YorHa Headquarters

HPSauce

Wait, I was right? Fuck
Animal loving machine...Launch fake claimed 'king of the forest'...zeke maybe picked up on this. Is Launch gonna lose because of a fake claim lol?

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
Animal loving machine...Launch fake claimed 'king of the forest'...zeke maybe picked up on this. Is Launch gonna lose because of a fake claim lol?
King of the Forest also makes no sense as a jailer LOL.

the role was included as a vanilla fake claim that wouldn't be recruitable since there's no machine in the game LOL or just a power like maybe a commuter or something.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Town got a little lucky this game. Blocked c4 kill, the no kill night, and then this.
Random getting flipped n1 ended up helping town, too. The luck gave them time to solve, though. It’s heartening to see it’s investigation and not just luck - it’s taking advantage of what they had.

lokiduck

Town got a little lucky this game. Blocked c4 kill, the no kill night, and then this.
Best part is a lot of that luck is also based on the various factions helping with it.

Like Maol having Cat jail c4 on night one and killing Random, the scum teams in general ignoring the vanilla towns and Thorny... and of course c4 getting killed when he was.

The game would have been way different if c4 had made it further or town hadn't learned so early about the two scum teams.

Also fun fact: if the other scum team had targeted Monkey with the NK they would have recruited her. They didn't know this could happen so we don't know if they would have done it if told about it, but alas it wasn't meant to be I guess.r
I would have absolutely recruited Monkey if I had known this was an option instead of going nuclear on her lol.

Feel like we got screwed by going after the other non town roles too well. And normally it's a good thing for wolves to ignore vanillas for the PRs that can wreck you, but this time they were able to lock into a core that's nigh impossible to break.

Lone_Prodigy

Am I at 10 posts yet?
Ironically town PRs weren't much of an impact.

Anex and Sneeks died early
HP's shot was blocked
Jman gave items to scum
Neki targeted scum
Hedin picked town for his dome

Stan did successfully protect though and EC didn't cause any townie deaths.

Always tough when scum has too many targets, but I guess in this game it would've helped to kill an active vanilla.

HPSauce

Wait, I was right? Fuck

HP's shot was blocked
Jman gave items to scum
Neki targeted scum

Always tough when scum has too many targets, but I guess in this game it would've helped to kill an active vanilla.
Yeah lol

HP's shot was blocked
Jman gave items to scum
Neki targeted scum

I wanted to Kill Zeke but there was never a great opportunity to do so since there kept being claims that I felt could screw us if I got targeted.

lokiduck

I would have absolutely recruited Monkey if I had known this was an option instead of going nuclear on her lol.

Feel like we got screwed by going after the other non town roles too well. And normally it's a good thing for wolves to ignore vanillas for the PRs that can wreck you, but this time they were able to lock into a core that's nigh impossible to break.
I tink originally we made it so that recruit would have happened with any scum night action targeting final scum on the other team, but we balanced it later via being night kill only.

This is def a regret of mine now that I found out you would have been cool recruiting her LOL.

That and maybe have more nights of the gossip chat to try and encourage more cooperation.

lokiduck

I wondered what he was thinking when I spent most of the end imitating Sparks
@Randomless What did you think
509012305741217806.png

HPSauce

Wait, I was right? Fuck
I'm glad I successfully baited scum into killing me too. I was probably a feasible misvote so that helped town a bit I think.

I tink originally we made it so that recruit would have happened with any scum night action targeting final scum on the other team, but we balanced it later via being night kill only.

This is def a regret of mine now that I found out you would have been cool recruiting her LOL.

