80s Wrestling Mafia - Spec Thread

Donnie

Mafia, pocketed, or dead N1
Like I am struggling to understand what the initial spark for the SK theory even was. I thought LP was Just Joking when he First Brought it up at first Then I was Legit Baffled.

Can anyone make it make sense

Literally just Geno brought it up to fuck with town in a moment it didn't make much sense and in a post he was also freely admitting to lying about someone's alignment to sink them lol and the idea has just kind of swirled around even now and again since (despite there never being any more extra kills) and LP got really hooked on it in the last day phase or so

Donnie

I did try to figure out how big their team was from his insistence that there were 4 if them plus a neutral (which made it likely there was a 5 person scum team) but Chuggs wisely encouraged me in the night chat not to think on anything geno said lol

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
I did try to figure out how big their team was from his insistence that there were 4 if them plus a neutral (which made it likely there was a 5 person scum team) but Chuggs wisely encouraged me in the night chat not to think on anything geno said lol
I thought it was 4 at first because i did not remember standard game sizes

Then I looked up standard sizes in the game creation Recourses here on Outer mafia to see it was Most likely 5 scum.

Donnie

Sparks is almost certainly going to vote with Zeke so Wee is trying to tie it up :curse:

Donnie

If your not looking at sparks reads and vote history why do you think hes voting Kopite?

I think theres a pretty decent chance he goes wee

My point was more I thought Wee was hedging on the hopes that he does; but also he said earlier today he was considering either way, I thought he seemed (in his very few posts) to push back a little more against an oj read and be a little more inquisitive towards Kop's role.

That was all really, not sure i needed the implication I wasn't giving Sparks credit or implying he was a sheep or anything, I'm observing where the day has gone and what I think Wee is hoping for to get through this day.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
My point was more I thought Wee was hedging on the hopes that he does; but also he said earlier today he was considering either way, I thought he seemed (in his very few posts) to push back a little more against an oj read and be a little more inquisitive towards Kop's role.

That was all really, not sure i needed the implication I wasn't giving Sparks credit or implying he was a sheep or anything, I'm observing where the day has gone and what I think Wee is hoping for to get through this day.
Kopite was definitely Wee's only play.

Its very fortunate for her it's a good kill for her regardless.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
Honestly if Sparks doesn't show up and Loki is sucked into her meeting that's pretty great cause it "forces" LP into right play.

FateShirou

ain't no law when you're drinking the claw
i never been in spec waiting for town to finish it off
can we rush there at 4:01pm or do we have to wait for fanto to finish posting?

FateShirou

ain't no law when you're drinking the claw
200.gif

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I kinda get LP’s neutral thing but OJ was not a neutral. wee coud have played that off but it wasn’t OJ.

EvilChameleon

Are you scum?
So I hate posts like the one I'm about to make, as I've always said that if you make a big "I'm leaving" post, you want people to say "no, please stay!" as an excuse to stay, or for people to ignore it so you can go "see? I was right about leaving, nobody cares!", but I'm going to go ahead and make one anyway, ha.

But yeah, as I was saying in the thread, this'll more than likely be my last game with this community. I don't want to close the door completely, but I also don't want people worried that I'm going to sign up for the next game the moment signups open and ruin another game with my incompetent, irregular, and frankly annoying playstyle. Finally getting to read the reactions in this thread have disheartened me fiercely. I never meant for any of this to happen, or for me to be some sort of Trojan Horse into your well-knit community of competent players who know what they are doing. So I'm going to do what's best for myself, and what's best for you, and stop playing for the foreseeable future.

We've had a, well, I won't say fun ride, as I know for most of you it wasn't with me onboard, but it was certainly a ride, since I started playing back in April of last year. DuckTales Mafia was truly a highlight of my time playing. I don't know why I can't translate that level of engagement and competency into games I don't know the lore of, but maybe that's the lesson, to only join games I know the lore of. But even if I know the lore of the next game from top to bottom, I'm still not going to join.

Until whenever, stay safe and healthy!
-EC

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
Oh man this is a different vibe to what I had going on. Chill, no need to be worried. 4 dead mafia and 7 alive. Why was everyone panicked?

