Spectator Thread Chilling at Neutral Holy Ground

weemadarthur

Mad as in angry, or mad as in crazy?
Actually it screwed over day two.....that uh....I can take a hint and zipped was obviously related to sky, I’d have gone in hard on NOT killing sky. No wiat. Me talking to sky is in spec here.

....I got dumber.

Last edited:
No, it’s because he’s been your strongest defender.

Launch out there lying about me and night chats, smh.

2yMVoOH.gif

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
:surprised: We forgot to notify someone about something that happened to them. Good news is they didn't do anything so I don't have to tell them in thread not to do that.

lokiduck

I am still somewhat astounded at people's ability to insist that there absolutely must be a connection between me and fateshirou on the basis that we had a brief back and forth across fifteen minutes.
I find it amazing that people think Shirou was your partner too :surprised: It seems obvious to me who it is but I am the gamerunner sooo....

lokiduck

So I guess I’m gonna be the one to say it. A tracker and a motion detector for town in an 18 person game? Game design and balance can be fickle so it’s not impossible, but it is a bit unusual.
Okay this is almost pretty close but what about the vouyer ;w;

lokiduck

Not like he can select a target, it’s too insular.
It's still an information role and even more powerful in that it learns what powers might be in the game if his target gets targeted.

I mean would you really see me putting in three roles that give info on movement in town???

Last edited:

weemadarthur

It's still an information role and even more powerful in that it learns what powers might be in the game if his target gets targeted.

I mean would you really see me putting in three roles that give info on movement in town???
Oh i’m not kidding about “wee promises not to write games”, it’s not just a meme. I have no idea how t write or balance games.

lokiduck

Weekends man XD I left for a few hours to play Stardew with friends and barely even a page has happened :I

I feel like there is definitely scum in there somewhere. Like I said on Day 2, Launch is operating with some massive blindspots right now, and I am back and forth on whether or not they are willful or not.

I do kinda think my vote on SalvaPot is where someone decided to go all in on lynching me, at the very least.

turmoil7

Imperial Corps Commander Who Cheers the Army
Salva is 404? Like, website not found 404??

Yeah it's just a perfect fit
It really baffles me sometimes how there can be so much dancing around with the votes in a situation like this. "Salva's looking dodgy as all hell after those claims, but you know what? Let's boot Edgey instead! Anyone? No? Alright, let's boot Natiko instead!"
Well, it's boring if nothing happens in the last hours of the day

SalvaPot

YEAH
I dug myself in my personal chat and from there I just decided to double down and dig deeper to see if i could be SO scummy I was actually AND IT ALMOST WORKED.

I feel so bad for Launch at every step of the way.

And sorry Loki I was really busy with work (Last week was Funko Fair so I had to run preorders) and I actually did follow the game but i tried to coast and the lack of paying attention bite me in the ass.

Also dammit I should have gueesed that the servant doesn't go with the master if they are different alignment, I laughed out loud, well played.

I feel my team is in a good position to win this.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Yeah I thought you were in good shape so I didn't know why you were going with the fake claim. I supposed that maybe you thought it might take a decent servant role out but still was iffy on that.

Okay, let me take a wild game mechanic guess here. Servants dissipate at the end of Night phase, rather than immediately, don't they? Is there someone out there who can interact with unpaired Servants during Night phase?

SalvaPot

YEAH
Yeah I thought you were in good shape so I didn't know why you were going with the fake claim. I supposed that maybe you thought it might take a decent servant role out but still was iffy on that.
I was going to keep getting heat from fran so I kinda decided to claim to get him off my back, realized I couldn't claim cop and misremembered how motion detector worked, it really is that simple.

Once i botched that I just doubled down and hopes town would either take me down to end my suffering and take my servant with me, or somehow decido to save me for later.

lokiduck

I dug myself in my personal chat and from there I just decided to double down and dig deeper to see if i could be SO scummy I was actually AND IT ALMOST WORKED.

I feel so bad for Launch at every step of the way.

And sorry Loki I was really busy with work (Last week was Funko Fair so I had to run preorders) and I actually did follow the game but i tried to coast and the lack of paying attention bite me in the ass.

Also dammit I should have gueesed that the servant doesn't go with the master if they are different alignment, I laughed out loud, well played.

I feel my team is in a good position to win this.
It's okay you tried your best and that's what counts. :D I do agree with you that your team is in a good position. I'm just happy that at least one scum died in one of my games >>;

Was worried we were going to have a second Nier Mafia (we are but LOL)

lokiduck

Also I'm sad to announce that scum has missed out on their chance of getting one of the scum win endings :eyes:

I made several endings for the scum team based on who in the team is alive at the end if they win. :eyes:
The ending they lost access to is ending C

Hawthorn

I'll explain my reasons later
Hello all. I don't think I've ever been night killed before, another mafia first!! Very fun game. Very curious to see how things develop with my partner. I could never completely get a read on them but if I had to guess

I would guess that they're neutral, despite the many many times they told me they're not neutral.

