gun Owner or something. Probably not a Bomb because he told folks to vote him out if they didn't trust him.

weemadarthur

Doesn’t matter who was switched really, the damage was done. Night motions will only matter if some invest can see a scum perform a kill or what have you.

So... Anex's claim.

I've made my thoughts known in the main thread. Not buying it right now. I mention at the end that I think he might be a good combo with Blarg's tracker, and the more I think about it, the more I buy the idea. Still a lot of faulty logic in his ideas, though it could be because it's their second game.

Think that claim might actually be the nail in his coffin today. He's given us enough time to dissect it. Any chance he is actually town?

I don't really buy anex's claim either. It just seems too convenient. It creates an excuse for why he hasn't been solving and posting reads, it further pushes his top "scumread" HP, it gives him a future excuse to avoid engaging in the game.

Him going into panic mode after getting 2 votes on him is not particularly inspiring either.

I want to press him on more specifics of the role but I'm not really expecting that to change my mind so I might just leave it.

Oh also he claimed he has unlimited shots of roleblock. That seems pretty ridiculous so I also don't believe that. Every role has been x-shot so far, except Q which is a weird enough role on its own. While you could argue that a balancing decision behind that would be that if everyone else is x-shot, eventually the roleblock won't matter. And for a scum roleblocker, that is correct. But for a town roleblocker, they could keep blocking the scum factional kill forever. That seems off, to me.

I dunno, it just seemed real fast. Who subs into a game and goes "I'm going to fake claim miller" lol

I admittedly need to look back and see just how quick he was. But I already thought jman's gambit had town jman all over it, so he came in low on my suspicion list.

But yeah, why he's so focused on HP I do not know. Maybe he's just being nice? Sees HP is down, tries to defend him a bit from a human point of view. Nothing game related. Saying that, HP hasn't been helping themselves. I wanted to do an ISO on their reads, but I had nothing to say about them. They're just that basic. Always prompted by someone else.

It could have been scum Jman's gambit from the beginning and been talked about in scum chat.

Its whatever, I just think he is raising alarm bells for me.

I think the idea thst scum didn't try to save blarg is weird to bring up because the push was mostly town driven and it could just be the case the scum team are already being heavily scum read and couldn't do anything to save blarg

The Blarg wagon felt pretty clean to me. I like most of the names there. LP is the only one that gives me real pause. If it was a big town surge, how was scum supposed to save Blarg? They'd be smarter to just let it go instead of implicating themselves.

Very true, I'll keep my eye on Nat. They fooled me in Scooby Doo 2 so...

The only possible suspects on the Blarg wagon to me are LP for the last-minute hammer and maybe Ephi. Ephi was also on Blarg D2 which someone called out at the time. Potential for a long-term bus.

HP 2-shot double vote is making me slide him a bit further to the townie side of the scale. I know he's been having some issues in his personal life lately so maybe that is the reason for his play this game. I am wary of being fooled by HP tugging at my heart strings again though. He knows I'm sensitive.

2-Shot Scum Double Voter is such an extremely weird role, even for a Role Madness game. I know the Q role was really out there but so far nothing else we've seen has been too weird, though Neki's role was kinda strange.

I really want him to be scum because if hes town the whole pity thing is frustrating. I was on him hard d1 and maybe I went too hard at him but that's because I've seen strong town hp and we weren't getting any of that and I think he blew up after only getting 2 votes put on him.

I dont see why a double vote can't be scum and I'd like to think town hp would have had more town fight in him, giving up like this stills feels scummy to me.

Yeah that's how I feel. If it's town HP I'm going to be sad and a bit upset. The ability is really saving him. If he had an unverifiable claim he would've been gone already.

If it wasn't for the bad red check he would have been gone d2 even with his double vote power I reckon.

weemadarthur

Nat could be scum. I never did get a read on jman. Why not.

but anex IS scum, so we may as well get rid of him now.

Tasha Yar for Zipped's flavour?

I'm not a Trekkie but a quick google says she was a security chief and died in the first season. Would make sense as a bodyguard.

weemadarthur

Tasha Yar for Zipped's flavour?

