Gossip Thread Angel Grove Youth Center

ritascaredoutofherwitdlseo.gif

melonrabbit

The only good kind of melon
Welcome.

Please keep your PMs and identities to yourselves, but feel free to gossip as much or as little as you want.

Billy

Costume Account
Welcome chat partner :)
Even thought not knowing your identity, i chose you because i have faith that i made the right decision.
I think you are town, i know that you cannot be sure about me , since i was absent. But lets try to gossip:)

Welcome chat partner :)
Even thought not knowing your identity, i chose you because i have faith that i made the right decision.
I think you are town, i know that you cannot be sure about me , since i was absent. But lets try to gossip:)

OH IT'S BILLY

HI BILLY

whats up?

reason i don't think you're scum is cuz you admitted that you chose your gossip partner.

rarely do scum get to initiate their own gossip chat like that because it's a pretty powerful utility that way.

usually it's the result of a third party (the items in the price is right, or the third party neutral in overwatch, for example)

so yeah, you are probably town.

probably.

Billy

Costume Account
I am diggin you rita. Will now come back to the game chat and stand strong as i will get ridiculed for being absent throughout the last day Phase. :3

really wish you were here now

could use someone to bounce thoughts off of

zordon seems scummy for voting you

especially given this gossip chat

hmm..

HELLO NEO BILLY

this is our chat

your predecessor didn't really use it

it was tragic

let us use it together

and conqueror earth win the game!!!

Billy

Costume Account
Hello Rita

Usually a Ranger would never team up with such Moon Scum, but we need to take back control of Angel Groove

Hello Rita

Usually a Ranger would never team up with such Moon Scum, but we need to take back control of Angel Groove

yeah well

desperate times call for desperate measures

and all my minions are dead anyhow ¬_¬

i consider you town, btw.

your predecessor left me no indication to assume otherwise.

Billy

Costume Account
I am the purest and most noble-hearted Power Ranger.

Unlike that gloryhound Tommy Oliver.

Thanks again for that, Rita!

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION FOR YOU BILLY

can you clarify how your ability works? specifically, is it 1-shot?

if it is a 1-shot ability, and i am on the lynching block, we should confirm the existence of this chat before i die at the hands of town.

that will give town effectively another almost-confirmed member

of course, if you have the ability to invite someone else that goes out the window.

Sorry if I made a mistake by claiming. I really didn't want the info to go to waste.

If there's any saving grace, there are a lot of juicy targets for scum to shoot right now.

RIP, getting the silent treatment from Neo Billy. :(

I'm gonna look over Zordon in a bit. His attitude changed significantly once he became a potential lynch candidate.

I think Zordon's tone changed a bit once he started getting votes

https://outermafia.com/index.php?posts/21104/ - When I started accusing him, he kinda brushed it off. Look at his town here compared to the rest of the posts.

https://outermafia.com/index.php?posts/21159/ - He got a little bit buddy buddy when Zack threw out his large post.

https://outermafia.com/index.php?posts/21215/ - He started making a case for green ranger here.

https://outermafia.com/index.php?posts/21222/ - Pushed the black ranger vote pretty hard too. Now we know that Black was town so...

https://outermafia.com/index.php?posts/21267/ - Deflecting the votes on him and trying to downplay Zack's analysis. He has five votes by this point, and at least one of them is confirmed town now (Black Ranger)

Zack unvotes in between these posts, making it four

https://outermafia.com/index.php?posts/21299/ - Deflection towards those with low post counts.

https://outermafia.com/index.php?posts/21309/ - Deflection and downplaying Zack's work, as well as a little bit of buddying up.

https://outermafia.com/index.php?posts/21403/ - Focus on Kimberly. NAI unless Kimberly flips.

https://outermafia.com/index.php?posts/21409/
https://outermafia.com/index.php?posts/21423/ - He seemed really shocked that I had more of a read of him then I did of Black.

https://outermafia.com/index.php?posts/21425/ - Throwing shade on the state of the game.

https://outermafia.com/index.php?posts/21451/ - Kimberly reads.

Diary Entry #1: 12:28 AM 5/26/2018

My comrade has gone silent. I fear for my life. I am not making good judgmental calls, and all I can do is make snarky comments to preserve my sanity. They say that no man is an island, and it is true, for I am lost and uncertain about my future. The enemy inches ever closer; their blade yet another centimeter away from my neck. I don't know what I will do... hopefully I will hear from my comrade soon and we can set up a plan, but it's been over 40 hours since the last contact with them.... should any more hours pass by, I must simply assume the worst.

I am lonely, and I am scared.

And I will probably be dead soon.

-The Player Publicly Known as "Rita Repulsa"

Diary Entry #2: 1:21 PM 5/26/2018

The dogs of war are coming, and I still have not established contact with my partner. I have no choice but to assume that he is dead as well, and must make final preparations for a defense against the enemy. This will probably be my last entry, as I will not return alive. I only wish things could have gone better... perhaps in another life, in another world, I will get a second chance.

I estimate that I have about five hours before the horde arrives and unleashes it's hell upon all of us. This will be my final stand, and I will push all fear and loneliness out of my head. It is now, or never.