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Oh man this is a different vibe to what I had going on. Chill, no need to be worried. 4 dead mafia and 7 alive. Why was everyone panicked?
I think it's the difference between looking at the game as a whole based on the daily outcomes rather than being there minute-to-minute during the daily discussions. Wee was in the PoE, yes, but was also garnering a lot of good will amongst the people she was choosing to keep around. It was entirely possible that she could have made it to a LyLo scenario had you and Loki not subbed in and added your fresh eyes (and good Town skills) the game.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
So I hate posts like the one I'm about to make, as I've always said that if you make a big "I'm leaving" post, you want people to say "no, please stay!" as an excuse to stay, or for people to ignore it so you can go "see? I was right about leaving, nobody cares!", but I'm going to go ahead and make one anyway, ha.

But yeah, as I was saying in the thread, this'll more than likely be my last game with this community. I don't want to close the door completely, but I also don't want people worried that I'm going to sign up for the next game the moment signups open and ruin another game with my incompetent, irregular, and frankly annoying playstyle. Finally getting to read the reactions in this thread have disheartened me fiercely. I never meant for any of this to happen, or for me to be some sort of Trojan Horse into your well-knit community of competent players who know what they are doing. So I'm going to do what's best for myself, and what's best for you, and stop playing for the foreseeable future.

We've had a, well, I won't say fun ride, as I know for most of you it wasn't with me onboard, but it was certainly a ride, since I started playing back in April of last year. DuckTales Mafia was truly a highlight of my time playing. I don't know why I can't translate that level of engagement and competency into games I don't know the lore of, but maybe that's the lesson, to only join games I know the lore of. But even if I know the lore of the next game from top to bottom, I'm still not going to join.

Until whenever, stay safe and healthy!
-EC

I wish you well EC and i do hope this is not goodbye forever.

I really do enjoy playing with you. Even this game I was only mad at you for a few hours 1 day phase and was over it as soon as the day ended.

Until next we speak whether it's in a game or elsewhere.

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
I mean, it's true. Scum had no chance here, just like Town had no chance in DR2, and Town had no chance in Star Trek, and Scum had no chance in EZA, and Town had no chance in LiS.

The only balanced games I've ran have been minis or other ones not designed by me.

I may be overreacting a bit, it's just disheartening to see almost all of my games end up in wild sweeps like this for one side. I'm not sure what to do about it.
Nier 1 was a steam roll by scum and I will forever maintain that game was balanced aside from a few tweaks. It's super unpredictable to see how games go and while I'll say my most balanced was probably mystery mafia??? (Even then scum got a bit steam rolled lol), as Geno said as long as the game is fun for everyone it should be all good.

Let's make fun games and balance where we can, but sometimes steam rolls happen. <3
Though I will say I appreciate EC's self reflection here. It IS hard to stay interested in some of the more sustained games, especially when they start to fall apart, and I think it's good to recognize what you prefer and what you don't and I support that!

But I'm also gonna say that a way to fight that boredom in games is to try to work together with folks. :/
yeahhhhhh I tried a few times in the thread while I was spiraling trying to figure out who to vote, only for no one to actually post. That was possibly for the best as my own gut is what lead me to settle on wee lol, but it's hard to do anything when you try and spark conversation if no one else will respond lol.
Loki locked onto that championship belt!
lol you guys had way too much faith in me.
Loki catching up..

reactions-christopher-lloyd.gif
Jokes on you. i got spooked when Fanto first asked me to replace in for OJ (wee got there first which denied me being same team with Ephi :< but to be fair I was not in the right place when that happened lol). Anyways after that happened, i kept up with the thread, so I knew exactly what i was walking into which is why I posted my reads list based purely on what i remembered of the thread when i got there LOL.