I'm not a Trekkie but a quick google says she was a security chief and died in the first season. Would make sense as a bodyguard.
It actually would

In fact, between that and malus’ BP, it would throw LP’s claim into “more doubtful” territory.

However it’s WEIRD not to have a doctor in a trek story. Maybe she was kidnapped in the preview and is being forced to help in some civil war.

weemadarthur

Real problem is, a 2-time double vote COULD actually be a town role meant to make up for neki.

We probably still have to flip HP though.

weemadarthur

I’ve got my eye on ephi again with that off-wagon vote on zipped. Gotta see where she lands up when it ends.

RN it’s her Y/N inclusion in posts that makes me think she’s town, that’s a lot of effort since she didn’t say what it MEANT - in making a blind that few people would catch and understand.

weemadarthur

Has anyone ever Seen, in our community, a “pointless spec-polling oracle” role BE scum?

…..ok yes, i know why fanto hates me….:P

weemadarthur

Hmmm i don’t see how zipped could be a commuter and still KNOW nothing happened to whoever last night. It doesn’t make sense.

so, you may have been randomly role blocked.
Oh shit.

We need as a group to reread zipped. He must have crumbed his targets.

weemadarthur

Natiko sure is dragging out the “i’m totally voting anex, just give me ONE MORE EVIDENCE, because I didn’t read it myself” Vibe. Only *I* get to be this lazy.

I’m calling Wee Hypocrisy Scum Hunting technique red check on natiko.

Yeah I don't know if I buy Nat is actually this lazy.

Ephi coming in with some weirdness. I don't know what to make of the Zipped vote. I'm not 100% confident in my read on Zipped, I just don't know what she expects to happen doing this right before EoD.

weemadarthur

I’m not sure on fate actually.
he’s actually been LESS offensive to people than normal, lol. Royal is not normally a polite sort of player either. They deserve each other.

Probably I’m not dead because my reads were bad. Zipped seems confused why his obvious targets as a bodyguard haven’t been killed. Still don’t see why we’d have a bodyguard AND a doctor, so for me either LP OR zipped may not be town, but probably not both, although zipped keeps changing his hints around, if I get time I’ll reread him completely.

weemadarthur

right, that’s why i’m WATCHING ephi. She ought not to be off over there. Even if she’s right lol. she did SAY she was only parking it, but….
it’s still scummy looking behavior right now. And she just doubled down on the Y/N importance. That’s still the bit that gets me. It sounds like a town role. [i HAAAAATE judging reads based on roles but I really don’t want to waste a day killing a town either].

I'm gonna reread Zipped over night. Even if I die (which seems kinda unlikely but who knows, I'm being townread a lot) I can post my findings here.

weemadarthur

Welp. Zipped is all “if he’s town it’s YOUR fault” and he didn’t catch my question either lol.

weemadarthur

I checked the wiki on O’Brien playing poker, and he DID. I hadn’t recalled it very well because the more memorable episodes with poker didn’t include him. But I don’t see malus as scum.

random, maybe lol. but playing really well if so.

royal is doing his own thing, which mimics what we are doing in here a lot. But he doesn’t know we’re doing it, and it needed doing. So i don’t feel bad about him. I feel the same about fate as i do royal. I feel worse about natikoman.

I'd really like to see if Zipped is actually a bodyguard. If so I think LP is scum. Bodyguard + Roleblocker = who needs a Doctor anyway.

Why did anex wait until Night 3 to use his first shot if he was 2-Shot? I don't understand.

Okay so there was some other reason why BoJack got refunded.

Yeah we need to press LP to full claim tomorrow. I don't think he's dying tonight.

I was hoping today we could get dueling wagons with HP and anex but instead the anex train went from 2 to turbo in less than an hour. That wagon is not clean. LP, Vere, Nat, and Zipped, one of them is scum for sure.

I think LP or HP tomorrow is good.

Yeah anex blocked hp, if hp is scum he would definitely be doing the night kills

I think Nat rubbished that idea so I could see hp, lp and Nat as remaining scum

Okay I am really thinking LP is scum now and there's just no Doctor, damn.

HP could be scum too. Roleblocker being a traditional scum role as town, and double voter being a traditional town role as scum? It balances out in a way. We've already seen quite a few pairs of roles balanced in this way this game.

Top Bottom