Spec thread

Verelios

Were-elios
Hey vere
sorry about how things went down, i thought you played well
and im glad you were part of this game
Yeah, three things cemented me dying and caused my eyes to glaze over when the day began. One was me calling for HP to die and him immediately being cleared the next day. HP was always going to stay on my train, and I don't exactly blame him. It's complicated, not quite OMGUS but still personal. The second was Random gradually ramping up to scum read me the past two days, I was the bitch eating crackers in this scenario--so there are two hardliners on me already.

The third was that I did waffle on Hedin as a fact so that gives scum reasonable doubt to vote for me. IMO, it's almost impossible to come back from that moment.

Verelios

Were-elios
@Verelios

Do you mind giving feedback on how I I played?

Your advice after 80's mafia was very insightful.
I think you did good. But, maybe if you don't like to give reads, get more involved in the current discussions. People will have a better impression of you that way and you'll find people that gel with your thoughts easier.

Sawneeks

little green dog
Oh they got Vere? Glad to see they caught another scu-

0cb60bf8513ea96fc1ca93409dbd678e_w200.gif

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I've been purposefully avoiding Spec since seeing the flip because this is a Normal game and I can't just come in and say "Well, Vere was obviously tailored here!"

RIP my Official Hot Take Scum Team.

Fran and Reki are still Scum though for sure.

Verelios

Were-elios
I've been purposefully avoiding Spec since seeing the flip because this is a Normal game and I can't just come in and say "Well, Vere was obviously tailored here!"

RIP my Official Hot Take Scum Team.

Fran and Reki are still Scum though for sure.
Uh...

giphy.gif

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
You all will be shocked to learn that once again Ty will not be getting a result tonight. While it sucks that we blocked my green check, it is nice that he had to claim on D3 so we could lock that role down.

FateShirou

ain't no law when you're drinking the claw
You all will be shocked to learn that once again Ty will not be getting a result tonight. While it sucks that we blocked my green check, it is nice that he had to claim on D3 so we could lock that role down.
cop dosnt have unlimited shots kekw

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF

maybe not the best idea to just keep the role block tied up on that slot lol

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
My reaction to a no kill night will never be anything other than 'They're racking up a multi-kill, aren't they?'.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
maybe not the best idea to just keep the role block tied up on that slot lol
True. You're hunting for protection one way or another via the block or kill. I think I would have done what they did (maybe gone after one different target) and then hit Ty tonight.

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
I thought Scum had this game locked up a few days ago but at this point I think Town has a good chance.

Edit: This has nothing to do with you, Loki. Town just shifted directions. They started suspecting other scummies that I thought were previously managing to stay under the radar.

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
Town getting smoked in this one.
no Town is perfectly fine. it's scum that's fucked.
I think claims are going to potentially hurt us.
They 100% are. This is why i claimed what I did.
I bet they hydro cannoned it.
No we fucking did not. I wanted Rando dead because he was going to fucking scum read me and the fucker lived.
Imagine being killed in a game before you even posted.. couldn't be me..

he-crying.gif
It is a dream of mine ;w; I want it to happen ;w;
scum chat thinking hes lying and contuine to RB him
horrified-chris.gif
this dude likes to bluff, plus we were deciding to kill him :p
Knew you were scum when you claimed BP =( Before that I was team loki

And Fran is scum.
:mothconfused: Why would I ever be town in this case LOL.
I was flabbergasted when you said that you had never been scum before. Surely that's not true?
Nope it had never happened before this game. I've only been town and a serial killer in a game i played in RL (I won BTW) So i had no fucking clue what I was doing. Part of why I think scum is fucked. lol

lokiduck

@Chuggernaut @Hawthorn I am 100% team scum now >:( Town has no right to complain in these games ever because holy fuck was scum team boned this game. Basically the situation i walked into was:

:thisisfine:

and holy fuck it was so stressful. Doesn't help i don't apparently have the brain chemistry to be mafia :nobu: It was just so overwhelming and I felt cornered.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
At this point I think I would say town's got this, but I could see this swinging the other direction still. It's not over yet!