That and maybe have more nights of the gossip chat to try and encourage more cooperation.
Well, yeah, after her flip, we were definitely at a disadvantage in terms of numbers. 2 vs 10 is stacked against us no matter how you shake it. I knew Monkey was scum almost as soon as she subbed in from how she was playing. If I had been able to recruit her, the numbers shifting to a slightly better balance for scum would have been worth it.

lokiduck

Well, yeah, after her flip, we were definitely at a disadvantage in terms of numbers. 2 vs 10 is stacked against us no matter how you shake it. I knew Monkey was scum almost as soon as she subbed in from how she was playing. If I had been able to recruit her, the numbers shifting to a slightly better balance for scum would have been worth it.
yeahhh. Not rewording Monkey's PM so her power was more clear and not making it any action are def my biggest regrets.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I keep waiting for them to relook at vote data after Maol's flip. Given the flip and the core Cheshire stands out more I think.

But if that was the plan, why wouldn't they have arranged it so that Maol claimed before Launch did, in order to make his track claim seem more credible?
Because we were both waiting for Neki to say what he got from his fishing rod, lol. Launch was up before me this morning and went with claiming jailer, to get ahead of Neki outing him if he claimed vanilla instead.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Can't believe nobody has pointed out that Launch is clearly avoiding the thread lol

I always try to be careful with that because you never know what RL stuff may be happening. It is suspicious but there could be also just be legitimate reasons why they aren't around.

lokiduck

I'm pretty sure his early night actions were straight up not helping town at all lol
or when he was going to force Neki to target Stan meaning Neki wouldn't have been able to role fish at all. Luckily Neki was out of shots. XD

HPSauce

Wait, I was right? Fuck
He voted Maol yesterday and he's voting Launch today. Is he just picking names out of the hat? Maybe. But if people followed him town would've won.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I always try to be careful with that because you never know what RL stuff may be happening. It is suspicious but there could be also just be legitimate reasons why they aren't around.
There’s RL busy and then there’s the enthusiasm tell. Launch was there before. He could have at least hung out for the flip, but he didn’t because he knew.

EC has played fine in thread. He’s very town. And that post about losing no matter what was THE towniest reaction lol. His night actions are kinda meh but that’s a weird role.

As much as I’ve hard townread Neki I will admit he hasn’t looked great this phase. We know it’s frustration but it would have me doubting if I was in thread too. But I don’t think I’d ignore Launch. Thorny seems to be considering every angle but scum trying to hard clear each other, which is weird for her. Seems to me the goal was just to cement one of them as clear.

Anyone will be able to see a bit of my thought process there when the chats open up, but I didn't really know who in particular was in there with me. What I did recognize were various "isms" my chat partner(s) was using from other players, including Sneeks' :<, Zeke's truffleshuffle, some Chuggs-isms which Monkey also picked up on, and of course going hard as Sparks. Sparks was my scummate so I knew this chat partner was just going for the cosplay bingo, so I felt it unlikely that any of the names I picked up on would be the person(s) who were actually in there with me. I absolutely believed my chat partner to be an enemy faction of some sort that I had a possibility of working with, either another scum team, a cult, or even a powerful killing neutral role. That's why I tried to offer the non-aggression pact based on fake claims, but that went out the window when Sorian claimed neutral D1, ruining my fake claim from the gossip chat, and I was murdered N1.

I tried to change my posting style in the chat because imo I have a pretty distinctive posting style. I think I ended up sounding like Shirou by accident, which my chat partner did pick up on. I'm sorry Shirou, I promise I wasn't trying to cosplay as you it just kinda happened.

Lone_Prodigy

Am I at 10 posts yet?
Flipped scum doctor and scum tracker but scum jailer wasn't a possibility?

If only I reread Cheshire instead of Neki.

lokiduck

So fun fact now that Zeke is dead. If Thorny had died, then no matter what at game end he would have assumed leadership of the cult and lead the cult off on a rocketship (so even on a scum win lol) making the cult into a science one.)

If @Lone_Prodigy had been recruited and Zeke and Thorny were dead he would have made it into a Sartre Fan cult tho that ending was dependent on a town win.

If both were alive it would have depended on who was cult leader.

Top Bottom