Diary Entry #3: 5:44 PM 5/26/2018

I can hear them. They're very close now. All I can do is write in this journal to calm my nerves. I haven't done nearly enough research on the one known as Zordon...

If only my partner were here to help...

So lets see... this is our current player list...

1. [They/Them] Tommy
2. [m] Billy
4. [f] Rita Repulsa
6. [m] Blue Ranger
7. [m] Green Ranger
10. [m] Bulk
11. [f] Trini
14. [f] Kimberly
15. [They/Them] Zack
16. [m] Skull
17. [They/Them] Yellow Ranger
18. [m] Alpha 5
19. [m] White Ranger

Kimberly is confirmed as the cop. Trini is confirmed as town. Green Ranger is confirmed as town. You're a gossip and most likely town. I'm town. Zack is most likely town.

So this leaves us with

1. [They/Them] Tommy
6. [m] Blue Ranger
10. [m] Bulk
16. [m] Skull
17. [They/Them] Yellow Ranger
18. [m] Alpha 5
19. [m] White Ranger

as our remaining players.

If I had to guess based upon that particular group, I'd say Alpha 5 and Tommy are the remaining scum.

Neither member was on the Jason lynch, with Tommy being on Alpha 5 and Alpha 5 being on Green Ranger (confirmed town)

Bulk jumped onto the Jason lynch early, so I really doubt he's scum.

Yellow Ranger basically broke a tie between Trini, Black Ranger, and Jason. Scum doesn't do that, especially when it's a strongman on the line.

Blue Ranger isn't likely to be scum for the same reason; he broke a tie on the Jason/Green Ranger vote.

Yellow and White Ranger had some extensive reasons on Jason.

Skull likewise broke a tie on Jason/Black Ranger.

That pretty much narrows it down to those two. I'd be legitimately surprised if it was anyone else.

Billy

Costume Account
Man, it's like reading a mad man alone in their cell in here. It sounds like you claimed in the thread already? Mind recapping it for me in here too so I have basis for when i read the thread?

Man, it's like reading a mad man alone in their cell in here. It sounds like you claimed in the thread already? Mind recapping it for me in here too so I have basis for when i read the thread?

TLDR:

Day 1 we almost lynched scum (Jason) but then it became a town vs town lynch. (Trini vs Goldar)
Day 2 we lynched Jason (your predecessor's predecessor did not vote on that, and I was stupidly not on the vote) who was scum. Also Rac/Red Ranger was town confirmed by mods.
Day 3 I did a bunch of exceptionally stupid claims (including the revealing of this chat), and we lynched Black Ranger who was town. There was no night kill this night, and the neutral left at day start.
Day 4 a cop claim came out by Kimberly (3shots, Green Ranger/Trini town, Zordon scum) and we lynched Zordon. There was also no night kill this night.
Day 5 is where we are now. Rac was FINALLY killed.

Day 2 flip is of particular note, because Jason flipped as a 3-shot strongman. A very powerful role. Which, combined with my own role, means there's almost certainly more than one protective role in this game. So the votes there are worth looking over to see who voted who, who broke ties, etc etc.

Billy

Costume Account
TLDR:

Day 1 we almost lynched scum (Jason) but then it became a town vs town lynch. (Trini vs Goldar)
Day 2 we lynched Jason (your predecessor's predecessor did not vote on that, and I was stupidly not on the vote) who was scum. Also Rac/Red Ranger was town confirmed by mods.
Day 3 I did a bunch of exceptionally stupid claims (including the revealing of this chat), and we lynched Black Ranger who was town. There was no night kill this night, and the neutral left at day start.
Day 4 a cop claim came out by Kimberly (3shots, Green Ranger/Trini town, Zordon scum) and we lynched Zordon. There was also no night kill this night.
Day 5 is where we are now. Rac was FINALLY killed.

I just wanted this portion, what's your role so it's in my mind while I read the thread, have to form an opinion on you too.

I just wanted this portion, what's your role so it's in my mind while I read the thread, have to form an opinion on you too.

1-shot bulletproof giver.

I used it on Pink Ranger, the neutral who left the game.

And yes, it was an extremely stupid play.

Billy

Costume Account
Huh, I just looked at the player list again, didn't even notice. I'm impatient, has anyone taken credit for all these missed kills.

Using this as a springboard to look over Tommy's Day 1 posts. Gonna be a lot of quotes.

How does it reflect well on anyone to put out a meme read list in the first 50 posts of the game? I get that you're calling out someone for saying this same thing, but she didn't even put in enough effort to look at the player list for that read list. It's just a joke, and shouldn't be making you think she's doing anything really helpful
I think we all know that saying this won't matter at all. Someone's going to claim at a weird time
Not lynching on Day 1 seems like a pretty terrible idea in general.
Vote: Goldar

Hey! How are you doing?
What's the alternative? To vote for no one, let scum just take someone out, and continue this same conversation tomorrow?
Hey! How do you feel about the game so far?