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
@lokiduck
Thank you so much for accepting the replacement and stepping in for jom
I'm sorry for how this day phrase went, and thank you for your contributions to scum chat
You need to stop apologizing. A) Anything you feel like you need to apologize for is not your fault and B) There really isn't anything to apologize for anyways, this a pretty normal late game mafia.

lokiduck

I wanna know why Rando lived lol. But otherwise I think the game is nicely balanced and has been fun, it's just scum got super corned through good ole scum hunting and lack of scum experience lol

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
@Chuggernaut @Hawthorn I am 100% team scum now >:( Town has no right to complain in these games ever because holy fuck was scum team boned this game. Basically the situation i walked into was:

:thisisfine:

and holy fuck it was so stressful. Doesn't help i don't apparently have the brain chemistry to be mafia :nobu: It was just so overwhelming and I felt cornered.
I thought you came in and really provided some of the energy that I wish I could have I just didn't have the real energy due to real life. I'm not sure there was much you could have done really.

lokiduck

I thought you came in and really provided some of the energy that I wish I could have I just didn't have the real energy due to real life. I'm not sure there was much you could have done really.
yeahhhh I was going to try and do the towniest town stuff to try and keep the momentum going, but every time I tried doing fake isos or scum hunting my brain just refused to do it because it was like "they are town why are you hunting for scum? :nobu:" and couldn't stay motivated lol.

It got a bit better when I did the reads on Anex and Pandy, so maybe it'll improve with future scum play but LOL i don't know how scum does it.

Darkside is right :cor: I'm a bad liar.

I guess this is because I'm a bullshitter not a liar lol

FateShirou

Can doctor not exist without a strongshot?

~~not trying to be rude, just curious ~~

lokiduck

Can doctor not exist without a strongshot?

~~not trying to be rude, just curious ~~
Chuggs is right that a RB can sort of work as a counter at least, but usually there are counters to different things.

I knew we couldn't claim fake noise powers because we had no counter to a tracker type role for example.

It just means we are def boned countering protecting if our RB and GF dies if we haven't gotten the Cop and Doc by then lol.

So it's not completely unbalanced.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Chuggs is right that a RB can sort of work as a counter at least, but usually there are counters to different things.

I knew we couldn't claim fake noise powers because we had no counter to a tracker type role for example.

It just means we are def boned countering protecting if our RB and GF dies if we haven't gotten the Cop and Doc by then lol.

So it's not completely unbalanced.

Yeah it's kind of a funky set up and not what you would expect but I think it works.

FateShirou

yea the setup is kinda weird
i though it was a bit too town favoured
maybe it is
i didnt want to make any changes to it when nat showed me it so shrug

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I figured the RB was the doc counter, especially since its unlimited. I was a counter to the cop, and I think the hammerer (even though we never used it) was the counter to the Loved. HP's role kind of counters itself by being one sided lovers. I don't know we really had counters for the override and the vig but both of those had the potential for negative town utility in taking out a townie, the problem was both of those action would have been confirmable. I don't think balance was that bad really, maybe too much town confirmation but I don't want to take away the job town has done with the game though.

lokiduck

I mean, in most original Mountain Mafia games that I've played, the game in its most basic form, Town gets a doctor and/or a cop and Scum gets no special roles.

The counter is that you find and kill the doctor.
Yeah that sounds like more work >:(

:laughing:

Leo

Quack Pack King
Jesus how can I ever trust Monkey lol does she ever not roll mafia

Great play by both her and loki, kudos

Verelios

Were-elios
They gotta start hitting in the uncomfirmed or hammering for a mass claim. But that's gonna shrink their PoE.

lokiduck

if scum think there is a commuter why not just kill ty instead of sitting on him?
I suggested that actually, and gave them a list of peeps to take out before I died, but they wanted to focus elsewhere.

I really wish they had gone for wizard >:( He's ruining my sacrifice ;w;

Top Bottom