Curse you weeeeeee not killing me for the memes lol. Also LP saying I could be sheeping his reads when it was my genuine takes was LOL.
Aw, I've actually never saw Loki play so this will be fun. I don't know what kind of voice she typically is in a game but good luck to her lol I hope she can shake something up here. I would love to know what Wee is making of all this lol I wonder who they're going to kill
LOL I'm sorry you saw this performance because it was not my best work. It worked out for sure and 100% redeemed me for the >> other time I replaced into a Mafia game at end game, << but still wasn't my best work.

Too date my best work was in my lover/illuminati chats in Steven Universe/HvV2 or Scooby Doo lol
Leaving LP alive with Loki is risky imo. If those two get on the right page together the game is over.
Spoiler: It was not. You guys completely underestimated me coming to massively town read Kopite and settle on wee lol.
Loki came in at the second tap with fire and vengeance. She's taking no names, Wee gotta watch out.

How Loki's entrance feels so far:
6mdldv.jpg

Very solid opening reads list, looking forward to seeing how the day plays out.

I think the gambit was decent because the way in which you pre-planned it gave you the conviction of someone who rolled that role at game start and didn't smell like a scum fake claim.
By the time of the mass claim, most of the room credibly believed you were a miller and were unlikely to push you that day phase. At this point, I think you were better served acting like a soft-cleared player and working with the other clears (e.g the masons) to try to flip the remaining scum. Your full reveal seemed a bit reactionary to light suspicion that you were hiding behind your role claim, as town you didn't need your role claim to carry you because you don't need to guarantee your survival to end game.

So IMO the play itself was fine (risky, but produced a different outcome than straight honesty) and the main thing to improve would be cooperation after you have secured individual safety.
:I I literally said I had no idea who to vote except for the two obvious ones i wasn't voting LOL I'm laughing at how much faith you guys had in me when I was saying to Fanto

"Time to make up for Stardew... .-." and spiraling because I wasn't getting any solid leads on who to vote lol.

I expect Loki to chase it up when she looks into the thread again though
Spoiler I did not XD I focused on the video lol.
Lol that junkyard dog dancing video.

Wee may actually be town
Okay to be fair brain was convinced by this random flavor thing, but gut was not, so at least gut won out in the end.

Mind you only reason that happened was i didn't listen to my gut in Stardew and clearly my gut is the best scum reader i have LOL.
Where's the vote loki?! Loki, where's the vote?!
I was getting to it D:< and probably asleep lol. Honestly i need to stop forcing myself to post, scum hunt and vote, and just read some stuff and go to bed like I did here.

I dreamed in Stardew Reki was scum and didn't listen to it. What helped me here was reading wee and Kopite going to bed and realizing that despite everything I believed Kopite more and didn't trust wee at all. LOL BUT EVEN then i had doubt.
Yeah, that's a good point. If she didn't kill Jman or they didn't replace in with loki and Faddy who were on point, then she was getting into f3 free.
Killing jman (and going for the smarter choice of killing me ;D ) really helped my game lol. I was very convinced he was town but also massively convinced he wasn't and I would have debated that massively most of the day phase and might have not go for wee lol.

Donnie

Chugg's, HP, ATP, and Donnie - that's about as textbook as you can be with how a gossip chat should work. It seems so easy buy it usually doesn't turn out that well so kudos to each of you.

Thanks Hedin! I poured a lot into the night phase I had my chat with Chuggs lol the isos just took hours because I was super busy irl but it was worth it. Being able to just candidly hash out reads and the PoE with someone effectively greenchecked pretty much set me up for the entirety of the rest of my day phases lol

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Thanks Hedin! I poured a lot into the night phase I had my chat with Chuggs lol the isos just took hours because I was super busy irl but it was worth it. Being able to just candidly hash out reads and the PoE with someone effectively greenchecked pretty much set me up for the entirety of the rest of my day phases lol
man this description makes me want to play mafia

Nomad Sparkster

This is some wild shit maynard
Hey guess who survived fanto's mafia endgame

You bet'cha yer ass this is helping me get up in the morning

Zeke and I got the dub

Zeke is his own man, man can't emphasize it enough ice fuckin cold water in veins

helped me keep my shit together you bet'cha yer ass zeke is MVP of lover's chat

Top Bottom