UNVOTE
They don't allow hotlinking, so its just showing us their site logo with "Greenranger.com" on top of it.
I wanted to see how Goldar would react if I removed the vote right away. Whether he would try to slip into the background or something else. And he only responded when you pointed this out and had a way to throw some light shade at me for it.
Sort of. I knew that someone would call it out eventually since I know how that looks, but I was hoping for Goldar to reply on his own before that. It just feels like he's piggybacking off of everyone else's reads at the moments.
Okay, I finished my stuff I was working on. I'll be here for a bit now. What's going on?
I can get not liking my prod vote on Goldar, and that's fine. But its weird that you're singling out me and White Ranger for being close to the inactivity line. Billy, Trini, and Jason are also right there along the lines too. Do you feel better about them?
You are really upset about that vote on you, huh? It's just an early Day 1 vote to see reactions like all the other ones in here. Yeah, I did it a little differently than others, but the way that you're still upset about it is weird. You act like I could really build off of that much, when you had a total of 2 posts until recently where you've just been OMGUS'ing like crazy
There are multiple voting for me over that vote, and some others voicing suspicion. Why wouldn't I explain that vote? And it was an early game prod vote to see what would happen. Go back and look at the first hour of votes again, and tell me what reactions people are expecting to get to jump off of for their Day 1 votes. And then tell me what's different about the goals in my vote?

Also, you guys should try to stick to the pronouns in the first post.
You guys are being pretty ridiculous about this whole thing. If I just put a vote down on someone because they aren't here, and then removed it when they showed up, and that was the entirety of the plan, that is a huge waste of time and would be completely pointless. Of course I had some kind of plan with that in mind, because that's the entire point of Day 1. To test reactions to pretty basic stuff and see how you feel about it afterwards.

Apparently, I just shouldn't answer questions that people ask me since that makes me look like scum somehow.
If you think that's conflict to put a prod vote down and test the waters on a reaction, then there's a lot more conflict in this game than you're giving credit to. This is a massive stretch, especially for the point in time you made this vote.

Yeah, his singular post that he made after I took my vote off was a very safe one. He only talked about the points that other people had recently brought up in an attempt to deflect away from himself. He brought up my vote on him, which he seems to have waited to do until someone else mentioned it so it didn't look as OMGUS. On top of that, he immediately jumps into the camp of people saying that the town leader label is suspicious and proceeds to try and throw more in there on Black Ranger. And then afterwards, he proceeds to just throw a little tantrum and say it was all according to plan. I don't like the way that he's handled any of this.
Right, so I've been reading back over the thread, and there's a lot of people that I just flat out need to hear more from:

2. [f] @Billy - Hard to get a read on because her posts amount to a lot of nothing. She offered to give us a read list at some point, but really only managed to tell us that she was pro-lynching today and that was pretty much it
17. [They/Them] @Yellow Ranger - I don't really understand Yellow Ranger's playstyle at all right now, and they're still under the post limit. The Jason vote doesn't feel all that solid, but that's all they've really shown.
7. [m] @Green Ranger - A whole lot of nothing. There's no real substance to anything and then a prod vote on Yellow after people had already talked about moving past the people that inactive
8. [m] @Jason - His conclusions are weird, and he's been weirdly silent since he hit the 10 post count. Assuming that Bulk and Skull are masons was really out there, and past that he really only called out Rita's read list for leaving off people

The people that I wouldn't vote for today are Rita, Zordon, and Pink Ranger. I still need to reread over Black and Blue though.
Yep, there's no vote there because there's a crapload of people I want to know more about first. We'll see though, my vote might still end up on you by the end of the day.
The yep wasn't to the piggybacking comment by the way. It's just a general "Yeah, there's no vote there yet"
The plan was to see how he would react, and we've all seen how he reacted afterwards. I've even explained why I don't like the way he's been handling things since then. I'm not sure how you guys think I'm going to nail scum 100% or anything like that with this plan, but this was the same as all the other prod votes. Just something to get a little information.
And I didn't explain anything until after Goldar had already responded. I would have preferred if people had waited for Goldar to respond before calling it out in any way so that it would just be his reaction on its own, but there's not much I can do about that
Think what you want. I've said about everything I can about it at this point
You're basically advocating to kill an active player just because they're active and we can get information from that. That's really odd reasoning and is honestly pretty lazy at best
I'm not seeing a vote from you in the vote tool. Did it not go through?
Why do you trust Trini exactly? What is sound about her reasoning of just going after someone who has been active?
You have to [ /highlight] tag it
We're not going to get those reasons today. But, is that really enough reason for you to swap from your other plan? Someone trusting you is enough for you to scum read them now?
I don't understand anything that you do. Why wouldn't you fight it as much as you can? If you're town, then your goal should be to prevent any mislynches which would include yourself
Vote: Trini

If there's no real defense, then I have no problem with this vote. I haven't liked her style of voting this whole time, and her case on Jason is weak as it is. Especially knowing that he wont' be back to answer those questions

Something that immediately stands out looking over those posts is Tommy's final vote on Trini. He calls her case on Jason "weak", and of course we know now that Jason was scum and Trini town.

In his read post here, he also has confirmed scum in his would not vote category.

He doesn't really make any strong cases towards Zordon or Jason either, despite engaging with them lightly.

Actually, his read post is just crap in general. A bunch of nothing reads except his read on Jason, which he never follows up with.