Also, I thought it was completely obvious who Salva's partner was, so much so that I had a conspiracy theory in my night chat about that not being the case, but the discussion doesn't seem to be going the way I'd thought it would.

Welcome to out chat, Hawthorne. You did good out there.

I'm still not really 100% sure about my own partner's alignment. I kinda figured they had non-zero odds of being a hidden partner or recruit target for scum.

lokiduck

LOL I kind of love it that in a game with one sided lovers so far only one master servant pair have died :laughing: I guess the masters have done a good job of hiding >>

lokiduck

purely speculation, but I think Vanilla, not vanilla and no result is kinda taking the piss out of the whole cop meme.

I mean look at the sample role. It doesn't have "Vanilla" in it at all.
:I Zipped "Just a Magus/Just a Servant" is this games version of Vanilla. :I I thought that was clear with the sample role PMs. Lit's like how in scooby doo mafia as a vanilla I was an innocent party goer.

lokiduck

:I
What if they align like vanilla = just a magus, not vanilla = servant, and no result = something else?

Then it's basically a detector to see how scum can maximize their kills.
Pepe isn't a servant and he had a power Launch.

weemadarthur

Launch should be the lynch based on the flip, there’s just no way anyone should believe in 2 town sided extra voters.

also i’m not related to salva. c’mon zipped. you’re stuck in a headloop of nothingness. If we were both dead there’s no reason to redact the 2nd flip.

weemadarthur

Fran being RBd and not killed is possible but why would that then make him bother claiming who he was gonna protect? It’s not like anyone thinks he could share that info in advance since his master [presumably still] is dead. And scum would just block no matter what his target was. Why bother even talking.

lokiduck

Launch should be the lynch based on the flip, there’s just no way anyone should believe in 2 town sided extra voters.

also i’m not related to salva. c’mon zipped. you’re stuck in a headloop of nothingness. If we were both dead there’s no reason to redact the 2nd flip.
:eyes: Not so sure about that.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
While what I've read here makes me suspect that I was on the wrong track about Launch, were I in the game right now, I'd be calling for his head at this point.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Are there any town investigative powers left? It doesn't feel like town is going to be able to latch on to the rest of the scum without a result.

lokiduck

Are there any town investigative powers left? It doesn't feel like town is going to be able to latch on to the rest of the scum without a result.
There is one power... but they only have 1 maybe 2 shots left. However, it's not going to be solid proof of scumminess like a alignment check or wee's tracker shots.

Hawthorn

I really thought I hinted at who my partner was ... maybe it only felt like that to me XD

Being scum read all the time for what feels like no discernible reason can be rough. I feel for HP and Maol. I've been there more than once.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
This won't bother Maol at all, but for a newcomer (it seemed like HP had some experience in a different community maybe) it can be a little rough.

Hawthorn

This won't bother Maol at all, but for a newcomer (it seemed like HP had some experience in a different community maybe) it can be a little rough.

I think it was Shirou who played in another community. HP said this is his first actual game. I hope he doesn't give up, it can be galvanizing when you're arguing for your life

malus

#1 official chartmaker
Everything Launch says makes me Scum read him more.
But Town be like "Launchs claim is just as bad if not worse than Salvas and Salva flipped Scum, but after hard deflecting to other players he switched to voting Salva when that was going to be the outcome anyway, so Launch must be Town."

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
For HP when you get here - try not to let it get to you too much if circumstances make you look scummy incorrectly. It's a crap feeling, but sometimes that's how the game turns out. It could be that the mafia team have intentionally picked a target that you were pushing against to try and set you up as a scapegoat, or it could just be plain bad luck if a player that you were sure was scum ends up flipping town at the end of the day. (I know there've been times where I've been only too glad to be the night victim after seeing an end of day flip!)

In situations like that, it's best just to press on as best as you can. You might have to be a little more gutsy or push harder than might otherwise be advisable, but if you're serious in your opinions, they're still worth airing. After all, even if you do go out, you might be on to something that town can put to good use in the end. If all else fails - and you're vanilla - then you can always try baiting scum into going after you so that they don't hit a PR instead as a last-ditch play.

Of course, this is all assuming that you're town...

Hawthorn

It's as likely as any three random players being on a team together, right? It's like that thing about how probably two people in a group share a birthday or something like that?

I actually think it would be kind of neat if an almost-all-new scum team won the game XD

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
It's as likely as any three random players being on a team together, right? It's like that thing about how probably two people in a group share a birthday or something like that?

I actually think it would be kind of neat if an almost-all-new scum team won the game XD
My first time as scum, it was me, Sneeks, and GoG, who hasn't been around in a minute, but it was an all-woman mafia team and two of us were first-time scum. We made it without losing anyone.

It was a fine enough moment to bring a tear to the eye.

:truffleshuffle:

Top Bottom