Billy

Costume Account
Tommy is going to get my vote today barring something else big happening. There's just too much every time the vote tried going to Jason.

Billy

Costume Account
What made you choose pink? I didn't really notice you liking them much more than anyone else on day 1.

Also, you looking at Tommy because I started to?

What made you choose pink? I didn't really notice you liking them much more than anyone else on day 1.

Also, you looking at Tommy because I started to?

They were my top gut town read going into Night 1, and also a re-read over the thread made me panic at how town read I was despite trying not to be town read. So I panicked and used it on the possibility that I didn't want to die with it. That turned out to be a mistake.

And no, I was already gut-reading Tommy before you even joined the game. See my posts at the start of page 2. I just now got around to it cuz I'm no longer sleep deprived (I had a long day yesterday, court hearings are dumb.)

Day 2 Tommy, here we go:

Tommy has requested a Replacement. One is currently being sought.
Tommy has been Replaced
Hello. I need time. What are the hot topics?
I'm afraid not. Would at least have teammates telling me what's going on.
Maybe. Would you?
I wouldn't listen.
What's the problem with Jason?
This is my stance reading back. I mean Jason is unfortunate, but it's not a clear cut scum case. Maybe for me its even more town than scum. I can't see scum doing what he is doing and yes, maybe that's shaky reasoning, but it is what it is.

I've had a worse feeling about Alpha 5. Don't like the day 1 contribution and switch from Finster to Goldar. Did he defend the accusation from Green about that?

I'd wish I could contribute more, but I just didn't have the time yet. My apologies and I promise I reread during the night.
I get that. Be you were so stubborn at first to stay at Finster.
I think I'd be down to voting Alpha 5. Altought it's a weak one, it's my best. Dodgy vote swing again.

I'd rather vote Alpha 5 over Jason or Black ranger. In fact; I will vote here and it will stay here.

VOTE: Alpha 5
Because it also happened to you day 1 and because I don't like your reasoning. If you wanted to vote Red Ranger you should've done it earlier. Don't know why you would sit on your big scumread.

Billy

Costume Account
Yeah, Tommy day 2 is a nothing character. It can be read into that he really does nothing at all with the Jason vote. He compares it to his Alpha vote but never actually analyzes why the vote was happening or why he was weak on it.

Yeah, Tommy day 2 is a nothing character. It can be read into that he really does nothing at all with the Jason vote. He compares it to his Alpha vote but never actually analyzes why the vote was happening or why he was weak on it.

I just mentioned this in the thread, but what really bothers me is... why does he do nothing? Wouldn't a town replacement be trying to get as much info as possible? It doesn't make sense to be so passive yet act the way he did regarding Jason on this day phase, unless he knew that Jason was scum and didn't want to be on that lynch...

Billy

Costume Account
I mean, hard to say, the replacement before me did nothing. I don't think the activity is alignment indicative, just what he decided to focus on when he was actually around seems odd.

I mean, hard to say, the replacement before me did nothing. I don't think the activity is alignment indicative, just what he decided to focus on when he was actually around seems odd.

True, but your replacements basically did a whole lot of nothing too, where as Tommy's replacement was actively there and made actions that were effectively in favor of a scum player.

Also, related to what you said in the main thread, I'd feel a lot worse about Zack if he hadn't essentially just attempted to lead a lynch on Zordon prior to Zordon getting red-checked. Given the situation scum was in, I don't think a scum!Zack would have done that. You'll see for yourself when you get there tttho.

Gonna gather up Day 3 Tommy in a second, but gonna be slower about it, because I need to eat breakfast.

(Also I might sorta feel embarrassed about Day 3 still...)

Billy

Costume Account
Yeah, I'll need to get back to it a little later, have to start getting ready for work. Zack can easily be town with an odd play style. I'm just trying to break through that.

My real dark horse is Skull, I still can't put my finger on it but something is off in a lot of his posts.

Day 3 Tommy time:

Good job on the jason lynch guys. No nk, interesting. That's an early neutral win and I can delete Pink Ranger from my suspicious list. Also was a bit suspicious regarding jason.

I'm just starting with my reread (for what's it's worth what i did read yesterday. I was on my phone while with friends, which i don't like, but i did not want to be completely absent) on the end of day 2. I made it to #1230 before game just started, so got the fun part to go.

For now; i feel good about trini, yellow ranger & white ranger regarding jason
Feel less good about kimberly.
This is so dangerous. There is no way we can use that comment from Jason to either town-read or scum-read Zack. The moment you think reverse psychology is maybe in play, you just got to leave it there. I wouldn't even see it on the face of one of my own family staring me in the eyes, let alone finding the reverse psychology in an unknown entity behind a costume account.
I also don't have a really good feeling about Zack;

- Is raising suspicion on the lack of countereffort against a Jason lynch.
- What's up with his vote on Red Ranger Rac? Didn't that come a bit out of the blue? The justification he gave for it #1482, isn't enough. Rac was suspicious of Zack, linking Finster death to him. Maybe liked to get rid of him? #1518 we get a bit more explanation which makes it a bit better.
- Zack, I wonder why you went from Rac to Green Ranger and Trini. Why not Black ranger?
Rita, weren't you the one who got pretty pissed about a vanilla town claim day 2?
Okay, so you probably left something back in day 2 to at least give us something of proof? Or was your tactic to wait for the first one to die?
Seems paranoid to me.
I mean, obviously. I would expect a null-read on me at this moment. I've done basically nothing other than that vote on you. And today I've only threw some compliments towards two rangers and Trini. And a slight suspicion on Kimberly. You are totally right to expect more from me. Luckily, things are slowing up a bit, so I can catch up.

If you have a case against me based on Tommy before replacement. Please attack me now for it, so we can be done with it. I'm a different person and I do not like to be confronted with it later in the day. So since I'm still on people's mind for old Tommy reasons. Please explain them to me know and I'll try to defend myself, but I don't think it's really fair. Just saw it coming around now and I like to get it out of the way. I see something about a weird vote on Goldar?
I'm going to vote Kimberly for now. It's based on the following;

- She wanted to reread Blue Ranger, but I think I never saw it. Didn't find anything or didn't do it? I can see the latter, because there were other priorities Day end.
- Focuss on Black Ranger, who is getting heat from a lot more people. Puts an easy vote on him for having posts but no contributions. Vote stays there, altought we were promised she would take a stance on Jason (after a reread where she think Jason is suspicious) to be town or scum. Don't think I saw it. Also the vote for black was going to make it a 4-3 Jason vs Black vote, if it wasn't for Zoldar just unvoting. So it ended up being the 4-2.
- I just think there was a weird distance between Jason and Kimberly.

Vote: Kimberly
For me the claim thing from Rita makes no sense. I admit I didn't search back for it, but I asked Rita and I didn't get a response. But if you was planning on giving it to someone you'd leave a trace of that I guess? Rita admitted it was an unplanned use, so I give her that. But at least give us something on Day 2. Now it's just weird and useless.

She also felt like the lynch on Jason was going to easy, but can't blame her for that because I had the same feeling.
No need to apologise. Just wanted to point it out. Would've been more harmful if blue was in the mix at day end.

My problem here is that you came with a read over Jason posts. And while the content of it isn't that bad, it is the last sentence that hits me the wrong way: "Now to decide as to whether this is scum behaviour or just poor decision-making on Jason's part." You had all the reason to come back on this, but it seems like you didn't and slept on your Black Ranger vote.
Noted and appreciate it.
Let's talk trough it; Your main reason for the vote on Black was your growing annoyance of his playstyle right? Lot's of noise, little contribution? Is that correct?
You were showing your frustration at black for a while now and your vote in that regard was justified. But it came at a pretty fortunate time to oppose something to the Jason train. I admit it's a stretch, but it's there.

Then following it's your post about Jason which I mentioned before.

It's followed by a few posts questioning and criticizing Black, which is I guess the point you are making now. You continued with your focus on him.

Then followed a read on Green Ranger, resulting in the conclusion you didn't see yourself voting there. Ok, fair enough.

Then back to black only.

So yes, your point is valid that you voted black and kept pressuring and questioning and suspecting Black. But you never look anywhere else anymore (only the quick skim on green) and that's what I mean by sleeping on your vote. Your stance on black was obvious pretty early already and it just seemed like you didn't want to look anywhere else.

But that's enough of a focus from me regarding you now. Don't want to make the same mistake.
Correct, but it looks scum to me when you combine it with your read on now scum Jason with no conclusion, which also never followed.

Vote could stay on you, could end up elsewhere. Just means I'm going to assess other people now and look at other stuff which could result in a vote on somebody else. Repeating your mistake would be to vote you now (which I did), but stop looking elsewhere. I'm going to look elsewhere.
Obviously Rita, but that's the easy answer. Would be more mentionable if she didn't catch my eye today. To give a bit more weight to it and to answer your first question, I'm going to look into people who piled on Trini and people who voted Rac. I already felt good about Trini and Jason scum flip confirmed that to me. Rita was one of those on Trini.

More on my to-do list atm is the Black Ranger. I also didn't like his play on day 2 up untill where I'm now. So I'm going to see what's there. He seemed to have lightened up a bit today.

Also Zack. Questionmark leaning negative for me atm.
To add to that I'm also going to reread Alpha. He at least deserves that after my weak vote yesterday.
What did you think of Alpha's vote on Red Ranger (rac afterwards) yesterday?
I disliked Green middle day 2. His day end was better.
About Alpha:

My initial suspicion on Alpha5 was based on him voting Red Ranger when the moment was there with the vote coming out of nowhere. After a quick skim and search I thought this was the second weird vote swing from Alpha 5. Enough for me to vote him over Jason and Black Ranger. Reread:

So it seems the suspicion for Red Ranger already started pretty early day one, with the mechanic Red Ranger used for his random vote. More suspicion when Red Ranger does nothing with his number thingy. Continued suspicion later on. Never lead to a vote on Red Ranger tho.

Middle D1 reads from Alpha5:
Suspicions: Green, Red, Billy and Finster.

Considers swapping vote to Finster. Eventually does. Seemed pretty confident about it. Even doubles down on it later. Short before day end, we get the first suspicion from Alpha 5 on Goldar. Finally votes for Goldar to create a vote buffer (?).

Early day 2 he then would've like to go after Finster, but since Finster died he couldn't. I guess that brings over Green, Red and Billy from his D1 scum leans.

There is some suspicion on the Red Ranger 3 way tie vote. Later more suspicion based on Red being aggressively defensive. I think that's all untill the vote at day 2 end.

------

At the time the vote for Red Ranger really came out of the blue for me. I mean you said it was your top suspect, but I hadn't read anything about it and you didn't vote for him before. So that was what got me wrong way. Still think I'd like you more active on your top scumread than that you was, but with your D1 and early D2 history concerning Red I feel a bit better about it.
Bed time for me now, sorry Zack, would have to take a good look at your big post later. I'll be reading and commenting from phone, but my real contributions will come after I'm back from work around 6 hours before day end.

Out of the people on the Red Ranger vote I dislike the votes from Rita and Zack the most. Since Rita was also the advocate for the Trini lynch that I just don't see why and with this weird claim thing and was strongly townread by Jason early, I'd vote Rita now over Kimberly. I don't want to pile votes on anybody so I won't at the moment. Kimberly, you are not of my radar, but I think it isn't justified to keep the vote on your for the next 18 hours anymore.

Unvote
I can only talk for the last 2 posts, basically only last one, and yes I did say I thought Jason was more town than scum, but I'm pretty sure if I wanted to help out and save Jason, my vote would not have ended up on Alpha 5, but on Black or Green ranger.
This is such a weird post, like really weird,
I don't want to defend myself from this. Did you really mean to type my name there?
So about Black Ranger;

I very much disliked his playstyle yesterday. Got aggressive when multiple votes ended up on him. Obviously also weird he wouldn't even want to lynch Jason to save himself. What's also weird he didn't seem to have to solid town read on Jason earlier the day (that's from memory, would have to search back), and it's not that Jason did something to work that null read to a town read.

Just wondering what happened here.
Black ranger improved today, but maybe that's because the pressure is off him for a bit. Between Zordon and Rita. It's Rita for me, I think she ignored everything I said about her. Maybe it's because I didn't put my vote down yet. But she's my strongest scumread atm. For the points mentioned earlier. I'd also like to add that she posts or rather posted a lot, but did she really add anything?

Vote: Rita Repulsa
Didn't see you asking before. I townread Jason more than scum with my limited time. Alpha was more scum to me.

First and most immediate thing that stands out is that he pushes heavily on Kimberly, whom we can be reasonably sure is a cop given her red check on Zordon. His vote on Kimberly feels weak to me, and I'm not sure of this actual "distance" between Jason and Kimberly. Would need to re-read to see what Tommy saw saw.

He does a re-read over Alpha, and admits his vote was weak last day phase. He did say something to that effect during Day 2 as well, but it's (IMO) of no comfort given that he picked Alpha 5 over Jason.

He does engage Kimberly a bit there. Not sure what to make of it.

He also goes over Alpha a bit, but doesn't vote for him.

However, the standout is this: "Between Zordon and Rita. It's Rita for me" AKA a vote for the unconfirmed townie over the now-confirmed scum. He also downplays my contributions too.

Billy

Costume Account
He’s trying hedge, it’s nothing if Tommy is town obviously but reads real weird if he’s scum.

Billy

Costume Account
Unsurprised no one claimed correctly on my behalf. Figured it’s easiest to just announce that to everyone than just to you. I don’t think this mechanics talk will get anywhere though. If anything, I think it’s an easy scapegoat and I’m curious how many want to dwell on it.

Unsurprised no one claimed correctly on my behalf. Figured it’s easiest to just announce that to everyone than just to you. I don’t think this mechanics talk will get anywhere though. If anything, I think it’s an easy scapegoat and I’m curious how many want to dwell on it.

Good call there.

Day 4 posts by Tommy.

Nais.

Is there scum left?
Hmm Zordon, wouldn't pink move to guess who is Fireblend? Not sure.

I've been suspicious of Kimberly, but red check is Lynch. We see after that. I've been townreading the town checks aswell. Trini I think everybody did, but not green ranger.

I don't think Kimberly needed to do this if scum. I think only blue, zordon and me were suspicious and heat would probably be at Rita today.

Vote: Zordon
Trini would need to confirm Zordon role. That she moved.
Btw, it's 6 now so we would wanna watch out.
Kimberly, only problem I have:

Why the hell did you check green over black? Typo?
I guess, yes.
There is something tho
So what we doing now?

Looking for connections between Yellow Ranger and Tommy, in case either of them flips scum.

Day 1:

How does it reflect well on anyone to put out a meme read list in the first 50 posts of the game? I get that you're calling out someone for saying this same thing, but she didn't even put in enough effort to look at the player list for that read list. It's just a joke, and shouldn't be making you think she's doing anything really helpful

I can’t necessarily speak to Skull’s issue with your justification, but i can add more to why I find it odd. If your vote/unvote had simply been a prod on a player who hadn’t really been present, i doubt i would have batted an eye at it at this stage of the game. However I find the explanation you provided to be odd namely the part where you wanted to see his reaction to you quickly unvoting. Goldar at that point had had effectively no presence in the game. You say that one of the possibilities would be them slipping into the background, but there really wasn’t much further for them to slip into than they already were so I question whether or not that it’s likely that you were considering that when you unvoted.

the crux for me is that had it been just a simple prod and an unvote when they appeared, it would have been pretty NAI and nothing to really note much for me. but when called out on it, it feels like you tried to give a justification for the situation that’s a real stretch in order to make yourself look better in retrospect. But the actual vote and unvote and the language you used in them read like your average D1 prod to me, which helps make the justification seem contrived as I mentioned earlier.

Is this up to date with current posts or something you wrote earlier? I’ve only mentioned tommy in like two posts (which to be fair is a significant chunk of my overall posts), but I don’t even have a vote on them. Jason and finster are more interesting to me right now

Day 2:

??? There doesn't appear to be any connections?

Day 3:

Good job on the jason lynch guys. No nk, interesting. That's an early neutral win and I can delete Pink Ranger from my suspicious list. Also was a bit suspicious regarding jason.

I'm just starting with my reread (for what's it's worth what i did read yesterday. I was on my phone while with friends, which i don't like, but i did not want to be completely absent) on the end of day 2. I made it to #1230 before game just started, so got the fun part to go.

For now; i feel good about trini, yellow ranger & white ranger regarding jason
Feel less good about kimberly.
taken with this, also curious is tommy’s defenses of Jason D1 and D2

Not much to say about their vote history yet without an alpha 5 flip unfortunately. but I think it’s worth keeping in mind that we’ve got what seems to be a clear interest in helping out jason in concert with your own observations
I can only talk for the last 2 posts, basically only last one, and yes I did say I thought Jason was more town than scum, but I'm pretty sure if I wanted to help out and save Jason, my vote would not have ended up on Alpha 5, but on Black or Green ranger.

Day 4:

None...?

Not sure I want to mention that in the thread without a flip on either of them, but if Tommy flips scum today you can bet your ass I will bring it up immediately Day 5.

Billy

Costume Account
Yeah, I took notes on yellow ranger. I hated their day 1 and how they handled Jason but then, I wrote down that I liked them coming back to it while it was still a fairly weak vote early in day 2. I'd be interested in revisiting them with info on what Tommy is.

Alpha Fail Day 1:

Choosing the number 5 seems tacky, so I will go with number 2.

As far as random rolls to determine votes go, I understand the need to generate conversation, but admitting that the vote was completely random via dice roll kinda sucks all of the potentiom for debate out of it.
I'm not sure what else there is to do though. We need to generate some discussion, and the only way to do that is to apply some vote pressure. What bothers me is that we already have some people stealing other people's joke vote ideas.
Well, I don't really have a problem with a random dice roll per say, and I wouldn't call it a scum tell. You would have to ask the Blue Ranger why they think it is suspicious.

I think Finsley and the Red Ranger's votes are the ones that make me raise an eyebrow. Finsley just doubled down on Rita's vote, which the Red Ranger just blatently stole the Black Rangers vote gimmick. Funny, but both might indicate a desire to blend in?
No, I just can't remember the name "Finster" correctly off of the top of my head and was too lazy to doublecheck it. For some reason I never picked up Finster's name from watching the show. I just remembered him as alien statue guy.
It is still a little early to say who is engaged with the game or not thanks to timezones. Give the game 24 hours before we start making calls based on activity.
Are you going to get back to us about picking these numbers? I'm curious if I won anything.​
Maybe its just me, but it feels like you are partaking in weird games to look busy, without actually saying much of substance.
Okay, just caught up.

I was hoping to wait out the first 24 hours before I made my vote, to give more people a chance to leave an impression. Players like yourself are apparently most active when I am asleep.

Right now, I am leaning town on Rita, and I think you are putting in some good effort at the very least. I am a little suspicious of the Red Ranger and am getting a mixed/neutral read on the Blue Ranger. There is also Jason, who I can't tell if he is acting scummy or just not paying attention properly.

Those impressions are just off of the top of my head, since I just woke up. I'll give the thread a reread and post more impressions around 24 hours into the game.
Catching up again, I can understand what Zack meant by calling the Black Ranger a "town leader". In the first 12 or so hours of the game, Rita and to a lesser extent Zordon dominated the flow of conversation. After that, the Black Ranger arrived and immediately became very active and dominated the conversation in turn. Now Zack is putting in some effort.

I read Zack's original "town leader" comment as a challenge more than a compliment, so I was surprised to see other people take it so differently. To be clear, I don't think anyone right now can be considered a town leader yet, just active. Still, it never hurts to vet the active players, and I think Zack is making some decent points.

On the other hand, Tommy is being pretty quiet and passive.
I was about to call you out for voting for someone with only two posts, but that is a bit better.

Not by much, though.

Since we are technically under a rule that stipulates a minimum of ten posts per day phase, I am inclined to let the mods deal with players who are all but inactive. Sometimes real life happens, and if necessary they will be replaced.

The ones who worry me are the people who are posting just enough to get over the requirement and otherwise try to fly under the radar.
After going back over the thread, there is someone who stands out so far:

Vote: Green Ranger

The Green Ranger has been constantly present regularly in the thread so far, but he hasn't posted too much and has avoided directly pressing anyone so far. A lot of talking about rules and the game in general terms, a gif or two, and getting confused by Bulk's hotlinking error, but not much actual engagement in arguments.

I think it is worth applying some pressure over.
Are you still confident in your Jason vote?

I will admit that his post at the top of page 2 is really weird.
To be clear, I think you are present, but not very active. I think you are checking the thread regularly and keeping up, but you are only actually posting irregularly when you see something that is easy to respond to.

So, you are don't qualify as an inactive player, but you are not posting a whole lot and little of substance.

What I am trying to figure out is whether or not this is purposeful.
Okay, finally caught up this morning.

I saw your vote on my, Red Ranger, but it is a timezone issue. It feels like half the activity in the thread happens when I am asleep, and catching up involves chasing a moving target. I will be around until the end of the day phase, unless something unexpected comes up.

For now, my strongest town reads are Zack, Yellow Ranger, Rita, and Zordon. I am leaning town on Bulk and Black Ranger.

I am currently suspicious of Green Ranger, Red Ranger, Billy, and Finster. Goldar's vehement defense raises a few questions, but defending yourself strongly isn't necessarily scum, so I don't think it is a strong indicator.

White Ranger, Blue Ranger, Skull, Kimberly, and Trini are all people I don't have any solid read on. Considering the Pink Ranger's number of posts, I feel like I should have a better read on them, but I don't, which raises its own questions.

Finally, I just don't know what to make of both Tommy and Jason. They both made early posts that are strange and confusing, and have spent the rest of the day phase fending off pressure from other players over those posts. To be honest, the stuff they have done doesn't strike me as scummy as much as it seems simply careless and haphazard. I know there are a few mafia players I've seen in the past whom I have scum read for haphazard play, but turned out to just be town being careless.
I can agree with this.

I am considering swapping my vote over to Finster, but I was still hoping to get more out of the Green Ranger first. I don't think he has said much since I put my vote on him.
So, Red Ranger, do you plan on keeping your vote on me, or were you planning on moving it elsewhere before the end of the day phase?

For my part:
Vote: Finster

My pressure vote on the Green Ranger isn't having an effect, so it is probably time to shift it to my strongest current scum read. I encourage other people to do likewise.
I've been keeping a seperate tab open just so I can double-check quickly. It certainly helps.
I am pretty sure I mentioned my scum read for Finster back on page 2 or so. I didn't like how they first made a vote apparently for flavor reasons at first (following Rita's lead) and then treat it as a serious vote later. Ever since Finster has been rather combative and uncooperative as well.

I am still comfortable in my vote and I will be sticking with it.
I'm pretty sure they are explicitly banned in this community outside of highly specific circumstances. I don't know if this game qualifies, but I doubt it.
With less than half an hour left, I think I will keep my vote on Finster to avoid adding any last minute confusion, since votes are probably being made as I type this. Posting on mobile is too slow to react in the last minute rush.
To be honest, I also can't really remember the basis for the votes against Trini (other than defensive plays by people who were also under vote pressure). I don't really have much time to go back and double check.

On the other hand, Goldar's apparent failed attempts to make last minute vote shenanigans makes me lean stronger that he is suspicious, for the official record.
Okay, I'm here, so I might as well create a vote buffer:

Vote: Goldar
Hmm, I see. Okay, I get the picture. To be honest, I do sympathize with Teini here: figuring out votes on Day 1 is hard.
I obviously meant Trini. Stupid typos.
Your reckoning will come day 2, evildoer!

Good lord, that's a lot of posts. I didn't think Alpha Fail was that active on Day 1...

Of course, the most immediate standout thing regarding him on Day 1 are his votes on Finster and Goldar, both of whom we know are town now. The "vote buffer" on Goldar looks really bad, even if he did technically create one by pushing Goldar ahead by two votes. The vote count appears to be screwed up there tho? Seems Skull's vote wasn't counted at first by @Sawneeks. So I guess I can understand where Alpha 5's vote there comes from if he saw the incorrect vote count.

His reason for voting Finster seems solid at first, but not so much now that we know Finster was town. It's an easy vote for scum to make. There's also his vote on Green Ranger, who is likely town given he was cop-checked.

In his read post here, he had scum in his strongest town reads, town in his suspicious category, and scum in his "I don't know what to make of them" category. He also basically justifies away Jason's scumminess there, which is not a good look.

Billy

Costume Account
Alpha has very much been a blind spot for me in my reads. I don’t recall anything making me think he was scum or town. Even with what you just posted, I could go either way, gut on a lot of those votes is I can see the honest attempt at solving and being super wrong (though I have no clue how you can town read Zordon at that stage).

Is it bad that I really want someone to counterclaim Tommy? I smell a huge lie and I can’t imagine any reason for why he’s keeping quiet on something to do with his Trini protect, he shouldn’t have more info unless he has some weird double role like a lover relationship or something.

Yeah that additional info on Tommy is suspect. If he's claiming and not sharing it, that means he probably intends to protect himself tomorrow so that info doesn't die with him.

Top Bottom